Support group - Miscarriages

I know but prof mahesh and dr shelia says for early losses usually are all caused by chromosome abnormalities. I guess there are many diff types bah. And on the net they probably generalise it everything under chromosome abnormalities. Cox they can't really give a definite answers to why miscarriage besides that. Blighted ovum is one of chromosome abnormalities as well.
Dr Sheila did says also sometimes mc is due to other reason that we dunno as tech is not so advance and every year there will have new test...we can only detect what we can but not all therefore many mc is unknown reason...

Wah!! Whole day until now I didn't login and this thread is flooded! Hahaha! Hello everyone! :D

I've seen my gynae and gotten my report for the D&C procedure... The problem of the chromosome abnormality is Trisomy 16, which I read from the net (again, haha) it is the most common cause for 1st tri pregnancy. During the procedure, a polyp was also removed and thankfully it is benign. So at least now it's a full closure now and I'm ready to start visiting NUH to do all the necessary tests! Let the fight begin!!!

Hi June, I read your post and am sorry to hear tat... Hugs! We are all in the same boat here... So if you need someone to hear you, we are here! Do a mini confinement now and look forward. Grieve as much as you need, but thereafter move on and look forward. It's not the end of the world and we still have our loved ones with us... So we must stand strong! Jiayou!! Hugs!!!

Btw, I realised the med I took from this new TCM is more effective for me in terms of general health. I don feel as tired as last time, I feel quite energetic actually, but I still sleep very well at night. I used to be feeling very cold most of the time and can't stand it, but taking the med now I don feel cold anymore! Compared to the med I took from TSB which were all brewed pure herbs, I don feel any effects on me. My MIL used to ask me how do I feel after taking e med, I also dunno what to say cos I don feel any changes.. Haha! Anyway I will start my acupuncture this sat... Though it's more exp than TSB, but I hope it works for me.

Today is like a full hospital day now waiting for hub to see his psychiatrist den later my turn. Feeling very moody also mayb cos af is here think my cycle quite accurate. Last year this

Worry not! My mum gave birth to me when she's 41!

I just came back from the neuroscience dept at nuh, talking to the psychiatrist kinda trigger all the pain and sorrow out! She asked me to take some pills to control my emotions and will make me feel better but I refuse to take them. Just thinking about my hb they kept on add dosage after each visit. She just kinda remind me of settling the probs first before ttc again. Didn't wanna see her again but she say needs to monitor me for a few more sessions first.

Hi Mangohope,

I had some problems with my emotions as well previously. Did went for psychiatrist but stopped after one session because I dun want to rely on the medication whenever I am sad. Then I found some research online and I started to try Hypnotherapy instead. During the session, the therapist will just talk to me , ask me questions and will do some relaxation music for me to help me relax and control my emotions. It helps me a lot whenever I feel sad or depressed. I feel it is better than taking medication from psychiatrist. You be strong. Like the other girls in this forum said, positive thinking brings positive energy. I am still trying hard to do that during this period.

Oh ya, where can I find that banana pancake in phuket??? Please tell me!! LOL
Every where on the streets. Please eat. I know I shouldn't ask u to drink coconut. But if u no ttc so soon and want to relax for a few mths. Drink the coconut plus eat the pan cake. Heaven!!!!! Omg!! I drooling now!

Btw, I realised the med I took from this new TCM is more effective for me in terms of general health. I don feel as tired as last time, I feel quite energetic actually, but I still sleep very well at night. I used to be feeling very cold most of the time and can't stand it, but taking the med now I don feel cold anymore! Compared to the med I took from TSB which were all brewed pure herbs, I don feel any effects on me. My MIL used to ask me how do I feel after taking e med, I also dunno what to say cos I don feel any changes.. Haha! Anyway I will start my acupuncture this sat... Though it's more exp than TSB, but I hope it works for me.
Glad u get some closure. Now which tcm u seeing ah? Can share with the gals here for reference.

Hi June, I read your post and am sorry to hear tat... Hugs! We are all in the same boat here... So if you need someone to hear you, we are here! Do a mini confinement now and look forward. Grieve as much as you need, but thereafter move on and look forward. It's not the end of the world and we still have our loved ones with us... So we must stand strong! Jiayou!! Hugs!!!

Hi Glacierchocolate,

Thank you. I just had by D&C this Monday and still greiving and recovering. I know that I can cry as much as I want and I am slowly finding some ways to have a closure and to move on.

May I know what sort of test did your doc recommend do after the procedure? Your doc actually did chromosome test on the fetus? My gynea doesn't want us to do that because he dun want us to know which side (my or husband side) is the problem and ended up couples blame each other. Therefore, he refuse to do that for us. :(. By the way, which TCM did you go to?

Hi Mangohope,
The psychiatrist also recommend me to see a therapist she scheduled on June but will see how's my progress like after seeing me next month.
I had some problems with my emotions as well previously. Did went for psychiatrist but stopped after one session because I dun want to rely on the medication whenever I am sad. Then I found some research online and I started to try Hypnotherapy instead. During the session, the therapist will just talk to me , ask me questions and will do some relaxation music for me to help me relax and control my emotions. It helps me a lot whenever I feel sad or depressed. I feel it is better than taking medication from psychiatrist. You be strong. Like the other girls in this forum said, positive thinking brings positive energy. I am still trying hard to do that during this period.

My gynae also donwan me to test ..tho I expressed my concern is this already 2nd time mc.. He told me usually prob lie on woman not man.. >. <

And coz i hv a 5yo ds already he don think shd hv any prob. Sigh.

If try one more time fail again I will maybe ki siao

I Better try 3 mths aft ..rest my mind too

Try young living essential oil .
During tis mc mini confinement I'm applying lavender n ylang on my crampy tummy. . Another oil to lift up my mood. . I think is better den rely on medicine ..

Every where on the streets. Please eat. I know I shouldn't ask u to drink coconut. But if u no ttc so soon and want to relax for a few mths. Drink the coconut plus eat the pan cake. Heaven!!!!! Omg!! I drooling now!
Glad u get some closure. Now which tcm u seeing ah? Can share with the gals here for reference.
Ok set! I'm gonna open my eyes big big to look for the pancake!! Hahahaaaa! Coconut water ah.. Why ley? I don really fancy it, but why?? What's so special ley? Tell me! LOL

The TCM I'm seeing now is Dr Zou Yumin in AMK block 505. The med is powdered kind. I realised she take my pulse longer than TSB ley. When she's taking my left hand, she will adjust my watch to feel my pulse, cos it's blocking. Whereas for TSB, she don and she take very fast, sometimes I did wonder accurate or not also

Hi Glacierchocolate,

Thank you. I just had by D&C this Monday and still greiving and recovering. I know that I can cry as much as I want and I am slowly finding some ways to have a closure and to move on.

May I know what sort of test did your doc recommend do after the procedure? Your doc actually did chromosome test on the fetus? My gynea doesn't want us to do that because he dun want us to know which side (my or husband side) is the problem and ended up couples blame each other. Therefore, he refuse to do that for us. :(. By the way, which TCM did you go to?
Hi June... Take your time to grieve, but u must remember, the longer you take, the longer you will take to recover emotionally and start afresh.

During my chk up appts when I was preggie, I did tell the doc I wanna do a D&C cos I wan it to be sent for lab test as it was my 3rd MC, he agreed as well. Today he advised us to do tests on both myself and hubby to find out what is wrong. I'm surprised to hear that yr gynae is not supportive of that! I believe u and yr hubby will not blame whoever the prob lies with? But this shld not be yr gynae's concern, isn't it?

I'm seeing this Dr Zou Yumin at AMK BLOCK 505. I've seen TSB for 8 mths prior to seeing her.

Hi June... Take your time to grieve, but u must remember, the longer you take, the longer you will take to recover emotionally and start afresh.

During my chk up appts when I was preggie, I did tell the doc I wanna do a D&C cos I wan it to be sent for lab test as it was my 3rd MC, he agreed as well. Today he advised us to do tests on both myself and hubby to find out what is wrong. I'm surprised to hear that yr gynae is not supportive of that! I believe u and yr hubby will not blame whoever the prob lies with? But this shld not be yr gynae's concern, isn't it?

I'm seeing this Dr Zou Yumin at AMK BLOCK 505. I've seen TSB for 8 mths prior to seeing her.
Dr zou went on a tour and met my friend. I hear abt her too. Amk too far.

Oh cox the coconuts very sweet. Phuket very hot. So u pick up a cooling cold coconut and u drink it to quench thirst. Plus the sweetness and with that pancake. Yums!

Lol but coconut cooling. Think no good for ttc. Omg I love leh! And the sweet is natural sweetness not very sweet type. Omg!!! I salivating now. :(

Wah!! Whole day until now I didn't login and this thread is flooded! Hahaha! Hello everyone! :D

I've seen my gynae and gotten my report for the D&C procedure... The problem of the chromosome abnormality is Trisomy 16, which I read from the net (again, haha) it is the most common cause for 1st tri pregnancy. During the procedure, a polyp was also removed and thankfully it is benign. So at least now it's a full closure now and I'm ready to start visiting NUH to do all the necessary tests! Let the fight begin!!!

Good to hear that nothing serious... Jiayou babe!
I'm also having fetus tests... Same as u having 3 miscarriage. Hope I can have a good closure like urs.
Gosh... Now I'm so scare.

Dr zou went on a tour and met my friend. I hear abt her too. Amk too far.

Oh cox the coconuts very sweet. Phuket very hot. So u pick up a cooling cold coconut and u drink it to quench thirst. Plus the sweetness and with that pancake. Yums!

Lol but coconut cooling. Think no good for ttc. Omg I love leh! And the sweet is natural sweetness not very sweet type. Omg!!! I salivating now. :(
Ya, it's far for me too.. So I see her on sat, I can take this opportunity to go park tor with hubby after tat too.. Keke!

Ahhh... I see! Ok la, I will try it bah!! Hahaha! :p

Good to hear that nothing serious... Jiayou babe!
I'm also having fetus tests... Same as u having 3 miscarriage. Hope I can have a good closure like urs.
Gosh... Now I'm so scare.
Thanks a lot, Haze! You jiayou too ok! Big hugs!! Don tink about it... Just take it as some simple test and don stress yourself, ok!

Oh ya, the result also show my bb was a boy... Actually I feel my last 2 MCs were oso boys, dunno ley, feel so...

Thanks a lot, Haze! You jiayou too ok! Big hugs!! Don tink about it... Just take it as some simple test and don stress yourself, ok!

Oh ya, the result also show my bb was a boy... Actually I feel my last 2 MCs were oso boys, dunno ley, feel so...
I nvr done a fetus test before. I don't know my angels are boys or gals. So sad :(

Sigh.

I nvr done a fetus test before. I don't know my angels are boys or gals. So sad :(

Sigh.
Hmm.. Can I say maybe it's better not to know also? Don like that babe... It's past tense le, don look back. Now you shld focus and start wondering yr angel in your tummy now is boy or girl! Hehehe... It will be so fun to find out thru those traditional ways! Have u heard of the gender chart, or do u have a copy?

My gynea is not very proactive in trying to find the root cause of the problem. Before we got pregnant, we ask him if we need to do any test to make sure our bodies are okie. He just said no need. As long as both Singaporeans, we are healthy and should not have any problems. I had a chemical pregnancy last year and this year a mc at 8 weeks. We asked him again, he still said no need. *Sigh*. So that is why my hubby and I wants to change another gynea who is more proactive in helping us.

Seems like this TSB person is quite popular and good. Maybe will go for TSB if my TCM at Marine Parade is not working. Thanks all ladies for providing contacts to me. :) I feel so much better after reading messages from you all and I know that there will be hope as long as I am healthy.

My gynea is not very proactive in trying to find the root cause of the problem. Before we got pregnant, we ask him if we need to do any test to make sure our bodies are okie. He just said no need. As long as both Singaporeans, we are healthy and should not have any problems. I had a chemical pregnancy last year and this year a mc at 8 weeks. We asked him again, he still said no need. *Sigh*. So that is why my hubby and I wants to change another gynea who is more proactive in helping us.

Seems like this TSB person is quite popular and good. Maybe will go for TSB if my TCM at Marine Parade is not working. Thanks all ladies for providing contacts to me. :) I feel so much better after reading messages from you all and I know that there will be hope as long as I am healthy.
Yes, don give up! If you and yr hubby feel the tests will do u both good, den look for another gynae, u didn't sign any contract with yr existing gynae right.. Hehe! Same goes for TCM oso.. Change if u feel there's not improvement, but then TCM will take awhile to see its effects, becos with my last pregnancy still unsuccessful, so I decided to change.

Hmm.. Can I say maybe it's better not to know also? Don like that babe... It's past tense le, don look back. Now you shld focus and start wondering yr angel in your tummy now is boy or girl! Hehehe... It will be so fun to find out thru those traditional ways! Have u heard of the gender chart, or do u have a copy?
Thanks babes. But it boys or gals they will always be my angels.

No nvr find out. Don't dare to find out also like u say. Just taking one day at a time. I feel happy and scared. So just slowly find out.

Wah! The tests able to know gender wor..!! How many weeks is ur fetus?
Mine only 6 weeks plus, maybe couldn't deter bah... Now cross finger.. Tml I'm going Batam with hubby and close Fren.. After so many D&C and blood tests, really making my pocket shrink... Haiz! Tot can go batam for a good massage and relax... But Tsb dun allow any massage, not even foot... Maybe only do body scrub bah.. Hehe!

Thanks babes. But it boys or gals they will always be my angels.

No nvr find out. Don't dare to find out also like u say. Just taking one day at a time. I feel happy and scared. So just slowly find out.

Agree with glacier... Since u are now pregnant, focus on ur precious now... The pasts let it go and believe they will be our prayer angel... Giving us blessing and praying in heaven... One day at a time dear, can understand ur tension... Jiayou!

My previous gynea also not active to find out my MC too... He even keep giving me example, saying his wife miscarriage twice but also give birth to healthy baby girl... He say it a waste of money... My hubby and I felt that he can't bother with us... So we decide to change to our current gynea which is recommend by a church Fren... He very caring and patient with each of his patient... Each appt he take own sweet time to console us and explain... During my first MC, I took almost 8 week to stop spotting n require to take clomid to regulate my hormones... But this current gynea is very careful, my 2 D&C took me only 3 week to recover... What I felt is, go ahead to change a gynea until u comfortable with him/her... Dun listen to others, must go down and had a feel urself.. Jiayou dear!

I truly feel that gynae plays a part too. Must have the 'yuan fen'. I changed to a new gynae after my mc. The new gynae explained to me in details more and told me to remove my fibroid, cysts and to stop my cycle for 3 months . While the first gynae only ask me to take injection to stop my cycle. Throughout my visits during my pregnancy, he never even told me that I have a huge growing fibroid. I only found out as I went to another gynae cos I wanted to compare. And she told me about the fibroid. But i nv go back to her anymore after the mc because i feel that we dun have the yuan fen with her cos i miscarry soon after the appt. Hahaha. Maybe i pantan ba. Anyway, I follow the instructions of the new gynae. Took the opt. Stop my cycle. But the moment my cycle came back, my CA 125 test skyrocketed again. I was devastated. He wanted me to stop my cycle again for 3 more months but I refused cos I really wanted to try again. So he told me to work hard n go back to him every month to check on my eggs n cycle. I gave myself a windows period of 6 months. If nothing happens then I will stop my cycle again. And I'm truly happy that I did give myself the window period cos I managed to get pregnant again and now I have a little girl.

Wah! The tests able to know gender wor..!! How many weeks is ur fetus?
Mine only 6 weeks plus, maybe couldn't deter bah... Now cross finger.. Tml I'm going Batam with hubby and close Fren.. After so many D&C and blood tests, really making my pocket shrink... Haiz! Tot can go batam for a good massage and relax... But Tsb dun allow any massage, not even foot... Maybe only do body scrub bah.. Hehe!
Mine was also around 6week+... I think it doesn't matter how many weeks is the fetus, as long as got a small portion of tissue, able to test le. It showed all 23 chromosomes in pairs except for number 16 which has 3 instead of 2. Then the last showed 'X' and "Y' fields and if 'Y' field is filled, it's a boy, which is for my case. If it's empty, den it's a girl.

Oh massage also cannot ah? I shall ask Dr Zou also, since I'm going Phuket next week.. Haha!

Wah glacier n princess enjoy ur trips!! :) Jia you hopeful :)
Btw girls, suddenly just crossed my mind... Those who have blighted ovum...Is it possible for misdiagnose...actually i oso know too late to ask now cuz i did the pill thing n the chance is v slim but sometimes i will wonder if i shd seek another doctor's opinion..dr loh was the one who told me i had blighted ovum, at weeks 7,4days...but i read online a few who had blighted ovum got misdiagnose esp if they have a reverted uterus...i have one but i only came to know it through Dr Loh also when he did iui for me so he shd know it better than anyone right. He said my sac was 25.4mm (through vaginal scan)too big for bb to hide else where....sigh maybe will hu si luan Xiang after lost bb? I know Dr Loh can b trusted yet i m wondering shd i seek another opinion or wait at least 8-9weeks?

Last edited:
blisswifu: i dont think so cos i had 4 scans over 1.5 week and there is no sign of bbgrowing. 2 scans were done by a professional sonographer at AMC clinic, and 2 by my doctor. i only had something at 3mm, not considered a foetal pole.. and that is barely a foetus developing.. my gestational sac kept growing at every scan, and yolk sac was getting more visible but no foetal pole in sight. and i knew it was meant to be.
I guess u r right...maybe just lost bb, will think this n that....cannot take the truth haa....

Wah glacier n princess enjoy ur trips!! :) Jia you hopeful :)
Btw girls, suddenly just crossed my mind... Those who have blighted ovum...Is it possible for misdiagnose...actually i oso know too late to ask now cuz i did the pill thing n the chance is v slim but sometimes i will wonder if i shd seek another doctor's opinion..dr loh was the one who told me i had blighted ovum, at weeks 7,4days...but i read online a few who had blighted ovum got misdiagnose esp if they have a reverted uterus...i have one but i only came to know it through Dr Loh also when he did iui for me so he shd know it better than anyone right. He said my sac was 25.4mm (through vaginal scan)too big for bb to hide else where....sigh maybe will hu si luan Xiang after lost bb? I know Dr Loh can b trusted yet i m wondering shd i seek another opinion or wait at least 8-9weeks?
Thanks! :) Ya, get what you mean but I'm sure mine wasn't misdiagnosed cos my uterus is normal. Besides my 1st MC was able to see bb but it was a missed miscarriage.. Sometimes I feel when u are pregnant, your gut feel about whether baby is fine or not, u can sense certain things? Hahaha... I dunno la, sometimes I do feel it when I was pregnant.

I feel it myself .. my boobs turned soft aft few days of spotting if I'm not wrong .. so all these lil signs can tell me hw accurate My gynae n bt reports are. .

I truly feel that gynae plays a part too. Must have the 'yuan fen'. I changed to a new gynae after my mc. The new gynae explained to me in details more and told me to remove my fibroid, cysts and to stop my cycle for 3 months . While the first gynae only ask me to take injection to stop my cycle. Throughout my visits during my pregnancy, he never even told me that I have a huge growing fibroid. I only found out as I went to another gynae cos I wanted to compare. And she told me about the fibroid. But i nv go back to her anymore after the mc because i feel that we dun have the yuan fen with her cos i miscarry soon after the appt. Hahaha. Maybe i pantan ba. Anyway, I follow the instructions of the new gynae. Took the opt. Stop my cycle. But the moment my cycle came back, my CA 125 test skyrocketed again. I was devastated. He wanted me to stop my cycle again for 3 more months but I refused cos I really wanted to try again. So he told me to work hard n go back to him every month to check on my eggs n cycle. I gave myself a windows period of 6 months. If nothing happens then I will stop my cycle again. And I'm truly happy that I did give myself the window period cos I managed to get pregnant again and now I have a little girl.
Ya I believe in 緣份w the gynae as well. All in all I have change few gynaes n now w my 4th one.. first time I see my dh can communicate w my gynae freely is my current one..

Bel n glacier that is true...my boobs were not that sore a few days before i saw the gynae..i guess that is a signal..
Yes dolly n oisterbaby, i think a gynae u r comfy with is v impt...can i ask who r ur gynaes?

Hahaa my list as follow
Dr Esther ng (heard her license got suspended once or twice cos no submit tax properly )
Dr Eunice chua & Dr Paul tseng (tmc n they both same clinic But waiting time is so much shorter for Dr paul But too bad I really no chemistry w tmc n the drs there )
now w Dr Roland chieng (he has clinic at peh n mt e novena ), was recommended by a lady in ivf smh thread, from then w him till now

Dear ladies, do anyone feel bloatedness, cramps and muscle pulling a few days after you have done D&C? I felt cramps and muscle pulling today even after I taken my pain killers. When I pass motion, I feel the cramps even more and pain is sharper. Is it normal?

Dear ladies, do anyone feel bloatedness, cramps and muscle pulling a few days after you have done D&C? I felt cramps and muscle pulling today even after I taken my pain killers. When I pass motion, I feel the cramps even more and pain is sharper. Is it normal?
Hi June, yes I felt that too... It's actually wind. You need to take a lot of ginger to expel the wind!

Yes, I will monitor tonight and call the doc tomorrow morning. I think it's the wind in the stomach which has not been expel out. Will take more ginger and see if it works also.

Yes, I will monitor tonight and call the doc tomorrow morning. I think it's the wind in the stomach which has not been expel out. Will take more ginger and see if it works also.

Tk more confinement food .. better mk an appt to go bk to check ur womb if clear or not. .

My 1st mc was natural mc i went back to check my womb aft 1 wk . Doc didnt give any antibiotics.

2nd mc was purged out by cytotec orally .. on antibiotics and gg back for review too..

Bel n glacier that is true...my boobs were not that sore a few days before i saw the gynae..i guess that is a signal..
Yes dolly n oisterbaby, i think a gynae u r comfy with is v impt...can i ask who r ur gynaes?

The first gynae that I went do but nv tell me about my fibroid.. Think better not disclose the name. Haha. Cos I definitely will not go back. But the gynae is quite popular reading the threads in SMH. But somehow, my DH does not like. So i went to another gynae to compare. The 2nd gynae I went to and told me about the fibroid is Dr Joycelyn Wong from TMC. Both myself and DH likes her but no yuan fen la.

My current gynae is Dr Chan KH from gleneagles. He is an experienced doctor and I feel very safe with him. But his charges a bit on the high side. Every time i go see him i feel really xin tong. My DH trust him alot too. His stitching skill is very good and I think he is Mrs Mark Lee gynae. Got their photos in his clinic.

Back