(2014/12) Dec 2014 Mummies

so happy for you Olivia!!! ☺️
Thanks ademe, happy for all too!

What kind of symptoms do you ladies have? Mine comes and goes, but morning sickness stays put.
Some days worse than others.

Other signs i'm experiencing:
1. breasts were sore for a couple of weeks but now no more ...
2. cramps and aches once in a while. the other day I sneezed while lying in bed and encountered this sharp pain that lasted a few seconds. scary
3. exhaustion & fatigue. by 10pm I'm out. but i will wake up at 4-5am and then cannot sleep :(
4. Think my tummy is starting to show a little - don;t know if its bloating or baby bump. is it too early? I'm reaching 7 weeks by end of the week.
My pants are getting too tight!
5. Weird food cravings - started with chwee kueh, then bak chor mee, and today its juicy fries with ketchup haha
6. excessive googling on what I can or cannot eat hahah...

i hv 'allday' sickness and gastric problem. it's either or. driving me mad. i look like a sick kitten. dunno how to go bk to ofc nxt week.

Hi All! I'm exactly 5 weeks pregnant.
East sider and 22 years old!

My appointment on 3rd of May at NUH with dr vanaja!

So far only vomit once.... Otherwise, feeling perfectly normal. Soooo excited!

Edd: 22nd of December... Expecting my 1st baby

So difficult to keep this a secret!!!

I can't sleep I've been reading a lot about baby since I found out. Light insomnia all these while and just soaking in happiness

Wow. U go all e way to nuh ah.

Thanks ademe, happy for all too!

What kind of symptoms do you ladies have? Mine comes and goes, but morning sickness stays put.
Some days worse than others.

Other signs i'm experiencing:
1. breasts were sore for a couple of weeks but now no more ...
2. cramps and aches once in a while. the other day I sneezed while lying in bed and encountered this sharp pain that lasted a few seconds. scary
3. exhaustion & fatigue. by 10pm I'm out. but i will wake up at 4-5am and then cannot sleep :(
4. Think my tummy is starting to show a little - don;t know if its bloating or baby bump. is it too early? I'm reaching 7 weeks by end of the week.
My pants are getting too tight!
5. Weird food cravings - started with chwee kueh, then bak chor mee, and today its juicy fries with ketchup haha
6. excessive googling on what I can or cannot eat hahah...

For me not much leh.... Very light vomiting only and can't sleep for few days.

Today is my 5w3d ☺️ I'm so so excited for my Gynae visit on 3rd may. Hopefully got heartbeat alr.

Poor appetite and constipation at first but after drinking prune juice I start going to the toilet more regularly like normal

hi experienced mummies, 1st timer here and have just tested positive with the pregnancy test but I'm so lost now. what should I do next?

i hv 'allday' sickness and gastric problem. it's either or. driving me mad. i look like a sick kitten. dunno how to go bk to ofc nxt week.

oh dear, i have pretty bad gastric problems prior to pregnancy as well including puking after meals. to be honest like you sometimes i don't know which is which!
I'm still going to work but planning to keep the news from my boss and colleagues until later, but my colleagues have also commented that i look kinda pale and sickly these days....
though i read that nausea is actually a good sign that the pregnancy is going strong but i hope it wears off soon...

For me not much leh.... Very light vomiting only and can't sleep for few days.

Today is my 5w3d ☺️ I'm so so excited for my Gynae visit on 3rd may. Hopefully got heartbeat alr.

Poor appetite and constipation at first but after drinking prune juice I start going to the toilet more regularly like normal
Lucky you ademe! my next visit is also 3rd may! fingers crossed that we see strong healthy heartbeat :)

hey ladies, got a favour to ask. i'm quite urgently looking for contacts of the sales people who goes around promoting either babies milk or mummy's nutrition milk. they usually just deposit their samples and namecards at gynae, pds or obs. One of my close friend is holding a mummy nutrition convention for her company and is hoping to get some samples or even some of them to perhaps speak/promote their products.my gynae is not until end next week so I could only ask then.
for those of you who are planning to visit your gynae soon can just help me ask? or anyone who might already know of such contacts? they usually come from say abott, dumex, Friso, mead johnson etc etc...

thanks vv much!

hi xelishevax, do u hv a regular gynae to call? give them your lmp n get a date to visit. :)
Hi mika, nope I have yet to look for a gynae. But will start looking for one now. :)Will look thru the threads for recommendation. But can I ask if pregnancy kit is tested positive, I'm likely to be pregnant and not false alarm right?

I think pregnancy kit is highly accurate if positive but they have some false negatives.

And praisey, I started on folic 1 month before I got pregnant.

yup, m on folic. jus wondering if gynae's folic n guardian's folic has a diff. pr diff is huge. n gynae jus said he's is sourced fr the best.

Please educate me if I am wrong. It's a mineral right? Folic acid = folic acid = folic acid. So what does he mean by best? I only know price differs cuz of cost of wages, etc. and folic acid, whilst super essential is actually super cheap. Pregnant mothers would need more than folic acid so pple normally eat pre-natal vitamins which contains folic acid already. My gynae asked me to discontinue the folic tablets after I finish them saying that the dosage in my pre-natal vitamins is enough..

Hi mika, nope I have yet to look for a gynae. But will start looking for one now. :)Will look thru the threads for recommendation. But can I ask if pregnancy kit is tested positive, I'm likely to be pregnant and not false alarm right?
ya, misty is right. hpt are accurate most of the time. if u can't wait to find out, try going to a gynae 5 weeks after lmp, will at least c a sac although can't hear heartbeat yet. n the sac is an even better confirmation of pregnancy.

Please educate me if I am wrong. It's a mineral right? Folic acid = folic acid = folic acid. So what does he mean by best? I only know price differs cuz of cost of wages, etc. and folic acid, whilst super essential is actually super cheap. Pregnant mothers would need more than folic acid so pple normally eat pre-natal vitamins which contains folic acid already. My gynae asked me to discontinue the folic tablets after I finish them saying that the dosage in my pre-natal vitamins is enough..
i hv no idea. let me ask anthr dr to c if thr's actually a diff or it's jus branding...

Maybe that better folic acid has more testing and proven to be more easilu absorbed?

Anyway, cabbage contains high amount of folic acid and I love it. Yumz.

I having been taking the folic acid brought from watson.. 3.50 for 50 tabs.. then after that change to blackmores folate

This is the one.. and am still continue to eat..

Attachments

• 1398348069346.jpg
    1398348069346.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 207
I having been taking the folic acid brought from watson.. 3.50 for 50 tabs.. then after that change to blackmores folate

Hi Hi, try guardian also...slightly cheaper $2.75 for 50 tabs 5mg. my gynae says any will do, blackmores etc are more for branding/packaging..
I went to 2 gynaes before, both say guardian/watsons kind is sufficient....

Olivia is right! Any folic will do. Guardian's folic is the cheapest at $2.75 for 50tabs of 5mg. ;) Fighting ladies! Its Friday!!! Yeah!

Olivia is right! Any folic will do. Guardian's folic is the cheapest at $2.75 for 50tabs of 5mg. ;) Fighting ladies! Its Friday!!! Yeah!

I have booked my confinement and massage lady. Reminder to all. Better be kiasu. Good ones get snapped up

Just tested positive a few days ago! This is my #2! I understand they there's a fb grp already set up. Is the group private or can be viewed by public?

Dear mummies! This is my 1st pregnancy! So happy to see positive results after testing on Thu. Seems to have so many things to prepare and read up on. Seeing the gynae tomorrow. Please add me to the Facebook group. Thank you!

[email protected]

I've sent a PM to dashdot to be added on fb. Did I send to the correct person? Or who else shd I PM? Tia!

EDD 31st December leh. My number 1 is also December baby. Hais... I worried that December babies are disadvantage when it comes to school :-(

I've sent a PM to dashdot to be added on fb. Did I send to the correct person? Or who else shd I PM? Tia!

I sent mine to amazing_miracle

I got an invitation to join group after a few days. After you join the group you will need to wait for their approval. I'm still waiting!! Hehehe hopefully I will be approved soon

EDD 31st December leh. My number 1 is also December baby. Hais... I worried that December babies are disadvantage when it comes to school :-(

wow really - I'll try to shoot for 1 Jan if I were you! sometimes edd does change!

I have a good friend who is a Dec 31 baby - very smart girl! so dont worry to much.

Gosh really. I'm an early jan baby myself. Having lived over 30 yrs it doesn't matter a bit..in fact I hated it. Yeah I may have done fairly well in school but so what.that's only barely 1/4 of a person's life. They have a long long way to go. Eventually it's their hardwork, determination and personality that matters. Come on, lets not be overly competitive parents n ruin our kids childhood. So long as they are healthy n happy, that's all I ask.
I'm in fact happy that my kid is a dec kid! Baby of the pack :)

hi WalnutLover are you still sticking with Dr Regina Ng?

I am meeting another doctor tomorrow at KKH. I think I would be less concerned about cost here but I need to see the amenities and the gynae dr KT Tan before I decide. Am worried that the wards or delivery suites could be full. How about you?

I dont really have an alternative doctor now so most likely will stick with her. I just hate the clinic location somehow the past few times I went always jam...

Anybody have experience with NUH before? I want to know in general.

There is private side and government side right for nuh?

I'm planning for water birth. Seen the facility quite ok but not sure about other stuff

Thanks ladies in advance

Back