Food recipes for 6 months & above babies

my_prince

Hi Mummies,
Kindly let me know how to make home made food for 9 months old babies. I'm a first time mom and not sure how to cook baby food. I prefer home cooked food than ready made. Thank you.

Last edited:

Same here, I prepare or/and cook my baby meal everytime. For baby less than 1 year old, their main diet still should be breastmilk or formula. Solid food are more like an introduction and supplement. Avocado, butternut squash, banana, pumpkin, apple, etc are good food to start with.
1) Avocado needs no cooking, just cut into halves and remove the seed and mash. But must make sure avocado is ripe. I avoid buying avocado that got veins running across the skin.
2) butternut squash, pumpkin just steam until is soft enough.
3) banana, easiest, just peel the skin and mash.

Every introduction of food should feed consecutively for 4 days to monitor for any allergic symptoms before trying the next.

Then as you or your LO progress, can mix different type of food together for baby to experience.
It's a fun process but can be quite taxing (especially when baby turns 1) at times thinking of what to cook to ensure a balance diet.

Got a lot i can think of but kinda of long winded...

Hi I will be traveling with baby soon and wonder what food will be easy to prepare for baby on the go? Can only think of banana, cereal and avocado. Any other food that does not require any or much cooking?

Thanks

If your baby is less than 1 yr old, can bring apple, pear and maybe organic instant oat too. How long is your travel period? How many times you feed your baby solid food a day?

To cook those soft porridge, you can either grind the rice graiun first or cook the rice with more water then blend it. For me when I cook cantonese type porridge, the proportion is 1 cup to 12 cups of water. Maybe you can use this ratio if you do not wish to blend it.

Anyway, I don't feed my baby pureed food, I gave her food in its form or cut into smaller pieces but soft to get her used to textured food from the start.

Hi thanks lemondrops, I feed my baby twice a day and is wondering if I should move on to three meals.

For apple and pear how do you prepare it for young baby who can take some texture but cannot bite well yet? I tried cutting the apple into tiny pieces but still not so easy for him to swallow.

Back