(2014/05) May 2014

What's your email address so I can search you?

Did your gynae address any concerns over the size of your baby? Coz I feel better let baby stay in till ready. If wanna induce also at least after 37 weeks coz sometimes lungs not matured.

My email add is [email protected]. Thanks!

I just step into week 37 and my gynae highlighted the possibility of c sec if bb is too big for me to deliver naturally. I was thinking of induction but also do not wish to end up with emergency c sec after hours of trying (as bb not engaged yet). Just wanna hear some thoughts ... :)

My email add is [email protected]. Thanks!

I just step into week 37 and my gynae highlighted the possibility of c sec if bb is too big for me to deliver naturally. I was thinking of induction but also do not wish to end up with emergency c sec after hours of trying (as bb not engaged yet). Just wanna hear some thoughts ... :)
Autumnleaf i cant find penguinly email in fb... u help try.

Penguinly.u try find me at [email protected]

Updated!

Nick | Birth Order | EDD | Gynae | Gender | Hospital | Baby Name | DOB
\ little lamb | 2 | 3-May-14 | Dr Lee I Wuen | Boy | Raffles Hospital | | 5-Apr-14
\ lilacz | 1 | 5-May-14 | Dr Christopher Chong | Boy | Mt A | | 17-Apr-14
\ Disneybabe | 2 | 21-May-14 | Dr WH Kee | Boy | Mt A | | 9-May-14
\ stormie | 2 | 4-May-14 | Dr Mary Rauff | Girl | NUH | Nicole Tay |
\ cherieyippie | 1 | 5-May-14 | Dr Su Lin Lin | Boy | NUH | |
\ rainbowzstarz | 2 | 7-May-14 | Dr Henry Cheng | Boy | Mount E Nouvena | Kayden |
\ snowymum | 3 | 9-May-14 | Dr Paul Tseng | Boy | TMC | |
\ ruimom | 2 | 15-May-14 | Dr Lawrence Ang | Boy | TMC | |
\ autumnleaf | 3 | 15-May-14 | Dr Lawrence Ang | Boy | TMC | |
\ cookiefleur | 2 | 18-May-14 | Dr Caroline Khi | Girl | TMC | |
\ daesungfishh | 2 | 20-May-14 | Dr M Tan | Girl | TMC | Meagan |
\ magdal | 1 | 22-May-14 | Dr Heng Tung Lan | Girl (TBC) | | |
\ FFT | 1 | 22-May-14 | Dr Kenneth Edward Lee | Boy | Mt A | |
\ Nin | 3 | 22-May-14 | Dr Chua HL | Girl | SGH | |
\ potato chips | 1 | 23-May-14 | Dr Adrain Woodworth | Boy | Mt A | |
\ tlaiyin | 2 | 25-May-14 | Dr Henry Cheng | Girl | Mt A | Olivia Tan |
\ beautyababy | 2 | 25-May-14 | Dr Tony Tan Yew Teck | Boy | Raffles Hospital | |
\ serenetjl | 2 | 26-May-14 | Dr Heng Tung Lan | Boy | Parkway East | |
\ clumsybabe | 2 | 27-May-14 | Dr Kenneth Edward Lee | Girl | Mt A | |
\ mummy_baby2008 | 4 | 29-May-14 | Dr Paul Tseng | Boy | TMC | |
\ virgo | 1 | 31-May-14 | Dr Biswash | Boy | NUH | |
\ Babe Me | 1 | 21-Jun-14 | Dr Phua Soo Mear | Unknown | unknown | |

For ppl who want to have ur info on chart,pls provide in above format,so it be easy for snowymum to update

Last edited:
Breast feeding mummy,
Having a problem now,
I dont feel my Breast bloated does it mean that there no milk supply.
My#1 milk supply also low.
See from my situation now think my coming #2 wont be able to breastfeed also

Breast feeding mummy,
Having a problem now,
I dont feel my Breast bloated does it mean that there no milk supply.
My#1 milk supply also low.
See from my situation now think my coming #2 wont be able to breastfeed also
Milk doesn't usually come in until 2nd or 3rd day. Don't worry or stress about supply cos once stress will make supply go down. Just keep latching and latching... baby first few days will not need much food... Stomach is very small!

When I had #1 I was so bothered everytime the old folks keep asking. Baby hungry ar? Enough milk? Old folks like to give baby formula milk cos they feel it is more filling. In the end I so stress and keep crying in my first month. Didn't help that my confinement nanny that time was also not pro breastfeeding. In the end I did exclusive pumping and manage to do so until #1 is 9mths old.

Milk doesn't usually come in until 2nd or 3rd day. Don't worry or stress about supply cos once stress will make supply go down. Just keep latching and latching... baby first few days will not need much food... Stomach is very small!

When I had #1 I was so bothered everytime the old folks keep asking. Baby hungry ar? Enough milk? Old folks like to give baby formula milk cos they feel it is more filling. In the end I so stress and keep crying in my first month. Didn't help that my confinement nanny that time was also not pro breastfeeding. In the end I did exclusive pumping and manage to do so until #1 is 9mths old.
so hw u handled the elders? tts vry diffcult sia... thy wil say no milk, faster feed FM

so hw u handled the elders? tts vry diffcult sia... thy wil say no milk, faster feed FM
I just walk away. Haha. When my mom said it, I just show her my breastfeeding book. When my MIL said it, I ask my hubby handle.

This time if anyone makes comment, I already prepared... just smile and say, don't need to worry and walk away.

Btw, ladies this is a good article and uses pic to show size of baby's stomach.

http://babiesfirstlactation.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/the-newborns-stomach/

It's really not easy to handle the elders. Usually is the aunties and your mom or mil that will make these comments... men are unlikely to do it... last time when I was very affected, I will walk away and cry in my room... end up I had post natal depression. But now I know better, just need to be thick skinned. My in laws I know won't make comments already because end up with #1, after she was 2mths old, they kept saying that we over - feeding. Wah lau me and hubby were so irritated.

It's really not easy to handle the elders. Usually is the aunties and your mom or mil that will make these comments... men are unlikely to do it... last time when I was very affected, I will walk away and cry in my room... end up I had post natal depression. But now I know better, just need to be thick skinned. My in laws I know won't make comments already because end up with #1, after she was 2mths old, they kept saying that we over - feeding. Wah lau me and hubby were so irritated.
Ya lor super difc..esp wen baby cries wen thy arnd.zhun zhun

Oh don't forget that first few weeks baby will have growth spurts, so it will seem like they want to drink milk all the time... this is best time to latch so that supply will increase. Will make mommies very tired but latching often really is the best solution - clears engorgement, increases supply and bonding with baby!

Common growth spurt times in the early weeks are the first few days at home, 7 – 10 days, 2 – 3 weeks and 4 – 6 weeks.

Ultimately, don't stress, do what u feel is right for baby... if really need to supplement with fm, go ahead and do so... don't be stressed or guilty about it. As long as what is best for you and best for baby...

Ya agreed, will try it out if cant then go for fm.
Actually am lazy to keep on latching..

Hi mommies, I'm presently 37wks and will b going csect on 39wks, but cannot decide if I should take epi as gynae says its better for bb. (Although I prefer GA)
Hope mommies can share experience for csect with epi. Do u feel anything sensation? Pain? Nauseous? How is the recovery? Sorry for the many qns. TIA

Tdy super gd gal stay at home...touching up the cot..at the end didi cot turn out to b 'safari theme' haha mattress handed dwn frm jiejie..wen i buy the bolster case i jus took wat i feel suits boys

Attachments

• 1398318621768.jpg
    1398318621768.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 81
Cookiefleur: we should start a support group for Breastfeeding also hehehe.

This is also a topic I am very passionate about, Breastfeeding isn't easy and take a lot of perseverance to keep going despite what all the negativity ppl around you say. There is not right or wrong in deciding whether should you breastfeed or not as this is a very personal decision, and certainly this decision should only be exclusively made by yourself & not any other ppl. The initial weeks & months would be challenging as our body goes through tremendous changes from pregnancy to lactation and also required to cope with caring for the newborn 24/7.

Boob size does not determine how much milk a mother could produce, as evidently I am an A cup boob previously and managed to breastfeed my daughter exclusively for the entire 3.5 years of her life. This also despite her being warded back at NICU at 1-week old due to high jaundice and she did not take in a single drop of fm at all. Again there's no right or wrong if your bb takes fm at any point of their lives, it's just my personal opinion and I stick to it that I do not want to let her have fm because I want to provide bm to her.

I post this lengthy post not to boast or show off, but rather to share that if you believe you could do it, then you would be able to do it. I don't have supportive MIL and I had to face her every day, but she doesn't dictate what I want to do with my kid. My stand had always been "you go meddle with your kid & let me meddle with mine".

Hi clumsybabe, wow!! 3.5yrs bf is really a long time, so u hv to bring your girl everywhere u go? I'm a SAHM and hope to b latching on dd. wish to check with u if there is a need to get a pump to help boost milk supply coz milk normally don't come so early right?

Hi clumsybabe, wow!! 3.5yrs bf is really a long time, so u hv to bring your girl everywhere u go? I'm a SAHM and hope to b latching on dd. wish to check with u if there is a need to get a pump to help boost milk supply coz milk normally don't come so early right?
I'm a FTWM.. so while I was at work I pump according to baby's feeding schedule at 3-hourly interval. During my ML, I already started pumping in the beginning to build up supply (that was why I could bring ebm to the hospital during her stay there for jaundice treatment cos I already had some supply kept at home.. didn't know it would come in so handy haha).

If SAHM I guess you could get a manual pump or a single electric pump to standby for those times when the milk comes in and at times when you had to be away from bb, you could pump after each feed to increase supply or just to keep as standby.

Cookiefleur: we should start a support group for Breastfeeding also hehehe.

This is also a topic I am very passionate about, Breastfeeding isn't easy and take a lot of perseverance to keep going despite what all the negativity ppl around you say. There is not right or wrong in deciding whether should you breastfeed or not as this is a very personal decision, and certainly this decision should only be exclusively made by yourself & not any other ppl. The initial weeks & months would be challenging as our body goes through tremendous changes from pregnancy to lactation and also required to cope with caring for the newborn 24/7.

Boob size does not determine how much milk a mother could produce, as evidently I am an A cup boob previously and managed to breastfeed my daughter exclusively for the entire 3.5 years of her life. This also despite her being warded back at NICU at 1-week old due to high jaundice and she did not take in a single drop of fm at all. Again there's no right or wrong if your bb takes fm at any point of their lives, it's just my personal opinion and I stick to it that I do not want to let her have fm because I want to provide bm to her.

I post this lengthy post not to boast or show off, but rather to share that if you believe you could do it, then you would be able to do it. I don't have supportive MIL and I had to face her every day, but she doesn't dictate what I want to do with my kid. My stand had always been "you go meddle with your kid & let me meddle with mine".
Bravo! Well said!!! Love your quote at the end especially!!!

Bravo! Well said!!! Love your quote at the end especially!!!
having said all those stuff about past experiences of breastfeeding, it is still quite daunting to start breastfeeding journey again for the second time. so i guess in a way we are all equal here when comes to breastfeeding hehehe because we are starting it all over again like a newbie.

having said all those stuff about past experiences of breastfeeding, it is still quite daunting to start breastfeeding journey again for the second time. so i guess in a way we are all equal here when comes to breastfeeding hehehe because we are starting it all over again like a newbie.
Yes yes I quite agree.

I am still worried about how successful (or not) I will be this time round. Scared of the mastitis I experienced 2-3 times from before and hoping that this time will be different. I guess the only thing I am confident this time is how I will handle outsiders comments and managing my own emotions. ☺

Hi mommies, I'm presently 37wks and will b going csect on 39wks, but cannot decide if I should take epi as gynae says its better for bb. (Although I prefer GA)
Hope mommies can share experience for csect with epi. Do u feel anything sensation? Pain? Nauseous? How is the recovery? Sorry for the many qns. TIA

I did csec with epi. You will still feel some sensation cos the anaesthetist will help to push baby out. But only the upper half of the body. Lower half no sensation one.

Pain sure have. That's why I made a comment for those doing csec to remember to bring an abdominal binder with you. The nurses can help you bind and it aids in moving around after childbirth.

Nauseous depends on individual. I will vomit after waking up from GA hence I am adamant to take epi only.

Recovery from wounds was no major issues for me. Not sure if it has anything to do with threshold for pain.

Updated here. Ruimum, can you give me ur gynae name?

When did Cherrieyuppie give birth? Also hor, poco if you wanna be added in, please give me the missing details. :)

\ little lamb | 2 | 3-May-14 | Dr Lee I Wuen | Boy | Raffles Hospital | | 5-Apr-14
\ poco | | | | Boy | | | 23-Apr-14
\ rainbowzstarz | 2 | 7-May-14 | Dr Henry Cheng | Boy | Mount E Nouvena | Kayden |
\ lilysnow | 2 | 14-May-14 | Dr Thewin | Boy | BKK | |
\ applerui | 2 | 22-May-14 | | Girl | KKH | |
\ beautyababy | 2 | 25-May-14 | Dr Tony Tan Yew Teck | Boy | Raffles Hospital | |
\ clumsybabe | 2 | 27-May-14 | Dr Kenneth Edward Lee | Girl | Mt A | |

\ poco | | | | Boy | | | 23-Apr-14
\ lilysnow | 2 | 14-May-14 | Dr Thewin | Boy | BKK | |
\ applerui | 2 | 22-May-14 | | Girl | KKH | |
\ clumsybabe | 2 | 27-May-14 | Dr Kenneth Edward Lee | Girl | Mt A | Caleigh Teo |

Tdy super gd gal stay at home...touching up the cot..at the end didi cot turn out to b 'safari theme' haha mattress handed dwn frm jiejie..wen i buy the bolster case i jus took wat i feel suits boys
I love cheeky bon bon prints haha... me also use jiejie pass down de cover

Back