(2014) ivf mummies support group

Wah faithfullyyours chicken chop and ramen at one goal..
Kitkats spaghetti is nice.
Maybe I should go thai express haha. . Still thinking. .

I got a shock too when I could finish those. DH was even more shock. Haha!

I miss the tom yam mini steamboat at Thai Express at Marina Square but it's no longer there anymore and not many Thai Express outlets have the mini steamboat in their menu.

Good morning everyone!!
wah faithfullyyours and dolly are both petite ladies. I am a size 12 person but recently I order size 14 from asos (normal clothing) so that it is loose fitting and can wear until 6 to 7 months preggy, as for maternity wear I still order size 12. I can easily gain weight too and with the rate of food I am eating and no more exercise for an active person sure very very jia lat. I don't dare to go and weight. My boobs I notice also not so sore as compare initially or maybe I am use to it already, my cup is already 36DD before preggy and vs only max cup DDD so I really cannot afford to increase cup size. The only portion I see weight gain is my tummy which is coming out so so much **faint, of course people still cannot see as I am wearing loose fitting clothing.
I got a pant from asos maternity but like very low cut, I no need to unbutton also can wear up and I think in months to come so low waist also will drop. Hmm.. I love pant as got pockets, but legging will be more fitting throughout the pregnancy. I am starting to wear my new asos clothing and feeling so comfortable, the old clothing I have become just fitting and it is really uncomfortable especially when sitting down become so tight at the tummy.

Hi_Mei, I think you need a bigger cup. Take this chance to buy new stuff hahaah.
Dolly, feeling cold sometimes is very normal. Me and my preggy friends encounter that also.
Iwantahealthybaby, hehe you tried your clothing already? I love my clothing, they are cheap and nice as compare to those selling at the shopping centre.
Wow lynn candy u are v well endowed! Envy!

Joie and iwantahealthybaby, thanks I am feeling ok today. MS at its worst today so assume baby is ok.

Dolly gal, circle and kitkat , do rest well :) beanie is most impt at this stage. Dolly gal, HL is great, can rest at home.

I am 29... At my workplace ppl alr suspect I pregnant, cuz they asking how come my wardrobe suddenly all change to loose fitting clothes....

Joie and iwantahealthybaby, thanks I am feeling ok today. MS at its worst today so assume baby is ok.

Dolly gal, circle and kitkat , do rest well :) beanie is most impt at this stage. Dolly gal, HL is great, can rest at home.

I am 29... At my workplace ppl alr suspect I pregnant, cuz they asking how come my wardrobe suddenly all change to loose fitting clothes....

I think my colleagues should be suspecting something since I MIA for so long.

I dun tik dh will let me take the risk to travel in 2nd tri. Since we went holiday during cny to hk w my parents n family. Tik it's good enough liao.

Due to my sudden bleeding n hospitalized, I have to tell some colleagues who are backing me up wat happened. Vy paiseh can't handover properly as I nvr expect.. I told my immediate boss I can access email but cannot appear in person for meeting

Lyncandy, u everyday eat restaurant food. Good life beanie. Hehe.
Not everyday restaurant food. Just trying to increase my appetite and suggesting it. In the end always never go as no mood to go until shopping centre. I had tom yam vegetarian from the coffeeshop.

By the way, is anyone of you planning to go overseas during 2nd trimester?
Not going oversea as I went to japan last dec. Furthermore has always been absent from work during the procedure and after birth still got to take maternity. need to save money for beanie also as oversea sure need to spend money.

Let's endure bah. We went thru so much to get pregnant unlike my other gf who travel all over the places during 2nd n 3rd tri... so envy... tik she enjoy her pregnancy so much tat she really has balloon up so much enjoying eating ard...

I am so tempted to tell my gf tdy I am preg but holding back again. Another two weeks to end of 1st trimester. But I don't feel good not to tell her 1st. Quite close friend of mine..argh

Iwantahealthybaby, tell u one funni thing. I m vy closed to one of my gf whom we always shopped together. Then one night i dreamt of her pregnant. So the next day when we were shopping i told her. She got a shock but kept quiet as she was already preggy but in her first tri n dare not tell me. Finally after she passed her first tri, she told me my dream was real lor. she sais she almost choked when i told her abt the dream.

Last edited:
Hahaha dolly gal...so should I say...hahaha just don't feel good if u told her the same time I tell others. She may not feel she is special after all. Lol

Perhaps u let her know first then the others..u tik she can kp it to herself then go ahead share the news w her. So far only 1 gf of mine knew as she knew i started my ivf after cny, she even brought her toddler son visit me during my 2ww at home..

I am staying at the East but not tampines hahah, however the nearest branch is tampines for East. You can go to Thomson Women's Clinic Tampines branch under Dr Wong Heng Fok http://www.thomsonmedical.com/thomson-womens-clinics-2/

Faithfullyyours, so envy that you can rest until 21 May. I am trying to endure for 2 more weeks to past to week 13.
Dolly, so do you still need to go back for review?
Kitkats , circle and iwantahealthybaby: what is for dinner hahaha..

Thanks for your quick reply. .will check it out.

Iwantahealthybaby, I did told my good friends yesterday on my pregnancy but say now still not stable so will stay low first.
If other people ask if you are pregnant, you can tell them on the way.
My abdominal has been cramping since yesterday night till now, think I will go tmc to see gynae first later as I am thinking wild already on beanie. Should take mc from tmc hope they have mc. Tomorrow appointment with kkh I will just skip.

I ask my mum is there such a thing as u can't tell ppl about ur pregnancy before 3 mths. (Pantang) She said there is no such thing as cannot tell in her times. She said this is our youngster thinking. Izzit? Anyone ask ur mum before?

Actually it is not cannot say, just that 1st trimester still not the stable stage and people would usually announce when is stable. At least if touch wood anything, people will not keep asking what happen and cause extra stress. That is my understanding. .

My closed gf hide her preggy news till abt 1-2 months before she due. We dun always meet but always on messenger chitchat updating each other. N she was always early online ard 8am where I still on my way to ofc so I later part then she tells me she pregnant n working fm home hence online so early. I m like wat... 3tri then she tell me . Last year when I bfp I thot share the news w her, I expect her to share w her dh but nvr expect she go announce to her mum n sisters... she herself say pantang for first 3 mths n yet she go tell so many ppl.. so this round I kept it fm her till I m stable first...

Haiz I never get to see beanie as I forgot the Doc is on reservist. Will have to wait until tomorrow to see Dr S and the scan at amc.
How is everyone today? Seems like a quiet morning. Oops I am always the most talkative one here heehee.

Ermmmmm.. i think me most open. My mom like told the whole world already. She is so happy she cooked a meal for some of the closer extended family who prayed for us. Told her whole office and cooked them abalone when I bfp.

My 2 best friends and mahjong kakis also know I do ivf. So they also know when I bfp since they walked with me thru the journey

As for my office people, they knew I doing ivf when I applied for no pay leave. Sent me off in a good luck party. Those who asked me about bfp then I will tell la. No point hiding since they will know If I succeed or fail and how far I am into my preggy when I go back to work.

So I think i am the most open here and my family surely not pantang kind. Just announce and ask everyone to continue praying for us.

goood morning ladies....lynncandy hope your cramps nothing serious. guess its beanie growing and expanding your uterus. oh your thomson gynae also a male. i thought u chose female. nevermind another day and you can c beanie. so today on mc? tomorrow also mc?

dolly gal your that close gf actually hide the news till 1-2mths before she due. thats very kua chang. and even thou no meet but almost everyday chit chat in msn or what sure can share the news....true la sometimes you share the news and then this person go tell everyone u also sian...most ladies will know 1st 3 months is "pantang" period.

ya kitkats actually is not say tell sure will have no good things happening. its more like natural 1st trim very unstable so if you break the news to everyone and touch wood you lost the bb then you need to start annoucing to everyone again...but then again your mum very fashionable not old style thinking. my mum actually is the one say dont tell anyone till people start asking. even if 3mths over also dont tell pple. hahaha. i understand where she coming from also, cause previous chemical pregnancy, if i tel 10 pple then imagine after the lost i still need to tell this 10 pple dont ask me about my bb cause i lost it...its just sooooo difficult...i rather ownself quiet and sad and get over rather than pple show concern and give me the pityful look. i cannot take it. i rather tell after i get over with the sadness. so now this pregnancy i still keeping mumb cause i dont want touch wood anything happen suddenly. other than my family and boss no one else know.

yesterday so tempted to tell my gf cause i dont feel nice if she were to know same time as others. thou i didn break the news out yesterday i think i will still tell her 1st before i tell everyone....at least she still the 1st to know. this morning after my bath, i look myself side ways in the mirror, seriously the bb bump is showing already. previously i got like two "tiny" layers of fats around my belly but now it has grown to one layer of round bump. not as flabby already hahaha. maybe the tummy start to grow so in comparison my boobs seems to shrink when i look myself side ways.....

I prefer a female gynae but near the East and good review is this guy doctor. So I choose him loh. Really hope my beanie is fine. Just now I drive to tampines tmc and the clinic was closed. The I realise why my 1st trimester got to stick to Dr S as tmc doctor told me about his reservist and I have forgotten.
Well shall wait until tomorrow to go to amc again :( .. Don't really like that place for scanning.
I am back to work as I don't know where to head to just now. Maybe bring my laptop back and see a gp then take mc later..

I feel like colleagues know aso good. Like we mc bcos of spotting, they more willing to help or backup n at least they try to offload ur job. I have couple of team building coming up lor, dun know how to reject yet.. sianz

I rem my x colleague, she was in first tri n some of us heard the good news so when saw her at copier machine just shun pian congrats her... wow we kana scolding for that. By the other colleague just finish her maternity just hao xin said she can pass her supplements to her aso kana black face back... we felt abit of offended w her reaction n kept our distance away till she finished her maternity

Lynncandy, hope ur cramp is getting better. I have been cramping since I bfp. Some days more some days less.

You can get a hot pack or hand warmer (drop daiso or travel shop). The heat will help with the cramps.

I am still having cramp. Called tmc east coast cannot take me. So I now just walk in to tmc serangoon branch. This cramp is making me worried and I keep feeling got water discharge coming out.. better to go and see to have a peace of mind.

Gals, tue nite was feeling very uncomfortable so I made the plum hot drink before I slept & in the middle of the nite, would feel very painful throat. Yesterday evening the throat pain intensify, especially when I swallow. So last nite went to see GP, was given medicine to ease the throat pain & lozenges as well as antibiotic. Took the pain killer & lozenges last nite & this morning after my breakfast.

Just a while ago, I vomited, my bread. Do you think is the morning sickness or? I didn't have any vomiting till earlier moments. All the cooking smell in the house was making feeling very nauseous.

Gals, tue nite was feeling very uncomfortable so I made the plum hot drink before I slept & in the middle of the nite, would feel very painful throat. Yesterday evening the throat pain intensify, especially when I swallow. So last nite went to see GP, was given medicine to ease the throat pain & lozenges as well as antibiotic. Took the pain killer & lozenges last nite & this morning after my breakfast.

Just a while ago, I vomited, my bread. Do you think is the morning sickness or? I didn't have any vomiting till earlier moments. All the cooking smell in the house was making feeling very nauseous.
I hate cooking smells too! Totally kills my appetite. Ms symptoms come and go. Some days better some days really bad.

Yesterday I had real bad nausea and total zero appetite. Bloating also real bad this week. Hang in there yue! It might be a good ms day tmr!

Yue, which week r u now? Could be start of ms.

My mum already told everyone she meet. So my relatives, her friends all know. But none of my friend know yet. Hehe.
My mum tell me don't Pantang , she said this is good news let ppl happy for u. But like Reno work all that she believe n tell not to do/involve.

Ms can come n go anytime. It can strike at night too

I hate cooking smells too! Totally kills my appetite. Ms symptoms come and go. Some days better some days really bad.

Yesterday I had real bad nausea and total zero appetite. Bloating also real bad this week. Hang in there yue! It might be a good ms day tmr!

Yue, which week r u now? Could be start of ms.

My mum already told everyone she meet. So my relatives, her friends all know. But none of my friend know yet. Hehe.
My mum tell me don't Pantang , she said this is good news let ppl happy for u. But like Reno work all that she believe n tell not to do/involve.

Coming 10 wks.
Don't know is MS or a one off thing. So irony, read MS is a sign that pregnancy hormones are high enough.
Was worried when I didn't have all the vomiting symptoms & now that I just vomited, I m feeling so terrible. Is terrible cos I m type that vomiting non stop after wake up from ER. All the gals who came out fr ER later than me will all go off & I can be stuck in the hospital for hours & continue with the vomiting till night even after I reach home.

Yue maybe u vomit due to sick. I also vomited weeks back terribly i thought it's the start of the morning sickness but lucky it's just mild food poisoning I concluded. Lucky nothing serious. And I am ms free ever since. In fact non to begin with.

LynnCandy hope you get to see gynae and have an ease of mind. Keep us updated.

Faithfullyyours guess where m I now. Thai express having mini steamboat lol. Walk pass and remember what you say the other day so here I am coming in to try. I chose the clear tom yum soup.

Kitkats and circle I feel sharing the preg news is really a happy thing. But maybe I fear somehow and so since come so far wait another 2 weeks before I announced.

Hello everyone, the lady gynae at thomson women's clinic serangoon branch is very nice. I manage to see beanie. Initially when the scan start beanie was sleeping, then I ask the doc will beanie do somersault. Guess what beanie Wakes up and turn to look at the screen like taking selfie. Then doc try and scan to see beanie another side and beanie turn and selfie again. Can see the legs, hands and doc even point the nose for me to see. But I still got the blood clot inside my womb so doc give me mc to rest until next week.
Isn't it amazing that my beanie loves to be screen like taking selfie.
Think beanie must be very tired as I have been travelling around today and that's why was sleeping initially. Think I cannot walk too much already got to rest and rest. Btw I have gain 2kg too within a month.

Last edited:
Yue maybe u vomit due to sick. I also vomited weeks back terribly i thought it's the start of the morning sickness but lucky it's just mild food poisoning I concluded. Lucky nothing serious. And I am ms free ever since. In fact non to begin with.

LynnCandy hope you get to see gynae and have an ease of mind. Keep us updated.

Faithfullyyours guess where m I now. Thai express having mini steamboat lol. Walk pass and remember what you say the other day so here I am coming in to try. I chose the clear tom yum soup.

Kitkats and circle I feel sharing the preg news is really a happy thing. But maybe I fear somehow and so since come so far wait another 2 weeks before I announced.

Which Thai Express outlet is that? I want to go there. I have been searching for outlets that have the mini steamboat. I don't like the clear type because it's too spicy for me. I prefer my tom yam soup to be more sour than spicy.

See beanie can really hear us. Amazing right. U must be so happy to know beanie is strong and growing inside. I have a few friends under Thomson serangoon the woman gynae all quite comfy with her. Can u see the blood clot on screen? how come will have clots suddenly? Did u ask due to what? Guess only when all this clots are gone then you won't spot.

Yoursfaithfully I am at bukit panjang Thai express. They have clear and the red tom yum but the lady told me red is spicer so I chose the clear. More sour than spicy. I finish the whole pot of soup so tempted to ask for refill lol.

See beanie can really hear us. Amazing right. U must be so happy to know beanie is strong and growing inside. I have a few friends under Thomson serangoon the woman gynae all quite comfy with her. Can u see the blood clot on screen? how come will have clots suddenly? Did u ask due to what? Guess only when all this clots are gone then you won't spot.

Yoursfaithfully I am at bukit panjang Thai express. They have clear and the red tom yum but the lady told me red is spicer so I chose the clear. More sour than spicy. I finish the whole pot of soup so tempted to ask for refill lol.

Okie cool! Shall ask DH to drive me there. :)

So far since the last incident I never spot anymore. Just yesterday night untill today stomach very cramp. The blood clot should be the old one still left behind in which doc said will be clearing away by itself.
Wah buddy you can really travel until bukit panjang to eat. Pro leh.. I miss Thai express, so far never get to have a chance to eat. Their chendol, phat thai, tom yam clear yum yum.

Back