IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sisters, may I ask how can I store the medicine after collecting from kkh and go straight to work?
Kkh is far from my house but near my office. It is impossible to go back home to put the med in the fridge and be on time for work.
There is a fridge in my office pantry but some busybody colleagues might create a big hoo-ha if they see the med. So how ah?

@rachelt i did inform my boss. He is supportive if it but he also spread to customers. Haizz

@bliswifu be strong for everything

Im being hospitalised due to severe giddiness & it continues even when i lie down. Can tolerate the nausea but not this spinning. Sad to say even Prof not here to advise what cos it. Hope i can go back tomorrow.

Sisters, may I ask how can I store the medicine after collecting from kkh and go straight to work?
Kkh is far from my house but near my office. It is impossible to go back home to put the med in the fridge and be on time for work.
There is a fridge in my office pantry but some busybody colleagues might create a big hoo-ha if they see the med. So how ah?
@Babygrin.. U got those small portable cooler bag?.. Can put inside and hide in ur drawer too..

@rachelt i did inform my boss. He is supportive if it but he also spread to customers. Haizz

@bliswifu be strong for everything

Im being hospitalised due to severe giddiness & it continues even when i lie down. Can tolerate the nausea but not this spinning. Sad to say even Prof not here to advise what cos it. Hope i can go back tomorrow.
Oh dear.. @petitelady.. please take care of yourself and rest well..
Oh.. I told my boss to keep it to himself.. lol..

Petitelady and rachelt, thanks! Got it!

Petitelady hope you get well soon gal...

My boss is quite nice but I don't feel comfortable telling him the truth so I said I am going for minor op and it's sensitive so I don't want to give more info... Lol

@nervous_babe sure I will update you!
My protocol is min dose stim with letrozole 2.5mg d2-d6, menopur 150 from d6 onwards.
I will ask the nurse when to stop dhea when I go d2 scan. I saw babycomecome's posting saying it should stop before et.

Btw, I haven't started cycle yet. Waiting for af to come full flow. Today very slight spotting so should come by end of this week :)

Sorry to hear abt that @bliswifu, take good care of urself during this few week. People said miscarriage also need to treat it like confinement. Must really watch out wat u eat and do. Take this time to Tiao ur body.. Jia you,

Thanks Tinga and hopeful. I feel consoled to be in this forum talking to u all :) yes i ordered a 14 day online confinement meal package...need to restart everything now... Let's all jia you tog :)

Transport the med to ur office w a small cooler bag. Put the whole bag into the fridge. If anyone dare to open n peek n ask u, just say those r insulin jabs collected on behalf of a family member.

@jklim wow 3mc...u r so brave..how did u get through...
@Babygrin n petite lady thank dears for ur encouragement! Jia you tog :)

The first miscarriage i had to b induced n deliver my elder daughter dead. N kayatyping test showed she us generically fine. Then, i had to go thru her funeral...

Well,hubby said no try anymore, but i perceived on if i wan a child. We women r much stronger than the men at most times. My liVe birth is now 27 months and she is so pretty and adorable. Hang on there n believe tt u will hv a child one day! That's wat see me thru despite painful failures.

Petitelady and rachelt, thanks! Got it!

Petitelady hope you get well soon gal...

My boss is quite nice but I don't feel comfortable telling him the truth so I said I am going for minor op and it's sensitive so I don't want to give more info... Lol

buy also few ice blocks at daiso which u could freeze. keep changing it every hour in the ice cool bag. :)

buy also few ice blocks at daiso which u could freeze. keep changing it every hour in the ice cool bag. :)

actually u no need so many ice blocks. Just one will do fr kkh to office. Leave the entire cooler bag in the fridge. The ice block wun melt much and u can bring the cooler bag home fr office end of the day.

Babygrin yest I had the same problem. Where to out medicines in office. The pantry fridge is common to all and alot of kaypohs there. So I wrapped the medicines in a gift wrapping paper. Sealed n wrote my name on it. As thou someone present me. If the open the seal I wud knw so no one touch it. Haha. Wat to do. My first ivf also I hide frm all n survived. But that time after collecting meds frm nuh I will twll cabby to wait while I drop medicines at home then head to work. Now kk not convenient la.

Blisswifu I heard tsb medicines are v good for first trimester to make baby hold on strong. Wonder if her meds can take wif western. Anyway be positive take care of health built it strong and come back stronger gal

Blisswifu I heard tsb medicines are v good for first trimester to make baby hold on strong. Wonder if her meds can take wif western. Anyway be positive take care of health built it strong and come back stronger gal
@mesara.. I suppose can.. TSB always tell us to leave a gap of 4 hours or so will be better..

actually u no need so many ice blocks. Just one will do fr kkh to office. Leave the entire cooler bag in the fridge. The ice block wun melt much and u can bring the cooler bag home fr office end of the day.

if @Babygrin gonna keep her cool bag and medicine in her drawer den she have to just keep changing the ice block. well we dont know how kepo office people will be to keep on things in work fridge. mayb they might google the medicine name to find out what it is. its human nature kepo people around.

I work in a big bank. My floor has at least a hundred pp who can access the fridge. I do not hv the issue of pp peaking in it. N some fridge r not full fridge. Ie, the freezer is small n has raw food and at times not so cold until it can freeze ice block completely
U didn't take into account of how biz a working day can take. Back to back meetings, impossible to change hourly or rather remembering to change is also a challenge.

Unless the sisters r really quite eng at work.

I'm done with egg retrieval yesterday. They managed to retrieve 6 eggs.
The embryologist called this morning.
3 of the embryos are matured however only 2 are fertilised.

So i'm pinning hope on these two fighters.
I hope they continue to grow tomorrow. Will only know the quality of these eggs tomorrow.

Went for my embryo transfer appt today but unfortunately the embryo is abnormal so I can't transfer. I have another egg that was fertilised today but I will have to make a trip to kk tomorrow to know if the embryo is good for transfer. Spoke to Dr Sadhana and she say it is rare to have all immature eggs. She say first cycle usually will do the standard treatment first. Now that they know I have this issue and if I need to do the next cycle, they will stim me longer and modify the treatment protocol before egg retrieval. Shall see how my embryo grows tomorrow.

Wow... Ladies, thanks for all the suggestions. You all are so creative leh... I am such a nerd, never thought of these.

@jklim4642 I teared when reading your story. It is hard to imagine what you have been through. Although my problem is nothing compared to yours, sometimes I still find it hard to press on, because it is mentally, physically & financially draining.
I am diagnosed with diminishing ovarian reserve at 35, which doc said its unusual. AMH is less than 0.6, don't think I have come across anyone who is lower than that. At times I look up to the sky and ask why me? When I was younger, I wanted at least 4 kids. Now... not even a chance of having one.

Thanks dear for ur recommendation..actually this bb even see tcm oso no hope de...cause is blighted ovum...meaning from the start the bb didnt develop properly when the sperm meets egg...Dr said most prob chromosome abnormality. But no harm seeing her in my next pregnancy :) maybe we will see her tog then right :) yes 4hours apart from chinese n western med :)

Wow... Ladies, thanks for all the suggestions. You all are so creative leh... I am such a nerd, never thought of these.

@jklim4642 I teared when reading your story. It is hard to imagine what you have been through. Although my problem is nothing compared to yours, sometimes I still find it hard to press on, because it is mentally, physically & financially draining.
I am diagnosed with diminishing ovarian reserve at 35, which doc said its unusual. AMH is less than 0.6, don't think I have come across anyone who is lower than that. At times I look up to the sky and ask why me? When I was younger, I wanted at least 4 kids. Now... not even a chance of having one.
Dont worry babygrin, i also have low ovarian reserve but still got preg though lost it...u can try dhea...dr loh recommended that to me when he scanned n said that i have low ovarian reserve...jia you!

Ya ya.. We also still trying and praying to conceive naturally.. We still have 2 more tries before the real procedure.. So praying for a miracle to happen.. Hehe..
Yup.. Keep in touch and share your progress ya.. I oso think so.. If dont have this forum i'll be totally lost..
I made appointment on 15 May with prof Wong . will update what is next after meeting with him . I intend to start my cycle in June if possible.

@bliswifu I took dhea for 3 mths already. If this time no eggs retrieved once again, then I will have to resign to fate that I need to go for donor eggs. That is another difficult journey coz I need to go overseas to source for it.

@deardyan & @hopeful13 wish u the best for the eggs.

Thk u all. I hope i can be discharge today.

@mesara prof dont even come & see me. Instead i went to see him this morning & he ask me so whats my plan? I was pissed off, i go all the way near ET oredi, instead of advising me he ask me back. Of course i told him i would like to carry on. Haiz.......

hi ladies...i will be starting my FET cycle. today is my first day of menses and i am going for the natural FET..do i still need to go for D2 scan?and wat is the procedure?any one can advise me?

Dont worry babygrin, i also have low ovarian reserve but still got preg though lost it...u can try dhea...dr loh recommended that to me when he scanned n said that i have low ovarian reserve...jia you!

@bliswifu low oviarian reserve can be detected thru scans? like normal ultrascan? i thought its thru amh level to know.. sorry, im new to this...

@bliswifu low oviarian reserve can be detected thru scans? like normal ultrascan? i thought its thru amh level to know.. sorry, im new to this...
@iamababydreamer, Dr Sadhana says I have low ovarian reserve too. But for me is blood test results show good reserve but when she scan me, she said my ovary is slightly smaller than average women ovary & there is discrepancy between blood test & scan. So from the scan, she said my smaller ovaries will equal to lesser eggs in it. So maybe the scan shows the size of ovaries.

Like what hopeful said, can scan the eggs. I did mine through vaginal scan...when i have day 2menses went for scan as i m supposed to proceed to ivf , dr loh said my eggs too little, only 4eggs in total n one egg is kind of matured (he suspected leftover from so iui) so i couldn't proceed with my ivf....he asked me to take dhea to help boost my eggs before next menses to check my reverse again...

@bliswifu I took dhea for 3 mths already. If this time no eggs retrieved once again, then I will have to resign to fate that I need to go for donor eggs. That is another difficult journey coz I need to go overseas to source for it.
Dont think so far first...stay positive...sometimes medication wun take effect so quickly...like my hubby had varicocele , so he had to take medicine for at least 3 months for new soldiers to generate...then after that to bu the soldiers....
Dont give up hope, jia you jia you ! All the best !

Hi Everyone............

I am back to this thread....after a m/c last year...am starting my 2nd fresh IVF this June...just wondering if anyone of you can share some tips on food to eat before and during etc? I have forgotten what I took during that time...... Is COQ10 necessary for a fresh cycle? How many mg to we need?

Please help me............. :)

Hi Everyone............

I am back to this thread....after a m/c last year...am starting my 2nd fresh IVF this June...just wondering if anyone of you can share some tips on food to eat before and during etc? I have forgotten what I took during that time...... Is COQ10 necessary for a fresh cycle? How many mg to we need?

Please help me............. :)
Hi , I'm taking folic acid 1mg per day and taking omega 3 fatty acid 1 capsule per day and multi vita also .

Back