(2014/08) August 2014

@queeensg u prob can get calcium carbonate from pharmacy which is pure calcium content in it of 625mg. My kkh doc prescribe for me. But shd b able to find from guardian as tis is supplement need not doc approval to get it. U can chk w the pharmacist to help u out if u not sure.
@kopibeanie try to cut down on carbohydrate intake take more protein n prob switch to whole meal prob it helps. My fren was diagnose with GD but she try to control with food intake. Thk our preggy makes us eat more unhealthy prob our baby wan to enjoy sinful food too.

yep, muz cut down on carbo & unhealthy food! muz muz muz!! but it's so tough... hahah,.

I paranoid today. . Bb din move much today. . Should I be concerned?

Hey girl, I encountered that 2 days ago. BB didn't move much for 2 days - did move but just very mild kicks. After that he back to his usual activity level again. I think their movements fluctuate so just monitor and should be ok I think. Probably they also sleepy after so much movement!

I'm asked to take the GTT test during the next visit coz bb's abdomen on the big side. really worried I'll be diagnosed with GD. :( :( :(

anyone also asked to take the test? btw, I didn't have to take it when preg with #1. muz be too much pizza, mcdonalds & maggi mee this time round. must start controlling diet & exercise more now. sigh....

My fren high blood glucose (not GD yet) but she persevered with a strict diet of less carbo, more whole grains (eg brown rice, vege) and successfully brought down sugar level. She even slimmed down and looked better. I think for our own sake and bb must try to eat healthier k.

I limit fast food to once a week, and try to cook brown rice if possible. If i cheat during lunch, then I try to eat healthier at dinner and also next day to compensate. My gynae asked me that day why we need so much sugar/glucose (eg white rice, white bread, carbo etc)...cos sugar can cause a lot of unwanted side effects. We all take in a lot of sugar unwittingly actually without our knowledge, so must try to cut down sugar intake.

@shirleyten - Haha right..... It will be fine! Not many brands I don't think will have that many people.

Can I check what calcium supplement you ladies are taking? Brand and content? I'm already on prenatal vitamins and am thinking of having a calcium supplement as I tend to forget to drink milk. But those in the market seem to add other vitamins and I can't seem to find a supplement that only has calcium citrate.

Thanks!
I'm taking Usana calcium supplement which has daily dosage of 800 mg calcium. This is really good cos no constipation problem and has active vit D which our body need to absorb the calcium. PM me if you need more info. I can send you the price n details of product content.

@queeensg the calcium tablets is quite big tablet . Mayb u try it out first n c how is it. Is good cos is purely calcium. I also don drink much milk so I been taking prenatal multivit n the calcium carbonate 625mg.
@kopibeanie I also been taking too much fried foods n spicy stuffs. I thk I also.gotta take more healthy food. Wat to.do sinful taste better!!
@shirleyten u can try lie.down on ur left side.then wait n chg positio to lying down flat n tap on the tummy . Prob the bb sleeping jus when u r more free. N when u busy u prob din pay much attention to the baby movement. Sometimes I also feels the baby don move much. But guess daily it varies.
@Seaturtle my previous gynae also tels me no need eat rice no need bread. Bfast jus eat cereal n low sugar soya milk. N eat less rice n noodles. But I stil cant resist the noodles calling out for me to eat them. So still succumb to the temptation. Sigh... low resistance I got!!!

@joyctansg - ha ha despite best efforts I still crave for fried food and potato chips and choc too :p. I try to cut down the portion size, and for choc I went to hunt for minimal sugar dark choc which I found in this brand called "Frey". Ya must cut down carbo and eat more proteins. I end up keep balancing the equilibrium cos very hard to keep eating only nutritious food.

Hope @kopibeanie the test is ok, actually may not be an issue but good to have a gentle reminder to eat healthily!

My fren high blood glucose (not GD yet) but she persevered with a strict diet of less carbo, more whole grains (eg brown rice, vege) and successfully brought down sugar level. She even slimmed down and looked better. I think for our own sake and bb must try to eat healthier k.

I limit fast food to once a week, and try to cook brown rice if possible. If i cheat during lunch, then I try to eat healthier at dinner and also next day to compensate. My gynae asked me that day why we need so much sugar/glucose (eg white rice, white bread, carbo etc)...cos sugar can cause a lot of unwanted side effects. We all take in a lot of sugar unwittingly actually without our knowledge, so must try to cut down sugar intake.

yep!! muz cut down on carbo & sugars!! jiayou!!

somehow juz crave more for carbo, sweet stuff, spicy stuff, strong flavored stuff & fast food during pregnancy. hate plain stuff like porridge & vege. dunno y also. wish my taste buds can be more cooperative.

yep!! muz cut down on carbo & sugars!! jiayou!!

somehow juz crave more for carbo, sweet stuff, spicy stuff, strong flavored stuff & fast food during pregnancy. hate plain stuff like porridge & vege. dunno y also. wish my taste buds can be more cooperative.

I read somewhere in a TCM book that it might be because we have poorer 脾 (spleen) functionality during pregnancy as immune system is weakened, so our taste buds crave for strong flavoured food to whet appetite, but actually the body still prefers to have nutritious more natural tasting food. So it's a battle btw the mouth and what is good for the body ha ha. I sometimes crave a lot for Mac, but force myself to walk away as quota reached for the week, and guai guai went to eat grilled salmon with less rice. And ur body will feel much better than if you eat those strong flavoured stuff...maybe you can try cut down the portion first :).

Jia you, you can do it one!

Thanks all! Think she was tired yesterday and after several attempts to make her more active she still like do.mild mild kicks.. till I go and take 2 slip of coke, magic works.. lol.. and she goes on and off for an hour at 10pm. Thanks god she did that.. otherwise I would have gone gyane today just to see her.. :)

Thanks all! Think she was tired yesterday and after several attempts to make her more active she still like do.mild mild kicks.. till I go and take 2 slip of coke, magic works.. lol.. and she goes on and off for an hour at 10pm. Thanks god she did that.. otherwise I would have gone gyane today just to see her.. :)

Sugar high!

I read somewhere in a TCM book that it might be because we have poorer 脾 (spleen) functionality during pregnancy as immune system is weakened, so our taste buds crave for strong flavoured food to whet appetite, but actually the body still prefers to have nutritious more natural tasting food. So it's a battle btw the mouth and what is good for the body ha ha. I sometimes crave a lot for Mac, but force myself to walk away as quota reached for the week, and guai guai went to eat grilled salmon with less rice. And ur body will feel much better than if you eat those strong flavoured stuff...maybe you can try cut down the portion first :).

Jia you, you can do it one!

ic.. thanks for the info. :)

Your beanie likes coke!!

Hey mummies, just wondering when u all say you can feel the baby kicking and moving, how does it feels like?
Unfortunately, I still can't tell...

Thanks all for your inputs on the calcium supplement. I'll check out local pharmacies. And yes, the one my gynae prescribes is also quite big. They sell soft gel ones online though. I'm not quite keen to get anything with vitamin D as my prenats already has 100% daily intake.

@J.Lau - I only started feeling harder flutters when I was in week 20. Its like thumps in your stomach.. Rolling about here and there.

Sometimes I disturb baby.. When I feel some parts of my tumtum harder (baby's there), I will press the spot or put my hand over with some pressure to better feel the moving/kicking.

Lying down is easier to spot, I feel!

@J.Lau - I only started feeling harder flutters when I was in week 20. Its like thumps in your stomach.. Rolling about here and there.

Sometimes I disturb baby.. When I feel some parts of my tumtum harder (baby's there), I will press the spot or put my hand over with some pressure to better feel the moving/kicking.

Lying down is easier to spot, I feel!

Sometimes I feel like inside got air bubble busting like that esp after meals.

Hey mummies, just wondering when u all say you can feel the baby kicking and moving, how does it feels like?
Unfortunately, I still can't tell...
Am at 23 weeks now. Baby is kicking and elbowing and shifting around. Can't miss it. Especially when baby moves left to right... probably to find a more comfortable position.. don't worry eventually every few minutes can feel it though there may be times when movements are minimal

When I went for my detail scan, the sonographer was telling me that my baby is only 320g which is quite small and she said that there are plenty of room inside my womb.
However at times, I can't help but being paranoid as to whether is my baby alive. :(

I had my detailed scan on my 5th mth n my baby is only 324gram so same same lah..
After a week than I can feel baby moving fir the 1st time n I was confused whether is I am hungry or baby is moving haha

When I went for my detail scan, the sonographer was telling me that my baby is only 320g which is quite small and she said that there are plenty of room inside my womb.
However at times, I can't help but being paranoid as to whether is my baby alive. :(

My little girl is 316g. I'm having this same feeling too. Coz I can't really feel her moving.

Dont worry cos im on my 6th mth now..initially totally no feel whether got baby inside or not until 5th mth 2 wks later

@xpicks how many kg have u gained so far?

@JL72 I am paranoid till wanna get the equipment to listen to the heart beat at home & make sure she is alive!

@JL72 At least you can tell the difference but I can't...

@xpicks Wow! Your girl so tiny ah? And I tot my girl is the smallest. Heehee!

Beanies will grow most in 3rd trimester ... then mummies will start looking clumsy lol
Now in the first 2 trimesters beanies are expanding energy to grow vital organs .. enjoy the light weight mow

Going for detailed scan tomorrow, pray that everything goes well.

I can't help having Prof Ananda's words lingering in my head 'even if harmony test turns out well for you, it is redundant in your case.'

Praying for healing everyday, that my baby will be a testament of God's healing and a child with a heart for God.

I seek prayers from all mommies if you have a little moment for my baby as well, thank you so much!

Waiwish, why did Prof Ananda say that if u don't mind?

@xpicks I've gained abt 7-8kg too! But till now I still can't tell whether was that bust a kick or something else... but good for you! Just when we were talking abt her!

@JL72 Hahaha! I don't think that equipment can be used to hear lah.

I
Waiwish, why did Prof Ananda say that if u don't mind?
went to him after my oscar results didn't turn out well. That was a 12w detailed scan. He spotted 5 soft markers relating to heart and shirt nasal bone.

In any case, I take heart that every scan we had at my gynae shows positive signs and my 20w detailed scan went well too. Will continue healing prayers and trust in The Lord. :)

@J.Lau - but when i went for my detail scan last week, sonographer say my bb weighs 343g, which i feel is small. so i ask the sonographer if this weight is acceptable n she say yes leh..hmm..dun really feel assuring for me though..will ask gynae during nxt visit..dun worry, think bb just not much movement. doesnt mean anything on the bad side ya! :)

Hi ladies,

Despite precautions taken, I still fell sick with flu and mild fever last two days. Am going to see doctor later to get some pregnancy safe medication.

I hope not to take antibiotics, which I took in my 7th-8th weeks previously when I was down with a very bad cough. Am brewing chrysanthemum tea daily for myself to douse out the flu, but just wondering are there any other mild TCM medications I can take?

Thanks!

@J.Lau - but when i went for my detail scan last week, sonographer say my bb weighs 343g, which i feel is small. so i ask the sonographer if this weight is acceptable n she say yes leh..hmm..dun really feel assuring for me though..will ask gynae during nxt visit..dun worry, think bb just not much movement. doesnt mean anything on the bad side ya! :)

I just can't wait to visit my gynae 2nd week of May to see she is alright...

@Seaturtle I was down with flu and fever about 2 weeks ago too. The doc say antibiotics are actually safe for pregnancy but many MTB don't dare to take.

I had sore throat, flu n slight fever during my 1st tri. I didn't see doc cos dun wan to take medication. I told vit C with plenty of water n sleep. Recover in 2 days.

Maybe you can take other medication given by doc first while you take plenty of rest n water. If stil not recover then take antibiotic.

Hi. I'm a ftm and getting a bit confused. Some mothers seem to visit both sonographer and gynae on separate visits. But so far it was always my gynae doing my scanning for me.

Also how often do you go for check ups/scans in 2nd trimester?

@J.Lau I refused to take any medication for flu or morning sickness too but I have no choice until I genna fungus n bacteria infection at my virginal.

But yes with plenty of rest (10pm knock out), water n fruits...flu will recover despite no med

@ miaoz13
2nd trimester onwards is one mth once.

For the sonographer. . Becos mine is done at TMC and my gynae arrangements with them is for all report to go direct to gynae and gynae will go through with me.. but thats not on the very day but my next appointment with gynae.

For Oscar and detailed scan, ur gynae did it for u??

I just can't wait to visit my gynae 2nd week of May to see she is alright...
perhaps during nxt appt, u can ask doc how come u dun feel bb doing karate kick inside u yet? but i guess sometimes it may be their movement are not that noticeable...? dun worry too much..talk to bb more.. :)

Hi, I've finally managed to log in to sg motherhood! Had problems with my password.

I'm a second time mother edd on 19th Aug. Can I request to be added into the fb grp chat? Looking fwd to exchanging info n being support for one another!

@J.Lau @JL72 and @SQ_babyU thanks for your encouragement. Yah I think m scared of antibiotics but no choice must take.

I just saw my GP and got some class B medicine. If I really cannot tahan then will take. Doc said better to be comfy and take rather than subject bb to stress. I noticed bb kicked a lot the first night I had non stop sneezing. Think he complaining about the condition of mum's body lol.

@Seaturtle think bcos u jerk too much tats why.

Most important is to rest. The doc actually gave me 3 days MC to stay at home to sleep as much as possible.
He even suggest that sleep 20 hours a day!

I also felt guilty when I took medication. . But I took it in dosage like 1 or 2 max.. if I dun feel better then I take again.. usually by 2 dosage we will feel better. . Its better to take the medication as we wanna get better so we can care for our bb who is inside us.. don't worry ya.. will be fine

I

went to him after my oscar results didn't turn out well. That was a 12w detailed scan. He spotted 5 soft markers relating to heart and shirt nasal bone.

In any case, I take heart that every scan we had at my gynae shows positive signs and my 20w detailed scan went well too. Will continue healing prayers and trust in The Lord. :)

Thks for yr reply. And why did he say / imply harmony test wld be 'redundant' for u?

Yr 20w detailed scan was at TMC or with Dr Ananda?

Asking as I'm gonna skip oscar (29 this yr) n go to him at week 14 for genetic scan and then week 20 for detailed scan. His nurses says week11-12 can only see skeletonal stuff so go in at week14 instead. How much did u pay for yr scan with him? Thks!

Back