IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Hi mei am feeling ok after todays jab. Took ensure milk fokic acid. Might start chicken essence and some nuts. Just tat am feeling v v hot n thirsty. Dont knw why. Feel like gulping cold glasses of iced coke man.

I think if u take 3 mth unpaid u can only try once.

Cuz u one fresh cycle takes about 1-2mth (depending on ur treatment protocol). In between fresh cycles u will be advised to wait 2-3 mth before trying again. For frozen cycles u can wait one cycle before trying but bear in mind usually after a ivf cycle ur hormones are not stable hence "one" menstrual cycle may take much longer than usual....

Hi mei, thanks for sharing info. Missed out reading your post :)

Baby sparkles, I did iui in jan n failed. N dr tan asked me to rest two cycles. Planning to start in may. But my apr menses haven even come. I am thinking skipping one cycle n take duphaston now to induce it to come early May. Cos I am planning to take 2 weeks in may to do.

Do your think it's possible to work after the ET ? Maybe rest 2-3 days?
Hi Megan, depends on individual. For me, I will develop mild ohss (side effects) to the stimulation drugs. For one week, I will be super bloated, nausea. Bloat until super painful. So I won't be able to return to work.

But it only affects like 20%. So if you feel ok, there are many forum sisters who did go back to work after et. Some even went back to work the very next day.

Megan I did two iui and also failed. Did one in jan las yr and another in mar with one af in between. Then fresh cycle in aug. Cos
My af was super haywire n irregular

For dr thh he usu prescribes me duphaston or nor e which is more powerful for me
Cos of pcos. It works and af comes after 4 days

But this round my af came after 6 days, after finishing 5 days of duphaston.
I also have pcos n dr tan did say there is no doubt I need ivf. My menses also super irregular like can dun have menses for 3 months. So v hard to plan leave for ivf cycle.

Hi Megan, depends on individual. For me, I will develop mild ohss (side effects) to the stimulation drugs. For one week, I will be super bloated, nausea. Bloat until super painful. So I won't be able to return to work.

But it only affects like 20%. So if you feel ok, there are many forum sisters who did go back to work after et. Some even went back to work the very next day.
Maybe I shdnt take 3 months. Shd take like a few days off after et. But again, my body v weak one. Every day here pain there pain.

I still thought I can cramp 3 cycles in 3 months. If failed I will give up totally. Already failed 2 iui cycles. I am only given 3 months max of no pay leave. Unless I resign. Sometimes dun know worth it or not. I already have 1 child. Sigh. Been bothering me if I shd just give up or continuing to pursue this ttc.
Hi Meganl if u really want another child then shd pursue, cuz ivf usually requires a few rounds unless u are v lucky. So u got to be mentally prepared may need to try a few times. But it is ur individual choice ba, since u have lots of things to consider too...

Hi mei am feeling ok after todays jab. Took ensure milk fokic acid. Might start chicken essence and some nuts. Just tat am feeling v v hot n thirsty. Dont knw why. Feel like gulping cold glasses of iced coke man.
Might be weather too... Ha nowadays sometimes it is v hot! Try to control cold drinks though... Not gd for u...

Hi Meganl, dont give up! Like you I have 1 child already, but since then I been through 2 ectopic pregnancies and Im seeing Dr Tan next mth for IVF. Siblings - the best gift you can give your child. Im trying hard to stay positive too. Jia you!

Hi Meganl, dont give up! Like you I have 1 child already, but since then I been through 2 ectopic pregnancies and Im seeing Dr Tan next mth for IVF. Siblings - the best gift you can give your child. Im trying hard to stay positive too. Jia you!
Thanks for your encouragement. Maybe just do it once n for all! :p

Hmm... not sure. Sometimes my spotting can last 2 -3 days before full flow.
I hope it comes on Fri so that I can call them and start on Sat.
But luckily timing is just right. Can finish ER and ET before Dr tan goes on leave :)

Hmm... not sure. Sometimes my spotting can last 2 -3 days before full flow.
I hope it comes on Fri so that I can call them and start on Sat.
But luckily timing is just right. Can finish ER and ET before Dr tan goes on leave :)
When is Dr tan on leave ah?

I didn't know initially but found out from ladies in the IVF thread that he will be on leave from may 19 onwards but not sure until when.

Aiyo... Seems like I'm gg to miss my ER n ET done by Dr Tan in this case. Does that mean the stand in doc will perform the procedures?

Sigh... So many things to worry about... I'm just not gg to think about it and let God decide!

Jia you Kim Chi ger n babygrin. I think most likely ill stim first wk May.
@sarah2012.. Dont worry too much.. Just pray and let God do His work.. Bb will come at the right time.. Like you, I'm oso not gonna think too much and just do what I'm supposed to do.. When bb comes, it'll be the best timing ever.. 加油.. :)

hi ladies...i will be starting my FET cycle. today is my first day of menses and i am going for the natural FET..do i still need to go for D2 scan?and wat is the procedure?any one can advise me?

Santhiya: is this ur first FET cycle? for me at KKH i will call the nurses on CD 2 when it is heavy flow. They will advise you to begin one tab of Aspirin on Day 3. Then Cd 4 start 2 tabs of Progynova... by CD 9 take 3 tabs for 2 days.. then after dat will have first scan. Nurse will advise after that if you should insert cyclogest (bulletl ike prohesterone) or reduce Progynovna.
this is my first FET.Dr Tan said i have to do the natural FET as my ovulation is regular..no medicines needed for now..will be going for a scan on 2nd May..So nervous..I have 3 frozen embryos..hopefully they will survive the thaw..dun wan to go for anymore fresh cycles..

this is my first FET.Dr Tan said i have to do the natural FET as my ovulation is regular..no medicines needed for now..will be going for a scan on 2nd May..So nervous..I have 3 frozen embryos..hopefully they will survive the thaw..dun wan to go for anymore fresh cycles..
All the best @santhiya86..

Hello all sisters.....

I am back again...after a m/c in Oct last year...will be starting my 2nd fresh cycle in June cos Dr Tan would be away..........
I totally forgot what i did the last cycle.....and recommendation on what to eat and replenish body nutrients before and during the cycle?
Do all of you go to TCM with Dr Zou? The wait is horrid....any advise which timing would be best?

Can i check what is the optimal lining measurements and follicle numbers? Im being scheduled to go for scan nxt wed. Why only need to go scan after 7 days of jabs? I thought suppose to go once in few days...

Hi mei I remembered u said u fell sick while stimming? And those med didt affect ur bfp?

I'm halfway on asprin n prog n I'm sick !! I always react badly to hormone med... It's the second time . I'm so worried ... First fresh fell sick when stim jabs

@baby_sparkles u have started your progynova right? Can I know how many mg per day are you given and till how many days?

thanks kimchi ger
saw a GP he told me i have tonsilities :( and i have cough/flu as a result. he said its not cos i take med for FET. have give me loads of medicine.

babydusty: day 4 i take 2 tabs of Progynova. then day 9 onwards 3 tabs.. then day 14 back to 2 tabs. I have also started cyclogest insert. i read in the other thread u have problem with lining?
my scan last Sat day 4 was 10.6mm triple.

yup! what is cyclogest insert. Is it crinone gel insert? my lining is so bad even with medicated. cannot understand.

Nuh practice is different from KKH. We do cyclogest insert which is progesterone in white bullet like shape... We do that twice everyday till pregnancy BT

thank you @baby_sparkles. i still got balance of crinone gel when i did my fresh. im going to be my own doctor and insert it tonight and tomorrow morning. hehehhe really fed up with nuh protocol. scan not enough den increase and do something. so slow! so i will increase my own progynova and insert crinone. wish me luck for wed scan!hehe

Ya.. i oso clinic d.. but some ladies say can request to go TPS.. I'll ask Dr Tan when i see him on Friday..

Jus wondering whether it is possible to get dr tan to review the scans/dosage/when to trigger during stim? Or die die will be the review drs?

Jus wondering whether it is possible to get dr tan to review the scans/dosage/when to trigger during stim? Or die die will be the review drs?
I read you can ask review dr to call Dr Tan to cnfm.. Or if review dr not willing to do it.. You can walk over to clinic d and ask thh also..

if im not wrong the review doc will consult your doc for dosage/further instruction.
anyway i never like the review doc. i dont trust their judgement, thats why they are only review doc.
@babysparkles.. read from the other page that review doctors now just call the shot nvr consult doc unless requested.. duno leh.. now like scary.. seems like the review dr judgement not so good..

@baby_sparkles GOOD news to share! My lining increased to 8mm today. Well i think increase my own mg of progynova works. haha! Doctor was scanning and said 8mm, Im happy! Well, he make my day too!

So I have to still continue progynova and start to insert crinone gel today till ET. Den after ET still continue progynova and crinone till blood test. NOW the worry start about the thaw. My ET will be either coming Mon or Tue, the nurse will call me later. Phew!

Back