Support group - Miscarriages

Hello glacier, u making me hungry with the cupcake profile pic hehe...i m 7weeks 4 days...yes is my first long awaited pregnancy :( Dr suggested to go D&C , wait for natural miscarriage, insert pills....we chose pills...i think i was too devastated to ask him more...i only rem asking him what will b the best option...he said it is up to ind to decide, all have pros n cons

Hello glacier, u making me hungry with the cupcake profile pic hehe...i m 7weeks 4 days...yes is my first long awaited pregnancy :( Dr suggested to go D&C , wait for natural miscarriage, insert pills....we chose pills...i think i was too devastated to ask him more...i only rem asking him what will b the best option...he said it is up to ind to decide, all have pros n cons
Haha.. Had your brekkie yet?

I see.. If you are working, I would suggest doing D&C, becos if it's natural MC, it can happen anytime. I'm not so sure about others, but during my 1st MC when I was in my 9-week, I went through tremendous cramps and it came in intervals like I was going into labour, the pain was really awful. So, if you wanna go thru natural MC, you gotta be prepared. But my 2nd MC was alright, cramp-free but the clot just dropped when I was doing the dishes.

I was told that for D&C, although there are negative points to consider, but it will do a thorough clean to prepare for the next pregnancy. So if compared with natural MC, the latter is safer but there are chances that there are leftover tissues in the uterus, which may affect your next pregnancy... My 2cents worth.

Ahh thanks...actually i inserted the pill yesterday...n had bad cramps 4am...this morning lots of big blood clots...can even see a white-cell like thingy... :( still having cramps now..i m on medical leave now actually.....do u rem how long ur bleeding lasted after the clots? N may i ask how long after u got pregnant again? Did u do a mini confinement or stg like that? Yes i noted quite a lot of sisters went through D&C n have healthy pregnancies after that...

Ahh thanks...actually i inserted the pill yesterday...n had bad cramps 4am...this morning lots of big blood clots...can even see a white-cell like thingy... :( still having cramps now..i m on medical leave now actually.....do u rem how long ur bleeding lasted after the clots? N may i ask how long after u got pregnant again? Did u do a mini confinement or stg like that? Yes i noted quite a lot of sisters went through D&C n have healthy pregnancies after that...
Ya, it's normal to feel crampy... I can't remember clearly how long the bleeding last, but I guess within 1-2 days, it didn't take too long. My first 2 happened when I was staying in Aus, so I didn't really do much confinement due to the constraints of getting herbs and some ingredients, but I did cook some sesame oil dishes and drank DOM. My MCs happened every year, started from 2012.. During my 1st MC, it was already mid year and we were still not ready to try as it was my first MC so we wanna hold back first. Then the following year during my MC, 2 days later it happened, we rushed bk to SG as my FIL admitted to ICU.. So I didn't have the chance to do any confinement.

The 3rd time which happened only recently this year, I did a 1 week confinement. My MIL cooked homemade black chicken essence for me as well, even now she will cook once/twice a week... I'm thankful for her :) Till now I'm still wearing socks and slippers at home. I realised sometimes when I'm not wearing like I just got home, my feet feel cold when they touch the floor... So probably I will wear throughout now... Haha!

It is important to do a mini confinement after any MC, be it D&C or natural... If you do not do it during this period, any tonic you take later would be useless and too late.

It really depends. When I has my natural mcs without inserting any pills the bleeding lasted for abt a week. On the contrary when I did d&c I bled for close to 3 weeks.

Also rem to go for a scan after ur bleeding finish. Not sure if ur dr asked u to go for follow up. Like glacier says need to just be sure that all the tissues are cleared out to prevent any infection which could have an impact in future fertility.

Thanks glacier n hopeful... Noted glacier, i will definitely do my confinement ...actually i have been wearing slippers at home since 'pregnancy'cuz i have cold feet easily... :) n yes i will continue wearing them now...that's nice of ur mil! For me, i think i will have to order online confinement food...
For my miscarriage the doc termed it as blighted ovum...even now at times i will think is there a possibility of a baby? Anyone experienced this too? But i oso know that it is unlikely for misdiagnosis n i shd just move on...
Hopeful, my doc asked me for a follow up 2weeks later...most prob to see any leftover tissues...

Thanks glacier n hopeful... Noted glacier, i will definitely do my confinement ...actually i have been wearing slippers at home since 'pregnancy'cuz i have cold feet easily... :) n yes i will continue wearing them now...that's nice of ur mil! For me, i think i will have to order online confinement food...
For my miscarriage the doc termed it as blighted ovum...even now at times i will think is there a possibility of a baby? Anyone experienced this too? But i oso know that it is unlikely for misdiagnosis n i shd just move on...
Hopeful, my doc asked me for a follow up 2weeks later...most prob to see any leftover tissues...
My first mc was a blighted ovum too. I held on hopes till week 10 and still nothing. The chances of happening again is super low so don't worry okay. It's normally due to chromosomes abnormalities.

Good to go for review. Now u just rest well okay. Do something to distract urself. I picked up baking after that as I was watching masterchef at home that time. Lol. Also I did lotsa jig saw. Take care.

My MIL only cooked the chicken essence for me as she's busy so I ordered confinement food too. My last 2 MCs were also blighted ovum...

Yea, rest well!

That's nice.. :) conceiving wasnt easy for me in the first place...almost going for ivf when miracle baby came... Hopefully can get preg again... This is only the only thought to keep me going now...

That's nice.. :) conceiving wasnt easy for me in the first place...almost going for ivf when miracle baby came... Hopefully can get preg again... This is only the only thought to keep me going now...
U become very fertile after a mc. So now u must take care of urself to prepare for ur upcoming pregnancy :)

Bliswifu,
Sorry hear abt ur loss... Anytime u can log here and chat with us.
I'm also having tough time concieving... First pregnancy took me almost 3 years but miscarriage at 11 weeks... 2 pregnancy took me 1 year plus and ended only at 6 weeks.. But 3th pregnancy only took me less then 6 mth, but again lost at 7 weeks.. I strongly believe in TCM to tiao ur body.. I was having super Han womb.. So that why took me so long to concieve and fail 3 times... Jiayou dear. Once u tiao ur body well, I'm sure u able concieve faster...

Depressed_gal, probably I know why the doc request you to do HSG. I've checked the Web and other than checking if the tubes are blocked, it can also check the uterine shape.

Quote from http://infertility.about.com/od/infertilitytesting/a/hsg.htm :
An HSG may be ordered as part of an infertility work-up. It's also commonly ordered if a woman has experienced two or more miscarriages, since abnormal uterine shape can cause recurrent pregnancy loss.​

In that case does it mean doing hsg can b more assurance? My fren say can check for asherman syndrome too which could result fm dnc.

Haiz! I'm now at TCM... Beside me there a pregnant lady together with her husband... Her tummy so big, causing me so depress... She having full makeup with fake eyelashes and even drink cold water... Haiz! Why life so unfair... During my pregnancy, I dun even dare to put much makeup and dun even say eat or drink liang food.

Haiz! I'm now at TCM... Beside me there a pregnant lady together with her husband... Her tummy so big, causing me so depress... She having full makeup with fake eyelashes and even drink cold water... Haiz! Why life so unfair... During my pregnancy, I dun even dare to put much makeup and dun even say eat or drink liang food.
hugs, actually all the bodies diff. I cannot follow strictly to TCM methods. I will die and wont enjoy my already very worrying pregnancy.

I have craving for milkshakes so I drink a bit. I eat fruits too and yogurt to help with my constipation. coz tcm says no fruits, but like that diet not balance I find not good for the pregnancy also. so everything in moderation.

like gynae says no coffee so I follow strictly. I believe in tcm, but I find it too strenuous. need to have a bit of enjoyment during pregnancy. although I know at the end of the day is worth it. but like already worrying so much abt pregnancy and still can eat the food we want like very cham.

coz tcm says no fried food also. wah is like eating zai loh.

reason for miscarriage likely bcoz your body is "cold" and lack of "heat energy"..
>>make sure ur body is in good condition first..

For me, it's the opposite ley... I don feel depressed but happy and at the same time envious.

Ya, I've seen pregnant ladies with full makeup. One of my colleagues who just gave birth, always drink fruit juice or if not bubble tea... OMG lor... But ya, it's individial body de. Oh, I even saw a few times some pregnant women smoking too!! GOSH!

Sigh got another lady may be facing a mc. I read her post and I'm tearing. Feeling her pain. But I'm praying for a miracle for her. Hope she doesn't has to join this thread.

Why so difficult :(

I am so glad to have the support of u ladies here. If not don't know how to survive.

Dear hopeful I came across ur text I noe u are referring to me..
Thanks alot for praying for me i will be fine real soon. Hugs..

Dear all im diagnosed w blighted ovum for the 2nd time. 1st was 2 3 yrs ago.

Took the cytotec orally tdy to purge all out ..

As I already hv a ds 5 yr old gynae feels that is juz mainly chorosome abnormalities and no need for me to bring dh or me for any testing.. if really wan to test for the recurrent miscarriages also is test me .. but still he feel there's no need.

Maybe I should try again aft 2 or 3 af cycles to see if need to do any further testing.

Will be gg to see tsb tis sat for 1st time to tiao my body as well.

Bel, it's OK u can try again...
Hi dolly yes I will try again .. but I pray there won't be any more recurring if not maybe will mental break down..

The pain of ttc , tww, waiting to see gynae and mc is painful physically n mentally. :(

Really wish everyone can hv a healthy pregnancy

dunno if u all believe..my aunt is a very experienced nanny..we were tokin n she mentioned that those ttc for many years..u all can try to adopt a god kid from ur fren?..den u will get preg very soon..

@haze thanks dear! Yes i planned to go back tcm to tiao my body too...actually have been going tcm tiao for a loong time liao...haha...need to restart from square one now...yes actually i will feel so unfair preg still drink cold drinks happily, now wan to try conceive oso dun dare to drink cold drinks haa...my ex preg colleague will drink coke during her pregnancy, wear heels make up too...still gave birth in the end...really....haish
@hopeful i think that is the way :) once a while indulge ok one! Preg must b happy oso ma! :)
@glacier wahh smoking ...?! Too much loh! Haish...!
@bel hugs hugs...same like me...i just inserted cytotec yest night to make it all out....can b depressing to see the big blood clots n white cells...still experiencing bad cramps...on n off blood clots will flow out like nobody's business...really hard to believe my miracle baby gone like that...
@jesmin i scare i won't b able to treat adopted like my own....esp if i have my own after that

Nvrm lets see wat tsb says this sat when u see her. I aso watsapp her just now just to update her i have discharge n ask when to start her an tai yao..

Its really sad for every loss be it watever reason, when i had my first bfp last year after many cycles of failed ivf, we were so happy but was short happiness. I wasnt really able to let go but like wat i told u earlier its better to happen early for us as parents n bb sake.
The most comforting words i got from dh was he not gg to leave me just bcos of this or we dun have bb in future. Tats y i decided to try again hoping to fulfill our dream

Jesmin, i heard of that too tats y i got 2 godsons now...looking for goddaughter but dun have leh.somehow these 2 boys got good chemistry w me

Jia you dolly! What happened to ur first? Oh jesmin i misunderstd ...i tot u mean adopt a child ...now i read Dolly's reply, i realised u meant god kid

As I already hv a ds 5 yr old gynae feels that is juz mainly chorosome abnormalities and no need for me to bring dh or me for any testing.. if really wan to test for the recurrent miscarriages also is test me .. but still he feel there's no need.

Maybe I should try again aft 2 or 3 af cycles to see if need to do any further testing.

ya I was so sorry, coz I so dont want u to come here. sigh.actually I also feel u dont need to do testing as u have a healthy child.
now just tiao ur body well then start again.

the ladies have been very supportive and I learn a lot from them.

which helps me to walk out of my many miscarriages last year.

Hi dolly yes I will try again .. but I pray there won't be any more recurring if not maybe will mental break down..

The pain of ttc , tww, waiting to see gynae and mc is painful physically n mentally. :(

Really wish everyone can hv a healthy pregnancy
Hugs gal...

It was weak at week 5-6 scan but we still can detect hb via v scan but when we went to check up at wk 7/8 I can't rem, hb no more n beanie aso didn't grow... just like tat... did one more scan n 2 hcg bt before proceed to d&c... the stupid nurse at ot still ask me y I cry is it bcos I nvr take care of my body, I m liked it's just stopped like tat ...wat a comment!! N the nurse was preggy talking to me...
I ignore her n stopped tearing when gynae came in to sedate me..

It was weak at week 5-6 scan but we still can detect hb via v scan but when we went to check up at wk 7/8 I can't rem, hb no more n beanie aso didn't grow... just like tat... did one more scan n 2 hcg bt before proceed to d&c... the stupid nurse at ot still ask me y I cry is it bcos I nvr take care of my body, I m liked it's just stopped like tat ...wat a comment!! N the nurse was preggy talking to me...
that nurse very insensitive. why like that huh? they are professionals. what do u mean by nvr take care. so irritating! argh sorry, dont know is it the tagging hormones or what. but I just dont like prof to say such things. they are not aunites aunties. like we go party and drink and what right. aiyo!

Wah! Which clinic/hospital is that???

http://www.ashermans.org/home/
U can refer to this link.

Actually I feel u all v strong and tough. For me, I TTC very long and never expect to conceive naturally but never expect to last so short. Now i actually feel scare and worried that i cant be lucky anymore.

To be honest, after my first MC, I got phobia oso... But then, we can't give up trying unless we decided not to have any kids. I'm sure we wouldn't want to get a surrogate mum to do for us bah, personally I won't want. So... We must jiayou and not give up!

that nurse very insensitive. why like that huh? they are professionals. what do u mean by nvr take care. so irritating! argh sorry, dont know is it the tagging hormones or what. but I just dont like prof to say such things. they are not aunites aunties. like we go party and drink and what right. aiyo!
Ya... I think if i meet one like that, I will not hesitate to shoot her back! :mad:

@haze thanks dear! Yes i planned to go back tcm to tiao my body too...actually have been going tcm tiao for a loong time liao...haha...need to restart from square one now...yes actually i will feel so unfair preg still drink cold drinks happily, now wan to try conceive oso dun dare to drink cold drinks haa...my ex preg colleague will drink coke during her pregnancy, wear heels make up too...still gave birth in the end...really....haish
@hopeful i think that is the way :) once a while indulge ok one! Preg must b happy oso ma! :)
@glacier wahh smoking ...?! Too much loh! Haish...!
@bel hugs hugs...same like me...i just inserted cytotec yest night to make it all out....can b depressing to see the big blood clots n white cells...still experiencing bad cramps...on n off blood clots will flow out like nobody's business...really hard to believe my miracle baby gone like that...
@jesmin i scare i won't b able to treat adopted like my own....esp if i have my own after that

Hugs to u wish u able to rest well.. hv more bedrest. I noe what u mean abt depressed .. cry n let out all emotions is better den coping it up.
My frd text me mentioned she rather i see her n cry all out when i told her i cancelled a meeting w my another group of frds for dnr tml as they are planning to celebrate my bd coz i donwan see any frds nw worrying i will break down for whatever reason.

I had 3x diarrhoea now tummy still cramping on n off .. only see red when I go toilet . But rather all come out den hanging Inside me. I'm also on antibiotics did ur gynae prescribe u that ? Wonder if tml i can get out of the house to ica collect my ds passport or not.

Nvrm lets see wat tsb says this sat when u see her. I aso watsapp her just now just to update her i have discharge n ask when to start her an tai yao..

Its really sad for every loss be it watever reason, when i had my first bfp last year after many cycles of failed ivf, we were so happy but was short happiness. I wasnt really able to let go but like wat i told u earlier its better to happen early for us as parents n bb sake.
The most comforting words i got from dh was he not gg to leave me just bcos of this or we dun have bb in future. Tats y i decided to try again hoping to fulfill our dream

Yes hopefully she can heal me with her skills .. she's v nice to even hv wa with you. . .
Gynae also told me if is not meant to be i shd nt even tk jabs n pills to sustain it as Western countries also doesn't cultivate tt habit of sustain it if is not a gd one from start which is for my case .. coz juz hv an empty sac from the beginning to the end. .

Keep telling me what will b will b.
Tho i pray n ask God for miracle my sis also ask me to pray for peace n joy in me.. i guess is the timing juz not right.

Ur dh is v supporting and good at expressing himself .. im glad for u tat rainbow bb has come now pls rest well .. dr ask u to bed rest aft discharge?

ya I was so sorry, coz I so dont want u to come here. sigh.actually I also feel u dont need to do testing as u have a healthy child.
now just tiao ur body well then start again.

the ladies have been very supportive and I learn a lot from them.

which helps me to walk out of my many miscarriages last year.

:) thanks my dear is really a blessing to hv know you all from here n tww thread.. without u all I will be much weaker in emotions ..

Esp I can't shared with my one bff of my situation as we had a tiff mths back when she also mc (maybe due to fibroid) me and another one stood by her but she feel we can't feel wad she gg thru coz we both hv a ds already and she forgot I have 1 dnc and 1 mc thru out my life in between of my ds. :( how sad right my bff of 20 yrs .

I come in to this thread hope to learn from u all and support one another tho I initially might not be ready to spk out ..

Hugs gal...

Thanks ger.. :)

At parkway east hospital... the rest of the nurses at ot were nice especially those went in to assist dr on the ivf trsf... all wish me good luck...

Poor thing to hv met to such insensitive nurse ..

My gynae assured me is nth abt wad we do or eat or say tt might cause any problems to the pregnancies .

Forgive her for her insensitive ...

Poor thing to hv met to such insensitive nurse ..

My gynae assured me is nth abt wad we do or eat or say tt might cause any problems to the pregnancies .

Forgive her for her insensitive ...
But I feel should really tell them off ley... Imagine if someone who is really emotionally unstable, and after hearing the nurses said those insensitive words to her and she can't take it?? Sorry, but I cannot tolerate rude people... Especially in such cases, the more I can't. If telling them off is not a good idea, then at least inform the doc or write in officially.

But I feel should really tell them off ley... Imagine if someone who is really emotionally unstable, and after hearing the nurses said those insensitive words to her and she can't take it?? Sorry, but I cannot tolerate rude people... Especially in such cases, the more I can't. If telling them off is not a good idea, then at least inform the doc or write in officially.
but I tink at that moment too sad to react. I probably let out a bigger cry. I dont know. if im in a foul mood I think I will be extremely rude! lol im not so kind loh.

Seriously those ppl are nuts or what! Brainless..!!
Ppl going thru such a depression stage and that nurse dare to say such crazy comment.
Honestly speaking, when I'm at the table waiting for D&C... Any crazy comment I wouldn't have feeling to react to it as well... Too sad to even talk much... During my first D&C, I was like in zombie stage... Force myself to walk and move whatever they instructed me...

Seriously those ppl are nuts or what! Brainless..!!
Ppl going thru such a depression stage and that nurse dare to say such crazy comment.
Honestly speaking, when I'm at the table waiting for D&C... Any crazy comment I wouldn't have feeling to react to it as well... Too sad to even talk much... During my first D&C, I was like in zombie stage... Force myself to walk and move whatever they instructed me...
yeah agree. I just follow. mind is blank. and just feel sad they are going to take a piece of me away. and baby going to be angel. like there is no soul.

Glacier / hopeful /haze, at that moment I was in daze to scold the nurse back. Ytd in the ward, I was feeling so warm tat I dun know did my roomate change the aircon temp or there were too many xtra ppl in the room (her 2 family member stayed besides her bed till 11pm plus until nurse asked them leave )or I was generating too much heat, I couldn't slp. I feel like complaining, in the end I tell myself ok live in harmony just one more night I will b discharge. Dun create trouble or make myself angry..
Haiz then she dun know use wat medicated oil until the whole room smell, Usually I m OK but perhaps now more sensitive makes me giddy.. early morning shower n spray herself w heavy perfume..
Angry thing was she is bleeding n stain the toilet bowl n dun bother wash up abit.. my goodness

Glacier / hopeful /haze, at that moment I was in daze to scold the nurse back. Ytd in the ward, I was feeling so warm tat I dun know did my roomate change the aircon temp or there were too many xtra ppl in the room (her 2 family member stayed besides her bed till 11pm plus until nurse asked them leave )or I was generating too much heat, I couldn't slp. I feel like complaining, in the end I tell myself ok live in harmony just one more night I will b discharge. Dun create trouble or make myself angry..
Haiz then she dun know use wat medicated oil until the whole room smell, Usually I m OK but perhaps now more sensitive makes me giddy.. early morning shower n spray herself w heavy perfume..
Angry thing was she is bleeding n stain the toilet bowl n dun bother wash up abit.. my goodness
Wah Lao. We are all adults leh.thank god u are discharged already.

@dolly what a stupid idiotic nurse!! Sooo mean n insensitive!
@bel doc didnt give me antibiotics...just the pills to insert vaginally... Given 4 pills in total...was told to insert every 12hours..but this morn lots blood clots ,i duno if i m supposed to continue the inserts,couldn't get the dr office too...ended up 6pm managed to call in n they said need to continue n complete the course...when i inserted the second one just now ,abut yucky can feel the menses thingy...I still have cramps here n there... Up to now i m still thinking if going D&C is better than pills?
Actually i m like u, i wun wan to cry in front of my frens too...maybe end day after crying out i feel they wun understd as well? Now i oso dun dare to cry in front of my hubby...i know that if i cry he will b sadder...he is quite affected by this, he nearly fainted but luckily never when doc said bad news....i didnt cry in dr's office too...but till now, find it a cruel joke...after trying so long finally miracle now it's gone...if u really going to collect ur passport, maybe must wear long sleeves n long pants...as though confinement like that, dont b cold....
@rrmama hugs...

OMG! Sigh... Rude and inconsiderate ppl!!

Dolly girl,
Why u need to admitted? During my first MC, my gynea also let me admitted in for a night, quite regretted.. As I thought able to claim thru my medishield.. Even call the my agent and he cfm able to claim back... End up couldn't lor... Have to pay cash for the A class... Pout! The rests of D&C I only rest at the recovery ward and discharge few hrs later..

Dolly girl,
Why u need to admitted? During my first MC, my gynea also let me admitted in for a night, quite regretted.. As I thought able to claim thru my medishield.. Even call the my agent and he cfm able to claim back... End up couldn't lor... Have to pay cash for the A class... Pout! The rests of D&C I only rest at the recovery ward and discharge few hrs later..
Haze, u referring to my these few days stay in hospital? Cos I suppose to have twin pregnancy but the smaller beanie didn't make it n I started bleeding last sat morning. Gynae scared infection inside or contraction /cramps tat may affect my the other beanie, so he prefers I stay in so tat nurse can closely monitor me.. haiz the moment I discharge today n back home, I start to have more spotting guess bcos I was walking more than when I m in ward. Today scan still see 2 sacs, the smaller sac hasn't fully flow out yet... just worry me tat it will cause infection only..

Back