(2014/05) May 2014

dear mummies and daddies,
I need your help ...
Do you have any recommended reliable and trusty stay-in confinement nanny?
I'm panic in sourcing this for couples of months already that most of good one are fully booked and also I learnt that employ thru agencies mostly not able to have good one indeed its goes by luck ...
Kindly PM me ... Appreciated with million thanks ...
[email protected]

How does the Lansinoh works??
It's really like fever patch, u put in fridge then paste it on your nipples to sooth it. Best to use together with nipple cream. Got other brands available out there also.

Attachments

• 1398049807310.jpg
    1398049807310.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 91
I had to leave behind my bb when I discharged cos he had jaundice. I hope he can go home today.. Very heart pain to leave him there.
Huggies babe. Hope your lo can go home today too. Last time my #1 had jaundice too so I understand your heart pain.... hang in there!!!

I had to leave behind my bb when I discharged cos he had jaundice. I hope he can go home today.. Very heart pain to leave him there.

i understand how you feel coz 2 of my kids also had jaundice at birth. We rented the phototherapy bed for #1 and did UV for her. But you know, to be honest, I'd rather she was in hospital receiving the treatment coz' it's very nerve wrecking as we have to constantly watch for her. So when didi had the same issue (He was discharged and had to go back in again), we decided to let him receive treatment in hospital. Just that it's tiring for mommy because she has to express and bring it to hospital for baby. And you have to be prepared for baby to have some FM to supplement.

When you think in the big picture that it's for the good of the baby, then you'll feel better. Jaundice is really common. To keep baby's jaundice low, just try to put baby in sunlight and also cut down on ginger in your diet.

My #1 school now got quite a number of chickenpox cases which is very worrying for me because I'm worried she might infect her didi. She likes to be around him so much that it's so hard to separate them. Plus didi is still so young so he's at high risk. *sigh*

Praying really hard.

Just finished checkup and got the jab to strengthen bb lungs. Baby estimated weight at 36.5 weeks is 2.7kg. Likely to be 2.8ish at delivery which is about the same as my 2nd child.

Scan today was waster of time. Can make out head or tail what was on the screen......

Just finished checkup and got the jab to strengthen bb lungs. Baby estimated weight at 36.5 weeks is 2.7kg. Likely to be 2.8ish at delivery which is about the same as my 2nd child.

Scan today was waster of time. Can make out head or tail what was on the screen......
Y need the jab?cant change date of delivery?

i understand how you feel coz 2 of my kids also had jaundice at birth. We rented the phototherapy bed for #1 and did UV for her. But you know, to be honest, I'd rather she was in hospital receiving the treatment coz' it's very nerve wrecking as we have to constantly watch for her. So when didi had the same issue (He was discharged and had to go back in again), we decided to let him receive treatment in hospital. Just that it's tiring for mommy because she has to express and bring it to hospital for baby. And you have to be prepared for baby to have some FM to supplement.

When you think in the big picture that it's for the good of the baby, then you'll feel better. Jaundice is really common. To keep baby's jaundice low, just try to put baby in sunlight and also cut down on ginger in your diet.

My #1 school now got quite a number of chickenpox cases which is very worrying for me because I'm worried she might infect her didi. She likes to be around him so much that it's so hard to separate them. Plus didi is still so young so he's at high risk. *sigh*

Praying really hard.

Yikes. I've been hearing recently of chicken pox in a few pre-schools. My niece cc first started with chicken pox and now conjunctivitis. Super jia lat. The little girl can't even go to school.

He prefer I choose earlier date starting from 25th- 5th due to this being 3rd Cesar. Scared go into labour before the date n end up emergency etc.

The jab just precautionary as delivering before 38th week... Gynae say 1 in 100 babies lung haven't fully matured n required to stay in hospital extra couple days which will cost extra 1 k per day. So jab only $21 to "make sure".

Actually my first 2 I never took the jab so was also a bit hesitant but just went ahead. Didn't hurt though in the end.

Realised my delivery date is ur last scheduled checkup date before delivery too..

He prefer I choose earlier date starting from 25th- 5th due to this being 3rd Cesar. Scared go into labour before the date n end up emergency etc.

The jab just precautionary as delivering before 38th week... Gynae say 1 in 100 babies lung haven't fully matured n required to stay in hospital extra couple days which will cost extra 1 k per day. So jab only $21 to "make sure".

Actually my first 2 I never took the jab so was also a bit hesitant but just went ahead. Didn't hurt though in the end.

Realised my delivery date is ur last scheduled checkup date before delivery too..
Lucky jab is cheap also. Since its jus to b safe..also gd.

Haha yupz

I decided not to scan anymore. The last scan at wk 35 doc gave me a ultrasound picture of the baby's spine...

Nothing to see already.. My last u/s was just printout of heartbeat only. Realised the abdominal circumference my gynae measured also not correct, he measured smaller area cos couldn't get a clear scan area. Then he also printed me a scan of the genital area which I can't see anything but black pitch

Snoweymum, yeah I think I shoulda anticipated! But think Ang in he general tend to do his scans very very quick hence always anyhow print give us.

Hi hope everyone is doing fine... I'm sure there will be many new babies soon!

I'm still in pain with the carpal tunnel syndrome on my wrist, on top of that, having piles that is so uncomfortable and to make it worse, my gynae said my stomach separated from the pregnancy and it may or may not heal on its own.. So I'm still trying to accept all these post delivery.

Advise to buy maternity pads to bring to hospital. They don't change u often, so better to bring ur own to change, more hygienic n also the pad they provide is the loop ones n very narrow, easily leaked. Personally, I think Maternity pads are better than the normal ones as it's softer, more gentle to the wounds.

If u r keen in bf, gd to bring pump. I hand pump my milk on the 2nd night... Quite tiring...

I'm still in pain with the carpal tunnel syndrome on my wrist, on top of that, having piles that is so uncomfortable and to make it worse, my gynae said my stomach separated from the pregnancy and it may or may not heal on its own.. So I'm still trying to accept all these post delivery.

Advise to buy maternity pads to bring to hospital. They don't change u often, so better to bring ur own to change, more hygienic n also the pad they provide is the loop ones n very narrow, easily leaked. Personally, I think Maternity pads are better than the normal ones as it's softer, more gentle to the wounds.

If u r keen in bf, gd to bring pump. I hand pump my milk on the 2nd night... Quite tiring...
Lilacz, thanks for sharing! I have been thinking of what to pack.

Your tummy seperated? Is that why you were feeling vey uncomfortable?

Oh yah... For breast pump... The hospital don't provide for loan?

Hey lilacz, thanks for sharing. I hope you would recover soon, your wrist and your post delivery pain. I have bad memories, which hospital you delivered at? If bring own pump the nurses would wash & sterilise for us?

Lilacz, thanks for sharing! I have been thinking of what to pack.

Your tummy seperated? Is that why you were feeling vey uncomfortable?

Oh yah... For breast pump... The hospital don't provide for loan?

Tummy separation is not painful, But I have a big tummy pooch like 5mths pregnant now... V sad looking into the mirror.

I dunno if they do loan, I didn't ask cuz i tot not a lot so no need pump but i hand pumped until v tired for just 5ml of colostrum...

Hey lilacz, thanks for sharing. I hope you would recover soon, your wrist and your post delivery pain. I have bad memories, which hospital you delivered at? If bring own pump the nurses would wash & sterilise for us?

U had wrist pain before? How long postpartum for it to recover? I can't really hold my baby.. Kinda sad too.

Stomach separated from pregnancy? Gosh, must be painful. I can't even visualize it. Hope and pray that it heals on its own.

I bought the maternity pads from Mothercare this time. Last time I silly silly go and buy the Kotex loop type. So difficult to use!

Mummies who need to do csec: please don't forget to pack in your abdominal binder. You'll need it to aid in walking and wound healing.

I've packed some stuff liao, pending new set of going home clothes for the lil one + my toiletries + medical documents. Don't think I'll bring my pump along.

Tummy separation is not painful, But I have a big tummy pooch like 5mths pregnant now... V sad looking into the mirror.

I dunno if they do loan, I didn't ask cuz i tot not a lot so no need pump but i hand pumped until v tired for just 5ml of colostrum...

U had wrist pain before? How long postpartum for it to recover? I can't really hold my baby.. Kinda sad too.
I don't have carpal tunnel before, but had my wrist sprained and it wouldn't heal for a few months so I could imagine your pain. Is there any medication you could take to help you cope with the pain?

Thanks for sharing lilacz... hope all will be well for you soon!!!

Don't think any hospital nurses will wash and sterilise your pump for you...

my gynae said my stomach separated from the pregnancy and it may or may not heal on its own.. So I'm still trying to accept all these post delivery.

Errrrm, what does stomach separated mean??

My hospital nurses quite on the ball with changing pads.

My gynae also nvr print any ultrasound pix le.
My boy is alrdy heavier than jiejie birth weight nw:eek:
3.85kg @37+ wks.
Ctg shows no contractions signs yet.
Ask doc again on the nose bleed he say is due to pregnancy.
So far he stil confident in natural birth for me.
Whoah.. My last scan my bb seems to have 'shrunken' to normal size already, at 35wks she's estimated 2.6kg. Abit disappointed lol.. Thought I'd see a 3kg bb at my last checkup

My gynae also nvr print any ultrasound pix le.
My boy is alrdy heavier than jiejie birth weight nw:eek:
3.85kg @37+ wks.
Ctg shows no contractions signs yet.
Ask doc again on the nose bleed he say is due to pregnancy.
So far he stil confident in natural birth for me.
Dr Cheng still printing mainly my no 2 face cos each time she cooperates by looking at us :)

So I'm still collecting

Finally got some time to log in after apps keep hang last night.

Went for me checkup last sat & everything turned out well.

Glucose cleared! Reading at 4.4!

Baby head down already! But guess I continue to do the exercise :) to play safe!

At 34 weeks, she is weighing 2.3kg.

Seem like my baby is the lightest :( but she has dua tao :(((

Whoah.. My last scan my bb seems to have 'shrunken' to normal size already, at 35wks she's estimated 2.6kg. Abit disappointed lol.. Thought I'd see a 3kg bb at my last checkup
Last few wks mayb grow faster...

My baby stil nt engaged yet.. hope nxt wk he b ready.dun wan him too big.i wil headache sia.cos i dun wan tak epi.bt if too big i think i wil end up taking

Last few wks mayb grow faster...
My baby stil nt engaged yet.. hope nxt wk he b ready.dun wan him too big.i wil headache sia.cos i dun wan tak epi.bt if too big i think i wil end up taking

My amniotic fluid drop to 5.1 so gynea says tonight
go in after midnight to induce:(
Have some contractions started n dilating 1cm
But Actually i was hoping for baby to take in side
a little longer

Tmr 38weeks +1day.
Dont know how come got so many times of things to worry about
Strep b then placenta then aminotic fluid.
Will pray hard everything's ok
U all also jiayou and hope everyone has a smooth delivery!:)
U will be alright! Smooth delivery

Hw cm stomach will separate frm pregnancy? Vry chim sia
So far i cant find maternity pads that has wings...think the pink color brand for maternity was kotex? No wing i dun feel secure sia

Tmr 38weeks +1day.
Dont know how come got so many times of things to worry about
Strep b then placenta then aminotic fluid.
Will pray hard everything's ok
U all also jiayou and hope everyone has a smooth delivery!:)
Jiayou too! Smooth and safe delivery to you too!

Jus reALise on my baby card that nurse wrote the word "trace" for urine test part jus nw.think i mus control my sugar tis wk hp nxt final test wun hav.too much cakes n ice cream

Hw cm stomach will separate frm pregnancy? Vry chim sia
So far i cant find maternity pads that has wings...think the pink color brand for maternity was kotex? No wing i dun feel secure sia
I didn't get the maternity pads. I just those super long ones with wings for night use.

I bought the Earth Mama Angel Baby nipple butter. First time using only, so don't know how good. Previously I got a type of oil came in a spray bottle which was free gift with the ameda pump, can't remember what brand but I used it minimally.

Finally got some time to log in after apps keep hang last night.

Went for me checkup last sat & everything turned out well.

Glucose cleared! Reading at 4.4!

Baby head down already! But guess I continue to do the exercise :) to play safe!

At 34 weeks, she is weighing 2.3kg.

Seem like my baby is the lightest :( but she has dua tao :(((
Jia you baby turned after all! Dun worry about sizing... Especially if you are planning natural delivery.
My boy was estimated 1.9-2 at 33.5 weeks and now at 36.5 weeks is 2.7 but I not worried... Think my placenta just not as hard working but so far all my kid never touched 3kg.

Rainbowstarz: I think your boy will top the may 2014 baby's in terms of weight! Did you put on much yourself? I think ur placenta pass on nutrient very well coz I myself put on 15-17 each pregnancy but baby always take less then 3kg.

High chance your boy may be a 4kg er
I wonder i will tear badly anot if he goin to be huge.nw telling him mus cm out 28-30apr cant wait til May le

1st pregnancy gained abt 12-13kg.
Tis pregnancy as of tdy gained 10kg.most gain by my baby.
Last time wen deliver my gal,forgt gynae or hospic nurse did comment i hav big placenta.also contribut to the weight

Back