(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Good for you babybear that you found your CL!
Baby fair - if you buy Medela pump, you can buy the Dr Brown steriliser at $50 which is a very good deal. I intend to try Dr Brown bottles this time because my friend said it is really good and her baby doesn't have colic or gas problem. I'm more wary of buying wipes / detergents because those things are very heavy, and I always ordered my Pampers wet wipes from Amazon which is free shipping and deliver to doorstep. I am very lazy de, my #1 diapers also used to buy on Gmarket or Taka baby fair and all delivers to my door.

Just did my Harmony today. So 2 weeks later I will know gender! Can't wait!!!

I saw the delivery room at TMC before, indeed it looks like a normal single bedder room but bigger and with equipment. Operation theatre is not an attractive place haha, with white walls white ceiling bright lights and a slaughter table! During my c-sec, I just concentrate on staring at the green cloth in front of my face covering my view.

Good for you babybear that you found your CL!
Baby fair - if you buy Medela pump, you can buy the Dr Brown steriliser at $50 which is a very good deal. I intend to try Dr Brown bottles this time because my friend said it is really good and her baby doesn't have colic or gas problem. I'm more wary of buying wipes / detergents because those things are very heavy, and I always ordered my Pampers wet wipes from Amazon which is free shipping and deliver to doorstep. I am very lazy de, my #1 diapers also used to buy on Gmarket or Taka baby fair and all delivers to my door.

Just did my Harmony today. So 2 weeks later I will know gender! Can't wait!!!

I saw the delivery room at TMC before, indeed it looks like a normal single bedder room but bigger and with equipment. Operation theatre is not an attractive place haha, with white walls white ceiling bright lights and a slaughter table! During my c-sec, I just concentrate on staring at the green cloth in front of my face covering my view.

I am planning to buy Medela pump, and the $50 Dr Brown steriliser is good deal. but is it good? I only know the more common brand like pigeon and avent.
i also heard my friend buy those consumable items and they are delivered to doorstep. let me go check it out!

oic, i was under the impression delivery room is an operation theatre. :p

Hi Mummies,

Anybody experience that sometimes can't sleep at night or easily fall asleep during afternoon? Midnight I have to go toilet few times.. Then can't sleep again.

I can sleep anytime cos too tired after taking care of my 18mths gal, I can control my bladder pretty well, sometimes in the midnight quite urgent while preparing milk in the room but too lazy to walk to bathroom (kitchen) so just bear till morning then go.

Any of you have discharge?
Previous 2 preg don't have. Very uncomfortable down there, looks like cheese but no smell no itch. Ask Dr. he say no issue.
Sometimes after urine, I check the toilet bowl, can find the chucky discharge in it and water is cloudy. Put panty liner also quite uncomfortable cos too much discharge at a time.

Agaga, I did Harmony because my Oscar results wasn't ideal. Plus my age at 40, we are more kiasi about knowing for sure if baby is healthy.
I also experience more discharge on some days and yes urine is cloudy. You need to drink a lot of water and also don't control your bladder, because this is a risk to UTI. If you never experienced UTI before, trust me you don't want it. I get it annually because of my bad habits (don't drink water, always hold urine). On days that I drink a lot of water, the urine will be clear and not yellow cloudy.

Babybear, I don't know if Dr Brown sterilizer is good, but I will be buying those slim compact type which i think Brown has. Last time i used the Avent big one which can steam 6 bottles, take up space on my kitchen counter, very zhor deng.

Agaga, I did Harmony because my Oscar results wasn't ideal. Plus my age at 40, we are more kiasi about knowing for sure if baby is healthy.
I also experience more discharge on some days and yes urine is cloudy. You need to drink a lot of water and also don't control your bladder, because this is a risk to UTI. If you never experienced UTI before, trust me you don't want it. I get it annually because of my bad habits (don't drink water, always hold urine). On days that I drink a lot of water, the urine will be clear and not yellow cloudy.

Babybear, I don't know if Dr Brown sterilizer is good, but I will be buying those slim compact type which i think Brown has. Last time i used the Avent big one which can steam 6 bottles, take up space on my kitchen counter, very zhor deng.

Hi my#2, may I know what's harmony?

I also experience some discharge so have to wear panty liners. As advised by my#2, we must drink a lot of water during the day. At night after 12am or even midnight I will wake up & drink a few sip.. Can't drink too much or else I will need to run toilet few times. Can't sleep well..

angel_loi
me! I have been having sleepless nights as well. trouble falling in bed everynight without fail. the frequent trips to loo making it worst. don't worry, you are not alone. *hugs* try drinking warm milk b4 bed. it works last night for me!
I bought those milk powder for preg woman. so just make a cup of warm milk to drink b4 bed. not only it might helps you with sleeping, it also gives you more calcium and vits!

my#2
got it! i'll go check out the different brands of steriliser the fair has then decide! now I am doing up my shopping list! haha

Hi mummies,

Anybody going to baby fair on tomorrow? Is it too early to buy? What's the things u all going to buy?

Is this cheaper a lot?
ImageUploadedByForum1397748872.080181.jpg

Heard that it's too crowded, nothing special or discount, q too long. Decided not to go.
Especially these few days nausea came back... sian plus mood swing also..

Did any ladies here started to 'bu' ?

Thought of going to eu yan sang to 'tiao li' or 'an tai'
But not sure if there is this need or not?

Any advise on this chinese medical thingy?

@agaga

My nausea and ms is back too.. weird and sian...

I thought of having some bu.. but heard that its not necessary now until confinement.. and chinese medicine not all kind can eat during preg wor..

Yea.. thought the ms will go away by now. Suddenly puking got worse. Tired. What is bu?

Anyway yes baby fair nth much. Long queue for car park then at least another 30-45 min queue to enter the hall. In the end didn't go too.

Hi to all mummies and daddies ...I'm new to here that seeking all your help.
Do you have any recommended reliable and trusty stay-in confinement nanny?
I'm panic in sourcing this for couples of months already that most of good one are fully booked and also I learnt that employ thru agencies mostly not able to have good one indeed its goes by luck ...
Kindly PM me ... Appreciated with million thanks ...
[email protected]

Never go to baby fair this round.. Waiting for next baby fair & there's still have time. :)
I went to the baby fair but nothing much to buy... mayb cos baby still too small.. hehe.. june there is another babyfair by another organiser~

i have been to the baby fair. was there on Friday around 10am. when we entered the hall, everyone was rushing and we were like (-_-").
I went straight to medela counter to buy pump and I was the 5th customer. queued for 1 hr before I can get my merchandise! i almost fainted 2x during this 1 hr. cashier was simply too slow and there are too many people. decided to fall out after that. did not managed to see other things that day.

i went back on sunday. the crowd was better. managed to buy some other stuff i want and shop around. deals indeed wasn't fantastic. not worth the queue, time, petrol and time there. its so dangerous on Friday i feel. there are so many MTB and babies in the fair and people are just pushing around.

i also haven't start to take tonic. maybe in a few week's time. i heard don't take too much bu during pregnancy but take more after delivery. any mummies know what to eat during pregnancy?

i went to see gynae on sat and my baby's gender is reviewed!!! Its a BOY!! :D
anyone knows their baby's gender too?

Babybear, I was there with a friend too in the morning on Friday but because of the crowd we couldn't concentrate so we left after signing up with Studio Memories and I bought a pre-natal massage voucher.

Congrats you know your baby's gender! May I know how many weeks you are at now to be able to see it's a boy?

Hi all pretty happy mommas.. I hope I'm not too late to be joining this thread..
I'm expecting my #1, with EDD 27Oct, have done my 1st Oscar test.
I'm in the midst of choosing a Confinement Nanny.
Would like to ask for some necessary qns of what i should ask the nannies, before deciding who to use..
^.~

Yea.. thought the ms will go away by now. Suddenly puking got worse. Tired. What is bu?

Anyway yes baby fair nth much. Long queue for car park then at least another 30-45 min queue to enter the hall. In the end didn't go too.

How are u already?? My nausea and ms getting worse now.. sob..

Bu is taking tonic for better health for our body...

@verine22

I have gd and bad days.. on gd days probably puke 2-3 times.. bad days can puke 10 times or more. Very tiring both physically and mentally. Have been liddis for 8 weeks alr. Am 14 weeks now.. praying tt this will go away as 2nd trimester progresses. How abt u? Can't wait to find out baby's gender tho. My gynae says can try to see during week 15 scan. So looking forward to tt amidst the massive daily gag sessions.

Babybear, I was there with a friend too in the morning on Friday but because of the crowd we couldn't concentrate so we left after signing up with Studio Memories and I bought a pre-natal massage voucher.

Congrats you know your baby's gender! May I know how many weeks you are at now to be able to see it's a boy?

i also signed up with Studio Memories! HAHA.... because of the great deal they offer! i signed up on Sunday de. i couldn't do any walking on Friday at all. you already shortlist them before signing up? any reason? perhaps we are taking the shoot almost together!

i am now at 16w. from what i heard, you will be able to see the gender earlier if its a boy, and later if its a girl. how many weeks you are at?

Hi all pretty happy mommas.. I hope I'm not too late to be joining this thread.. .
I'm expecting my #1, with EDD 27Oct, have done my 1st Oscar test.
I'm in the midst of choosing a Confinement Nanny.
Would like to ask for some necessary qns of what i should ask the nannies, before deciding who to use..
^.~

Hi Jene, congrats!
normally you should ask:
1. Price
2. Whether staying overnight (not applicable for overseas CL)
3. Cooking for dad too?
4. Cleaning of kitchen?
5. Cleaning of living room?

that's basically what i have summarised from my friends. haha. initially i was at a loss too of what to ask. i just ask her what is included in her package. then i think the lady will blah blah for you. then you see whether you are comfortable talking to her over the phone. 1 of the CL i called very nice. although she is already booked, she still give some advice to me.

good luck in sourcing for 1!

babybear, so coincidental! My friend did a shoot with them recently, i see the photos not bad. Plus the maternity+newborn package is cheap. Did you know if you print a book ($480 for a large book to include prints from both maternity & newborn shoot), you get back all photos in 2 CDs from both shoots for free. If you just buy the CD without the prints, it's $200 per CD. Just in case you were not informed, because the guy Kenny told my friend about it. Tip: can bargain with them for extra pages de, but don't quote my name ok! Haha! I intend to do at Wk 33 or 34, I'm week 13 now. I remember my #1 boy I could see his sex during Oscar, but this time Oscar see nothing... quite disappointing leh... we (hubby, me and #1) all hoping for another boy. One more week and I should get my result from Harmony then I'll know.

my#2, ya its cheap loh. that's y I signed up. actually I went online to see a few studio, and they are really expensive. I am not planning to spend a lot on photos this time la. so just take some pics as momento loh. they did not tell me abt the $480, but I was told abt the $200/CD. I spent a lot of money on wedding albums liao la, and now collecting dust. so wont want to buy so many pics. but I don't mind to buy the CD @ $200 if the shoots are nice! :p i'm glad I made the right choice!

you still want a boy? how come? now I am missing out the part where I can braid my girl's hair and lotsa accessories for her since my #1 is boy. hahaha

babybear, I had my first maternity shoot with Studio Loft, so now want to try a different studio and format, plus Studio Memories is much cheaper. My wedding album i think grow mould liao, many years never take out and wipe dust haha! I bought a photo album intending to print pictures of my #1 during babyhood to file in the album...but now 4 years is almost gone and I haven't started a single page! Give up!

Yeah, I prefer to have the same gender as I feel another boy will be a better play companion for my #1. I'm hopeless with dolling up girls... I'm not very feminine myself haha!

Hi oct mummies to be!
I m expecting my 2nd child, edd 1 nov but may deliver early like my 1st child as my water level is very low then. Gynae say it may happen again. My 1st gal s a oct dragon bb.

Can add me to the fb group? My email add s [email protected]

Hi Jene, congrats!
normally you should ask:
1. Price
2. Whether staying overnight (not applicable for overseas CL)
3. Cooking for dad too?
4. Cleaning of kitchen?
5. Cleaning of living room?

that's basically what i have summarised from my friends. haha. initially i was at a loss too of what to ask. i just ask her what is included in her package. then i think the lady will blah blah for you. then you see whether you are comfortable talking to her over the phone. 1 of the CL i called very nice. although she is already booked, she still give some advice to me.

good luck in sourcing for 1!
Heyhey babybear33..
Thnx for the heads up! I've at least got the idea what I'll need to be looking for..
Cheers..

hi all MTBs!!

anyone knows when does the baby bump start showing? i am at week 13 now. and i think i feel my stomach getting harder but not sure is it the bump or is it my existing tummy fats haha. im a 1st time mum and really anticipating about the changes im going through.

same to the other mummys above, i am burping very very often and i really hate it man. sometimes farting too. but i cannot control... =(

Hi all, my first child edd is 14 Oct.

currently still thinking whether to get confinement lady. still researching on ting kat, part time cleaner or confinement lady.
i heard that you have to pay a fee of around $2600, marketing of $150- 200 per week and angbao (how much?). do they also cook for my in laws and hubby too? and do housework chores? i do not have much space in the house for her to sleep, but could probably squeeze in a mattress in a corner of my room.. wonder if its okay..

Admin, can you also help to add me in FB? My email address is [email protected]

thank you.

Heyhey babybear33..
Thnx for the heads up! I've at least got the idea what I'll need to be looking for..
Cheers..

i have 1 CL whom i contacted. ask her the basic questions too. i ask will you be able to help sweep and mop the floor?
she answered me at most she will magic clean go through and asking her to mop will be expecting too much of her and she keep repeating to ask me to go and hire a part time maid.
i get what she mean so i switch to other topics, ask her what can she cook and she say depending whether baby got jauntis then she cook this, if don have jauntis she cook that. I was like, what the ???

She keep repeating the jauntis and also ask me to hire maid. that pisses me off so i did not choose her.
whether i wanna hire the part time maid is up to me, she has no right to keep asking me to do so to make her life easier.

How i manage to go through this was bcos i called one CL recommended on forum, she is booked so she recommend her friend to me but well, she doesnt work for me.

happymom2510

from the net, I think baby bump should starts showing after 16w. I am now in 16w, but tummy doesn't grow much, rather I feel fatter. doesn't look pregnant at all. but my friends and gynae assure me that so long our baby is growing at the right rate, there's nothing to worry abt our physical appearance. instead, we should be happy coz we wont have stretch mark if our tummy is smaller! :p

W.R.T. CL. If I am "interviewing" the CL, I would want to see if they will help in those "value added" services. of coz I would not expect them to help to clean my whole house la. but attitude is very important. I would not want to engage a CL who only come my house and watch tv other than taking care of my baby. the lady I engaged, she asked if I have a maid at home. when I said no, she said she don't mind helping to vacuum my living room, but she did mentioned its out of goodwill. for this I greatly appreciate her gesture. perhaps you may want to call a few more before deciding.

ah_mei_08

as for whether to engage a CL, I would strongly suggest you to get. you will need plenty of rest after delivery and how are you going to rest and take care of baby at the same time without help? not to mention people cooking confinement meals for you. however, if you do have help from inlaws or parents, perhaps you may revisit this idea. I also have friends whom their confinement was done by their parents/inlaws, that they regret. they would rather spend the money to engage a CL.

so it all depends on your preference. I am a first time mom, so above is just my personal opinion. hope it helps.

I started to show around wk 12 cos I'm so bloated and constipated, no big business for 5-6days. I was like 5-6 months preggy already!!

I'm currently into wk 18, still constipated without too much of bloating and I still look like I'm 5-6mths.

My 1st and 2nd pregnancy I only started to show around wk 25.

Last edited:
How do heartburn feels like??

i always feel aching or tension feeling in between my breast but nearing to my left breast.. i feel it more often when im sleeping..

Is this heartburn??

I'm showing too. Am now 14 weeks + 4 days. But I suppose mine is due to bloating.

@verine22
I think yours sounds more like the usual sore / tender breast? Heartburn is like a burning sensation in your chest and sometimes throat due to acid reflux.

@natalietotally
Oh ic.. i ask my gynae.. he never explain much and only say its normal..
Hmm... i think i dun have heartburn yet.. even if i have i think im not noticing it.. u all have heartburn as early as wk15 alr??

Mmmm... I think it varies. I had heartburn as early as 5 weeks.. and been on and off till now. It's good tt you don't have it! Very uncomfortable especially coupled with ms. So its a good thing. =)

dear mummies, you are already showing ah? I am now into my 17weeks, my first pregnancy. I do have a slight bump in my stomach but I somehow feel not baby bump. its like i'm getting fatter only. haha...

Back