IVF/ICSI Muslimah Support Group

LadyHawkEye, to avoid side effects of Met, just make sure you take it everytime you have yr meals k. I had all those meds when I first started the fertitlity treatment. So its quite normal. Good luck sis!..

hayleyscott... omg. I think I have the same thing as what you've shown here. I've been keeping it for months. My granny gave it to me when she came back from Umrah. Tapi she never inform me exactly how to consume. End up terbiar je mcm tu. lol. Can I just confirm below is the same product with d same benefits?

Attachments

• 1397571420227.jpg
    1397571420227.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 96
Salam ladies :)

Congrats to aryn037! Grabbing yr baby dust!! May you have a smooth pregnancy ahead sis.

jannah jann, wow! Alhamdulillah you've cleared from PCOS. Perhaps it was just a mild PCOS. Try consider Clomid treatment 1st bef you go for IVF or IUI. Since you got no PCOS, your success rate will be higher. Jiayou!

deardyan, how's the scans? U still on 150iu Gonal F? During my stim period, I started at 112.5 then dropped to 37.5 Gonal F with additional Pergoveries. Good luck sis! May your follicles nicely grow and produce good good embbies! Ameen..

mnadz01, Thanks sis. I'm good but at times headaches strikes.. maybe due to Mercilon pills. I am on Day4 menses. Waiting patiently for Day14 for Decapeptyl jab @ NUH. ET most probably in May end.

kita tgh sama pace but now im at 2nd day for progynova. counting down 13 days more for scan. hehe

Wah I have never seen the serbuk kurma before. I'll be gg to malaysia this weekend, nanti I look see if ada tak. Anyway, kalau pat SG, ard how much is it and what would i tell the shopkeeper? Serbuk kurma? Or any specific brand/name for it?

I went to see Dr S yesterday and she seemed unable to pinpoint any reasons on my failed cycle this time round seeing that the same protocol was administered to me in the last cycle and I got pregnant on it. She said my option is to go for another cycle, without changing protocol. Have booked myself for the june cycle cos we wanted to do it fast before we get busy after raya to shift house and everything. And now im feeling the anxiety all over again...my mind is thinking if i should go for it so fast, should i try natural for a few months, should i change hospital, should i eat this and that....oh noo...may Allah ease all our worries.

Salam ladies :)

deardyan, how's the scans? U still on 150iu Gonal F? During my stim period, I started at 112.5 then dropped to 37.5 Gonal F with additional Pergoveries. Good luck sis! May your follicles nicely grow and produce good good embbies! Ameen..

Amin. Insha Allah sis.
My last scan was yesterday.
- 8 follicles on the right ovary (Size range from 6 – 8mm)
- 6 follicles on the left ovary (Size range from 7 – 8mm but i have one at 14mm)

Right I'm now on 225iu. Tomorrow i have another scan. Hopefully the follicles are growing nicely in there. :)

Salaam semua..i've been taking metformin 500mg twice daily and today is my 3rd day..but i've been having diarrhea since taking this and feeling full..Anyone ever overcome this symptoms?Thks..

kita tgh sama pace but now im at 2nd day for progynova. counting down 13 days more for scan. hehe
Good Luck @babydusty !!

cahyasuci, yes yes sama tu! apa lagi, try okay.
mana tau berkat nenek you pergi sana then conceive ke.. :)

@hayleyscott ,One teaspoon dates powder and one teaspoon madu eh? Then mix together dgn air panas?

Amin. Insha Allah sis.
My last scan was yesterday.
- 8 follicles on the right ovary (Size range from 6 – 8mm)
- 6 follicles on the left ovary (Size range from 7 – 8mm but i have one at 14mm)

Right I'm now on 225iu. Tomorrow i have another scan. Hopefully the follicles are growing nicely in there. :)

@deardyan ,Wah.. thats fast and high dosage compared to mine! Anyway wish u all the best sis! Prayer for u .. insyaAllah :)

Salaam semua..i've been taking metformin 500mg twice daily and today is my 3rd day..but i've been having diarrhea since taking this and feeling full..Anyone ever overcome this symptoms?Thks..

@LadyHawkEye , u still have diarrhea? You should call the nurse and inform the side effects and maybe they will lower the dosage for u. Take care sis.

Last edited:
I went to see Dr S yesterday and she seemed unable to pinpoint any reasons on my failed cycle this time round seeing that the same protocol was administered to me in the last cycle and I got pregnant on it. She said my option is to go for another cycle, without changing protocol. Have booked myself for the june cycle cos we wanted to do it fast before we get busy after raya to shift house and everything. And now im feeling the anxiety all over again...my mind is thinking if i should go for it so fast, should i try natural for a few months, should i change hospital, should i eat this and that....oh noo...may Allah ease all our worries.

@mnadz01 , Why don't u get a second opinion sis? As for the food wise, I think we just have to stay on healthy food and drinks. Kadang so many ppl suggest eating this and that, but the results still fail... sebab yang menentukan tetap Allah. So I guess we just consume whatever convenient for us and our body. Almonds, milk, kurma, madu, habbatussauda, pomegranate, olive oil etc... all these are pemakanan Sunnah Rasulullah. Try have it one or two of them constantly.. Insya Allah you'll see the difference.

Take care sis! ;)

thank you sis @cahyasuci

My follicles actually reacted to Gonal-F 150ui. Tapi growth lambat, even though doc naikkan the dosage to 225ui.
So they put me back on 150ui but with Pergoveris. Baru the follicles start growing.

I just abis appointment tadi pagi. Here's my numbers.

Right Ovary: 9 Follicles
Size: 19.5, 17.5, 16.5, 15, 14 & 11.5mm

Left Ovary: 4 Follicles
Size: 25, 21.5, 19 & 16mm

I dah on Day 11 of stimulation. Doing my trigger shot malam ni.
My oocyte retrieval is this wednesday.
My transfer is scheduled for Saturday.

My E2 Level is 6293 and my lining is 13mm as of today.

thank you sis @cahyasuci

My follicles actually reacted to Gonal-F 150ui. Tapi growth lambat, even though doc naikkan the dosage to 225ui.
So they put me back on 150ui but with Pergoveris. Baru the follicles start growing.

I just abis appointment tadi pagi. Here's my numbers.

Right Ovary: 9 Follicles
Size: 19.5, 17.5, 16.5, 15, 14 & 11.5mm

Left Ovary: 4 Follicles
Size: 25, 21.5, 19 & 16mm

I dah on Day 11 of stimulation. Doing my trigger shot malam ni.
My oocyte retrieval is this wednesday.
My transfer is scheduled for Saturday.

My E2 Level is 6293 and my lining is 13mm as of today.

all looking great babe! i doakan semua berjalan lancar for ur ER!

All the best @deardyan. May you have a smooth sailing ER and have sufficient rest later on.

@cahyasuci thank you sis for you doa. Alhamdulilah I have amalkan the honey drink every night upon the advise of tcm cos she noticed my lips were cracked (maybe becos i was heaty) and yes I did notice the difference as I seldom fall sick now. As for the second opinion, I am already on my second opinion when i recently changed to Dr S. I find that her consults are factual and she is also interested to order tests for me to find out problems when i met her after my 2 miscarriages. In my last consultation, she mentioned that KKH only introduced the short protocol back in 2012 when i was doing it and then refined the protocol further late last year/earlier this year and assured me that the short protocol is as effective (and less stressful) than the long one. So I just gotta have faith in that, insya'allah.

Anyway, ladies who are interested to get the pollen dates, I just got it over the weekend at al-barakah (joo chiat complex). It's $12/bottle. I put half a teaspoon of the powder mixed with one teaspoon of honey, otherwise it will be quite pekat. Selamat mencuba semua =))

Salam all..

I hv been missing...Hv again cancel my FET cos I fallen badly sick with bad flu...Really dunno y..I take supplements daily..Exercise..Eat home cooked food..Still can get it..So decided to cancel it just before my 1st scan...I take it as this a dugaan and HE has decided that it is not a right time for me yet...So I shall wait n c...Now still recovering...Cough and migraine are lingering..

deardyan...Wish u all the best.....;-)

hmm pollen dates..heard abt this but didn't noe can get it here...That's good to hear..;-)

How r the rest of the sistas here?

Oh yes wishing all sistas who has bfp ..Congrats...Have a smooth pregnancy ahead ya..;-)

Im soryy to hear that @bubbli26. I rmbr reading your hardships on going through fertility treatments and I just want to say I admire your courage and strength to go through all of it, cycle after cycle. Hope you feel better soon :)

mnadz...thank u dear...Just hope this time round will be better...I admire all sistas courage here in fact..All of us has different stories to tell and share...nvr easy for some of us...But setiap dugaan ada hikmahnya...:)..I am looking forward to recover and restart this engine..Nak finish this journey...1 last fight...hehehe

U take care too and best of luck..;-)

Hi @bubbli26

Sorry to hear ur situation. Insya'Allah ada hikmah nya..like u said, maybe not the right time. I'm due for my next IUI, hopefully successful this time round.

Hi all other sisters

Been quiet while waiting for my 2nd round of IUI. Today 1st apptmt to collect my meds for injection. Was told I won't be taking puregon anymore and doc prescribed diff this time. Any other sisters going thru IUI?
This pollen dates sounds good and something that I can take. Thanks for sharing!

Salam Kinetic...

its k Sis...Part of parcel of life..Must be strong to look forward at the positive side..;-) Thanks dear

Ah good...Wish all the best dear...Hmm u might be taking gonal f is it?

Salam to All,

I have returned from a 3 year hiatus. I was active on this forum but I left it shortly after failing my 1st IVF try.
I was very emotional as I was pinning all hopes that it would work. Sadly, it didn't and Allah knows best.
My husband and I took a break from TTC, travelled and then tried naturally for a year or so.
Problem is on me, I have PCOS, no ovulation and blocked tubes (1 partial, 1 full). So we kinda know that we would not conceive naturally but we prayed for miracles.

So anyway, 3 years later, I am a more wiser me.. Currently undergoing IVF for the 2nd time with Prof PC Wong at NUH. I am hopeful still but this time I am more prepared for the failure and praying for the best. Just started the injections yesterday - dosage is 112.5. The system is a bit different from how it was. There was no Nor E so I was lost at the start.

I was trying to skim through all the recent exchanges and I am not able to recall names but I would like to wish all my sisters the best in whatever you are going through - successful IVFs, smooth pregnancies, healthy babies. Its definitely not easy but hang on!

Salam everyone! I happened to saw this thread as I'm browsing along and couldn't resist entering to read through.

I am a mother of a 2 year old son and was previously an IVF patient. We have been TTCing for 4 years before we decide to take the next leap and try IUI and then IVF. We conceived our DS on our first IVF cycle in NUH under Dr S. Chew.

I'm currently TTC #2 but it hasn't been that easy. Just went for an appt wth my gynae last Saturday, and he informed me that I'm back to square one - I'm not ovulating. My eggs are sleeping and need a jump start. I was told that if I had tried to conceive within the first year after my delivery, I would prolly fell pregnant easily cos my period was super regular until it became haywired after I returned back to office last year (took no pay leave for a year after birth).

So now here I am, most probably we will be doing IUI this time round for #2 instead of IVF.

Just wanting to say that to all ladies here who are TTC, do not give up hope. Allah hears all our dua, even if it's in our heart, He will fulfill it if not now, later. In Sha Allah. *hugs*

Salam Kinetic...

its k Sis...Part of parcel of life..Must be strong to look forward at the positive side..;-) Thanks dear

Ah good...Wish all the best dear...Hmm u might be taking gonal f is it?

Hi @bubbli26 Thanks.. Bracing myself up to the regular visits to hospitals early in the morning. hehe..

I cant remember the name of the medicine.. but i think it is Menopur or something like that.. Quite troublesome compared to Puregon.

I need to break the glass ampoule and suck it in with the syringe mix it with another thing in a small bottle.. then change the syringe to inject myself.

Hopefully our efforts are paid off.. one way or another.
Have to admit this forum provides a sanctuary to me as we are all going through similar journeys physically/mentally/emotionally, which others may not understand.

@andreanie @shakey All the best to you ladies!!

@shakey nice that you get to travel and make special memories with ur husband. insya'Allah, new memories with little ones soon. :)

Salam everyone.
So glad to see some posts from this thread!

I'm done with egg retrieval yesterday. They managed to retrieve 6 eggs.
The embryologist called this morning.
3 of the embryos are matured however only 2 are fertilised.

So i'm pinning hope one these two fighters.
I hope they continue to grow tomorrow. WIll only know the quality of these eggs tomorrow.

Salam everyone.
So glad to see some posts from this thread!

I'm done with egg retrieval yesterday. They managed to retrieve 6 eggs.
The embryologist called this morning.
3 of the embryos are matured however only 2 are fertilised.

So i'm pinning hope one these two fighters.
I hope they continue to grow tomorrow. WIll only know the quality of these eggs tomorrow.

All the best to you dear! When i was doing my IVF in 2011, i only have 13 embies, 7 matured ones, out of the 7 only 5 fertilized but only 2 was really really good and those 2 are the ones that are inserted during ET. The balance of my 3 embies didnt make it through the next 24 hours hence there was nothing to be frozen.
But Alhamdulilah, one of the 2 embies did got itself implanted and is now very active at home running around lol! So have faith, In Sha Allah, I hope you get a Big Fat Positive with this cycle! :)

All the best to you dear! When i was doing my IVF in 2011, i only have 13 embies, 7 matured ones, out of the 7 only 5 fertilized but only 2 was really really good and those 2 are the ones that are inserted during ET. The balance of my 3 embies didnt make it through the next 24 hours hence there was nothing to be frozen.
But Alhamdulilah, one of the 2 embies did got itself implanted and is now very active at home running around lol! So have faith, In Sha Allah, I hope you get a Big Fat Positive with this cycle! :)

Thank you sis! That's very comforting to know! :)

@andreanie All the best to you too!! I am now in 4th year TTC so you are giving me hope..

@kin-etic Thank you! Insha Allah! I have been making up memories in my head already. LOL! Whenever I can't sleep, I'll 'day(or night) dream' about how it will be like.. Its kind of sad but its comforting actually and makes me fall asleep each time.

@deardyan Stay in faith ok.. and most importantly relax. Even if you feel you are healthy enuff to walk-walk around, don't do it. I did just that during my previous cycle. I felt soo healthy that I walked around the house - i made drinks, cooked and all that.. I couldn't bear to see my husband and mom doing all the work while I lie on the bed. Felt soo guilty and tak biasa gitu. This time, i have been put on strict bed rest and they kept on reminding me about that. LOL!

So, take this time to really relax, destress. Insha Allah, your prayers will be answered. Good luck!!

@shakey In Sha Allah, please never to give up hope ya. Good things comes to those who wait and is patient. :)

@kin-etic Thanks! Wishing you the best too! :)

@deardyan Don't forget to really have sufficient bed rest during the 2WW. And standby those brazil nuts and eat them once a day. :)

Thank you @shakey and @andreanie

I actually work for myself and i work from home. I'm in the wedding industry and next thursday ada Wedding Expo and i'm still undecided if i should join or forego that.

1. That's one of the last few expo sebelum puasa.
2. I can control timing and work lesser hours
3. I'm seated most of the time

However, i also think it'll cause unnecessary stress. What do you guys think?
As much as i want to be at the expo, i also don't want to take chances.

I actually work for myself and i work from home. I'm in the wedding industry and next thursday ada Wedding Expo and i'm still undecided if i should join or forego that.

Hmm.. its up to u but i won't risk the chances since the 2WW is a very critical period for us. I remembered staying in bed most times of that 2WW, in and out of the room, sit on the couch, lay on the bed, im very much the couch potato those 2 weeks. I actually take orders for wedding cakes and birthday cakes but stopped taking orders as soon as I started Gonal-F cos don't want to tire myself out and cause unnecessary stress and staying up late (i stay up late till 4am most weekends especially when i have wedding cupcakes/cakes to bake and need to get to wedding venue by 9am the next morning, Monday starts working again, so its kind of non-stop hits!!)
I only sneak out like 2 days before the 2WW blood test cos too bored already lol! All i know is during that 2WW, u have to take things slow, not even have any stress, lie down most of the time, don't even think of work and just enjoy the comfort of your home (and the tv!). :)

Shakey nice to hear from you...hmm ur nick is different is it last time..can't recall..But gd to hear u have brace urself up for another cycle...Think of the positive side...Wish u all the best dear...

Salam andreanie...Wish u all the best too..Thanks for sharing with us..;-)

Insya-allah Kinetic..We will have our bundle of joy soon...Ah menopur...Heard its troublesome and sting when injected...But it may werk...Best of luck dear..

Deardyan...we need only 1 to strike...Insya-allah the 2 of them will be strong embbies...Hepi 2ww dear..Exciting day coming up meeting with ur embbies...I still remember those days when I saw it on the screen of the embryos...Amazing and nice...hehehe

I think that would be still early stages of your 2WW. I think its best that you forego. Even though you are seated most of the time and working lesser hours, we cannot control the fact that we can get stressed out.
Not good for the embies.. And I think seating too long is not that good oso.. Do you have someone who can cover for you at Expo?

@bubbli26 Hi Bubbli! I remember you, yes! My nick was the same. I checked my previous posts. Thanks dear!

salam sisters,

I've decided not to go ahead with the expo! :)

The embryologist called. My two embryos were of satisfactory grade.
1 is a 4-cell the other one is 3 cell but im keeping myself positive that they will survive in there :)

Besok my ET.. so excited to finally be reunited with my embies!

salam sisters,

1 is a 4-cell the other one is 3 cell but im keeping myself positive that they will survive in there :)

in sya allah, twins on the way! hehe

sape did ur ER eh? and ET? Dr Chew?

salam sisters,

Insha Allah!! May everything goes smoothly and a healthy baby is granted for you. Amin! You are doing at NUH right?

Tomorrow is my Day 5 Scan. Can't wait to hear how the follicles are growing. I do feel some bloatedness but still manageable. I can't remember but I think I used to be more bloated and it was on a 75iu.
Should I be worried? My hormones are raging like hell though. Have had some personal problems the past couple of days and I was soo stressed out that I felt like screaming one time, cry the other time or run and hide. Hubby has been supportive though so that helps.. Counting down to my last day at work before i go on my loooooong break. *breathe* o_O

Insha Allah!! May everything goes smoothly and a healthy baby is granted for you. Amin! You are doing at NUH right?

Tomorrow is my Day 5 Scan. Can't wait to hear how the follicles are growing. I do feel some bloatedness but still manageable. I can't remember but I think I used to be more bloated and it was on a 75iu.
Should I be worried? My hormones are raging like hell though. Have had some personal problems the past couple of days and I was soo stressed out that I felt like screaming one time, cry the other time or run and hide. Hubby has been supportive though so that helps.. Counting down to my last day at work before i go on my loooooong break. *breathe* o_O

Yes sis im doing with NUH. How about you?

I was really hormonal during my jabs as well. Ada satu kali ni, takde angin, i nangis dalam cab. Hahaha i pun tak tau apa sebab i nangis.

My other half pun have been really supportive so far. Although i know sometimes the things i do, pun naikkan darah dia jugak. Lol

@bubbli26 yea its troublesome and yes more painful than puregon. Sempat shed a few tears Sebab tahan sakit. Hehe.

@deardyan all the best to you! So exciting to hear positive news. I think its a good idea u decided to skip expo,cos expo u can always book again Insya'Allah but for a BFP opportunity not easy for us. :)

Btw ladies I been reading abt this kurma powder so I went to joo chiat. I think the shop was closed so I tried 2 shops down also selling herbal stuffs. I think its a newer shop and I showed de pic that one of the sis shared here. Then the "abang" said "Oh! Ini untuk kesuburan kandungan, maaf tak jual.. " *face-palm moment!!*.. Needless to say it was a total paiseh moment... But good to know that it has reputation for "kesuburan" hehe.. So I shall try to go to the other shop soon!

Ok have a good weekend ladies!

@bubbli26 yea its troublesome and yes more painful than puregon. Sempat shed a few tears Sebab tahan sakit. Hehe.

@deardyan all the best to you! So exciting to hear positive news. I think its a good idea u decided to skip expo,cos expo u can always book again Insya'Allah but for a BFP opportunity not easy for us. :)

Btw ladies I been reading abt this kurma powder so I went to joo chiat. I think the shop was closed so I tried 2 shops down also selling herbal stuffs. I think its a newer shop and I showed de pic that one of the sis shared here. Then the "abang" said "Oh! Ini untuk kesuburan kandungan, maaf tak jual.. " *face-palm moment!!*.. Needless to say it was a total paiseh moment... But good to know that it has reputation for "kesuburan" hehe.. So I shall try to go to the other shop soon!

Ok have a good weekend ladies!

Hahahaahahahhahaha that was really funny!! But yes when i google pun they say it's good for fertility and high in estrogen.. Anyway nak tanya, yg serbuk kurma tu, u think i can eat during my 2WW? Or not advisable to? I tak tau if its good to have high estrogen during 2ww.

Hahahaahahahhahaha that was really funny!! But yes when i google pun they say it's good for fertility and high in estrogen.. Anyway nak tanya, yg serbuk kurma tu, u think i can eat during my 2WW? Or not advisable to? I tak tau if its good to have high estrogen during 2ww.

nope cannot babe, during 2ww u must eat more progestrone stuff such as brazil nuts, durians, avocados.

actually tu idea yg baik! ok take care on the ET today.

Thanks babe!
I dah bis my ET now waiting to go home je...
Remember i had satisfactory grade eggs?
A 4-cell and a 3-cell?
Amazingly, they grew to 8-cell and a 6-cell overnight! Alhamdulillah :)

So we transferred both this morning. Its the start of my 2ww!

My ET tadi pagi kelakar seh. Susah nak tahan my bladder. I made so much noise in the OT. I didnt even find the ET painful. Tahan kencing lagi sakit! Hahahah

Once they told me i'm done i terus jerit "i need to peeeeeeeee" hahahahaha
Kesian dorang.

Back