(2014) ivf mummies support group

Wanna check. For the down syndrome blood test. Is it a quick one? Test already can go off?

Only scanning then see doc right? Cos my bloodtest is next tues. Scanning is end may...

Oh man I think I will have to waste money to go shopping to buy new skincare product. Think shiseido like cannot based on my Google search. As for makeup remover and etc think I got to get from laneige as website mentioned their product are friendly for preggy lady.
I need to stay pretty pretty everyday with my makeup haha. But I don't use lipstick. Only laneige snow bb cream, eyeliner, eyebrown and mascara.

Wanna check. For the down syndrome blood test. Is it a quick one? Test already can go off?

Only scanning then see doc right? Cos my bloodtest is next tues. Scanning is end may...
Yup should be take and go. Iwantahealthybaby can advise you on this haha.

Last sat w my bleeding saga, gynae said I can choose any hospital including kkh but he will not have control if go there. Since he knows my condition better I aso dun want go out of his range hospital..

The blood test takes less than 5 mins to draw the blood. . But waiting time to take the test can be long. At TCM I waited 1.5 hrs for the test to be administered

Yes very fast take and go 5th a less lol but waiting time can be long. Lucky for me only me taking BT that day so wait register n BT takes around less than 15mins

My gf had ivf twins and saw a pte gynae but when she was having contractions at 28 weeks she and hubby decided to check into kkh a&e.
She downgraded to c class ward with no air con and therefore her nicu costs are quite 'friendly' . But she stayed in non aircon ward for 1 month.
KKH still has the most facilities and experience with pre mature babies

Yes that's why I thought I better stick with KKH since twins pre mature is high chance. Hopefully my twins are good and cooperative :)

Melling, I haven done mine but I heard cos it is first trimester screening, they will be scanning a little longer cos need to measure baby head and neck thickness to ascertain risk for down syndrome. U got a bit more time to see beanie during this scan.

But u won't be seeing your gynae. Just the scan and supposedly the doc/scanner person can give you the results on that day. It is usually in terms of a ratio eg 1 in 2700 chance. Anything lesser than 1 in 300 is considered high risk and they may advise more tests.

Not that it is confirmed. Just that it is higher risk. Many mommies found out that their beanies are healthy after that.

Oh man I think I will have to waste money to go shopping to buy new skincare product. Think shiseido like cannot based on my Google search. As for makeup remover and etc think I got to get from laneige as website mentioned their product are friendly for preggy lady.
I need to stay pretty pretty everyday with my makeup haha. But I don't use lipstick. Only laneige snow bb cream, eyeliner, eyebrown and mascara.

Always an excuse to shopping hehe. I am going shopping tomorrow after work. Hope to get some loots.

Oops. Really must research ah? Fainted. I use clarins for skincare. Anyone knows if it is ok. For make up, I use a variety leh. Shiseido blusher, shu umera primer, Chanel foundation liquid and powder, clinique lipstick, loreal eye liner, eye shadow (urban decay, bobbi brown etc). If must research then faint man

Melling, I haven done mine but I heard cos it is first trimester screening, they will be scanning a little longer cos need to measure baby head and neck thickness to ascertain risk for down syndrome. U got a bit more time to see beanie during this scan.

But u won't be seeing your gynae. Just the scan and supposedly the doc/scanner person can give you the results on that day. It is usually in terms of a ratio eg 1 in 2700 chance. Anything lesser than 1 in 300 is considered high risk and they may advise more tests.

Not that it is confirmed. Just that it is higher risk. Many mommies found out that their beanies are healthy after that.

Noted thanks... Scanning is next month end~~~

Yes very fast take and go 5th a less lol but waiting time can be long. Lucky for me only me taking BT that day so wait register n BT takes around less than 15mins

So lucky! Cos i was told to go at 11.30am but i dunno how long it will takes... Needs to get colleague to take over my job while i not around...

Will the scanning and review takes a long while? My appointment is 11.30am...

Circle Better Google. I am shocked by the product I am using cannot be used for preggy example shiseido white lucent. I will just use shower gel to wash my face now . For the safety of beanie.
Buddy, seeing beanies soon. Hehe.. I am waiting to see mine this Fri. You are at which tmc clinic, dr adrain?

Will the scanning and review takes a long while? My appointment is 11.30am...
I haven't done mine so don't know also. Got to wait for iwantahealthybaby scan. She is possibly the first.

But this is kkh so don't think it would be super fast. Even for my first appt at TPS with dr tan, I was there from 140pm to 430pm. Buffer about 1-2 hrs for it I guess.

Meilingg you be doing bt and scan together or separate dates? BT alone is fast cause no need see doc but scan I think will take some time. Probably advisable to give a 3-4 hrs waiting over there. Waiting time for scan then scan itself will take some time after that still review by the doc who did your scan. It also all depends whether that day itself isit long que. I only did bt so cannot advise on the Scan duration too.

Circle Better Google. I am shocked by the product I am using cannot be used for preggy example shiseido white lucent. I will just use shower gel to wash my face now . For the safety of beanie.
Buddy, seeing beanies soon. Hehe.. I am waiting to see mine this Fri. You are at which tmc clinic, dr adrain?
For whitening products, I stopped for half a year already. Some say ttc shouldn't using whitening products. I just keep to moisturising, anti sebum and anti aging.

So the 2 ingredients are aha and retinol ah?

Meilingg you be doing bt and scan together or separate dates? BT alone is fast cause no need see doc but scan I think will take some time. Probably advisable to give a 3-4 hrs waiting over there. Waiting time for scan then scan itself will take some time after that still review by the doc who did your scan. It also all depends whether that day itself isit long que. I only did bt so cannot advise on the Scan duration too.
Ooooo still got doc review... i thought as they scan, they will talk. Hahaha! Then yea yea.. Poss 3-4 hrs.

I rem the counsellor telling me. Blood test day - they give time sheet. Scan day - they give mc.

So better buffer more! Kkh each station need to wait 45mins to 1hr before u get the service.

circle, Seriously i don't know whether the doc will scan and talk at same time or scan finish then review lol scare they cannot concentrate if scan and talk at same time cause we might ask qns. Wait till i go for my scan in two weeks time. I update. But yes in kkh every station need to wait.

LynnCandy your list is scary seems a lot cannot use. I'm using ph5.5 pimple gel almost daily don't know got problem a not. Shit.

My bt and scanning different dates...
Nevermind... See next tue bt will take how long. Heard i still have to go counselling before the bt... Excuse chit will be given to us...

Baby Centre is Like a world Web to all the mummies. So I think what they advice are quite good.
But I think I will check counter by Counter with all the brands I am using at those departmental store like tangs.

circle, Seriously i don't know whether the doc will scan and talk at same time or scan finish then review lol scare they cannot concentrate if scan and talk at same time cause we might ask qns. Wait till i go for my scan in two weeks time. I update. But yes in kkh every station need to wait.

LynnCandy your list is scary seems a lot cannot use. I'm using ph5.5 pimple gel almost daily don't know got problem a not. Shit.

I made an appointment at TMC and the wait for scanning was not too long for detailed scan .. waited 20 to 30 min for my turn at scanning.
The sonargrapher said max scan time usually 50 min... If baby not cooperative, She will ask mummy to take a walk and come back in 10 min to give baby a chance to move in the womb. TMC has a scan machine and they project the images to a lcd tv facing mummy so she can also see. If you want can request for them to put the scan images in a usb drive (usb drive plus this service cost 60 sgd). They will print a few for you to keep and print a full set for your gynae to review with you.

I made an appointment at TMC and the wait for scanning was not too long for detailed scan .. waited 20 to 30 min for my turn at scanning.
The sonargrapher said max scan time usually 50 min... If baby not cooperative, She will ask mummy to take a walk and come back in 10 min to give baby a chance to move in the womb. TMC has a scan machine and they project the images to a lcd tv facing mummy so she can also see. If you want can request for them to put the scan images in a usb drive (usb drive plus this service cost 60 sgd). They will print a few for you to keep and print a full set for your gynae to review with you.
Is yours at the novena Centre?

I'm a very happy girl today...I pray for remaining weeks to be as smooth as today. Today is the very 1st time I feel so smiley during the scan. The 1st feel of excitement being a mum. Tdy scan started ordinary..doc put some gel on tummy and start scanning. When we saw 1st bb doc is saying the bb is sleeping (I'm still thinking everytime I scan bb is sleeping so no diff) then the next sec bb started jumping around and even did a 360 degree turn. Cannot believe bb Has started movement. And while I see bb turning and jumping around on screen I cannot feel anything on tummy. After that doc turn on them mic and I able to hear the hb for the 1st time. But no tell me rate. Doc say this bb 1 is very active. Then when comes to the 2nd bb who is smaller compare to bb 1, I told doc oh so now bb 2 is sleeping since not moving and before doc can reply bb 2 also started jumping but not as active as bb 1. It didn turn 360 degree haha just jump around. Then doc say bb can hear us. Haha when we say they sleeping they prove to us they ain't sleeping. It's amazing the feel. Too bad dh cannot see this moment as I went alone. Nevertheless I am happy beanies are cooperating well with me. Didn give me much discomfort and growing well at same time. Thank god for blessing and looking after them. But both edd push back to a day too.

Iwantahealthybaby, Hehe smaller beanie is not shy anymore today. wow private scan really so much Better right. Kkh the screen so confusing.

I'm a very happy girl today...I pray for remaining weeks to be as smooth as today. Today is the very 1st time I feel so smiley during the scan. The 1st feel of excitement being a mum. Tdy scan started ordinary..doc put some gel on tummy and start scanning. When we saw 1st bb doc is saying the bb is sleeping (I'm still thinking everytime I scan bb is sleeping so no diff) then the next sec bb started jumping around and even did a 360 degree turn. Cannot believe bb Has started movement. And while I see bb turning and jumping around on screen I cannot feel anything on tummy. After that doc turn on them mic and I able to hear the hb for the 1st time. But no tell me rate. Doc say this bb 1 is very active. Then when comes to the 2nd bb who is smaller compare to bb 1, I told doc oh so now bb 2 is sleeping since not moving and before doc can reply bb 2 also started jumping but not as active as bb 1. It didn turn 360 degree haha just jump around. Then doc say bb can hear us. Haha when we say they sleeping they prove to us they ain't sleeping. It's amazing the feel. Too bad dh cannot see this moment as I went alone. Nevertheless I am happy beanies are cooperating well with me. Didn give me much discomfort and growing well at same time. Thank god for blessing and looking after them. But both edd push back to a day too.
Oh man! This is so cool! Thanks for sharing this with us!!!!!

Girls don't worry when you are at week 11 should not be a problem seeing them jump around inside. It's really amazing because they started off in their normal sleeping position and then the movement came. It's like floating around inside to me but doc uses jumping term haha. And yes bb 1 jump and did a 360 degree turn and that's why doc say bb 1 is super active. I am not sure if kkh amc clinic able to see so clearly but I believe adc clinic at kkh level 2 should be able to see better since detail and Oscar scan they refer us there instead of amc. I am waiting to hear the happy joys and experience from you ladies as well. Praying for u all too.

My week 11 scan is this Friday at amc, think will not be able to see clearly as the screen always blurr. Hopefully I will see beanie jumping too. Counting down.
Btw my asos just arrived at my door step. I tried a few clothings all super loose fit but good for the days to come. After oscar scan I will start wearing those super loose fit to tell ppl as an alert to be careful of a preggy lady nearby hehe.

Oh ya I also notice my tummy bump is slowly moving upwards. Is a bit rounded already but still able hide if wear loose top. As for bottom as long stick to low waist shouldn be a problem still able to hold a while.

Any ladies on baby aspirin here? I check with my gynae at tmc today he advise me to continue till trimester 3. I wonder need so long?

Hmm.. What is baby aspirin? I can check with Doc when I visit her if really need until 3rd trimester.

Understand baby aspirin is prescribe by gynae for those who have mc before I think is to reduce blood clotting so oxygen can reach the womb. something like that. They call it blood thinning. I was on it in the middle of the 2 weeks wait when I went tmc to check progesterone level. KKH didn't prescribe me this. But I see before from other thread some sisters stop after 1st trimester so I cannot remember tdy doc ask me continue till trimester 2 end or week 36. But confirm not stop at trimester 1. My asos haven't got any updates. Still reflect as goods left warehouse and will be with me soon. But at which country where now I don't know. Sad. Wonder if I can fit into it.

Hi there.. I'm new here.. Anyone has any idea how long does it takes to get the SA result at KKH? And is the thread to post if we have queries about IVF ?

Am planning to try IVF for the first time.

Last edited:
Hi iwantahealthybaby, so cool!!! I can't believe babies can jump and turn haha! Next time u shd put ur kids in gym for their jumping talents! Hehe.

HappyGoluckyWannabe, you can post here, or else there are also ivf/icsi threads for ladies undergoing ivf currently at matters of the heart. I am not sure abt SA result. Good luck babe! :)

I cannot wait for my scan next wk. it is wk 10 scan tho. Shd be able to do abdominal scan right! Hope beanie is ok. I have not felt anything much. Sometimes cramps in the day. Noticed tummy has a small bulge. When I press the bulge, it is hard!

Are u gals gonna take any NPL after baby is born? I am considering cuz not much support to take care of baby and I dont want to put baby at infant care when only 4 mth old....

Very stressful. Many face cleanser contains Salicylic acid. So is a no no?
To Play safe I am currently using shower gel to wash my face of course before that I use removal. I have got to find a new product soon. Ya loh my shiseido white lucent got this ingredient so I stop using.
The baby Centre is advised by the expert and quite good so I think they Mentioned is a no no.

Hi_mei, I am entitled for 4 months leave after birth but think I will only take 2 months as nobody can cover my work.

Good morning folks. As usual lying on bed and messaging before I get my butts up for work.

Hi mei, Seriously i didn't expect too that they will jump and move around at week 11. So amazing. Was so surprised and maybe that's why the sudden feel of happiness is there when I see from the screen. At week 10 should be able to see movement too if your bb ain't sleeping you can check with your sonographer but then again I don't know if kkh they will have time to wait and let you see bb move and turn anot.

LynnCandy next week your scan in kkh you can ask the sonographer too hope you can witness this amazing moments.

Yesterday was my wk 11 and 1 day for bigger bb N wk 10 and 5 days for smaller bb. Smaller twin not as active but still move.

I think I should stop using pimple cream also I think even ph 5.5 contains salicylic acid too. Sian forget to ask Dr yst if got any pimple gel to recommend.

Ok shall get my butts off the bed already.

Last edited:
Iwantahealthybaby, So amazing to hear abt ur ytd scan. I hope I get to week 11 n see tat too..So far on sun scan dr said can see head n chest n hb.. I can't really figure out though

Iwantahealthybaby, actually my scan is in 3 days time hehe. I don't think kkh amc will have the time to let me see. They just chop chop scan then go. As for products, think I will check it out with the counter when I got time to see which one can be used.
Dolly, how are you already?

Hi lynncandy, bleeding has stop since last morning. Slept super early last night 9.30 then woke up 2.30 to go pee.end up 4.30 then go back slp again. Woke up by nurse to jab progestrone oil...dr just came n said bleeding has stopped since ytd morning n everything seems good. Likely tmr discharge just stay one more day just in case then.will do a scan tmr before discharge.

Girls don't worry when you are at week 11 should not be a problem seeing them jump around inside. It's really amazing because they started off in their normal sleeping position and then the movement came. It's like floating around inside to me but doc uses jumping term haha. And yes bb 1 jump and did a 360 degree turn and that's why doc say bb 1 is super active. I am not sure if kkh amc clinic able to see so clearly but I believe adc clinic at kkh level 2 should be able to see better since detail and Oscar scan they refer us there instead of amc. I am waiting to hear the happy joys and experience from you ladies as well. Praying for u all too.

Dr says the babies are turning but we might not feel the movements all the time.

For those who have pimples maybe can try the biore stick on little plaster like stuff? Or buy the pimple gel from Aesop but it has salicylic acid too

LynnCandy I did my detailed scans at 13 weeks and 21 weeks at Thomson Medical.
My gynae at Gleneagles though. . He is do busy no time to do these detailed scans
You are now in your week...? Oh I am under tmc soon but my scan is at the novena there under their group.

Back