IVF/ICSI Support Group

Gal was yr stim only puregon or with menopue. Sont worry n be positive for er
I was only on puregon. Previously I did iui with gonal f, very low dosage at 75 to 100, I have about 1 big & 2 small follicles. Seems like my response towards puregon not so good. With puregon I was on dosage of 300! But then I did the iui before I did lap, maybe the lap did decrease the quantity of my eggs.

i would like to ask fellow sistas who do medicated FET.
i took progynova on day 4 of AF. and my AF spotting isnt over.. im still spotting everyday, not heavy AF but quite heavy spotting type
is this normal???

@baby_sparkles i tot its normal to start progynova when ur on mensus? i started progynova on my 3rd day mensus and still spotting of course coz my mensus usually clear by day 5.

@deardyan all the best babe, the time has come. so fast right.

Did any ladies exceed 11 days of simulation (before trigger jab was administered)?

my first fresh cycle stimulation was 12 days before trigger. it all depends on ur follicle growth, if doctor thinks the other follicle needs time to catch up, they will still continue u to jab. nothing to worry abt ovulation coz there is another jab u take daily to prevent it. :)

hello ladies
i had a lap 2 months ago to remove endo and i ve just been diagnosed with a huge ovarian cyst today - day when i had to start my ivf #3 - i was so in shock - completely forgot to ask my doctor (sf loh) how come i have already a cyst after only 2 months?!
girls any comments ? did it happen to you before? how long to disappear? ivf not possible with a cyst?
thanks for your comments
gigi

Back from my 2nd appt today at NUH. Our ER date is confirmed to be wednesday.

Right Ovary: 9 Follicles
Size: 19.5, 17.5, 16.5, 15, 14 & 11.5mm

Left Ovary: 4 Follicles
Size: 25, 21.5, 19 & 16mm

Im on Day 11 of stimulation. Doing my trigger shot, Suprefact tonight.
My oocyte retrieval is this wednesday.
My transfer is scheduled for Saturday.

My E2 Level is 6293 and my lining is 13mm as of today.
Hi Deardhan,
Are you doing your ET under care of Prof PC Wong ?

No... Mine will be under Dr Anupriya. .

hello ladies
i had a lap 2 months ago to remove endo and i ve just been diagnosed with a huge ovarian cyst today - day when i had to start my ivf #3 - i was so in shock - completely forgot to ask my doctor (sf loh) how come i have already a cyst after only 2 months?!
girls any comments ? did it happen to you before? how long to disappear? ivf not possible with a cyst?
thanks for your comments
gigi
gigi, did you ask sf loh for advise on if ivf is still possible? think better ask him for advise. You took DHEA for a few mths right, Did the DHEA increase your afc count?

Hi Ladies,

I just started my 2nd fresh cycle on last Saturday. It was considered CD2 as my period came on Thursday evening.

This cycle, I went through endo scratch with Dr S to increase my chance of implantation. I was prescribed with 5 units of Saizen daily to help with quality of my oocytes, 300 units of Puregon daily as FSH and 0.25mg of Ganirelix on stim day 5-7 to prevent ovulation. My scan reveals that my lining is at 4mm on CD2 and there are some small follicles and the next scan is on this coming Friday; day 7 of stimulation.

I have also consulted Dr Loh 2 weeks ago on natural killer cells test and intralipid treatment. He deemed the test unnecessary but will proceed to administer the intralipid treatment for me on stim day 7. (I am now trying to confirm my appointment with him.)

Some interesting things I found out from my appointments with Dr S when I saw her for endo scratch:

1) She feels that progesterone testing is unnecessary during 2ww as utrogesterone pessaries inserted into virgna will provid maximum support and blood test for progesterone level will not be accurate as the progesterone inserts will be concentrated around the womb area. However, she will give instruction for progesterone testing during 2ww if it gives the patient a peace of mind.

2) She thinks that additional progesterone support (in the form of oral pills/ jabs) given during 2ww may not be helpful if the embryo/ early pregnancy is not viable.

3) She prefers using Saizen over DHEA although she did tell me that if this round is not successful (touch wood!), I can try DHEA on my own.

4) She said that naturaller killer cells is not scientifically proven yet and hence they are not able to do any test or give any treatment. (I gather its because KKIVF is still a restructure hospital and they are audited quite strictly and hence has to follow protocol.) She did tell me that the private practise does offer.

Other interesting things I gather from my appointment with Dr Loh:

1) He encouraged me to take DHEA and try naturally but he respect my wish to proceed with IVF since I feel that my spouse and I are getting older. One of his patient got pregnant naturally after taking it for slightly more than a month. Another took it for a year and did not have any side effects.

2) He is not against PGD and will help to put up a paper up to the Ethics Board for approval if patient request for him to do so after a few failed cycles. Of course, he do not think that I should request for it since this is only round 2. He has written in a couple of times and gotten approval to do PGD. Results for 1 case shows that a patient with 4 blastocysts ends up with only 1 normal blast for transfer. The rest are not normal.

3) He confirms that the natural killer cells theory is not proven but he feels that there is no harm in administering the intralipid treatment as there is not much risk at all. He can do a blood test to check but deem that as unnecessary $$$ spent. Do note that he doesn't do the other test where tissues from the womb is taken to test for NKC.

4) He is supportive of the use of TMC to help fertility issues.

The above is to provide more info for all sisters here only. You may wish to do further research or check with your respective Drs for their views.

gigi, did you ask sf loh for advise on if ivf is still possible? think better ask him for advise. You took DHEA for a few mths right, Did the DHEA increase your afc count?
hi connie yes it did increase from AFC of 4 to AFC of 6 but most importantly i got 3 eggs in ivf 1 and 9 eggs in ivf2
my concern now is how come i have a cyst only 2 months after a lap?? tsf any idea? can i go ivf next cycle? am feeling down :(

Thanks portia3! I always tot dhea is to improve egg quality but I asked dr tan hh last wk and he say no...it will only improve egg quality. He even say egg quality is inborn and nothing much can change it since saizen dont even work for me..:(

lainelaine
i dont know about quality but it improved my quantity
i have not tested my amh level again but i know it did increase for some of my friends

hello ladies
thanks for your comments
gigi
Hi Gigi, did dr Loh say how come the cyst came back? Hope its not endo returning....

Hi ladies, I did intralipids with Dr loh before I start my frozen cycle. No test done to see whether I need it but since no harm done I go ahead with it since I got no other fertility issues nor my dh. Intralipids was introduced by one of the sisters in this forum and when I visited Dr loh he himself suggested before I can ask him about it. I do not know if this intralipids infusion helps in my bfp but I would say go for it since really no harm done. We come so far in the ivf process so an additional step to help in increasing the success rate is all worth. After my bfp I did another intralipids with Dr loh just to make sure my beanies stay strong and firm inside my womb. Hope this info helps. I didn't do any endo scratch.

@baby_sparkles i tot its normal to start progynova when ur on mensus? i started progynova on my 3rd day mensus and still spotting of course coz my mensus usually clear by day 5.

@deardyan all the best babe, the time has come. so fast right.

hi babydusty: this round my AF cleared on day 3. very little flow.. veryvery light spot. then i started progy on day 4 and AF came back again
till today, day 6, still have streaks of blood...

Hi tinga, mine is a blood cyst. Likely to be caused by endo.
Through scanning can know is blood cyst or not? I worry that I need to go for another operation to remove the cyst. How come it was not found in the hysteroscopy that I have done last mth? Haih

Through scanning can know is blood cyst or not? I worry that I need to go for another operation to remove the cyst. How come it was not found in the hysteroscopy that I have done last mth? Haih
Dr Loh can tell from just ultrasound lei. I dunno how he see also.... U did lap before and cyst returned???

No, I done laparoscopy and hysteroscopy in dec 2012 to remove fibroid and polyp. On march, I go thru another hysteroscopy again. But that time no cyst, dunno why today go checkup suddenly doctor found a cyst at left ovary. If it continue to grow doc may suggest to wait for another cycle..

hi babydusty: this round my AF cleared on day 3. very little flow.. veryvery light spot. then i started progy on day 4 and AF came back again
till today, day 6, still have streaks of blood...

mayb its the hormone clearing more blood. hmmm cant advise you much coz my mensus remain the same when i start progynova. hmmm

Dr Loh can tell from just ultrasound lei. I dunno how he see also.... U did lap before and cyst returned???

Gigi, hope yr cyst will dissolve soon... Can understand how u feel too...

I've been to so many scans from KKH to NUH since 2012.... Only diagnosis with suspected endo now with possible blood cyst.... So much time wasted... Dr Loh also say I have possibly of severe endo some more.... Now need to worry abt egg reserve and recovery...

Mesara, when u did lap, did they lower yr right ovary?

Im on Gonal-F 150ui.
While it gave me a good no of follicles, the follocles dont grow much despite increasing the dosage to 225ui. So doc put me on Pergoveris each morning and the follicles are growing better now.
All the best for er tomorrowbgal. Jia you

If the lap was to remove
I was only on puregon. Previously I did iui with gonal f, very low dosage at 75 to 100, I have about 1 big & 2 small follicles. Seems like my response towards puregon not so good. With puregon I was on dosage of 300! But then I did the iui before I did lap, maybe the lap did decrease the quantity of my eggs.

cyst or fibroids no doubt quantity will decrease. Unless its just to burn off endo then wont decrease. Am in same plight after lap this cycle. Dr tan told me reserve has dropped by half just after one cyst removed

@mesara my E2 is 1400. What does it mean? Most probably my ER is on Sat. Praying for a healthy me cos im really not well with the nausea & headache.
What about u? When is ur ER?

Can you giv me the contacts for Mdm Valencia.

@deardyan good luck for this wed.
Oh no headache n nausea. U must be feeling miserable bgal. Just tahan till er. Mr e4 if all is well shud be next week. E2 tells u no of eggs. Like my e2 was 10000 n had 10 eggs.. just an estimatem at keast assurance yr follie not empty n got egg

I see.... I tot endo removed during lap, will worsen after AF? Btw, when did u check yr AMH levels after lap?
Sadly, I also need to remove cyst from my left ovary...
I checked my amh 4 days after kal while warded. It really depends for some ppl fterblap will have cyst n endo recur. I am one good case. I went for a lap in 2010 by dr loh for one dermoid cyst. The rest of reproductive system was remarkable. But after lap a month latet endo recur then got adeno then fibroids n blood cyst on right ovary. Its all dependent on individual. I am just sway lor

Hi ladies, I did intralipids with Dr loh before I start my frozen cycle. No test done to see whether I need it but since no harm done I go ahead with it since I got no other fertility issues nor my dh. Intralipids was introduced by one of the sisters in this forum and when I visited Dr loh he himself suggested before I can ask him about it. I do not know if this intralipids infusion helps in my bfp but I would say go for it since really no harm done. We come so far in the ivf process so an additional step to help in increasing the success rate is all worth. After my bfp I did another intralipids with Dr loh just to make sure my beanies stay strong and firm inside my womb. Hope this info helps. I didn't do any endo scratch.
I wantahealthybaby when did u start seeing dr loh and how many times before n after et. Did he give u any support medicine. What is intrlipid and can it be done during stim stage.

Gigi, hope yr cyst will dissolve soon... Can understand how u feel too...

I've been to so many scans from KKH to NUH since 2012.... Only diagnosis with suspected endo now with possible blood cyst.... So much time wasted... Dr Loh also say I have possibly of severe endo some more.... Now need to worry abt egg reserve and recovery...

Mesara, when u did lap, did they lower yr right ovary?

I did lap on 3 feb. Dr tan said no need to lower right ovary le.

tinga and gigi blood cyst sometimes dont resolve. But its not always necessary to remove it ask dr opinion..my last fresh I had 3 blood cysts n this fresh still got 2. Take out cyst affect amh thats the hateful part.

I did lap on 3 feb. Dr tan said no need to lower right ovary le.

tinga and gigi blood cyst sometimes dont resolve. But its not always necessary to remove it ask dr opinion..my last fresh I had 3 blood cysts n this fresh still got 2. Take out cyst affect amh thats the hateful part.
Hello mesara
My fresh has been delayed because of the blood cyst how come yours no?:(

Oh no headache n nausea. U must be feeling miserable bgal. Just tahan till er. Mr e4 if all is well shud be next week. E2 tells u no of eggs. Like my e2 was 10000 n had 10 eggs.. just an estimatem at keast assurance yr follie not empty n got egg

@mesara i think wat u said about e2 is true ley. coz my e2 was 10928 and i had 10 eggs. hehhehe

Also dr tan actually said will remove all cysts but two cysts were too deep. They injured the ovary so stopped after one.

Back