(2014) ivf mummies support group

Iwantahealthybaby , u can start applying stretch mark cream on ur tummy. Drink prune juice to solve ur constipation.

Kitkats, I started applying the stretch mark cream today hope it works. As for constipation I been drinking fibergel and prune juice alternate days but seems like it's still bad. Even when I finally do release myself it's still not smooth type. Must still force. :(

No cramps for time being n bleeding seems to lessen as well...
Dolly gal good to hear, continue to rest well, we are all behind u :)

Now I eat lesser at every meal. The moment I feel that I cannot eat already, I'll just stop. This helps with the bloating. But because I don't eat much, so I'll definitely feel hungry a few hours later/before next meal. Then I'll eat bread. At night before I sleep, I must drink milk first to stop the nauseated feeling.
Mb I try ur method too. Think ms getting worse. I keep having the pukey feeling the moment wake up. Most things that used to ease pukiness now don't work for me, like ribena, porridge, crackers etc. even water tastes bad. Today I almost puked out lunch, but control like mad and went to take a nap instead. Then got a terrible nightmare, those kind can write some horror movie script wahahahaha!

Dolly gal good to hear, continue to rest well, we are all behind u :)

Mb I try ur method too. Think ms getting worse. I keep having the pukey feeling the moment wake up. Most things that used to ease pukiness now don't work for me, like ribena, porridge, crackers etc. even water tastes bad. Today I almost puked out lunch, but control like mad and went to take a nap instead. Then got a terrible nightmare, those kind can write some horror movie script wahahahaha!

Hi_mei, yeah you can try and see if it works for you.

Hi ladies, anyone feeling depressed. I dont know why I just cnt feel happy with all these nausea n all but my dh doesnt seem to understand. He makes me feel like im the only preg woman with a long face n its my fault. Ive been crying my heart out the whole day.

Hi ladies, anyone feeling depressed. I dont know why I just cnt feel happy with all these nausea n all but my dh doesnt seem to understand. He makes me feel like im the only preg woman with a long face n its my fault. Ive been crying my heart out the whole day.

It's part of pregnancy. Not all dh will understand. Don't say the guys doesn't know sometimes ladies who ain't preg before didn't know it could be that bad too. So must not blame them too. It's just human nature. Experience it then will understand. With all the nausea and vomiting who can still be chirpy and cheerful. Don't cry don't sad, all these ain't gona stop your nausea feelings. U still have them. Always tell yourself you only experience all these during pregnancy. You gona miss it after bb born. The lil bump to growing bulge, the cravings to eat certain food and the no no to some taste. The guilt free feelings to eat and eat and not diet...enjoy every part of your pregnancy. Afterall like I say only experience during pregnancy. I always tell my dh now, this may really be my only time I can experience all the pampering and requests...the worries and the stress whether beanies are well...enjoying the bump that is going to form in the next few months, after my babies born I most likely closing factory...

Hi kay4414, agree with iwantahealthybaby. It is part of the pregnancy process tho ya, it does feel uncomfy to be sick all the time. On the bright side, nausea usually goes away by second trimester? So hopefully don't have to tolerate it for much longer :) u found any way to reduce it, like eating frequent small meals, sweet/sour/salty stuff, etc?

As for DH, think guys cannot really understand what gals are going thru... Have to have a talk with him abt it and tell him how bad u are feeling and how he can make things better (ie. by not passing such remarks). I told hubby the feeling is like having gastric flu every day for weeks, see how he likes that!

Go out and meet with friends if u feel better, or if really cannot,whatsapp them to chat also helps relief the stress. Take care ya babe.

Hi all hope u all have a great Sunday! Gonna troop to foodcourt for dim sum for breakfast. Nowadays I treasure the time spent alone, cuz when baby comes, u will nv be alone liao. Haha!

Dolly gal how are u today? Hope u had a good rest! Stay strong!

Woke up by nurses coming in n out of the room. Whole night no bleeding but the moment after I pee n change pad, a gush of blood flow out... kind of worried.
Just had my oil jab, n oral medication.. not sure dr coming today or not...

Good mooring ladies, enjoy the sunday as tomorrow is back to work day. I am waking to go for breakfast too.. cheers..
Dolly, hope you are better already.

Woke up by nurses coming in n out of the room. Whole night no bleeding but the moment after I pee n change pad, a gush of blood flow out... kind of worried.
Can check w nurse whether doctor is coming? Try to think positive!

Kay it is part of the hormones acting up. I had my emotional outburst too and my aunt (who is a nurse) expained the hormones issues and told my hubby to give in to me during the pregnancy ..

Glad that your situation is stabilising . Rest well in hospital although it can be boring

Gynae came n Did a scan. The strong beanie still doing OK but he said expect some more bleeding as there is still abt 1cm blood clots inside... So today continue bedrest, tmr then see can get down the bed to shower or not..

Gynae came n Did a scan. The strong beanie still doing OK but he said expect some more bleeding as there is still abt 1cm blood clots inside... So today continue bedrest, tmr then see can get down the bed to shower or not..
Dolly just rest well and try to sleep as much as you can. Sayang your beanie.

Dolly gal it probably takes some days for the blood to be flushed out completely. When I had chemical preg last year, the bleeding stop after 2weeks for me. It happen the same time as my menses date. So I presume first week is bleeding from chem preg the 2nd week is my menses bleeding. I believe the doc will give you another scan before they discharge you from hospital.

Good morning ladies...I just finish my breakfast at long john silver. Had the clam chowder soup but didn eat the clams. Going to visit my parents today.

I told him im feeling nausea n want to be left alone. But he keeps finding fault with me as in like why my face always so unhappy. Bcoz of my baby is going to be unhappy.. makin me feel like im nt up to it. Others are managing well but its me who is the problem here. Its been a tough ride for me too. After ER I was down with ohss till now I m still having ohss. I really dont know how else to please ppl. I asked him to help me get food n that started the problem. I dont know why till now n eventually I went down to get my own food. I dont know if he is unhappy that he has to do some chores at hm now that he nvr used to or wat. I try to do wat I can but im just very exhausted. He keeps saying that he is going the extra way to do chores but im also going thru all this ohss n ms wat... I just dont get it..

I told him im feeling nausea n want to be left alone. But he keeps finding fault with me as in like why my face always so unhappy. Bcoz of my baby is going to be unhappy.. makin me feel like im nt up to it. Others are managing well but its me who is the problem here. Its been a tough ride for me too. After ER I was down with ohss till now I m still having ohss. I really dont know how else to please ppl. I asked him to help me get food n that started the problem. I dont know why till now n eventually I went down to get my own food. I dont know if he is unhappy that he has to do some chores at hm now that he nvr used to or wat. I try to do wat I can but im just very exhausted. He keeps saying that he is going the extra way to do chores but im also going thru all this ohss n ms wat... I just dont get it..
Hi kay... i also don't have solution for you. All I can say is if you feel like crying. Just cry. If you wanna sulk, just sulk. We just have to depend on ourselves ultimately. We just happen to have dh who are not the usual fatherly 'mould'.

End of the day.. We have to be strong for our beanies. If you can, try to enjoy the first trimester journey and know that it will get better.

I know for sure that I will have a crybaby. Cos I have been crying. I guess even if it is a crybaby, I should be thankful if beanie actually survives :)

So glad to hear that beanie still ok! You must be very shocked by the bleeding. Take care!!! Hope it stops soon!!!!

Kay, don't be too depressing already. Some dh are like this don't really like to do chores and expect the wife to be doing. Maybe your dh is like our parents time the thinking. During our parents time, it is usually the poor lady who does everything and the man just come home to relax and eat dinner. Sometimes this man will even comment badly on the wife's cooking and after dinner the poor wife still got to clean up the whole kitchen and service the man.
Kay, perhaps now also partly your homo is causing you feeling depressed. Although you are going through all those nausea or sickness, do remember it is part of the pregnancy process to experience through. I would say it is a special experience for a mummy to be to go through. At least we must proudly say we enjoy pregnancyhood before. So cheer up. No matter what it is worth to go through the journey to have a beanie.
Iwantahealthybaby, I am planning to go dian xiao er later hehe.
Ladies, just what check with you any product with what ingredients cannot be used? Dha? Then. ..

Tik before we start ivf cycle, counseling does tell us tat wife will have roller coaster mood swings especially we have to went thru all the stimulation, er & et, partner has to b more accomodating as our mood swings can go up n down.. I rem one of the cycle I was So stress w numerous jabs, I break down after shouting at dh over little issue. Then after I cool down I told him how I feel tat it's really no joke for jabbing my tummy until 2 permanent black spots. Took many months to clear the spots away, tcm who did acupuncture for me got a shock when she saw it.. n end day I saw my dh flare up at the embryologist asking y still bfn, no point just kp doing cycle again n again n not look for the failure reason.then she recommended us go jb do another fresh cycle n I m glad we didn't. We Actually change to another pte gynae n ivf ctr..

I'm back. Waiting for dinner. Lynncandy enjoy yr dian Xiao er.

Dolly gal glad to hear strong beanie doing fine. Jiayou.

Kay maybe your dh not as sensitive and doesn't realise he hurt you somehow with his words which he might not mean anything. Just stay strong for your bb ok.

Sure can but I tik depends on machine. This morning scan in the ward, can only see the flickering but no sound. Only at gynae clinic then can on to hear

Sure can but I tik depends on machine. This morning scan in the ward, can only see the flickering but no sound. Only at gynae clinic then can on to hear
My last scan was last Tues. 8w4d. At tps. Dr tan did abdominal scan then say cannot see beanie. Only water bag.

So i kanna v scan again. Dunno when then can graduate from v scan man. And from my angle, the image looks so blurry. Like a rounded patch. That's all. Chop chop fast fast.

My only v scan is the 1st aptm at amc after BfP. After that all is tummy scan at kkh or outside clinic. But I make sure I still have full bladder before scan so can see better. Ya circle it's gd to book one near your house since that is probably extra checkup between the time to see dr tan.

Not sure is that kkh practise for first scan will b thru v. My pte gynae will do adominal scan first unless cant see clear then v scan. Last year my bfp, tik it was fated mc tat all my 3-4 scans are thru v cos too weak to see n detect...

He might not be used to doing all the chores and is frustrated too. I had this problem with my hubby during an earlier ivf cycle. Usually I would be the one doing most of the chores but I made it clear to him that during tww he has to do everything. First two days ok, after that on third day he scolded me and asked why is it i am not doing any chores. What to do? Sometimes they just too used to ppl doing everything for them. Anw u may want to ask third party to speak to him if it continues, like PIL or close friend. I asked my mom to speak to him I think he was much more understanding after that. Now he do most of the chores no complaints. For two months already! Big improvement man.

Be strong ya... Sometimes I think women really much stronger than men. Can tahan all the crap from life and their nonsense too!

Ya think depends on the machine. But gd u can see the flickering! Rest well tonight :)

To b Frank I still dun know how to see the scan on screen, the chief nurse still say see the flickering I m still searching until the pointer shows me...
I m So scared to see the screen whenever scan starts... pretend see elsewhere

My 1st scan in kkh after bfp they tried tummy scan and saw 1 sac. I then suggested to the sonographer i want v scan if can clearer cause i see the screen really blur and it was then later when she do v scan detected another sac and know its twins.

Extra one at private gynae :) oscar scan will be two weeks after tomorrow checkup. See at tmc the dr will let me hear hb anot. Haven't heard before hahaha.

In the long run if you feel pregnancy has stabilised , you might want to consider going to a pte gynae cos I hear many times kkh service can be lacking. It is important to enjoy this hard earned pregnancy after all the jabs etc.
My Dr also told me don't need to scan too often cos scanning too often is not that 'healthy' for the little ones.

In the long run if you feel pregnancy has stabilised , you might want to consider going to a pte gynae cos I hear many times kkh service can be lacking. It is important to enjoy this hard earned pregnancy after all the jabs etc.
My Dr also told me don't need to scan too often cos scanning too often is not that 'healthy' for the little ones.
Oh is it. But I still prefer to feel a peace of mind with 2 weeks scan apart.
Good morning everyone, yesterday I did not eat dian xiao er, went to eat vegetarian naan instead at prata wala.
Start of work for the week again today sian. This morning I really feel like taking mc to rest at home. Haha.

Mayb can't do scan too often. This morning gynae came no scan.. just made sure no infection occur inside he said.. ask him stay how long he said stay on first...

Hi ladies, I have actually going through my skincare product (shiseido) and makeup (bb cream laneige, eyeliner kate, mascara estee lauder & eyebrown Mac), however they did not really state the ingredient contents. I am just wondering if I am using a safe product. Oh man don't tell me I have to go to the shopping centre every outlet of the product to ask.

Dolly just stay to enjoy the service by the nurses. In hospital still got meals and drinks serve in front of you. It is like queen treatment at least got people to take care. No more bleeding then discharge, otherwise when we are at home we tend to walk around and etc.

Hi ladies, I have actually going through my skincare product (shiseido) and makeup (bb cream laneige, eyeliner kate, mascara estee lauder & eyebrown Mac), however they did not really state the ingredient contents. I am just wondering if I am using a safe product. Oh man don't tell me I have to go to the shopping centre every outlet of the product to ask.

During my 1st trimester my TCM doctor exclaimed .. you are still putting on makeup! Lol
My makeup routine is now basic.. definitely no more lipstick cos that tends to be ingested.
No AHA products. I switch to Avene products for washing and use my laneige bb cream.
If your skin is generally good just keep the skincare and makeup simple. You will glow girl!

think when they say scan too often is like 1 week twice? cause some private gynae outside schedule scan two weeks apart so i guess shouldn be a problem if its 2 weeks apart. for those who have high risk of mc they sometimes even suggest 1 week apart scan druing 1st trimester just to make sure.

i will be seeing two clinics throughout my pregnancy. under kkh and tmc as i would not know if my twins will be pre mature. if didn pass 35 weeks and i give birth outside private hospital some say the risk might be there, some private will refer you back to govt hospital as their nicu ward for babies are more well equipped and of course the friendly hospital bills.

was just about to ask you buddy how was your dian xiao er.. hahaha thinking if you got appetite to eat back meat. for me i seldom makeup but the basic makeup shouldn be a problem especially if they are from counter brands. lipsticks wise i agree with joie better reduce. i am also usig avene facial gel. other than that i still use regular pimple cream ph 5.5 and sun block.

I know a colleague 's wife see gynae 3 times a week cos she has serious threatened mc. Dr advised her to abort n they went to 5 gynaes for 2 nd opinion n decided to wait till week 28 or wat (can't rem exact week )..initially weekly then twice then thrice... bb boy born premature at 600g n stayed in kkh for more than 6 months. Now he is healthy gg 2 year old boy, he really is a survivor.
He was concieved naturally.
For me myself I was born premature as well, tik abt 2 months early at 3 pounds tats y I have no newborn pictures as my parents said I look like a dark kitten, vy ugly. Dr feed me spoonful of calcium daily n draw blood for test daily too until my maternal grandma cried said where got enough blood for daily test.. only rem my parents said luckily it was old days, the fees wasn't vy high.. hahaa tik they kept the bill cos I saw once while spring cleaning my parent's stuff.. ooo I was premature cos my mum's womb got prob can't kp me long there n bled So dr decided take me out first.

dolly_gal your colleague wife is a strong lady, they endure so much and decided to keep the faith believing their bb will be strong. lucky they didn hear doc advise to abort. the days at nicu must be hard too seeing the lil bb with so many tubes over his body. but they efforts paid off. having a 2 yr old boy who is healthy and active.

pre mature bb bills will cost alot due to the high care and attention given to them and we will never know how early they want to pop so better have some back up plans. no doubts i would like to give birth in private hospital as well so i can chose my initial prefer gynae but well i need to secure a place in kkh too in case things dont go as i want. doesnt matter to me now where to give birth, atas or govt, i just want my babies safe and healthy..

dolly_gal your colleague wife is a strong lady, they endure so much and decided to keep the faith believing their bb will be strong. lucky they didn hear doc advise to abort. the days at nicu must be hard too seeing the lil bb with so many tubes over his body. but they efforts paid off. having a 2 yr old boy who is healthy and active.

pre mature bb bills will cost alot due to the high care and attention given to them and we will never know how early they want to pop so better have some back up plans. no doubts i would like to give birth in private hospital as well so i can chose my initial prefer gynae but well i need to secure a place in kkh too in case things dont go as i want. doesnt matter to me now where to give birth, atas or govt, i just want my babies safe and healthy..

My gf had ivf twins and saw a pte gynae but when she was having contractions at 28 weeks she and hubby decided to check into kkh a&e.
She downgraded to c class ward with no air con and therefore her nicu costs are quite 'friendly' . But she stayed in non aircon ward for 1 month.
KKH still has the most facilities and experience with pre mature babies

Back