(2014/08) August 2014

Ladies. Have an embarrassing question to ask. Now whenever I sneeze/cough, I tend to leak. Do you have such experience? So sad, is my bladder beginning to lose control?

Its super alot less crowded today at the fair. They have the toddler pillow on friday which is buy 1 toddler pillow n get 1 baby pillow free. But today no such offer liao which is wasted I din get it on first day when I was there. Now today no more baby pillow too. I left the place n seems like stil only have the toddler pillow stock. Is stil $29.90. Anyway end may stil have motherhood fair. So hopefully they have such good offers.

I always feel suoer thirsty no matter how many gallons of water I drank. And becos of the drinking. . Constant peeing too...

Hihi yes i passed sugar test... but i realli hot n only dont feel thirsty when i drank alot of cool water...

Just drink more to stay hydrated. I drank water before my detailed scan, went toilet before my session started . After scanning for 20 min the sonargrapher told me my bladder is filling up and asked me to empty my bladder , so I did. At the end of the session I had to go to the toilet again. Lol.. she said it is good cos it means I stay hydrated. No worries

I bought quite a lot of things at the Baby fair. Babysafe matteress, newborn & toddler pillows; maternity bolster which can convert to nursing pillow; play gymfor bb which can be convert into a seatee; fisherprice baby rocker which can be converted to toddler chair; Manduca carrier & miscellaneous stuff like blankets; small pillow with the bean fillings etc

Its too crowed so didn't managed to get stroller...I have quite a lot of hands me downs from friends. But still cant resist buying from Carters. Waiting for the shipment.

My friend passed me her Mendela free style motor. Where can I order the parts online?

Thanks joyfulmummy! So far test ok too. I am very scare I will get gestational diabetes so.i control my diet and watch what I eat or drink as well from the start. Now I put on 3kg at 24 weeks. But cold drinks are really hard to resist. Haha.. I try to go for cold plain water. . Coke occasionally but I still drink coffee (small cup) every weekday to keep myself awake. DH says later bb black. Lol..

@shirleyten if the urine test repeatedly shows sugar in urine. Then the doc wil prob ask for blood sugar level. N if stil suspect will need to do more detail one totake sugar level before consumption of orange juice n take again after the juice. This is call Glucose tolerance test.

@happymummi I also.intend to get my spare parts from a seller at motherhood or to order from amazon. Thk the shop mum.and babes also got sell. If amazon give free delivery then is worthwhile to order from there. Prob I wait till end may for the motherhood fair to take a look there first. Hope fully can get from there cheap.

I feel hot also and drinking more water than usual. Monitoring my water intake as thirstiness is a sign of gestational diabetes...

@shirleyten - there is a glucose test for this. Have to gulp down the glucose and then they will take your blood glucose level 2 hours after the test (or something like that). The urine test not so accurate. My fren's gynae asked her to do the test as bb was a bit on the big side and noted got elevated blood sugar level.

@ Seaturtle - thanks for informing. I trust my gyane is gonna take care of me. I am HBP patient. . So.my gyane very on the ball with me.. so far I am ok as I monitor my blood pressure every day.. and baby is on the average side. Not too big for now...I find it hard to pee on sticks. Lol.. its a challenge for me every check up. Lol

@ Seaturtle - thanks for informing. I trust my gyane is gonna take care of me. I am HBP patient. . So.my gyane very on the ball with me.. so far I am ok as I monitor my blood pressure every day.. and baby is on the average side. Not too big for now...I find it hard to pee on sticks. Lol.. its a challenge for me every check up. Lol

Ha ha ok it's reassuring to know you are in good hands. I think better for gynae to be alert than to be too relaxed. I also have problems with the pee on the sticks. Nurse often got to chase me to do it.

Ur HBP is it due to pregnancy also? must be careful k, and I know there are food types which can help to reduce HBP also which you can try to include in diet as well.

Once I hit 30 yrs old.. HPB decided to come visit me and never go away.. I tried Almost everything but never go down.. so i suspect its my work. Lol.. I tried to get preg there too but it doesn't work. So after I left my previous job.. I started a new place. . Bp is so much better and I conceived after my probation.. so I am sure its becos of my previous work place. Hahaha

oh yes stress does affect BP. My fren who also got HBP in her previous role switched jobs and BP became normal. I think it's our body's way of telling us it's beyond our limits.

I also conceived after deciding to leave my current job, thank God :)

I bought the baby pillow from a Robinson sale...The one that is a little hollow in the middle so that baby does not get a 'flat' head. .

@shirleyten - Haha! I think this one wouldn't be that crowded. I went to the one in Feb and it wasn't that bad either. I have come to realise that fairs are therapeutic.. When I attend alone! Can slowly take my time to walk and look see and try. Haha.

You can order from Amazon. Its going at 19.90usd. Might qualify for free shipping if total purchase is above 125usd! Else its $29.90sgd in SG

@shirleyten - Haha! I think this one wouldn't be that crowded. I went to the one in Feb and it wasn't that bad either. I have come to realise that fairs are therapeutic.. When I attend alone! Can slowly take my time to walk and look see and try. Haha.

You can order from Amazon. Its going at 19.90usd. Might qualify for free shipping if total purchase is above 125usd! Else its $29.90sgd in SG

My DH won't allow me to go anywhere crowded without him de. Haha.. he very protective. I may give it a go again. Hopefully can get to touch something! Lol

U can too but detailed scan report will state if ur bb is a boy or girl.
Hehehe.. thats when I start my madness shopping! Woohoo

I know the detail scan report will say but they say girl is harder to spot as compare to boys and my detail scan report is girl.
So just want to ask my gynae to confirm again just to be sure. :D

@happymummi I also.intend to get my spare parts from a seller at motherhood or to order from amazon. Thk the shop mum.and babes also got sell. If amazon give free delivery then is worthwhile to order from there. Prob I wait till end may for the motherhood fair to take a look there first. Hope fully can get from there cheap.
Hihi when is the motherhood fair any website to have e information?

Thanks joyfulmummy! So far test ok too. I am very scare I will get gestational diabetes so.i control my diet and watch what I eat or drink as well from the start. Now I put on 3kg at 24 weeks. But cold drinks are really hard to resist. Haha.. I try to go for cold plain water. . Coke occasionally but I still drink coffee (small cup) every weekday to keep myself awake. DH says later bb black. Lol..
Yar i cant resist cold drink n find it easier to swallow down..n mi too limited myself take 1 cup coffee daily

@shirleyten - Haha right..... It will be fine! Not many brands I don't think will have that many people.

Can I check what calcium supplement you ladies are taking? Brand and content? I'm already on prenatal vitamins and am thinking of having a calcium supplement as I tend to forget to drink milk. But those in the market seem to add other vitamins and I can't seem to find a supplement that only has calcium citrate.

Thanks!

I'm asked to take the GTT test during the next visit coz bb's abdomen on the big side. really worried I'll be diagnosed with GD. :( :( :(

anyone also asked to take the test? btw, I didn't have to take it when preg with #1. muz be too much pizza, mcdonalds & maggi mee this time round. must start controlling diet & exercise more now. sigh....

@queeensg u prob can get calcium carbonate from pharmacy which is pure calcium content in it of 625mg. My kkh doc prescribe for me. But shd b able to find from guardian as tis is supplement need not doc approval to get it. U can chk w the pharmacist to help u out if u not sure.
@kopibeanie try to cut down on carbohydrate intake take more protein n prob switch to whole meal prob it helps. My fren was diagnose with GD but she try to control with food intake. Thk our preggy makes us eat more unhealthy prob our baby wan to enjoy sinful food too.

Back