Sweetlands childcare @ 484 jurong west ave 1

hi applemom, my girl goes to that CC and she's in the toddler group. i find it good! the teachers are very warm and friendly. curriculum-wise, i find it above average. not exceptional as it is afterall a neighbourhood CC. the kids get to bring home their artworks, books etc. at the end of the term to show to their parents. it gives us parents an idea of what the kids are learning daily in school, which i find really beneficial.

i was impressed by how they carried out the parent-teacher meeting at the end of each semester. they gave very detailed "report" on what my child's strength and weaknesses are, her overall progress, language development etc. and you can tell all these information is due to the teachers' careful observation and communication with the child as i found the description fit my girl to the 'T'!

the cook at the school is my mom's friend who cooks quite nice dishes in school. actually food was quite a concern to me ever since the news about food poisoning in local schools became the hot topic recently. very happy to know that the aunty who does the cooking is actually my mom's good friend. she's a very nice aunty and we know her to be careful and hygenic when it comes to handling food too. and teachers always tell us that my girl (and other kids in the CC) often goes back for 2nd/3rd helpings. it's a good thing the school doesn't hire "expats" for the kitchens. :p

another thing which i really like about Sweetlands is that they update a lot via Facebook - the kids' artworks, playtime in the school, outings, bday celebrations etc. not sure if other CCs do this, but i find this helps parents be a tad more involved in the children's school life.

hope this helps.
happy.gif

hi starrymommy, thanks for the valuable information.

Able to share, how much is the school fee as my colleague is searching around. If the CC is good, she needs to rent a place near the CC so got to consider very carefully.

school fees is at $480 for toddler group. how old is your colleague's child? if infantcare, the school fees will be a lot higher.

think flat rental there is pretty okay, not exorbitant.

Hello mummies...i am going to enrol my girl to Sweetlands cc @ Jurong West Ave 1, can i have some feedback from you?

hi mummy, my son was at sweetland for 1.5 years.. and I found they are quite good.... the teachers are kind.... and Ms Ng (the principal) is a very helpful person.....

Back