(2014/05) May 2014

Jus called SCBB to arrange the donation of cord blood... This time really forget. Wait until wk 36 then register... :/

My first child was induced due to "not growing well" at 37.3 weeks too.... I ended up having an emergency csection after 16 hours of labour that was progressing too slowly and baby's heart rate started to get low. A part of me to this day feels perhaps it was just not time for him to arrive, but in saying that, safety is always the first consideration.

I often feel the same as you. Thinking maybe my #1 wanted to stay in there longer. But being first time mom, better to trust the gynae. So for #2, I was really thinking he'd come later too ... but who knows? *sigh* 36 weeks ... wanna fatten him up inside tummy also cannot.

Inducing, normally will insert a type of pill into the vagina.... And if that doesn't bring on contractions then they will use the drip too. I heard that with inducing the contractions can be more painful..... And there is a risk that labour will fail to progress which will then require you to have a csection.
But even without inducing... There is still a risk of cesarean due to lack of progress in labour or fetal distress.

My first child was induced due to "not growing well" at 37.3 weeks too.... I ended up having an emergency csection after 16 hours of labour that was progressing too slowly and baby's heart rate started to get low. A part of me to this day feels perhaps it was just not time for him to arrive, but in saying that, safety is always the first consideration.

Oh dear,I also wonder if bb is really to come out.. but ya, if it's not growing inside alr then perhaps better for him to come up. Just worried abt the process.
Mine will be 37 weeks plus and perhaps I have slight high blood :( so gynae also worried.

Thanks ladies for sharing. Jiayou everyone

How heavy? I also 35 weeks. Just finish gynae check today also. Baby a little more than average wt - 2.7kg

I also not engaged or dilated yet.

Did strep b test today also.
Hi,
My bb was 2.6kg at 34 weeks..gynae said suppose to be 2.4kg.
I keep telling her to come out earlier everyday..

My baby was 3.1kg at 35wks.my gynae has no wries yet.jus joked tt he b as tired as me.
Wait for 2 more wks bah at least nearer to full term.walk more if u hav the energy.shld helps cm early?haha i guess de

My gynae said if exceed 3.5kg ll be difficult for natural wor..
Mine only 35 weeks now..

Wun lah.my #1 was 3.75 kg at birth,natural.
Bt sm gynae are more scared of big babies.
No nd too wried. U can Cut dwn ur rice n sweet stuff

Alot of mummies here havg big babies too

Really? But I'm small build wor.
I was thinking to change gynae if my gynae no confident for natural birth if bb really exceed 3.5 kg.
Nowadays I dun eat so much ady..every time after meal still feel hungry :( like on diet now.
Hope bb faster come out, so that I can "da Kai sha Jian".. Kekeeee

Really? But I'm small build wor.
I was thinking to change gynae if my gynae no confident for natural birth if bb really exceed 3.5 kg.
Nowadays I dun eat so much ady..every time after meal still feel hungry :( like on diet now.
Hope bb faster come out, so that I can "da Kai sha Jian".. Kekeeee
But last min change gynae...hmm wld it be gd for u bth?cos he knws best aft so many mths...
Hungry also no gd leh..dun take fried oily stuff?dun tak supper?
Anyway dun b over wried ba. Fast cm out is pre term leh better aft 37 wks wen evrythg is confirm well developed

For mommies considering taking baby out before 37 weeks, I really strongly advise you wait. At least baby's organs are matured and more healthy. When you take them out early, and if organs are not matured enough, you'll have issues of prolonged jaundice etc. So please consider carefully. I'm always an advocate of baby staying inside tummy the longer the better, unless not growing inside anymore. And another thing I wanna stress is, more often than not, the u/s scans are a gauge and not the real size.

Cravings satisfied :)

Attachments

• 1397816574783.jpg
    1397816574783.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Any mummies with small babies here? 36 weeks but the bb is only 2.1kg... :( have been eating durians n drinking milk but doesn't seem to work...

I pump for my #1 cuz he didnt wan to latch but had alot of engorgement probs previously, so hope to direct latch this round. but bf is reali difficult, my nip always feel so sore after each feed n its rather painful when feeding. I read up n watched videos but im still not sure if im doing the right or wrong things though I observe each step per the video. .. hai duno wan to do exclusuve pumping again but I reali like the closeness when latching, yet I cringed at the pain after each feed... : (

I pump for my #1 cuz he didnt wan to latch but had alot of engorgement probs previously, so hope to direct latch this round. but bf is reali difficult, my nip always feel so sore after each feed n its rather painful when feeding. I read up n watched videos but im still not sure if im doing the right or wrong things though I observe each step per the video. .. hai duno wan to do exclusuve pumping again but I reali like the closeness when latching, yet I cringed at the pain after each feed... : (
:( wah i think liao also scared le

Last edited:
I always feel that latching can remove blocked milk ducts better than expressing. My advice is try latching as much as you can especially for the first month. Subsequently, when you are preparing for work, can introduce the bottle to avoid nipple confusion. I have been doing hybrid of latching and expression and wonder if it's right choice but just have to get him to drink more milk coz' he's very sleepy these days. And I want him to gain weight quickly too. I guess once he is less sleepy, I'll just to full latching. I've also gone on internet to read of some babies who were on exclusive pumping first 3 months but were switched back to latching after that.

So I guess it takes a lot of patience and perserverance to train. I am a SAHM so I personally prefer latching as it's more convenient for me when I'm outside. Don't have to bring EBM and also look for places to warm the milk etc. Have you delivered?

Gynae says not to induce... Just wait and see... Quite worried now...
my #1 was also like your case. Don't dwell too much k? At 38 weeks, I was told to be prepared that baby will come out about 2.1kg. She turned out 2.9kg. I'm not saying that yours will come out bigger or whatsoever but I need to stress on the fact that scans are just a gauge. I understand your worries but since gynae says take the wait and see approach, just have to do so.

Meanwhile, take more protein rich food like lean meats, soya bean products. And also, if you look at this chart, you are not too far off, don't worry: http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

Lilacz, me same as you for #1, also had problems direct latching and I think I had 3-4 times of engorgement lead to mastitis! This time I going to prepare myself. Bought the Purelan nipple cream plus the lansinoh soothies (like fever patch kind of thingies) to sooth the nipples... hope this time I will be successful bf!

Persevere! Let's encourage each other! Jia you mummy!

Lilacz, me same as you for #1, also had problems direct latching and I think I had 3-4 times of engorgement lead to mastitis! This time I going to prepare myself. Bought the Purelan nipple cream plus the lansinoh soothies (like fever patch kind of thingies) to sooth the nipples... hope this time I will be successful bf!

Persevere! Let's encourage each other! Jia you mummy!
I think the soreness of the nipples will only be mainly in the beginning when the nipples are sensitive. I also kenah mastitis twice last time round. This time round must be more careful.

Do u poo alot tis few days?i been lik that plus nauseous..

I got a bit of constipation so aft going toilet (manage to squeeze poo poo out) i kena cramps! :(

I started my round of anti bs due to strep b and aft 3 pills i lao sai like mad... :/ i know its cos of the anti b la- augmentin gives me the loo run!!!

my #1 was also like your case. Don't dwell too much k? At 38 weeks, I was told to be prepared that baby will come out about 2.1kg. She turned out 2.9kg. I'm not saying that yours will come out bigger or whatsoever but I need to stress on the fact that scans are just a gauge. I understand your worries but since gynae says take the wait and see approach, just have to do so.

Meanwhile, take more protein rich food like lean meats, soya bean products. And also, if you look at this chart, you are not too far off, don't worry: http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

Agree w little lamb on the guage part. Even my gynae said that when bb was the same weight on US - i asked him bb din grow for 2 whole weeks?! He said US weight is estimation.

Regarding weight, if we are small mummies its btr not to have those big babies... Later cannot squeeze out.

Me too.. I had a terrible experience with #1.. seems very hard for him to latch on, so mine was pumping.. In the end gotta mastitis and was hospitalised due to high fever before he was full mth, hence after that I gave up bfing.
Now I'm going to try again.. but really phobia le yet will feel guilty if I dun try.. sigh. . We all need to jia you.
Perhaps a support group for this is needed too!! Heehe

Lilacz remember to moisturize your nipples with nipple balm to help with the sore.. I was quite lucky my #1 latches well naturally so hopefully this round it could be same.

Hi mummies, I'm new here. Expecting my #2 baby boy in mid june and i need some help with bf tips as #1 did not successfully bf him. If I intend to bf bb fully, is it necessary for me to get a breast pump? I'm afraid my milk supply is little for bb..

Hi mummies, I'm new here. Expecting my #2 baby boy in mid june and i need some help with bf tips as #1 did not successfully bf him. If I intend to bf bb fully, is it necessary for me to get a breast pump? I'm afraid my milk supply is little for bb..
Hello! Are you a SAHM or FTWM? If FTWM and you intend to BF for long then yes getting a breast pump is a must so that you could continue to express milk while you're at work to maintain your supply. I would recommend a double electric pump so that you could cut down time taken for expressing as you'd probably be expressing every 3 hours.

If SAHM then you might want to get a manual pump or a single electric just to express in between time and those first few weeks to get your supply going. Hope this helps you :)

Hello! Are you a SAHM or FTWM? If FTWM and you intend to BF for long then yes getting a breast pump is a must so that you could continue to express milk while you're at work to maintain your supply. I would recommend a double electric pump so that you could cut down time taken for expressing as you'd probably be expressing every 3 hours.

If SAHM then you might want to get a manual pump or a single electric just to express in between time and those first few weeks to get your supply going. Hope this helps you :)

Alright, thanks fr the info. Will survey breasts pumps later! Hehe, im a sahm! :)

Back