(2014/08) August 2014

Hi mummies,

Anyone still at expo? Thinking of going later on at evening.. Anybody can share what you all buy? How's the crowd there now?

I'm on my way! Hubs say take train. Long journey for us! All mummies pls go home and cook dinner soon!

Friend said bundled deals are OOS..

didn't manage to get anything, only sign up for post-natal massage. IMO, only the star buys r worth it, but most sold out by the time I reach.

btw, I juz left, still very crowded. took so long not coz a lot of things to see/buy, but to squeeze thro the crowd!! really tough with a restless & fidgety toddler & black-faced hb..

Wow.. Then maybe I should go tmr early morning. As I heard they will replenish their stock everyday.

By the way, I'm Oct mummies. May I know normally when we will be able to know our baby gender? 1 of my friend manage to know her baby gender at her 15 week pregnancy. I do my routine with gynae on my 14 weeks but can't see gender yet..

didn't manage to get anything, only sign up for post-natal massage. IMO, only the star buys r worth it, but most sold out by the time I reach.

btw, I juz left, still very crowded. took so long not coz a lot of things to see/buy, but to squeeze thro the crowd!! really tough with a restless & fidgety toddler & black-faced hb..

Kopibeanie what is the deal for post natal massage? Can share?
Thanks

Kopibeanie what is the deal for post natal massage? Can share?
Thanks

I juz went back to baby bellies (the same one I had for #1), see the crowd no time & mood to compare. actually it's the same price as normal, juz that baby fair got free goodie bag & can buy prenatal at promo price.

@angel_loi - Could see my boy's private part at 12W5D. It was very visible. You should know at detailed scan at 20W!

Wow, that's early! My next appt is on my 18 weeks then follow by my detailed scan at 20 weeks. Still got 2 weeks more for my next appt.. Can't wait ler.. Like keep on countdown everyday..

@angel_loi - I think boy easier to spot la.. Open legs so big.. My friend confirmed hers until the detailed scan too.

Probably too.. Cz mine don't really open legs & at sitting position. I guess my gynae also do not want to confirm in early stage.

Your friend is baby boy or girl? Normally when we can start to have a 3D scan? During detailed scan?

Probably too.. Cz mine don't really open legs & at sitting position. I guess my gynae also do not want to confirm in early stage.

Your friend is baby boy or girl? Normally when we can start to have a 3D scan? During detailed scan?

3D scan is usually after 30+ weeks, when baby got more flesh.. I sign up for 3D scan with my gynae, so she'll usually do it during the routine scan at 32-36 weeks..

I hope to know earlier then I can start my shopping.. Lol! Can't wait till detailed scan on 20 weeks. Hopefully able to see something on my 18 weeks scan at end of this mth.
Gynae usually will not commit 100% on gender.. unless ur gynae very sure.. but detailed scan.. the person will confirm it

@shirleyten - Ya we are following the crowd to queue. The group in front of me is seriously irritating me. Added three people to the queue. I don't care if you're pregnant or not I'm also pregnant and that does not give you the right to add tom, dick or harry whenever you bump into someone.

@shirleyten - Ya we are following the crowd to queue. The group in front of me is seriously irritating me. Added three people to the queue. I don't care if you're pregnant or not I'm also pregnant and that does not give you the right to add tom, dick or harry whenever you bump into someone.

hahah. cool down cool down. think they r controlling the traffic flow to the hall so that it won't be so crowded inside. use this time to plan ur route & note the booth numbers of the booths u wanna visit so can be more efficient when u get in.

I already did that before I came! Highlighted and colour coded the shops too.
Went straight to the shops. Its not that crowded inside. I have already bought what I want except the hubs is still queuing at Medela to pay! Yay

I already did that before I came! Highlighted and colour coded the shops too.
Went straight to the shops. Its not that crowded inside. I have already bought what I want except the hubs is still queuing at Medela to pay! Yay

May I know what u buy at medela? Breastpump?

Also can chk out on the toddler pillow 29.90 but also have baby pillow free. This pillow has good reviews prevent flat head n neck n spine posture. Its at tommy tippee bootb but the queue is scary lor. Better go early mornin. No need queue to go in. Also can go buy confinement shampoo too. 20.70 for 2bottles. Don bring ur kids there it is too crowded. We preggy also mius b careful too

Also can chk out on the toddler pillow 29.90 but also have baby pillow free. This pillow has good reviews prevent flat head n neck n spine posture. Its at tommy tippee bootb but the queue is scary lor. Better go early mornin. No need queue to go in. Also can go buy confinement shampoo too. 20.70 for 2bottles. Don bring ur kids there it is too crowded. We preggy also mius b careful too

The pillow is from Clevamama right. I wanna get but sold out..

@kopibeanie - Read on Facebook that it takes 3 hours to make payment?!

If safety is a reason.. Organisers should consider having a 5 day long fair the next time.
@queeensg - yup yup...took us 3hrs to q for cashier @ Medela booth! both the q n the crowds are crazy! its even chaotic during afternoon.. better to go in the morning..

@Xp - I went at around 5ish! Got in around 6 plus. Queued outside for just over an hour. Medela queue took my hubs around 30 mins. Which was good cos I went to shop for my own maternity / nursing wear stuff, else he'd be so bored.

Glad to have made it out with the purchases I intended to buy! Plus queuing (outside and inside), we made it out in 2.5 hours!! Happy hubs, happy me!

Reactions: Xp
@Xp - I went at around 5ish! Got in around 6 plus. Queued outside for just over an hour. Medela queue took my hubs around 30 mins. Which was good cos I went to shop for my own maternity / nursing wear stuff, else he'd be so bored.

Glad to have made it out with the purchases I intended to buy! Plus queuing (outside and inside), we made it out in 2.5 hours!! Happy hubs, happy me!
@queeensq good for u! so much better than us loh! we went in @ 11.30..came out @ 4pm! totally exhausted! back n legs super suan!! N yes, we manage to get what we intended to buy..but i feel a bit wasted, coz no time n energy to really check out other booths... time wasted at q-ing for payment..

@shirleyten is that brand. But the queue was really long 2hours plus. I thk they make.ppl queue outside so tat the inside not so crowded n unorganised. Cos morning I went inside is so packed like u cant move much at all n the queue at tommy tipee is until from their booth to medela booth which Is crazy. Prob today things may b better more well controlled. N the pillows they may bring in the stock.

@queensg @ joyctansg yeap its that brand. . my niece is using and her head is indeed not flat. She is now 9 mths old. So I trust the pillow works. But it was sold out. The bundle consist of baby pillow and toddler pillow but was sold out at 2pm. So sad. . Saw ppl took more than 1 set.. and its only during fair they bundle it.. even Q10 sold out lor..

I tot it's not recommended to use a pillow for newborn?

my boy hugs & chews his pillows rather than lie on it..

Last edited:
Still so crazy on a hot Saturday noon?!
Think I better not go. Gonna miss this babyfair

Agreed! I'm not going too after so much negative feedback frm their FB. Things are not organize well & super long Q is the most hate things. Well, there will be another baby fair on June or July (forgot where) & August at expo agn. Not so rush yet..

I went yesterday... Got there early for breakfast and then went into the fair at about 11:10am.
Already there's long queues everywhere.. It's very crowded.. got stuck in the crowd, can't move..
There are quite a lot of parents who bring their babies along in strollers.. so mummies to be.. pls be careful.. they might knock into you unknowingly.
There are also a lot of people buying cartons of diapers and load up their trolleys.. It's quite dangerous to others as they try to maneuver among the crowds.
I left the fair after about 2 hours, didn't buy anything becoz the queue really crazy...
I think this is prob the 1st time and last time I will go to a baby fair..
Went to Baby Hypermart at Kaki Bukit after that.. can see things at my leisure and comfort.. =P

I went again today, indeed is less crowd, more organised and less chaotic. Even the individual stall seller commented today is much more smoother.
Managed to get clevamama baby pillow!! cos i din know its good review, saw many many people grabbing, so i follow and grab too! Most items restocked! :)

I went again today, indeed is less crowd, more organised and less chaotic. Even the individual stall seller commented today is much more smoother.
Managed to get clevamama baby pillow!! cos i din know its good review, saw many many people grabbing, so i follow and grab too! Most items restocked! :)

Hi, how much u bought it?

Back