Divorce Mummy

Any mum.. can share how they cope with their divorce life?? I m already divorced for 3 yrs... still not very used to single again... I got 2 kids n he visit them every fortnight. Nv really talk to him.. He always visit kids with his gf... kana of jealous... which I know I shouldn't. . But seeing other couples so sweet in the street... I juz can't help it to think why am I alone... It worst at night... Smt can't even slp well.

Hi xujingli
I am not a divorcee but I wish I were. I know how tough it is to handle 2 young children with someone to help as I do that most of the time in weekdays. My hubby help on weekends but we handle children without each other. We don't talk to each other so when he handle children, I will walk away. I rather divorce but my situation cannot. I feel lonely lots of time and can't wait fir the children to grow up then I can leave. Be strong.

Anything happen why not talking? Den on kids stuff dun even talk or discuss?

U waiting for ur kids to grow up den leave them? I m not sure sia I can nv leave my kids...

They r my everything now... They r the one that I hold on for... without them I dun no how I survive the betray n divorce. .

Just to share :

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 768
Treasure the bond with ur children, u wont regret it when they grow up. Esp the girl, since daughters r usually close with mums. My sis and i are very close with our mum, well as for my bro... Guy will be guy. Haha.

Yup I understand wat u mean... even at onli 4 yrs old whenever my girl see me do chores at hm she will want to help.. n always insist on helping... even though cant help much but it already touch me deep inside...

Smt juz dun like the looks of others... whenever we go out ppl will be like "wa u alone bring 2 kids out ah" I was like wats wrong with a mum bringing 2 kids out? N it's still sad whenever seeing other family so swt...

I feel bad for my kids I can't give them a complete family. ..

Mental strength is very impt, i believe children are able to sense it. Frankly speaking, whenever i see a mum bringing her young children out, i will feel proud of her. For instance, i have a friend who has a toddler, she will not bring her child out to meet me. She fears others will look upon her as a single mum, im thinking "wtf. Whats wrong."

For me, my husband has a busy schedule, he may need to meet his client anytime. So if i have a toddler, i cant wait to bring junior out by myself. Driving, shopping, eating etc. Maybe im used to be independent, due to my work n background.

Im sure there is a support group for divorced/single mum, mingle with them. Life is great by urself/with children. Dun think so negative. *Smile. Let me know if u need help.

Hi xujingli,

Dont worry about how others think. We cannot control what they want to say. Most importantly is to take good care of your kids. We can live without hubby but we cannot live without kids. They are so important to us. The father will never understand.

I was once a single mum and not even married. I delivered alone and without status when I am just 21 years old. The day I chose to give birth I know I will have face more issues later. My relatives will probably scold me and outsiders will say too. But we are stronger than what others think. You must live happily for your kids. My son has a happy childhood and I spend my time with him. Beside work I will be spending time with him. I wont really have time for myself to go out with friends. My other peers are enjoying their life but I enjoy my life in another way. After that I got married the first time when my son is 5 years old. And dont give up. There are still guys outside that dont mind us.

My son dont feel any inferior but readily accept this new father. ;) spend more happy mom7ents with your kids

Ya i think most men are self centred like everytime i had a quarrel with my husband, he will say my girl will follow him.....he should sleep with donkey.......really a male chauvinist talk big clever kind of person boo boo boo ha ha my girl ever since gave birth to her i have been looking after her and she is almost two. We mus show the men without them we also happy somemore we carried the child in our womb througout the difficult nine months so why mus we give up on the kids. You will never go wrong to have your children by your side.

Hi

I am a single mum with a 5 yr old boy.
On and off i also have that kind of feeling when i see others have a complete family.
But then i try to brush aside that thought...not to sound sour grapes.....but frankly, all families have their own problems, many may not be as happy as they seem outside.
Instead of envy others, i prefer to think that i am capable of managing on my own...bringing my son out and spending time with him...just the 2 of us.
I dont give a damn how others look at me....they cannot judge me., they dunno what i've been through.
I am proud of myself having come so far because i know i will be in worst shape if i had continue to be with my ex.
My son probably wont be happy too. So now i just work hard to provide the best for my son, bringing him out alone or with sometimes with friends...i want him to have a normal life like the other children or even better.
Think positively, you got your 2 lovely kids with you that is the most impt. Take good care of yourself too, enjoy life! Dont brood over what we cannot have, focus on what is in our hands. :)
Going hkg with my son next wk....so looking fwd to our first solo trip!

Hi,

I'm soon to be in the same position as you. After being lied to for 2 years and hanging on trying to make the marriage work my husband said he is ready to divorce. All he cares about are the kids but not me anymore. Its heart breaking and very painful and I cry every night after the kids are asleep. I have two boys and they are many years apart due to a miscarriage in the years between. One in primary school and one just two. I am like you. I feel very guilty for not being able to provide them a complete family especially after I work so hard to keep the family together and also trying to make the marriage work even after he cheated on me. I also feel very sad when I see the happy families out there, when I see man showering their family with his time and love and the whole family having happy family bonding time.

I also feel very sad when I think about the lonely days to come especially when the boys are all grown up and have their own life. I am also very scared about how to bring up the boys myself and provide them a good upbringing. Having a father that just wants to visits on weekends and not staying with them and caring for them on a day to day basis is just different. But the man will never understand. They value their new love, new freedom.
After slogging so many years for a family and also for the man, I thought I could at least have less worries and somebody to accompany me during old age but I guess I was too naïve.

I am not a strong woman by nature and don't have many friends. Its painful to be abandoned and even more painful to hear the man you marry tell you that you are nothing to him anymore. no more feelings. he just wants the kids. I don't know how to stop loving someone. How can I detach myself from this marriage so that I feel less pain? Whenever I think about him and his new gf or wife to be, I feel very sad and also very guilty towards my boys. I wonder why only the woman feels so but the man don't?

Hi RyanMelissa

I am not sure if their is any group for divorce mum.. Thanks for the advice.. I know its bad to keep having negative thinking.. n I am working hard to think positive.. just smt cant stand the look of ppl. when they start comparing their kids against my and start talking among themselves that this mum bring her kids out alone bla bla bla.. just wish they can leave me alone n dun discuss abt other ppl.. give me some space..

Hi mama_joanne

Thanks... I m trying to ignore the others n jus focus on my kids.. yup the guys will nv understand the bond between mum n kids... esp the feeling of having a baby inside us... they would nv understand it.. n I m always proud to tell my friends its a feeling guys would nv have.. the feeling when our kids first move inside us... its the best..

I am not sure about getting into another relationship and not very positive of guys able to accept me n my kids.. its my kids now that is the most important they must be able to accept him.. n also it wouldnt be juz us.. wat about his family.. chinese still have the stupid "surname" thinking..

During my div.. my ex can actually tell me he want my son and I can have my girl... I was like wtf.... n my ex dad still can say no matter wat cant give me his grandson.. lucky i have both my kids... if not i dont know wat will happen to my son sia.. grow up like his dad??? smt i cant image..

Hi Linwong

Totally agree with you... guys would nv understand the hardship we went through with our baby inside us.. Smt only we ladies would know..

Hi J55

Thanks, I will keep remind myself to think positive.. n enjoy my life.. Enjoy ur trip to HKG.. so far I only bring them go Genting whenever I can afford.. n seeing them having endless energy to play n I was already supper tired.. but its still very happy... seeing the smile in their face.. everything is worth it..

Hi pofy..

U have the same feeling as me... my div process was hell as I have 1 boy n girl at first he wanted both kids and hide them away from me as my girl was still very small when we file div she ended up in hospital... n found out from his relative... when i saw her at hospital she was all alone at the age of 1 at hospital with poo all over her crying like crazy... he throw her alone there so that ppl can look after her..

my boy i nv see for 3 mths only after court ordered him to let me see him.. the moment I saw him.. he totally forgotten me... refuse to even acknowledge me.. n worst still he keep look for the lady he have...

n i found out his affair when I m having our 3rd baby... n his affair coz me to lost my baby.. going through the miscarriage n div together is hell for me... reading his affidavit abt what he write abt me is even worst...

I even went to counseling n its was my kids that make me pull through all these... basically everyday is work n kids...

at night is the worst even till now i sometimes cant even slp... its hard getting used to slping alone... smt juz cant slp or keep waking up...

jus wish all these would end soon... he would leave me alone... smt i do wish i do not have a boy instead having a girl den maybe he wouldnt pester me so much till today... smt juz wish him dead... or at least that new gf of him to give me a boy den he would leave me alone..

its like endless trouble... no wonder the elderly always say.. nv find a wrong husband or u will regret for life...

Hello,

You are about the same as me then. I also find it very hard to sleep. Sometimes its like I didn't sleep the whole night or drifted in and out of sleep or I keep waking up. Sometimes its just plain not being able to sleep and I face the ceiling with a big hole in me, feeling super lonely and very painful. The past especially the happy times will float in and I will end up crying into my pillow.

Yes, its just work and kids and it seems this will be my life for the rest till I die.
With my routine, I hardly meet anybody new so the possibility of a new relationship won't happen. Even if I do meet new people, I don't think I will ever find another person whom I can connect like him. 20 years is a lot of time. perhaps for the man its easier but for the woman, to let go is never easy. to accept someone new is even harder especially now we have kids to think about too.

yeah. I married the wrong man. didn't know he can be so hard hearted and so cruel to me and the kids.
I also wish he would just leave me and kids alone. he wants his freedom and new woman and new life then he should just walk away. why still insists on wanting to see kids etc. what's the point?
When together as a family you don't treasure your time together. When no longer together then you come and fight for more time?

Sure, its easy to just visit on weekends and say that you have done your part as a parent still even after the divorce but we are all adults, we know that is not true.
For the kids, a complete family would be the best and for the man who make the decision to walk away from it all, weekend daddy is never the same as a day to day stayed in daddy to the kids. its not parenting, its part time parenting to make yourself feel better that you have done what you can for the kids. we all know its not enough. I always believe that relationship can be worked on if both put in an effort and when kids are involved, all the more as adults we should be responsible, not just think about ourselves, think of these little ones we give life to and should be responsible and do everything we can do make things right for them because we owe it to them. they are innocent. they didn't ask to be born. we gave them life so we should be responsible.

who doesn't want freedom, more personal time etc. who doesn't know that life is short and we should live the life we want? but should we forget about our responsibilities in our search for personal happiness? isn't it selfish to dump your responsibilities in such a manner? ultimately someone told me its his choice. he made the choice to break the family up. made the choice to go his own way. I can't force him to stay in the marriage because he has the right to choose, to make the decision. but it doesn't mean his decision is right. i just hope the kids when they grow up know how badly their father has hurt their mother and also how his wrongful act has hurt and broken up the family and grow up to be more responsible than their father. a man should never hurt a woman in such a manner. and i hope my children will one day appreciate the sacrifices i made for them in my lifespan no matter how short it is.

falling in love is easy they say, keeping a marriage is difficult. it requires effort. I guess its just too bad I married one who didn't feel the same anymore about marriage and family after his so called change in lifestyle, advocating for freedom, independence, no responsibilities and burdens and yes, new women.

Hi xujingli
was reading your note to pofy and wah... It's heartbreaking to see your girl alone and your boy and your 3rd child. . Very strong you are. I don't tak to my husband because we cannot talk. We will quarel. Its me who can't stand his style. He is always not gone and when at home. Watch tv only. Then why home? Go drinking then come home at 6am. He say he will change but again everyday I see something I cannot agree. There is no 3rd party for us but his life style which I dont like. I have dinner at home everyday alone with the children. Play with them alone. Bring them out alone ..Go school alone. No difference as single mum. What I meant is when they grow up, I will leave the man. Not the children. I will go for custody then. Life is tough as we always cryalone I know. I believe there are still good man out there but add I'm not divorced, I do not think I can ever have a nice person who share my family goal. My husband and me just have different style when come to marriage and family.

Hi pofy
agree with you. When we give birth to our children, we look forward to a look after the children together and definitely have to scarifice for them since they are young. I believe nothing is impossible if both tried and discuss things through. Well too bad, we are the few who are blinded by love then marry wrong. This makes me cry and why we deserve that.

Hello xujingli,

I hope you are ok. If need to chat, just come to the forum. I am also doing more of that now because there is no one else I can talk to. At least over here, I find it easier to talk as we are all anonymous yet we try to encourage each other and "listen" to each other.

A nice mummy actually started a conversation with me. Being able to chat about this issue somehow helps I feel. Talking over and over about it I hope can help me to resolve the pain I am experiencing and also hope I can come to terms with being a divorcee.

I am wondering if we are required to inform our employer when we get divorced? I know its pretty common now but I still feel there is a social stigma to it for the woman. I really feel very down when I think of having to cope with the gossips and worse of all when I think what my children will face in school I feel ever more sad and I end up crying my heart out.

Siman,

I also don't know why we deserve this. I did nothing wrong but gave my time and love to my husband and my family. And in the end, all I get is this big load of pain I am wondering how to cope and having to bring up my boys myself and putting them in this broken family situation.

I really wonder at times, what is the man thinking? Selfishness can be to such a stage? and I also wonder how can a woman ever want to be a family wreaker? perhaps I am too naïve but don't she have a conscience or is it because she has the youth and thus feel that she has the right to take what she wants? and this include breaking up a family? wow! you will feel good being with a man you know dump his wife and kids to be with you? this is really what both of them called forever love?

for her sake, I hope this forever love is worth it because she ruined the life of 3 innocent persons to obtain this snatched happiness and I believe in retribution. what goes around comes around.
for the father of my sons, I hope that this time round he really get his forever love because it came at the expense of 3 other persons he dumped. it would be a pity if the kids sacrifice their right to being with their father if he didn't get his so called forever love.
and I hope one day, when the time comes for us to reflect on our life and our doings, he will finally realised that he has done a great wrong, a great wrong he cannot never right because its too late and at least feel repentant.

Hello mummies,

I need some advice. Please pm me if you can share what is visitation or access and how it works. thank you.

Hello ladies, so sorry to hear about what you're going through right now. I hope and pray that in time all pain will go away and you'll be able to start fresh for a new chapter. The kids are wonderful though.

I think i will be the next one going for divorce soon. Everytime when i feel sad, the forum is always the best place to seek solace in. I feel tired but cant sleep and jus popped down two pills to ease my headache. I cant talk to him at all, he also said i am always thinking negatively so we cant see eye to eye with each other. I feel that it is not easy being a full time housewife. What do housewife like me do? Basically everyday, i tried to keep the house spick and span. Clearing the laundry, putting them to wash, hang it dry, collect fresh clothings and fold them. Prepare food for night cooking, make milk feed for child, change diapers, bath with my child, vacumn the floor, washing plates after meal, cleanng up the list goes on and on.......

Hi pofy,

Wat is a pathetic women? Someone like me who has gone through a divorce and now stuck with an unhappy marriage again. Have two children from first marriage but so stupid to give custody to the father. Now have a girl with me and also about to think of divorce...this is how i see myself a downright complete failure. The two children being with their paternal grandparents have drifted away from me and is only recently i tried to get n touch with them again. Went to school to find my boy and he found it a shame as he did not want friends to find out about what happened to his family. But i am still proud of him for having done well in his o levels and starting his year in a jc now. This is how i feel as a mum. So dun get despair as i see myself really a useless mum and should say the most failure mum om earth.....

Xujingli
I am going through the divorce and understand what you are going through. Even though it will be another 5 months that it will be finalized, even though we are still living under the same roof, but deep in the heart the hurt and loneliness will eat into you especially in the night. When I bring my daughter out, seeing how happy other families are made me feel so guilty and sad towards my daughter. But on the other hand, rather than focusing on the negative part, I am focusing on the positive side as I dont have to withstand his unreasonable behaviour and that my daughter will get the best of me (as I fell into depression of my 7 years with him). I believe that the loneliness feeling will still be there but remember the peace and calm that you will get to enjoy. You must remeber you guys are divorced so dun get upset over the fact that he has a new GF or even a new wife because its sooo not worth it! We can start a single mummy club here! Must be happy for our own sake!

Linwong
BEing a failure in marriage twice doesn't mean that you are a total failure as a mom. I am also going through my second divorce, the ony lucky thing for me was the first divorce no kids involved. The thing you should focus on will be your daughter as you will be going through a second divorce. Really must be emotionally strong as the harsh words from people hurt you. My mom was like 'huh the second time again?' even though she has seen how abusive my current spouse was. So be brave, please know that you are not alone!!!

Pofy
Who needs a husband?? We should have a support group and meet up and be good pals!

Linwong,

Stay positive. Reflect on yr past mistakes and what you could hv done better. What are the mistakes you hv learnt in first marriage? Did it repeat in the second marriage? If you make time to think about what led to divorce in the first marriage, maybe you can find the answer why you are unhappy in yr marriage. I am a sahm too, so I understand what you are going through. Do not look down on yrself. The last thing to do is to look down on yrself, tell yrself you can do better. Divorce shld always be the last resort, unless yr husband is physically abusing you. For people to respect you, you have to respect yrself and draw boundaries. learn to say no.

I hope you can solve yr problems soon. Chin up and be happy, nobody can make you happy, happiness is within you. Remember you have a choice. You can't change others but yrself.

Pofy
Yes. Sacrifice 3 persons! the ones are the children. My heart sank whenever my girl ask if I will be happy if his daddy stay at home. Also ask me why I marry him last time? Why I'm always unhappy when see daddy home and why I don't talk nicely to him.

Lin Wong
Being a house wife it's really no easy and I salute to you! I see how my mother being house wife sacrifice her own time, nice leisure and everything have to think what to cook and need to save money as well. Try to focus on your children.cannot see eye toeeye on things might be communication or raise in different background like me and husband now. Don't feel bad when you bring children out alone. I do that all the time! If don't bring children out, even more sad is I'm alone outside myself even worse, I rather have my kids around.

Breada77
Think I'm being depressed too. Thought of walking away one day, Cannot control my temper anyhow scold the children, angry about small things he do, replying the kids in wrong manner..I just want divorce .he want us to try for 6 months, I agree for the sake of being there fir the children. To each other, we know it's over.

Siman

I totally understand why you cannot control your temper. I have been like that when my relationship was on the rocks. I felt so guilty towards my daughter after scolding her. Thats when I realize being in a bad relationship brings the worst out of me and so I decided to call it off before this relationship kills me. Now even though we are still under the same roof, whatever he says or does really has no effect on me except with things regarding my kid. I no longer scold her out of anger towards her dad.
I went through one year of marriage counselling but it didnt help because things will be back to square one.
Our situation is pretty similiar, no communication, always not at home, even if at home just play tv games. I think you should suggest to him to see a counsellor, at least a few times and if it really didnt work out, at least you both tried. Try to stay positive.

Pofy

I totally agree they just want to give the judge the "Good hubby n father" image... My ex also fight with me till the few mins and say want to do this n that which the kids... I told him off in front of the judge... when together as a family u dun even bother to have dinner with us.. dun even bother if we have eaten den why bother now that we are divorce... dun give all these craps..

some ppl told me why nv try to ask him back when I found out he is involve with another lady... den i question them back... he is the one who chose another lady over me.. why should I beg him back?? Now is not the ancient time whereby ladies depend solely on man for income n everything.. I earn more than him... got a stable job.. he is the one who got fired everytime... so why should I beg him... he is the one who is wrong... he should beg me to forgive him.. which he totally dun admit..

I have keep all my divorce documents... I will let me kids read them when they grow up... they are human too.. they are able to tell right or wrong... my ex can keep talk bad about me to my kids... even on his weekend visit... but my kids know who love them most... now even at 4 n 5 yrs old smt they dont even want to go with him when he visit... but i got no choice i have to push them out of the hse if not would be court case for me... smt i just wonder why the stupid court have this stupid thinking of even after divorce father must be involved in the kids growing up... and have so many rules... dun they even think about whether the kids want it? about how we mummy feel after what their dad do to us?

Yup I also find it easier to talk here... I got let my boss know about my divorce as i keep need to go court to settle my divorce and now that i look after them... i need to attend to them more often when they are sick... I got a nice boss who understand so there isnt much stress on work for me..

sometimes i also wonder how the 3rd party can do this... do they really feel great breaking up ppl family?? still got the cheek to ask ppl kids to call them mum??? n her family can accept it as well??? I also believe in what does around come around they would have a taste of the hurt they did to us.... smt is also what our "HB" told them about us... they might be the one who is talking how evil we are ...

Siman

sry to hear what u have been through... have u tired talking to him? even though i m divorce i still have some hope to find someone that truely treasure me as who I am but I know it is hard now that i have 2 kids with me.. that person i find must get along well with them first before i would consider n also his family must accept.. which i find it hard to find...

just my thought he might be escaping something in the house that is happening that you are not aware? there should be a reason for everything..

I came by the hard way.. n its my parents n my kids to help me pull through the whole divorce thingy n lost of my baby... there is a time where my parents is so worried about me doing stupid things.. coz during my divorce there is the news of a mum jump down with her kid at bedok there... coz of the stress in divorce.. just dun want them to worried so i have to be strong... for those that love me..

Linwong

u r a full time housewife coz of kids?? smt find some stuff to do... how old is ur kids?? with the new subsidiary.. n family income cap at S$7.5k child care is cheaper now.. do consider smt else to do... dun lock urself up at home..

slowly build back the bond with ur kids... i did that when my ex hide my boy at 3 yrs old n totally forget about me... it breaks my heart.. but i manage to build back the bond with my boy... its hard now as ur boy is at JC... but they will feel the love in u have for them... jia you..

Brenda77

Yup.. i keep remind myself on the positive stuff too... as in the past i have to look after my kids myself.. but my at least my parents helps me... so i can concentrate on my work more n not having to keep take leave to attend to my kids.. n rushing to child care to pick my kids... life for me is better now.. smt my parents help me look after n i can have time with my friends also.. no more my old life of me looking after kids everyday n my ex is the one who goes out to enjoy..

I agreed with u.. when ppl ask I just say I m divorced.. n they would be like sorry for that.. i just tell them.. there is nth to be sorry about.. its just a status.. n not ur fault why u r apologizing to me coz i m divorced... i divorced coz my ex hb sucks.. so nth to sorry about.. should be thx god i finally leave him... n start a new life myself now..

Siman

my kids ask me too... even though i know its not a question a 4 yr old kid will ask... i tell them.. this is between us not for u to worry about.. when u grow older than I will explain to u what i been through... the question my kids ask is actually do i still love "dad" which i find it funny at their age do they really know what is love?? its juz hurts me on what my ex is doing to my kids...

i do also smt vent anger on my kids when i m feeling down... i feel super bad... n keep remind myself not to do that again... juz hurts when i see my kids cry...

we really should start a club here... hav some outing.. enjoy ourselves... why should our life be turn upside down n full of tears coz of those ass ppl out there n they r enjoying their life.. they dun deserve our tears at all...

xujingli
Totally agree with you. Every bad experience will mould us into better and stronger woman. You are blessed to have help from your parents, my parents are still working and we are staying apart so I have to be the one woman show but I am happy! Just wish that the process can be faster so that I can move out and get my own flat.

You have two lovely kids so fair and pretty/handsome!

Brenda77

My parents too are working but I send my kids to full day child care and I m staying with them thats why they are able to assist me in looking after also... even though i m divorce for like 3 yrs i think.. my hse is not yet settle n my ex still staying there.. thats why i m not able to get a hse on my own... sending him to court again to get him out of the hse and get rid of the hse...

i find u all really brave & strong. i've one child and have been pondering the issue of divorce for ages (since she was born).

my legal partner merely exists on paper - i never see him around. i'm torn between leaving & giving my baby a complete home. and it makes me really miserable...

Arete
Im not brave and i really long for someone who cares. However, given our situation, we just have to be strong to lift us up. Im not divorce and we have drag for years. Im miserable like you and actually hate weekends when i need to see him. He goes out as when he like leaving children with me. Or we take turn to stay in room when 1 party is with children. Quite meaningless for adult but hanging for children

Hi ladies I just hope I can find out more of how the seperation and divorce process be like? And the cost and also the flat. Thanks!

Hi ladies I just hope I can find out more of how the seperation and divorce process be like? And the cost and also the flat. Thanks!

Hi ladies,

I happened to see this thread.

Although I have not divorced, but my life is just like a single mummy. I look after my 2 gals all by myself. Ever since they were born, I take care of their all expenses like milk powder, diapers, food, childcare fee , seeing doctor when they are sick etc. their father only contribute the $ when he has extra.

Only 2 yrs ago, he changed job and he is in-charged of paying the gals' childcare fee and I am still paying for most of the gals' expenses like enrichment fee.

Weekdays, we will meet at the gals' school to pick them, go home cook dinner and after that I will sit with the gals to do their work. He does not help at all, he just lie on the bed to play his iPad, hp. Even sometimes, I cannot handle both at one time, he also dun help. His eyes still cannot leave his iPad. Even having dinner together, he must put his hp beside him and when the incoming msg, he will read it. I have been telling him that can you put your phone away for just half an hour. He just gives me a lot of excuses. I am tired already.

We have been sleeping in different room for almost 4 years. I am sleeping with the gals. Last few years, I will always cry to sleep and I usually complain to my mum or my bro. But there is no point to say abt him. He does not feel anything wrong of himself. He is just think or care about his own stuff. He just leaves everything to me.

In order to support the gals' expenses, I need to hold 2 jobs. He also dun feel anything. When he is sick, he can tell me to handle the gals by myself and when I was sick, does he help to take care of the gals. Answer is no.

I really want to divorce with him but many ppl said as long he does not have affair outside, try to endure him. But hard to stay with this kind of ppl under one roof. I also seldom talk to him becos he dun bother at all.

Even my mum in hospital, he also dun bother to visit her and he dun bother my family one.
Even when the gals play toys, he dun even play with them, still lying on the bed eyes on the iPad. What is the use of having this guy at home.

Hi Ladies

I am a single mom. I have just recently finished my divorce case and it took 2 years plus to complete.

That period was the most painful in my life cause I need to attend courts and family counselor. Luckily I have family, supportive boss, and colleagues support me.

It's not easy but I manage to go through it. I don't encourage you to go for divorce but if there's a way to save the marriage you should do it.

However if you see that there's nothing to hold on the marriage, would rather going for divorce. I always remember what my boss told me. Think about your own happiness. If you are happy you can make people surround you happy as well. It's wrong to think that so long my family is happy, I will be happy. You can happy in surface but not in your heart. You should know yourself better than other people.

Not easy to become single mother but I am happier now

Cheers

Divorced for slightly less than a year nw, with 2 boys, 2 and 4, and having time of my life.
Cheer up mummies! we can do it! =)

mangohope, your questions are too broad.. it depends on whether it's contested/non-contested, divorce/separation, parties' agreement wrt house, maintenance etc. It's about 3k for lawyer's fees for uncontested divorce

Hi single mummies.. really not easy being alone. May I know when u all say happier now and having the time of your life, does it mean u all r dating or something? What do u do when u have free time?

we really should start a club here... hav some outing.. enjoy ourselves... why should our life be turn upside down n full of tears coz of those ass ppl out there n they r enjoying their life.. they dun deserve our tears at all...

cant agree more. if there is such a club, please count me. I am a single mum also with two children. I fully understand all the feelings that you have gone through. Those men are not worth our attention even a single second. we should focus more on our kids and ourselves. once we can settle the finance matters, i dont think there is much problem. to me, a peaceful single family is much much more better than a fake 'complete' family. we must be strong. when i stay alone, i will do reading and blogging, it is really help. i also keep myself learning new things such as painting. now i have used to be alone already and enjoy the moment mostly. it just takes time. as a good mother, we really deserved a happier life.

Strong mummy82, I'm enjoying the time I don't have to see his face when I need to consult abt anything, freedom to do anything w little qualms. It's like being single all over again but with 2 cuties ard for company

Sammizh, you may wish to PM me your fb contact

2_princesses
I totally understand your position. Im in similar case as you. Although my hub does help a little but that was after my black face. I want to divorce as I think since I can handle my 2 kids myself and have been alone and can live without talking to.him, why shouldI stay on with a stranger at home. .. we are putting up to each other because my in law do not agree to D.

Back