(2014/08) August 2014

Thanks @leanne and @Seaturtle

@Seaturtle - I also get phlegm when I take oranges. So switched to kiwi fruit for my vitamin C!

maybe it's cos I have asthma, citrus fruits dont' really agree with me. I also get phelgm when I eat kiwi fruit :(, so one less choice. I stick to apples and papaya for safe bet. Strangely orange juice doesn't set off my asthma that badly so I resorted to it.

Hey!! Me too...I crave for orange almost everyday. Till my aunt told me it might cause phlegm in baby, so I took only once a week now.

I also crave very much for orange.. Cos the smell and taste is so refreshing.. But I don't eat or drink. Yes, I have very strong believe that will cause phlegm.
When I haven #01, I didn't take a single orange. God bless, my boy is coming 2yrs now. He didn't really cough or have any phlegm before till now even now he eat quite abit sweet/fried food. And eat biscuits and all rubbish everyday..

Even for my husband, he used to cough with phlegm like every other month as he takes orange juice every morning. I asked him try stop drinking.. Apparently he don't cough now..
So I believe too much oranges may cause phlegm. Maybe also depends on individual body la...

I have bern satisfying my craving for carbonated drunks by mixing sparkling water with ribena ... quite tasty
yah...sparkling ribena is nice! you mixing yourself! those selling at shelf is more gassy at the beginning but now less gassy not so nice already. I may try to mix it myself too! thanks for the idea :D

mine at 388g during 20w detailed scan and I was told she's on the bigger/heavier side! she's got long legs as well which is expected cos both hubs and I are on the tall side. I'm 1.68 and hub's 1.82 :)

I like girls to be shorter. 1.63-1.65 is ideal. Anything more too tall. I find myself towering over others and limited choices when it comes to heels.

They didn't pass me a copy of that.
Leanne.. ur gynae didn't pass u a copy of ur detailed scan? Its for u to keep. Fot mine, during detailed scan in TMC they won't pass to me too. They will send to my gyane and my gyane will go through with me. Then only the report is passed to me.

Last edited:
My girl weighed 430g at my 21 weeks scan with Prof Ananda.. he didn't mentioned any concerns though..

Hmmm.. Earlier in the thread I said I was advised to slow down on weight gain. Baby's measurements either exceeded the percentile range (for head especially) or at the peak of the range. Hence, large baby!

I'm also afraid later baby too big, during birth have difficulties la.. But like the rest of the mummies said.. Health is most important!! Eat well!

I did my detailed scan at parkway east as i am delivering there..they passed me the report with a copy of cd with the scanned pics. Then i gave my gynae a set of the report my next visit le

I did at Thomson diagnostic ultrasound centre. They passed me two reports for OSCAR and detailed scan. Hmmm.. If you buy insurance you need to produce the reports too. Unless they get from your gynae directly.

hey ladies do show what you have bought at the fair. I can't go this time cos hubby going overseas for work. Looking forward to see what you ladies have bought!

anyone going to the baby fair this wkend? what do u intend to buy?

Me! Going tmrw!

Looking at cot, stroller, car seat.
Maternity/nursing wear, breast pump, breast milk storage bags (friend said v cheap!). Also thinking of buying the swaddler that's on offer. Haha

Hihi same here going to baby fair to buy playpen n baby clothes..

What clothes? Are they cheaper? I bought onesies online from ON and Carter's cos they are so much more expensive to buy in SG.

For baby wear at home clothes - can buy from neighbourhood shops, no?

My confinement nanny told me to buy some cheap diapers for newborn. But I think its a bit too early to do so. Any of you buying diapers too?

@Seaturtle - yup I bought from the spree forum here. Per piece around $5usd before shipping? Heh. Cute lor. I bought all those with cheeky words on them. Carter's onesies are better quality in my opinion. The alphabets are stitched on and not printed on like ON.

Buy bigger sizes better so can wear longer as they grows very fast . And moreover in my experience those kimono tie strings shirts more easier to put on for them when they r at home. Rompers jus buy few pcs nice ones for them to wear out as most of time they b at home . So prob can invest lesser on too many rompers.

just arrived at expo, still finding car park. the traffic & car park is horrible!! traffic going at abt 3-5km/h & car park is full!!

I suggest all mommies dun come to expo! Its crazy.. everything sold out and the cashier queue is OMG. Cannot describe at all.. I didn't get to see what I wanna see nor the booth number is easy to access.. wah kao!

just arrived at expo, still finding car park. the traffic & car park is horrible!! traffic going at abt 3-5km/h & car park is full!!

Heard from my friends too! Hope you managed to get in! I've decided I'll go around dinner time. Hope the mummies would have gone home to cook by then haha!

I suggest all mommies dun come to expo! Its crazy.. everything sold out and the cashier queue is OMG. Cannot describe at all.. I didn't get to see what I wanna see nor the booth number is easy to access.. wah kao!
Oh my! I was abt to make my way there.
Thanks for ur update sia.
Sigh. Looks like no go today.

Back