IVF with KKH (Dr Matthew Lau)

Meilingg, I just received the stack of bills. Btw is the hcg blood test paid by cash? I just received a separate bill for payment of the hcg blood test last fri. Tot it shld be medisave too?

Yep, pls see doc. Probably they will do some scanning etc..but also dun get too worried.

My tcm doc agreed that it's v bloated and says its gas. Ask me to put ru yi you and hope to b able to fart out.

I not too sure whether should put the ru yi you. Is it really ok to use that on my tummy now?

Or any method to share with me to release the wind?

Meilingg, I just received the stack of bills. Btw is the hcg blood test paid by cash? I just received a separate bill for payment of the hcg blood test last fri. Tot it shld be medisave too?
Cheerywalnuts got her bills.. mine should be on the way.. :D:D:D
How much is the hcg blood test? Or was it the additional test for ohss?

Oh u didnt make payment that day? I was told to go clinic d and pay for it

Lol I didn't! No one told me haha so I tot claim from medisave too haha
Hcg was $38.. plus other test for ohss $126 in total.
Sumiko83, u also din pay tt day? :D

My tcm doc agreed that it's v bloated and says its gas. Ask me to put ru yi you and hope to b able to fart out.

I not too sure whether should put the ru yi you. Is it really ok to use that on my tummy now?

Hi, I've been using ru yi you on my tummy area above my belly button. For my case, it's body fluid, not gas. So it doesn't help but I just like putting it. :D just don't apply it on your lower abdomen.

And the nurse very kiasu eh. Today i registered at tps. Asked me m i going to deliver at kkh.
Then ask me sign one form... The bcg injection for bb~ lol.

Signed alr i still tell my hubby i only 8 weeks not 8mths sia... So early must sign...
Serious.. so kiasu. . Lol.. want to book u and bb first. Hahaha..

Daja, I actually drink gatorade and salty food to reduce the bloatness. Cos read online tt it helps the fluid to go into blood steam instead of leaking into abdominal cavity. Hope it helps

Lol~
Then cannot blame both of u cos nobody ask u to pay~~~

Wah the ohss test not cheap wor...

Oh ya, dr lau told me during pregnancy, we will sees him once a mth...
Yalor.. Everything also expensive. But lucky have govt subsidy.

So this 7 wks waiting will be the longest? No more scans in between?

And the nurse very kiasu eh. Today i registered at tps. Asked me m i going to deliver at kkh.
Then ask me sign one form... The bcg injection for bb~ lol.

Signed alr i still tell my hubby i only 8 weeks not 8mths sia... So early must sign...
Meaning now must cfm delivery package already?

Daja, I actually drink gatorade and salty food to reduce the bloatness. Cos read online tt it helps the fluid to go into blood steam instead of leaking into abdominal cavity. Hope it helps

Cherrywalnuts and sumiko,
Thanks for ur tips!
I'll drink 100 plus to see if it helps.
Will try the ru yi you also.

Yalor.. Everything also expensive. But lucky have govt subsidy.

So this 7 wks waiting will be the longest? No more scans in between?

Ya loh. This is the longest. In between only going to do the oscar test which is the down syndrome screening.

So i see dr lau again on 4th june. Scanning will done in his room.

He wanted to see me 8 weeks later but his nurse reminded him that he is going on leave. Then july 10th i go adc scan then go tps see him...

Checkup over~

Today at amc did abdominal scan... Bb 7.8 weeks. 14mm...

My EDD is 27/11/14. Dr Lau calculate based on egg retrieval. Which also count from the first day of my menses...

I asked him abt the bb growing too low at the cervix and he said not a problem at all. Now bb growing well. Ask me to eat normal but no raw food.

He will sees me in 7weeks time. Time being i will go for my down syndrome test and other doc will assess me. Waiting for them to call and confirm the date...

Total damage for today $232.09.
meilingg did Dr. Lau say is a compulsory to do the down syndrome test?

No. He said not compulsory. He said some couples dont want to know cos they dont mind if their child got down syndrome.

Testing is to check if we got any risk. If high risk more testing will be done and also might need to proceed or abandon the pregnancy.
but did he say got high risk of miscarriage?

Ya loh. This is the longest. In between only going to do the oscar test which is the down syndrome screening.

So i see dr lau again on 4th june. Scanning will done in his room.

He wanted to see me 8 weeks later but his nurse reminded him that he is going on leave. Then july 10th i go adc scan then go tps see him...
so the next visit u will be in your 2nd trimester le :D Haha good already scheduled the date for next subsequent visit so actually no need to see gynae so many times in total. ;)

No. He said not compulsory. He said some couples dont want to know cos they dont mind if their child got down syndrome.

Testing is to check if we got any risk. If high risk more testing will be done and also might need to proceed or abandon the pregnancy.
Oic... I feel it's better to check for the good of mum and child.

can pregnant women eat cup noddles?
Once a while I think shld be ok.

Maybe when got craving, get those koka non fried ramen noodles from ntuc? :D they look just like instant noodles. No diff after cooking curly noodles but I think much healthier :D

Blanch the chicken/pork/prawns separately.

Boil the water. (If u find preparing fresh chicken stock is a hassle) Just put in a cube of Know soup based cube (depending what type of flavour u like; chicken/tomyam/ikan bilis/ for pork (only sold in thailand)). Put in noodles then vegetables and fresh shiitake mushrooms. Then put in the meat blanched earlier. Serve and add spring onions, sesame oil and pepper.

Very easy to prepare. Can use on other type of noodles like 幼面, yellow noodles etc. All can buy from ntuc or noodles stall in fresh mkt :D if u worry the noodles will affect the taste, cook them separately just like outside noodles stall then pour the soup over once ready :D

Last edited:

Maybe when got craving, get those koka non fried ramen noodles from ntuc? :D they look just like instant noodles. No diff after cooking curly noodles but I think much healthier :D

Boil the water. (If u find preparing fresh chicken stock is a hassle) Just put in a cube of Know soup based cube (depending what type of flavour u like; chicken/tomyam/ikan bilis/ for pork (only sold in thailand)). Put in noodles then vegetables and fresh shiitake mushrooms. Serve and add spring onions, sesame oil and pepper.

Very easy to prepare. Can use on other type of noodles like 幼面, yellow noodles etc. All can buy from ntuc or noodles stall in fresh mkt :D
I'm feeling hungry now.... :p:p:p

Morn cheerywalnuts. . I slept better last night. But All other symptoms remain.

Anyway, have a great long weekend, everyone! :):):)
Glad to hear tt u have a better night rest :D are u still taking isotonic drinks? I just reload another batch of gatorade yesterday. :) now taking 1 bottle per day to replace the electrolytes as I still do sweat alot especially during the meals and night.

Have a great wkend too!!

Niece can go baby fair at expo! Too early for us.. Looking forward to the oct fair to get diapers! Hehe

Last edited:
Glad to hear tt u have a better night rest :D are u still taking isotonic drinks? I just reload another batch of gatorade yesterday. :) now taking 1 bottle per day to replace the electrolytes as I still do sweat alot especially during the meals and night.

Have a great wkend too!!

Niece can go baby fair at expo! To early for us.. Looking forward to the oct fair to get diapers! Hehe
Yep still drinking.. replace the intake of water alrd. I also got my hubby to buy chicken biscuits. :D

so the next visit u will be in your 2nd trimester le :D Haha good already scheduled the date for next subsequent visit so actually no need to see gynae so many times in total. ;)

Ya loh... I think he feels seeing him too many times is waste of $. And once a month then can see more significant growth of bb.

Oh ya the nurse told me that need to take tests for hiv etc. told her i took during ivf she say must take again. When i go in and ask dr lau, he say dun need dun waste $. If they ask again, say dr lau said dun need.

Last edited:

Have a great wkend too!!

Niece can go baby fair at expo! Too early for us.. Looking forward to the oct fair to get diapers! Hehe

Go bb fair sure alot of familiar faces! Now not the time lol... Although i feel like walk walk see see...

Ya loh... I think he feels not seeing him too many times is waste of $. And once a month then can see more significant growth of bb.

Oh ya the nurse told me that need to take tests for hiv etc. told her i took during ivf she say must take again. When i go in and ask dr lau, he say dun need dun waste $. If they ask again, say dr lau said dun need.
Huh why need to take hiv test so many times??? Funny lei why the nurse like to take our blood lol

Boil the water. (If u find preparing fresh chicken stock is a hassle) Just put in a cube of Know soup based cube (depending what type of flavour u like; chicken/tomyam/ikan bilis/ for pork (only sold in thailand)). Put in noodles then vegetables and fresh shiitake mushrooms. Then put in the meat blanched earlier. Serve and add spring onions, sesame oil and pepper.

Very easy to prepare. Can use on other type of noodles like 幼面, yellow noodles etc. All can buy from ntuc or noodles stall in fresh mkt :D if u worry the noodles will affect the taste, cook them separately just like outside noodles stall then pour the soup over once ready :D
so yummy

Ya loh... I think he feels not seeing him too many times is waste of $. And once a month then can see more significant growth of bb.

ya.. that time dr. lau say if the nurse ask to take the test or the test that we all start before ivf, tell them no need to take liao.. cos we took it before.. ask them to check our records..

Huh why need to take hiv test so many times??? Funny lei why the nurse like to take our blood lol

Ya la i still say i do ivf that time do liao she say must do again. Dr lau say dun need to do so many times waste money...

Oh ya dr lau will ask what blood group are we. I forgot mine so during down syndrome test they will check my blood group too.

Ya hubby say is good to check for the sake of bb. If touch wood high risk, then dun let the bb comes to this world and torture him or her. Cos if we not ard already, how can the child take care of himself or herself.
Yap fully agree have the same tots too

Back