IVF with KKH (Dr Matthew Lau)

Still got half tin. Stop since feeling bloated and feel sick of the smell. Now switch to milo and I'll add few spoonful of oats. :D but once my bloatedness is off, I'll continue to drink and finish up bah. The milk powder not cheap too.

yup yup.. ex also... the taste is abit weird thou...

black chicken soup can drink ah?

so nice... my hubby never cook one...
Yap like chicken soup cos mum bought the black chicken and teach dh how to cook. Actually very easy. Blanch the chicken first to remove excess oil. Then place the chicken and other ingredients in a pot, add in water until chicken fully cover by water. Add salt. Boil it for an hour in low heat and it's ready to serve :)

Are u all still taking chicken essence? dh taking with me so finish faster Haha

Yap like chicken soup cos mum bought the black chicken and teach dh how to cook. Actually very easy. Blanch the chicken first to remove excess oil. Then place the chicken and other ingredients in a pot, add in water until chicken fully cover by water. Add salt. Boil it for an hour in low heat and it's ready to serve :)

So far my mil only made chkn essence without any herbs for me. Sometimes she used kampong chkn and sometimes black chkn. She wants me to share with hubby but I'll only left few sips for him. Lol..
I still have a box of brands chkn essence but stopped drinking after my bloatedness.

So far my mil only made chkn essence without any herbs for me. Sometimes she used kampong chkn and sometimes black chkn. She wants me to share with hubby but I'll only left few sips for him. Lol..
I still have a box of brands chkn essence but stopped drinking after my bloatedness.
I still drink during bloatness cos of the protein that will help in ohss :) as I stopped the egg whites.

sound yummy~~~~

ya, i still got a few bottles left... but i like only drink one bottle a week now...

so nice... still got soup to drink...
i have to cook myself if i want to...

Cheerywalnuts always very early.. like not sleeping.. haha.. :D I emailed Dr lau ytd about my ohss. He said hopefully the symptoms will go off in another 2 weeks. :eek:

All the best, meiling. Keep us update later. :)
Sumiko83 good morning! Hope u had a good rest last night :D
Yes I did but used to waking up very early do business then go back to sleep lol...
How are u feeling today? Bloatness started to subside gradually?

Sumiko83 good morning! Hope u had a good rest last night :D
Yes I did but used to waking up very early do business then go back to sleep lol...
How are u feeling today? Bloatness started to subside gradually?
Gd morn cheerywalnuts! Nope didn't sleep well as usual. Me too, wake up early to purge out waste. Lol..
I guess my ohss is very stubborn and will not go away this week. :rolleyes:

Gd morn cheerywalnuts! Nope didn't sleep well as usual. Me too, wake up early to purge out waste. Lol..
Haha we had quite alot in common.
Just in case u need more MC, did u ask dr lau if he can just issue to u or need to go o&g? :)
Yah ohss can be quite stubborn nv encounter nv know how was it like. 遇到了才知道它的厉害... 太可怕了.. Shoo shoo go away...

Last edited:

hi sumiko,
my blood test was also on tue and now on duphaston.
i was not tested for ohss as i had less than 10 eggs being retrieved.
on and off my tummy was bloated but i didnt worry about it as the bloatedness will go away if i drink enough water/ fart.

however, i realised ever since i stopped the progesteron and switched to duphaston, my tummy will be very very bloated from lunch onwards.
my left side will swell much more than the right side. my tummy looks slanted to the left as left side is much more bloated.
no pain but i need to bend my back when i walk. if i dont bend my back, i will feel the pull/ strain on my bloated tummy.

do u/ anyone else have similar experience?

hi sumiko,
my blood test was also on tue and now on duphaston.
i was not tested for ohss as i had less than 10 eggs being retrieved.
on and off my tummy was bloated but i didnt worry about it as the bloatedness will go away if i drink enough water/ fart.

however, i realised ever since i stopped the progesteron and switched to duphaston, my tummy will be very very bloated from lunch onwards.
my left side will swell much more than the right side. my tummy looks slanted to the left as left side is much more bloated.
no pain but i need to bend my back when i walk. if i dont bend my back, i will feel the pull/ strain on my bloated tummy.

do u/ anyone else have similar experience?
Hi daja, u are so lucky tt u escape the ohss ordeal. Did u check with the nurses from the kkivf clinic or your doc if your symptoms are normal?

The ivf nurse says bloated is normal but when I tell her left side swells more n my tummy is slanted to left side, she ask me to walk in to 24hrs clinic to let doc assess. I have tcm appointment tonight to top up my an tai yao. Not enough time to go both places and tml is holiday, the tcm clinic won't b open.

I'm getting more n more worried cos yesterday afternoon onwards started the bloatedness till this morning sudside a little and now after lunch is very bloated again.

I just checked my weight. Dropped back to normal :)

Daja, I also suffered ohss during tww. The swelling was all around my body. just recovered from it. No problem with duphaston. I agree with sumiko. Maybe u shld check with the nurses.

I just checked my weight. Dropped back to normal :)

Daja, I also suffered ohss during tww. The swelling was all around my body. just recovered from it. No problem with duphaston. I agree with sumiko. Maybe u shld check with the nurses.

The nurses ask me to go to 24hrs clinic to let doc assess.

I think I'll go for my tcm appointment to get the an tai yao n see if my tcm doc got any views. If tml still one side swelling, I'll go down to kkh

The nurses ask me to go to 24hrs clinic to let doc assess.

I think I'll go for my tcm appointment to get the an tai yao n see if my tcm doc got any views. If tml still one side swelling, I'll go down to kkh
Yep, pls see doc. Probably they will do some scanning etc..but also dun get too worried.

Checkup over~

Today at amc did abdominal scan... Bb 7.8 weeks. 14mm...

My EDD is 27/11/14. Dr Lau calculate based on egg retrieval. Which also count from the first day of my menses...

I asked him abt the bb growing too low at the cervix and he said not a problem at all. Now bb growing well. Ask me to eat normal but no raw food.

He will sees me in 7weeks time. Time being i will go for my down syndrome test and other doc will assess me. Waiting for them to call and confirm the date...

Total damage for today $232.09.

Checkup over~

Today at amc did abdominal scan... Bb 7.8 weeks. 14mm...

My EDD is 27/11/14. Dr Lau calculate based on egg retrieval. Which also count from the first day of my menses...

I asked him abt the bb growing too low at the cervix and he said not a problem at all. Now bb growing well. Ask me to eat normal but no raw food.

He will sees me in 7weeks time. Time being i will go for my down syndrome test and other doc will assess me. Waiting for them to call and confirm the date...

Total damage for today $232.09.
Great!!! Bb is growing well.. :D is it a compulsory test for down syndrome? Or bcos of your age? U aren't that overage mah..

Back