2WW - for those TTC-ing

Ladies,

Can I join and ask you for help when I don't know the exact date of my O day.
I have a bad long period of irregular menses and am unable to tell which day of ovulation!
Menses starting on 2/4 and ending 8 days later. I tried opk strips from that day till now and it still doesn't tell my "O" day. What's wrong or did I use wrongly on testing opk?

Can any of you experienced sisters, give me the helpful advise? I am hoping to conceive naturally real soon as I am already 40 years old. Am I the oldest sister here?

TIA!

miracle baby, i think u are too gan chiong. Ur first day of mense is 2 Apr.... today only 16 Apr, that makes it CD 15. Some pple don't even O until CD 22 or 23. For my own case, i usually O on CD 16 very regularly, but this mth due to some minor issue become O 4 days later on CD 20, How many days is your cycle normally? U should just keep testing daily until u get a positive, it should be soon if your cycle is a 30 to 35 day cycle.

checking cm is useful because cm can tell u when are about to O.... clear stretchy mucus that look like egg white is most fertile, so if u see it u shud expect to O soon. BBT if u chart.... a distinct rise in temp for 3 days or more will tell u that u O on the day before the temp rise. All these are just signs u can use to pinpoint BD dates more accurately.

Hi chloe,
I scared I miss "O" day and then, too late lor ... so kiasu hehe. Well cuz of my cycle problem, I can't tell 28,32 or 40 days.
That is my big trouble. sometimes missing menses months or long period menses!
Two hours ago at toilet, I got sticky discharge and thought it is O day today. Tested and nope it is not. Very confusing!
So I need you and other sisters to teach me.

miracle baby, u can consider visit a tcm or gynae to check if there is a reason for your irregular menses, because it is harder to test for O if your cycle not regular. Alternatively, u can just bd on alternate days during CD12 to CD 22 because that is on average the period that most pple O.... but that is more tiring la haha cuz really need to be consistent.

Hi chloe,
I scared I miss "O" day and then, too late lor ... so kiasu hehe. Well cuz of my cycle problem, I can't tell 28,32 or 40 days.
Two hours ago at toilet, I got sticky discharge and thought it is O day today. Tested and nope it is not. Very confusing!

have u seen any gynae for ur irregular case? i suggest u to buy clear blue opk but expensive ... at least dont need to keep guessing =S

Lemon tart, yes is me!! Cos i the recep auntie also say want to see handsome man ... lols..
After calling twice i forgot to call her back n ask tsb abt my case.. n she called me!! She say is normal no blood clots cos her med is disperse the clots but i told her my qty of blood not much..she say maybe this month lining thin.. hopefully is what she say .. haixxxx

Ladies,

Can I join and ask you for help when I don't know the exact date of my O day.
I have a bad long period of irregular menses and am unable to tell which day of ovulation!
Menses starting on 2/4 and ending 8 days later. I tried opk strips from that day till now and it still doesn't tell my "O" day. What's wrong or did I use wrongly on testing opk?

Can any of you experienced sisters, give me the helpful advise? I am hoping to conceive naturally real soon as I am already 40 years old. Am I the oldest sister here?

TIA!

Miraclebaby! U trying for 2nd one issit?? I rem your name!!! Is it u or u r another person who I mixed up with identity... :p

Lemon tart, yes is me!! Cos i the recep auntie also say want to see handsome man ... lols..
After calling twice i forgot to call her back n ask tsb abt my case.. n she called me!! She say is normal no blood clots cos her med is disperse the clots but i told her my qty of blood not much..she say maybe this month lining thin.. hopefully is what she say .. haixxxx
hahah looks like even the reception is enamoured with Christopher Lee. hahha

Hi chloe,
I think u should see TSB or a gynae. and track CM..CM very zhun de. bbt with CM is very powerful. yesterday TSB saw my chart and she immediately spot where I O. Thanks to tracking CM and bbt I try to BD on alternate days during that time. so u can try too!

Ooo I left ard 145..there were 2 couples n a lady before me. That I.kiasu reach 1215 who knows got ppl more kiasu than me... heheee

Totally knock out after ot till 11plus last night... shack So scared my beanies can't take it, reach home shower n go bed liao

Last edited:
Haha Christopher Lee she will come out personally to deliver . If is lemon tart or gammahedging it will be "thank u pls go outside and wait for ur turn to pay and collect medicine"
haha this one super funny!! lol

Totally knock out after ot till 11plus last night... shack So scared my beanies can't take it, reach home shower n go bed liao
then tdy must report work so early???? tmr holiday le!!! :)

I think u should see TSB or a gynae. and track CM..CM very zhun de. bbt with CM is very powerful. yesterday TSB saw my chart and she immediately spot where I O. Thanks to tracking CM and bbt I try to BD on alternate days during that time. so u can try too!
she very pro hor!!! no guess one... ma chiam use touch e paper she knows liao.

My af is super heavy last night n today. Have used up 5 pads for today.

I'm starting to take med for my fet tomorrow..... Good luck to myself n all ladies here !
good luck baby sparkles!

No choice when there is tender it's common to work ot. Ever tried overnight in ofc till next day noon.. tats super duper shack, shake me I aso won't wake up in my slp..

had jus booked appt with dr yu su ling ... wow exactly 2 mths of wait lei!!! consultation was like :eek: jaw dropping! If husband and wife both see her also must pay for 2 consultation lei. i thought pay for 1 can already since both of us seeing her at the same time side by side ma! of cos if do other treatments then pay extra , depends on what u do. haiz i didn't know ttc can be so tough so dreadful so high expenses pocket got hole... :( slowly losing hope already. Does anyone know if we could seek help or what on the bills? as in we are low income family, so any way can seek help from e society or government since they encourage ppl to have babies, will they help the low income couples?

cannot imagine every mth has to spend half of my salary on all these gynae, TCM, and lots more... not even counting med bill when u are sick, not even counting the treatments or medicines from gynae... really break jaw... all my savings all go to TTC test kits, TCM and med, gynae bills... etc... more than what i spend on food lei! wah very depressing lei... who can i talk to??? only u ladies here...

i din't tell my friends i see this doc see tat doc... they always think aiyo relax and pop a baby.. so easy! they always think how come i work, husband work yet we so poor??? i told myself not to think so much... not to ttc and have a break etc... but without checking my body system eg block tubes, SA test etc, i also cannot set my mind free. and we will be BDing so hard in vain.
smiley-sad.png
also no money liao don even dare to think IVF or IUI or other artificial fertility methods. going to ask my husband to go for SA test. if he has no problem, tat means is my problem liao. super depressing]

Last edited:
Hey Emily, don't be so sad la. It's all for the end results that you want.

Cut back on spending for this and there's also other simple pleasures in life what. Just a short break for this period when you're trying.

Think of bright side. Tomorrow is PH already!! **Hugz**

had jus booked appt with dr yu su ling ... wow exactly 2 mths of wait lei!!! consultation was like :eek: jaw dropping! If husband and wife both see her also must pay for 2 consultation lei. i thought pay for 1 can already since both of us seeing her at the same time side by side ma! of cos if do other treatments then pay extra , depends on what u do. haiz i didn't know ttc can be so tough so dreadful so high expenses pocket got hole... :( slowly losing hope already. Does anyone know if we could seek help or what on the bills? as in we are low income family, so any way can seek help from e society or government since they encourage ppl to have babies, will they help the low income couples?

cannot imagine every mth has to spend half of my salary on all these gynae, TCM, and lots more... not even counting med bill when u are sick, not even counting the treatments or medicines from gynae... really break jaw... all my savings all go to TTC test kits, TCM and med, gynae bills... etc... more than what i spend on food lei! wah very depressing lei... who can i talk to??? only u ladies here...

i din't tell my friends i see this doc see tat doc... they always think aiyo relax and pop a baby.. so easy! they always think how come i work, husband work yet we so poor??? i told myself not to think so much... not to ttc and have a break etc... but without checking my body system eg block tubes, SA test etc, i also cannot set my mind free. and we will be BDing so hard in vain.
smiley-sad.png
also no money liao don even dare to think IVF or IUI or other artificial fertility methods. going to ask my husband to go for SA test. if he has no problem, tat means is my problem liao. super depressing]
Hi Emily, y did u book for dr yu su ling? R u contemplating for ivf? Coz I tot that's What she does.

Btw if u want subsidies, u should Just take any doc, dun specify, coz dr yu is pretty exp. I did called to book her previously, but some of my friends told me, should Just take subsidized, coz if u r lucky, u may get her also. But of coz the wait is longer. I called in Jan, if I wan dr Yu, It's in Mar, but I never take, So my appt is Jun. In the meantime, I m Just trying my luck see if I can get a BFP on my own. On the other hand, coz I am a subsidize patient in SGH due to a major op, I need to look into many bills plus bec I am high risk, I believe they will give me a good doc even if I am subsidized. Hope this helps

Hi Emily, y did u book for dr yu su ling? R u contemplating for ivf? Coz I tot that's What she does.

Btw if u want subsidies, u should Just take any doc, dun specify, coz dr yu is pretty exp. I did called to book her previously, but some of my friends told me, should Just take subsidized, coz if u r lucky, u may get her also. But of coz the wait is longer. I called in Jan, if I wan dr Yu, It's in Mar, but I never take, So my appt is Jun. In the meantime, I m Just trying my luck see if I can get a BFP on my own. On the other hand, coz I am a subsidize patient in SGH due to a major op, I need to look into many bills plus bec I am high risk, I believe they will give me a good doc even if I am subsidized. Hope this helps
Agree maybe u shd just go polyclinic get referral letter really much cheaper. They say some first time do ivf with referral as subsidise patient they never pay much.

Like now I'm on nuh referral very worth it only when near delivery then I will swapped to pte. Save money first.

IVF we can use medisave and got grant. so we only pay a few hundreds for blood test and some med...
but have to pay an insurance which is compulsory :(

actually the govt grant is for both subsidized and pte patient, but what it doesnt pay is all the consultation fees and follow-ups, which could be a huge difference

my fren was on subsidized for IVF. she told me she only need to pay for blood test n med.
the whole process she did not fork out cash. so guess 1st timer, its worth to go for subsidized.
Juz tat no fix gynae and long wait......

my fren was on subsidized for IVF. she told me she only need to pay for blood test n med.
the whole process she did not fork out cash. so guess 1st timer, its worth to go for subsidized.
Juz tat no fix gynae and long wait......

ya, thats what a few of my friends did and told me, so i rather wait and in the meantime, try for a natural BFP, but at the back of my mind, the appt is there already

Dr yu Su ling is a fertility gyne and she sees both pregnant ladies and ladies not pregnant but with other reproductive related problems like my ovarian cysts problem. She is the one good at IVF .. Apparently even TSB also know about her. She is also the head of the department and a senior consultant. So her fees will be higher . I saw her regarding my ovarian cysts under the recommendation of my mount E gyne. She said dr Yu is the best in govt hospital that she can recommend .. So I went to her.. I'm a private patient and paid quite a bit but becos I have insurance coverage , so still okie. Her appointment is always a long wait. But I find her very good:) Emily, if you have budget constraint , I agree with the other ladies, maybe try subsidized first or go to another gyne.. In this way, you won't feel so stress up on your pocket.. I'm sure the ladies here have many good recommendations too:) don't stress , alright..

Cut back on spending for this and there's also other simple pleasures in life what. Just a short break for this period when you're trying.

thanks mistycloud.

hi angelbaby, i am also a subsidized patient in SGH over e years but i have not been to SGH for abt a year already. so dono do i still considered subsidize or not. i often go to SGH for other checks as i oso have some other minor problems.. but not in e gynae department, so dono is it link or i still need to go polyclinic take referral letter? yup i booked for dr yu su ling. i don think it is a gd idea to always have different gynae since we are ttc and want everything accurately. diff gynae means diff opinion and diff ways of doing. i don wanna add stress to these opinions... so i preferred same gynae... But i am very thankful for you for sharing with me and helping me to save money :) THANK U.
nope i m not doing IVF... dr yu oso seeing other fertility problems, not only IVF.

thanks mistycloud.

hi angelbaby, i am also a subsidized patient in SGH over e years but i have not been to SGH for abt a year already. so dono do i still considered subsidize or not. i often go to SGH for other checks as i oso have some other minor problems.. but not in e gynae department, so dono is it link or i still need to go polyclinic take referral letter? yup i booked for dr yu su ling. i don think it is a gd idea to always have different gynae since we are ttc and want everything accurately. diff gynae means diff opinion and diff ways of doing. i don wanna add stress to these opinions... so i preferred same gynae... But i am very thankful for you for sharing with me and helping me to save money :) THANK U.
nope i m not doing IVF... dr yu oso seeing other fertility problems, not only IVF.

Agree maybe u shd just go polyclinic get referral letter really much cheaper. They say some first time do ivf with referral as subsidise patient they never pay much.

Like now I'm on nuh referral very worth it only when near delivery then I will swapped to pte. Save money first.
oic, can like tat ar... ok ok .... i try n see how... still considering thou... thanks

thanks mistycloud.

Usually diff dept and haven't visit for more than one year the subsidy will automatically be voided. So once u start being a pte patient.

thanks angel mommy for recommending dr yu,
thanks angelbaby for ur detailed reply and help

thanks hopeful mum n stoneystoney for your advice.
hugging bb dust from both of u...

my mood fluctuate one lor... a few days happy, a few days stressed lol :eek::D

my friend, she and i TTC at e same time... or mayb i was earlier by few weeks... now that she is going to her last trimester liao... i still having empty stomach... inside all worms.. cos i always eat n eat n eat non stop.... maybe feeding worms inside...
OPPS maybe e worms ate up all e sperms??? sob sob :mad::(:eek:

thanks mistycloud.

as long as u specify for a doc, that is private and if u are a subsidized patient in this dept, it is not automatic that u will be subsidized in another dept
and if u take subsidized, it also doesnt mean u will get different doc every time u go for appt
my subsidized appt is always the same doc
but another since booked already, just go and see, but also get a referral letter

Angel, my understanding is that u can be a pte patient in one dept and a subsidised patient in another. e.g. i can be a private orthopedic patient and a subsidised O&G patient at SGH.

hi lemontart,chole & werrywert
Gone to see gynae for test and xray some few years ago and they show normal.
Given clomid for 3 or 4 cycles and trying on own fail. SO-IUI twice also fail.
I am confirmed PCOS.
I hope for another kid, so I want to try our own luck again, using opk sticks, in fact my first time testing.

hi chocpiggie
I don't think I recall your nickname.. maybe I am another similar nickname... somewhat miracle bb too common :p
I can't find where/ how to change my nickname, so I stick with the same nickname.

Back