IVF/ICSI Support Group

Can anyone advise.. If i'm to confirm to go ahead with IVF for the next month.. When will the counseling and signing of papers + briefing be?.. Can it be done a month before or must it be done closer to the IVF month?

i started mine 1 month before. Did my counselling and paper work late feb.
My IVF started 2 week april.

i started mine 1 month before. Did my counselling and paper work late feb.
My IVF started 2 week april.
Okie great!.. Now i hope and pray that June got slots for my to start.. hehe..

oh.. how long did u have to wait for your appt for counseling+briefing?.. can do on the same day ma?

oh.. how long did u have to wait for your appt for counseling+briefing?.. can do on the same day ma?

Counselling must check the doc schedule. Usually they try and do counselling & briefing at the same time cos both husband & wife must be present during counselling and also briefing cos need both signatures for paperwork so usually on the same day they will cover both so don't need to come down so many time.

Counselling must check the doc schedule. Usually they try and do counselling & briefing at the same time cos both husband & wife must be present during counselling and also briefing cos need both signatures for paperwork so usually on the same day they will cover both so don't need to come down so many time.
Yay.. Great.. Den dunida take so many leave days.. Boss later "bin chao chao".. hehe..

@faithfullyyours, so as private patient you oso only see review doctor before ER huh?.. i'm oso under private cos called in and requested to see dr tan only.. wah.. seems like once start procedures must go kkh several times before ER.. heng june my boss not in else i duno how man.. sure stress.. and i'm veri confused with all these abbreviations :confused:

any of you ladies oso see dr tan after successful et?.. as in still see him as ur gynae and see thru delivery..

Yes even as private patient, I only see Dr Tan during ER and ET throughout the whole IVF process. Like I mentioned, if you BFP/BFN after doing BT after your 2WW, then you will get to see Dr Tan again.

I am still under Dr Tan as my gynae. :)

hi gals, yr follicles sounds a lot. so envious. more follicles means more chances ya.if day 2 scan shows x follicles, after stim it will still remain x rite? will not increase anymore ya?. so those with more follicles will have a chance of getting more eggs

hi zann, maybi yr doc talking abt icsi where 1 sperm is injected into 1 egg.e embrologist will choose e best sperm to inject to e egg for icsi, whereas ivf is millions of sperms need to swim n 1 will succeed to fertilisr instead if being injected

After stimulation, your number of follicles should increase unless your ovarian reserve is low.

Hi faithfullyyours,
Is Dr zou from raffles hospital?
You got her full name & contact?

I posted earlier. Dr Zou is not from Raffles Hospital. Her full name is Dr Zou Yumin. 邹玉敏医师。

Her address is Blk 505 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8 #01-2670. Tel no.: 6456 0833.

Last edited:
Yes even as private patient, I only see Dr Tan during ER and ET throughout the whole IVF process. Like I mentioned, if you BFP/BFN after doing BT after your 2WW, then you will get to see Dr Tan again.

I am still under Dr Tan as my gynae. :)
Thanks gal.. Hee.. We're also gonna continue be under Dr Tan after the whole procedure :)

@mschar it seems that your situation is also like mine cos i had a few big follicles but many small ones. Anyway, what did the doctor mean by the follicles are "too old"? Can they be "old" follicles but are mature and contain eggs as well? Im a little worried cos doctor said she will want to push for one more stimulation day before retrieval. Just worried in case of further implications.

@mesara yes, they will give you the injections and teach you the methods of injections on the first scan. One tip to reduce waiting time, take a queue number at KKH first (for you to meet nurses to teach you how to do injections) while you go upstairs to collect medications. All the best for your cycle =)

Thanks mnadz. Heard scan lady say lining 9mm then 7mm unclear. Right side 2 cysts left many small follicles. Case reviewing by doc. Damn long wait man. Wonder if can start cycle

Hi ladies my AF arrived today and I am going to start FET. Going to KKH tomorrow to collect medicines as mine is medicated FET. For FET when they wil do scanning ? After starting medicine or during AF? Wats difference between fresh and frozen?

Hi ladies my AF arrived today and I am going to start FET. Going to KKH tomorrow to collect medicines as mine is medicated FET. For FET when they wil do scanning ? After starting medicine or during AF? Wats difference between fresh and frozen?

im not sure abt kkh medicated protocol. for nuh we start medicine on first day mensus for 21 days den on day 14 go for jab and wait for next mensus go for blood test den start another medicine for 14 days den go for scan check lining.

Actually I'm also very confused on this medicated FET, fresh and frozen thing.. Tried googling for more info but cant find proper info too.. :confused:

Am waiting for my e2 bt and nurde will teach on jabs. Puregon n menopur for 14 days. Just collected meds. Came at 830 n almost half a day gone. In nuh its half an hr. Haizzzz. I ask tye nyrse got 2 cysts can do ivf n she said if e2 ok can do. Wonder why make me collect meds n all wiyhout doing e2 first

Actually I'm also very confused on this medicated FET, fresh and frozen thing.. Tried googling for more info but cant find proper info too.. :confused:

if ur have not done anything yet its consider fresh. donr have to read about frozen at all yet till u have embryos in freezing when u do ur fresh.

Dear ladies, just to find out, does Dr Loh prescribe DHEA? Can DHEA be taken although there is no low ovarian reserve? Thanks!

Hi Connie, dunno why I have problem replying to your post. Regarding Dr Tan, his medicine are those factory manufactured granules. U have to combine 10 plus to 20 packs of the medicine & mix with hot water. Although sometimes abit scared as the granules are made in china. But Dr Tan say that he send the medicine to HSA for checks regularly. As I go weekly, each visit with acupuncture & medicine can go up to abt $200. If no medicine, just acupuncture is abt $80 plus (if I remember correctly). Depending on individual body, Dr Tan will advise how frequent u need to visit. I think somehow it does help to improve hubby's sperm as hubby sperm prior to seeing him is very bad. His count with live sperms before TCM is like can count kind. I remember the report indicated "9 moving forward, 3 slow..." Something like that. But now his sperm count got millions of them. I made hubby took a lot of supplements as well so maybe all helps![/quote]

Hi rachelt, I suggest that after seeing the dr, u go straight to kkivf ask for a slot which was what I did. Initially the nurse at the clinic told me kkivf will call me to schedule but I dunno how long they will take. So I pop over to kkivf & they gave me 1 of the last 2 slots to me. If I had waited for kkivf to call me, I am not sure when they will schedule the session for me.

Hi Connie, dunno why I have problem replying to your post. Regarding Dr Tan, his medicine are those factory manufactured granules. U have to combine 10 plus to 20 packs of the medicine & mix with hot water. Although sometimes abit scared as the granules are made in china. But Dr Tan say that he send the medicine to HSA for checks regularly. As I go weekly, each visit with acupuncture & medicine can go up to abt $200. If no medicine, just acupuncture is abt $80 plus (if I remember correctly). Depending on individual body, Dr Tan will advise how frequent u need to visit. I think somehow it does help to improve hubby's sperm as hubby sperm prior to seeing him is very bad. His count with live sperms before TCM is like can count kind. I remember the report indicated "9 moving forward, 3 slow..." Something like that. But now his sperm count got millions of them. I made hubby took a lot of supplements as well so maybe all helps!
[/quote]
hi hopeful13, thanks!from Can coubt to millions, this is very encouraging for us! for e medicine, means have to mix 10 to 20 packets with water per consumption?
e cost is $200 per week per person?
how long yr hubby take to see e effects? ours is also e can count type

Hi rachelt, I suggest that after seeing the dr, u go straight to kkivf ask for a slot which was what I did. Initially the nurse at the clinic told me kkivf will call me to schedule but I dunno how long they will take. So I pop over to kkivf & they gave me 1 of the last 2 slots to me. If I had waited for kkivf to call me, I am not sure when they will schedule the session for me.
Hi @hopeful13.. You mean walk straight into KKIVF Centre and book?.. If I'm not wrong it's on the left side of the registration counter when we go see Dr Tan right?.. Or at the payment side can book liao?

thi
Dear ladies, just to find out, does Dr Loh prescribe DHEA? Can DHEA be taken although there is no low ovarian reserve? Thanks![/quo

think he doesnt prescribe, we visited him. he scan my afc d recommend to ake dhea to improve afc count.yr 2nd question i am not sure though

After stimulation, your number of follicles should increase unless your ovarian reserve is low.
reali? thats great!i was told if yr base scan shows afc of before start of yr cycle, your afc count was be around this value during yr simulation . will be good if this is not true :) e overian reserve is ok but afc low

anamika and babydusty: so we are cycling buddies!
my AF is full flow today, so considered Day 1. I will begin my baby asprin tomorrow day 2, then progynova on day 4 Saturday.
scanning is on next Sat, 26 Apr. Yeah... no need take time off/leave.. and most likely FET during the labour day hol so can save leave again. dun wan to take so many HL

frozen embryo transfer aka FET is ET of the frozen embbies that were fertilised during your fresh cycle. Fresh cycle means starting afresh. jab and do oocyte retrieval, then fertilise with spermmies then transfer into your uterus.

Jia lat.. No mood to work.. Keep reading up on IVF thingy.. Wahahaha :p
ya..in fact feel veri stressed, blod test foor ivf is expring soon. got to do it in quickly but has not seen tcm yet, think maybi too late to see tcm to boost e health.also dunno can tahan e jabs daily ma cos scared of pain

my AF is full flow today, so considered Day 1. I will begin my baby asprin tomorrow day 2, then progynova on day 4 Saturday.
scanning is on next Sat, 26 Apr. Yeah... no need take time off/leave.. and most likely FET during the labour day hol so can save leave again. dun wan to take so many HL

frozen embryo transfer aka FET is ET of the frozen embbies that were fertilised during your fresh cycle. Fresh cycle means starting afresh. jab and do oocyte retrieval, then fertilise with spermmies then transfer into your uterus.

kkh protocol so fast for medicated. nuh so long, 2 mths at least. so many medicine to take den scan lining. haiz.

if ur have not done anything yet its consider fresh. donr have to read about frozen at all yet till u have embryos in freezing when u do ur fresh.
Haa.. Ya.. I guess so.. Super gan cheong and wanna know as much as possible.. Arhhh.. Time past so slow.. 2 May quick come!..

Thanks for the clarifications.. Must remind myself to take things one step at a time.. Gan cheong gan cheong.. Hee..

Yay.. All the best for your @baby_sparkles :D

ya..in fact feel veri stressed, blod test foor ivf is expring soon. got to do it in quickly but has not seen tcm yet, think maybi too late to see tcm to boost e health.also dunno can tahan e jabs daily ma cos scared of pain
Blood test as in the first test we took during our first consult?.. got expiry one ar?.. I oso scared.. My hubby says he scared will injure me during the jabs.. must pray for steady hands and painless times.. lol..

Babysparkels: yes we r cycle buddies me too today day 1. Are u under kkh? Baby aspirin was prescribed by doctor itself or else did u ask for it? For FET do we need to go for scan regularly like fresh? when are u starting to take egg white? Is this ur first FET? Sorry so many questions:)

Blood test as in the first test we took during our first consult?.. got expiry one ar?.. I oso scared.. My hubby says he scared will injure me during the jabs.. must pray for steady hands and painless times.. lol..

only the hiv test for u and hubby valid for 6 mths. the rest no expiry. hehe

Hi @hopeful13.. You mean walk straight into KKIVF Centre and book?.. If I'm not wrong it's on the left side of the registration counter when we go see Dr Tan right?.. Or at the payment side can book liao?

Yes just go straight to kkivf counter & say that you have seen the doc and want to check when is the next available date for the briefing. You can't book at the payment counter. Booking is all done at kkivf centre.

Yes just go straight to kkivf counter & say that you have seen the doc and want to check when is the next available date for the briefing. You can't book at the payment counter. Booking is all done at kkivf centre.
okie dokie.. thanks for the tips.. will do that on 2 may :)

but they nvr ask hubby to do any blood test leh.. i know the 3 tubes they took from me.. 1 is for hiv de..
there is a compulsiry blood test prior to thea ivf programme to do for both husband and wife to check on rubella etc. i will advise you gals to do this near to ivf date, as there is a 6 mth validity period. if e doc is on leave on the month of yr ivf cycle. n u feel that u want to postpone e ivf the next mt/ so that the doc is back n do for u,e the ivf, then u wasted 1 mth out of the 6 mths of validity.

Last edited:
hi hopeful13, thanks!from Can coubt to millions, this is very encouraging for us! for e medicine, means have to mix 10 to 20 packets with water per consumption?
how long yr hubby take to see e effects? ours is also e can count type[/quote]

Yes you mix all the medicine into 1 cup & drink all. For hubby he wanted him to eat the medicine mix with boiled fish maw. The fish maw quite difficult to get as only few fishmonger has that. It has to be freshly taken from threadfin fish, not the one we take for CNY. What I notice is that every couple that see Dr Tan seems to be eating the same thing. Every week with medicine is about $200 per couple. Without medicine is about $80 plus per couple. My hubby took quite a while as he is quite stress at work and hence fall sick quite often. We see Dr Tan for abt 1.5 yrs before we start to see some improvement in hubby's health in general. But as we have seen him for quite long, we also decided to take a break from TCM. But most couples see him & conceive within 6 mths.

thanks.. means $800per mth on top of e ivf cost we need to pay..sometines i wonder y is it so tough for us people who just wanted to have a bb..we did nothing evil..y need to so difficult whereas others just want n then have le naturally..
how long yr hubby take to see e effects? ours is also e can count type

Yes you mix all the medicine into 1 cup & drink all. For hubby he wanted him to eat the medicine mix with boiled fish maw. The fish maw quite difficult to get as only few fishmonger has that. It has to be freshly taken from threadfin fish, not the one we take for CNY. What I notice is that every couple that see Dr Tan seems to be eating the same thing. Every week with medicine is about $200 per couple. Without medicine is about $80 plus per couple. My hubby took quite a while as he is quite stress at work and hence fall sick quite often. We see Dr Tan for abt 1.5 yrs before we start to see some improvement in hubby's health in general. But as we have seen him for quite long, we also decided to take a break from TCM. But most couples see him & conceive within 6 mths.[/quote]

there is a compulsiry blood test prior to thea ivf programme to do for both husband and wife to check on rubella etc. i will advise you gals to do this near to ivf date, as there is a 6 mth validity period. if e doc is on leave on the month of yr ivf cycle. n u feel that u want to postpone e ivf the next mt/ so that the doc is back n do for u,e the ivf, then u wasted 1 mth out of the 6 mths of validity.
@connie_hopeful.. this one i got do leh.. but dr tan nvr ask my hubby to do wor.. think i btr ask dr tan when i see him on the 2nd.. but still needa review with dr after the blood test ma?

for my case, e nurse called to inform e blood test results is ok. for kk, i am not sure as i didnt do it over there. dun wory, when u need to do, they will advise you. but best to do it only when u are confirm doing the cycle. else if expire when u need it, u need to waste $ to do e same test again..some clinic will accept this blood test when u change from clinic to clinic. so validity date of e blood test is precious to save $
@connie_hopeful.. this one i got do leh.. but dr tan nvr ask my hubby to do wor.. think i btr ask dr tan when i see him on the 2nd.. but still needa review with dr after the blood test ma?

for my case, e nurse called to inform e blood test results is ok. for kk, i am not sure as i didnt do it over there. dun wory, when u need to do, they will advise you. but best to do it only when u are confirm doing the cycle. else if expire when u need it, u need to waste $ to do e same test again..some clinic will accept this blood test when u change from clinic to clinic. so validity date of e blood test is precious to save $
wow.. okie got it.. will take note.. thanks for the precious info.. :)

@rachelt, most of the couples I met at the briefing session did their blood test on the same day of the briefing. For me I did the blood test slightly earlier after seeing Dr Sadhana. So don't worry, they have the checklist to make sure you have done the blood test.

ya, becos if this rubella blood test etc profile not done, cannot do ivf.. :) they got a check list check this n that, but think hsg scans not compulsory, saw 1 post earlier asking abt hsg scan

Wanted to ask those of u who did the ivf at kk. I am now on puregon 300iu and will be on orgulatran tomorrow to prevent ovulation. But these 2 days I have been having clear stretchy discharge like during ovulation. Kind off worried that my eggs are released on its on. Called kkivf & the nurse doesn't seem to ans my qns as she said as long as the discharge not causing problem it's ok. Is it normal for kkivf to schedule the scan to check on the size of the follicles like 1 week after stim?

Back