IVF with KKH (Dr Matthew Lau)

But i did ask the nurse do i have to go amc, she said yes... well. i shall check again...
from what I have read so far, tps provide a one stop service for customers. tt's y their charges abit higher compared to clinic. just like pte gynae have the scanner in the room ;)

at this while, I've been seeing dr lau at clinic D at private rate. My first scan also at amc then go bk clinic d to see dr lau. So clinic d is not private arh?
clinic A, B and D will have private patients. Only clinic C is subsidised clinic. Usually those who are referred by polyclinic to treat infertility will be directed to clinic D first b4 gg ivf center. cos the reproductive department drs are at clinic D. But once pregnant, only the first consultation will be at clinic D after which will be transferred to clinic C if continue to be sub patient.

I think after 1st scan, dr lau will transfer you to tps... can check with him on that day...
actually I had a gf who was previously under dr lau as private like sumiko83 since the beginning and she continued to see dr lau at clinic D till her full term last year. maybe can ask dr lau if there is any diff in charges if at clinic D or TPS. If no diff, go tps better since no need to go amc scan then see dr at clinic.

at this while, I've been seeing dr lau at clinic D at private rate. My first scan also at amc then go bk clinic d to see dr lau. So clinic d is not private arh?
Congrats sumiko83. Dr lau also sees his private pt in clinic d. Hubby dun like tps. So we continue to see him at clinic d.

Im also seein him on the 2404. What time is ur appt?
My appt is 10am :) not sure if see MO or dr jerry. So far I have not had a consultation with dr jerry b4. Only seen him during er & et. That's y discussed with dh & decided to stay as sub patient. Plus the cost really differs alot.
Have to go amc an hr b4 to scan first ;)

Last edited:
My appt is 10am :) not sure if see MO or dr jerry. So far I have not had a consultation with dr jerry b4. Only seen him during er & et. That's y discussed with dh & decided to stay as sub patient. Plus the cost really differs alot.
Have to go amc an hr b4 to scan first ;)

I also did tot of saving the $ and be sub.. but seeing different docs, i'm afraid if i will get different advise and opinions from them... i just want to have an ease of mind and stick to just one doc that i can trust his professional.

I also did tot of saving the $ and be sub.. but seeing different docs, i'm afraid if i will get different advise and opinions from them... i just want to have an ease of mind and stick to just one doc that i can trust his professional.
Yap I fully understand. If I was under Dr lau from the start, I wld have done the same too. Actually when I was xfer to ivf center, I did consider switching to dr lau but was told tt I wld have to see him as a private patient and will delay starting my program. Dh said we shld give dr jerry a chance tho we nv met him b4 but at least he follow our case. That's y we proceed.
With my current experience to date, as i have been seeing different drs all this while so seem like it's fate to just stay under sub. But definitely grateful to dr jerry too for giving me the beanies :) He gave us a very good impression during ET. Very soft spoken dr with good bedside manners.

Cheerywalnut im seein dr lau at 9 plus. See u there.
Since u are comfortable with dr jerry then stay put with him.

Dr Lau asked me to go amc scan first.

I think i read from other thread and they said amc machine is better?

Maybe must wait till bb bigger then tps machine can scan better?

Very strange hor cos by right tps shld have equally good facilities as amc :D

Ya loh but dunno why also. Nvm lah.

Oh ya anyone knows although amc lunch hour is 1-2pm, do they still allows people to walk in and register first? Im worried if i wait till 2pm dunno will be very crowded or not...

Ya loh but dunno why also. Nvm lah.

Oh ya anyone knows although amc lunch hour is 1-2pm, do they still allows people to walk in and register first? Im worried if i wait till 2pm dunno will be very crowded or not...
If not u go scan b4 1pm then go out by shuttle bus for lunch. .then take shuttled bus back to see dr lau cos ur appt w dr lau @ 2pm? ;)
Can either go novena or 四马路

If not u go scan b4 1pm then go out by shuttle bus for lunch. .then take shuttled bus back to see dr lau cos ur appt w dr lau @ 2pm? ;)
Can either go novena or 四马路

I got meeting in the morning... Have to see what time it ends... Unless by 12 ends then i make my way down. Orchard to novena should b quite fast. But shuttlebus very slow~

Dr Lau asked me to go amc scan first.

I think i read from other thread and they said amc machine is better?

Maybe must wait till bb bigger then tps machine can scan better?
Meilingg I ask dr lau... clinic d scannin machine is the same as the one in tps. Amc machine is still the best. After 3 mths dr lau will scan u when u see him

Meilingg I ask dr lau... clinic d scannin machine is the same as the one in tps. Amc machine is still the best. After 3 mths dr lau will scan u when u see him

Thanks niece for the explanation!

Im so looking forward to thurs scan~ dunno will it gonna be v-scan again... Hope beanie is growing very well~~~

The ohss ordeal is still haunting me. Really hate it. Couldn't sleep well at home. Whenever I get up from bed, I would cough few times, seems like to ease the discomfort in the chest. Today is 6th day. Hope tmr will get better.

The ohss ordeal is still haunting me. Really hate it. Couldn't sleep well at home. Whenever I get up from bed, I would cough few times, seems like to ease the discomfort in the chest. Today is 6th day. Hope tmr will get better.
Sumiko83, I can fully understand what u are going through. It was really torturing. I suffered the same coughing too. One hand had to press on chest, the other on the bed to push myself up from bed. Whole body felt very discomfort and back ache. Today is my 11th day and the bloatness went down tremendously now left abt 20% at my tummy area. Haven weigh myself yet but body shape close to before.
Continue to drink more isotonic drinks and water.
Because outshining drink contains sodium tt can transfer fluid back into our blood and preventing it from leaking into to abdominal cavity.
Jiayou! It will be over very soon. Fighting!

Sumiko83, I can fully understand what u are going through. It was really torturing. I suffered the same coughing too. One hand had to press on chest, the other on the bed to push myself up from bed. Whole body felt very discomfort and back ache. Today is my 11th day and the bloatness went down tremendously now left abt 20% at my tummy area. Haven weigh myself yet but body shape close to before.
Jiayou! It will be over very soon. Fighting!

I hope bb doesn't get affected. On the other hand, hope to get back to work. But looking at my condition, how am I even go back next week. :(

I hope bb doesn't get affected. On the other hand, hope to get back to work. But looking at my condition, how am I even go back next week. :(
Are u still taking the medication given by o&g? I only took once.
Give yourself sometime to fully recover first before going back to work. Don't worry too much abt sch now. You will feel even worse to go back sch in this state. I understand u feel bad tt u are unable to be there for the kids. The kids will want u to recover well too before going back to teach them. A good friend also a KP told me no one is indispensable in school. Trust me the school will still operate as per normal. The main focus now is u and bb. Work is secondary.

Are u still taking the medication given by o&g? I only took once.
Give yourself sometime to fully recover first before going back to work. Don't worry too much abt sch now. You will feel even worse to go back sch in this state. I understand u feel bad tt u are unable to be there for the kids. The kids will want u to recover well too before going back to teach them. A good friend also a KP told me no one is indispensable in school. Trust me the school will still operate as per normal. The main focus now is u and bb. Work is secondary.
Nope, I only took the gastric med twice. It doesn't help anyway. It's not the gastric problem at all.
Yes I know that. No one is indispensable in school. But just hope tt I can go back to my routine.
I can't even sleep well at night, how to recover fast.. :(

Nope, I only took the gastric med twice. It doesn't help anyway. It's not the gastric problem at all.
Yes I know that. No one is indispensable in school. But just hope tt I can go back to my routine.
I can't even sleep well at night, how to recover fast.. :(
Maybe try to take more naps during the day. For me I lie on the bed most of the time with my small tv (hp) lol... sometimes just doze off on & off.. wake up drink gatorade became my daily routine. I felt better to lie abt 60° elevated using pillows to support my back and bolster support my legs.
What is ur sleeping style now? Lie flat or semi sitting position?

Anything that u like to do but haven got the chance while in school? Or divert ur attention to think of innovative ways for ur upcoming lesson observation? :D search for interesting teaching tools or think of games tt can engage the students for tt particular topic? :)

Last edited:
Maybe try to take more naps during the day. For me I lie on the bed most of the time with my small tv (hp) lol... sometimes just doze off on & off.. wake up drink gatorade became my daily routine. I felt better to lie abt 60° elevated using pillows to support my back and bolster support my legs.
What is ur sleeping style now? Lie flat or semi sitting position?

Anything that u like to do but haven got the chance while in school? Or divert ur attention to think of innovative ways for ur upcoming lesson observation? :D search for interesting teaching tools or think of games tt can engage the students for tt particular topic? :)
I can lie flat last night without much discomfort. Just that when I get up, I would cough. Now even need to sit down on a stool to shower. Haha.. not enough loose clothing to wear. Even undergarment seems too tight. Hubby still made fun of me, says everything up size alrd.

I can lie flat last night without much discomfort. Just that when I get up, I would cough. Now even need to sit down on a stool to shower. Haha.. not enough loose clothing to wear. Even undergarment seems too tight. Hubby still made fun of me, says everything up size alrd.
That's good improvement. :) coughing may helps to make u feel better. time to do some shopping hehe... Can do online shopping ;)
Last wk when my mum visit me.. She nag at me cos I was wearing spaghetti top, cos tt was stretchable & comfortable but she keep commenting so tight so tight lol... must look like a balloon then hahaha
Oh yah now I keep burping and letting out gas.. The one who suffer is dh lol but I told him bo bian pls bear with it haha cos it deflates the gas inside me hohoho

Im going over to cineleisure to eat the thai food~~ hungry hungry~~

So sad, yesterday no ntuc no more stock for chicken in biscuits... I saw at 7-11 but so ex... $4.65. Ntuc only $3. Think once i saw it must stock alot. Haha...
7-11 always jack up prices. Go other ntuc outlets sure have :D

Same here! Hubby bought Malay rice with curry chkn drumstick and stir fry cabbage. But the curry not spicy enough..
Wah got add their sambal chilli at the side? We have the same cravings for spicy food! Not spicy not shiok hahaha :D
Now trying to digest.. feeling very sleepy after the heavy lunch :p

Just now too hungry... now too full Haha

Last edited:
LOL~ both of you really can eat spicy sia...

i still can't eat too spicy although i still want to eat. haha~

LOL~ both of you really can eat spicy sia...

i still can't eat too spicy although i still want to eat. haha~
Now my taste buds only interested in spicy food then will feel satisfied in eating. Actually abit scare of sweet stuff now find the taste very weird. Prefer salty and spicy food hehe
If eat porridge must have a teaspoon of marmite, enjoy licking it from the spoon as taking porridge @ the same time lol

Anyone know when are we suppose to start drinking those mummy milk powder?
My sil told me 2nd trimester then start the milk. Advise by tcm Tan siew bouy.. No tonics etc in 1st trimester just take normal food. 2nd trimester then start bird nest, milk, tonics etc..
Can't wait for 2nd trimester to come! Bird nest bird nest bird nest.... lol

Now my taste buds only interested in spicy food then will feel satisfied in eating. Actually abit scare of sweet stuff now find the taste very weird. Prefer salty and spicy food hehe
If eat porridge must have a teaspoon of marmite, enjoy licking it from the spoon as taking porridge @ the same time lol
Lol... Ytd I had whole day of porridge with just marmite! We have the same taste buds.. haha..

My sil told me 2nd trimester then start the milk. Advise by tcm Tan siew bouy.. No tonics etc in 1st trimester just take normal food. 2nd trimester then start bird nest, milk, tonics etc..
Can't wait for 2nd trimester to come! Bird nest bird nest bird nest.... lol

bird nest very ex neh~~~ lol

nope. the previous tin i finished on my bt day already...

u still drinking?
Still got half tin. Stop since feeling bloated and feel sick of the smell. Now switch to milo and I'll add few spoonful of oats. :D but once my bloatedness is off, I'll continue to drink and finish up bah. The milk powder not cheap too.

Back