Looking a Good and Experienced Nanny at Toa Payoh

eliz_sky

I am going to due in August and planning to look for a nanny to take care of my baby in December.
Most of the infant care centres are fully booked and they put me in a long waiting list.
So, i decided to look for a nanny. i need a nanny takes care of baby from Monday to Friday, 7a.m-7pm.

Anyone could recommend me a good and experienced nanny?

Do you know any reliable agent? :)

I contacted them to help me find a nanny but they were unable to find one near my place so I have not had a chance to try out the reliability of their service. Alternatively, you can try sticking a note at llift lobbies near your block and pray hard they don't get removed by cleaners before you get any responses.

Many of my friends advise me don't stick a note at the lift lobby to let people to know i am looking for nanny. They said is not safe and maybe people will make prank calls too. I tried to call the nanny agent and they advise me to call them 2 months before i want to nanny stay taking care of my baby. I don't understand why they can start searching now if they are not too sure whether they can get any nanny near my place. Sigh~~

I agree it's not easy to find a nanny. I called up a few nanny agents and one of them said to call them back one month before i need the nanny as they usually don't want to wait that long to start a new assignment. Problem is, if they can't find you any nanny in that one month and you need to return to workforce after maternity leave, that one month could stretch into god-knows-how-long and thus delaying your return to work. I resorted to lift lobby ads instead but the cleaners at my area work superfast -- my ads were gone the next day. So it's really a matter of luck whether any potential nanny saw your ad before they got removed. Babysitting is tough and not very well paid, hence very few nannies nowadays, just have to explore different venues else you will have to stay home to look after the baby yourself. Try harder and good luck to both of us with our nanny search! :)

Back