Growing Pain

mlr

Hi all

Does any mummies or daddies here whom had experience "growing pains" of their kiddos?

My 6 yr old has been waking up in the middle of the night crying in pains. He has very bad pain at the back of his knee.

It started last year and now its getting more frequent (once a week, compared to once or so a month).

We consulted with family doctor and even a pedi. After a couple of rounds of examination for "lumps" and thorough investigation to rule out any trauma and injuries, they advise that its growing pains. Panadol was prescribed to ease the pain if it gets bad. He did grow a total of 5 over cm in the last year. My mom said that I had the same thing when I was about 7 as well (which of course I have no recollection) of.

We check with his classmates, seems like he is the only one getting it.

So would like to ask if any other kiddos experience the same thing.

TIA

Same thing that my son went through when he was 7 years old especially on the days he had P.E lesson, I would expect a hard to pass night. It was obviously not leg cramp and I was very worried as a mother. Doctor also give him Panadol and told me it was growing pain. I help him ease his pain by giving him Panadol and apply warm pad on his painful area. His area is lower front leg bone. Giving Panadol is also weighing on me but luckily found massage that works on him.

Hi ladies..

I am not scaring u but sharing my experience with what was Thot to be growing pains.

My son has been having leg pains since he was about 2 plus. It occurred specifically after a bout of respiratory illness which requires him to take antibiotics. At first doctor said it was viral arthritis becoz viral attack causes his joints to be painful.

Then early this year, he had both pain in his joints n rashes on his leg. He was in pain till curled into foetal position. At Kkh, he was diagnosed with Henoch Schonlein Purpura, inflammation of his blood vessels.

There isn't any cure but monitoring his diet n food intake may identify the pain trigger.

Do look out for rashes similar in the given photo..
ImageUploadedByForum1396016899.226882.jpg

This is what my sons legs look like caused by the inflammation of blood vessels.

Dear mummies, hope your kids are feeling better now.

I have been reading up on this oregano oil which seems to help quite a lot of ailment. You can borrow this book The Cure is in the Cupboard from NLB. I managed to figure out the brand of The oil mentioned in the book as North American Herb & Spice and bought it to use http://www.iherb.com/north-american...s&w=oregano&rc=421&sr=null&ic=45?rcode=fov057
use.

Alternatively, you can google about this oil. Just be careful if you want to consume this oil, as it is mentioned in the book that certain species of oregano are actually poisonous.

Initially I bought this http://www.iherb.com/california-xtr...s&w=oregano&rc=421&sr=null&ic=11?rcode=fov057
as it was on promotion. the taste is pretty strong. However, when I administer it, it works fine. Just that I feel safer consuming the one from North American Herb & Spice, hence will continue to use this brand instead of the California Xtracts.

Hope this little info helps.

Last edited:
My younger boy has been having such pains too on & off since 4 yrs old. Normally happens at night. So far we only gave him a massage and cold pack. Will try panadol next time. Any ideas when they can out grow this?

Hi. Maybe Dr Alan Cheung can help with the pain he's experiencing at the back of his knee. Dr Alan Cheung has been our ortho for 2 years now. He is very reliable, your kid will be comfortable if ever he has a consultation with Dr Alan.

Back