The Forum Has Been Migrated

hmmmm..... so only IE 10 can do it? Coz usually I am using my office laptop to access and at the current moment, most of the work stuff needs to be IE 9. How about Chrome? Many Thanks! :)

hmmmm..... so only IE 10 can do it? Coz usually I am using my office laptop to access and at the current moment, most of the work stuff needs to be IE 9. How about Chrome? Many Thanks! :)

Found IE 9 on my colleague's laptop. Seems like the formatting bar does not appear on IE 9. The formatting bar appears on Chrome. I'm using Chrome browser. :)

Found IE 9 on my colleague's laptop. Seems like the formatting bar does not appear on IE 9. The formatting bar appears on Chrome. I'm using Chrome browser. :)

Oh yes! I just dl chrome browser and it does appears! So now I can apply to start a BP... ;) just spent an hour reading up on the FAQs and etc. :)

Thanks so much for the help! :D

Hi

I cannot post pic or edit post when I use my labtop but I can when I use my smart phone. I was able to do it 2-3 wks aho but now suddenly cannot. Please advise. Many tks

Please let us know the OS (Windows or Mac), browser (Chrome, IE) and version used that is having the problem. Thanks.

Hi chinleng. Is there a problem with the webpage? I realized there's no text box and when I click 'More options', it shows 'unspecified error'. I hv no problem previously though. I tried different browsers it's the same. And all e watched threads which I have indicated have been reset.

Just to add I can only reply using e app. But even e watched threads in e app has been reset.

Hi chinleng. Is there a problem with the webpage? I realized there's no text box and when I click 'More options', it shows 'unspecified error'. I hv no problem previously though. I tried different browsers it's the same. And all e watched threads which I have indicated have been reset.

Yes i also have the same problem. no textbox be it in conversation or forum or create threads...
now i manage to post here is by clicking "reply" under other ppl thread and click "post reply".follow by editing the reply then i can enter this msg...

can advise soonest?

Last edited:
Your settings:
watched-thread-setting-png.36008

From our admin panel, we've updated your setting to this:

watched-with-email-png.36010

We hope our changes will take effect for your previously "watched" threads too.

Hello Chin Leng, where can i update these settings myself?

Hi Chin Leng

I had encountered similar issues as "mousemoomoo" about 2hr ago and I am hoping this post gets thru' using the "More Options" which led me to this page w header "Reply to Thread".

As you can see, I edited so you know this way worked, but not via posting in the Textbox:(

That's weird... it seems ok now....
Hi Chin Leng

I had encountered similar issues as "mousemoomoo" about 2hr ago and I am hoping this post gets thru' using the "More Options" which led me to this page w header "Reply to Thread".

As you can see, I edited so you know this way worked, but not via posting in the Textbox:(

Hi all,

We had encountered a script that corrupted the forum page which it caused the text input box to go missing yesterday afternoon. It was fixed quickly when received feedback from the forum members. Normally, if there is any problem with SingaporeMotherhood, we would have used the forum to make announcements. Unfortunately, the problem yesterday involved the forum itself. In view of this, we plan to make status updates using our Facebook and Twitter.

Please like our Facebook or follow our Twitter.

Hello Chin Leng, where can i update these settings myself?

On the top right corner, click on your username that is above the search box. There will be a drop down window. Click on "Preferences" and you can edit the settings in "Options":

upload_2013-12-4_13-52-1.png

Hi chin leng, the settings i had already enabled long time ago.I like to get notifications whenever someone post each reply on the thread i am watching. not just the 1st reply just after my posting.saying if there are 10 ppl posting the message on the thread i am watching, i only receive the email notification for the 1st person whom posted in the thread. I do not get the rest 9 ppl post message via email notifications.

Hi chin leng, the settings i had already enabled long time ago.I like to get notifications whenever someone post each reply on the thread i am watching. not just the 1st reply just after my posting.saying if there are 10 ppl posting the message on the thread i am watching, i only receive the email notification for the 1st person whom posted in the thread. I do not get the rest 9 ppl post message via email notifications.
I'm sorry but that can't be changed. If too many emails are sent out by the forum notification system, many email servers (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo!) will treat our mails as spam and start blocking all the emails. This has happened in the past before. This method has currently kept us off the blacklist of the popular email servers.

thanks for replying.personally i feel the notifications like in the past system will help me keep track up to date the threads i am watching or my own personal post.now i am always lag behind.. and it was troublesome to always have to log in to check unlike the past.
overall the new systems are good, just that if there is a selection whether to enable or disable the numbers of email notifications would be good :)it would also benefit those BP organiser..

thanks for replying.personally i feel the notifications like in the past system will help me keep track up to date the threads i am watching or my own personal post.now i am always lag behind.. and it was troublesome to always have to log in to check unlike the past.
overall the new systems are good, just that if there is a selection whether to enable or disable the numbers of email notifications would be good :)it would also benefit those BP organiser..
We understand. But unfortunately, we have been blacklisted many times in the past and it was a chore to get ourselves whitelisted. We had members who subscribed to the notifications in the past and forgot about it. When their inbox had many of the email notifications, the members reported us to their email provider (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo!) that we are spam and we ended up being blacklisted. What with new anti-spam technology, it is harder to get whitelisted these days. We are now adopting the prevention is better than cure approach.

Upgrading is a matter of course, the ‘way to go’. Wasn’t there a test run sometime back that caught everyone by surprise? The layout is pleasant and presentable, navigating and use may need some relearning, hopefully the imperfections eg. marketplace can be rectified, or tolerated if not. More importantly, members still have a good channel to liaise, seek info, share experiences and . . . be heard.

Hi Chin Leng

I am holding an Android mobile phone and had downloaded the SingaporeMotherhood Forum App. Unfortunately, I am frustrated becos I can't seem to find the
"How to do" a deletion or an edition..
"How to do" an upload of photo..
"How to do" in a "HELP" section, and the list goes on:(

What is tapatalk and how do I know if Ive actually downloaded this apps?

Apprec your assistance. Thanks.

Hi Chin Leng

I am holding an Android mobile phone and had downloaded the SingaporeMotherhood Forum App. Unfortunately, I am frustrated becos I can't seem to find the
"How to do" a deletion or an edition..
"How to do" an upload of photo..
"How to do" in a "HELP" section, and the list goes on:(

What is tapatalk and how do I know if Ive actually downloaded this apps?

Apprec your assistance. Thanks.

To edit, you just tap on your post. At the top of the screen, it will appear a new set of navigation. To edit, tap on the pencil icon. Like before, the post can't be deleted after 20 minutes. So if you can't delete and the delete icon didn't appear, it means that your message has been posted more than 20 minutes ago.

When you post a new message, beside the quick reply, there is a "+" button. Tap on it, and you'll be shown a new screen as below:

android-sm-app-2.png

On the top right corner, there will be 3 square dots arranged vertically, tap on it and you'll be presented with the attach picture menu.

There isn't a help section for the app. You just need to tap around and discover for yourself. Please feel free to post here if you require any further assistance. Thank you

Hi Chin Leng,I cannot "upload a file" when i am using my mobile to browse and reply.Why is that so?
I am using android samsung phone.

Hi Chin Leng,I cannot "upload a file" when i am using my mobile to browse and reply.Why is that so?
I am using android samsung phone.
As tested in my post above, I was able to upload an image using Chrome browser app using an Android device. You may want to download and use the Android Chrome browser if you've not already done so.

Alternatively, you may want to try using our SingaporeMotherhood Forum Android app. It may be easier to use on an Android device.

Hi Chinleng, just wanted to say that when I clicked the "Your Content", an error showed:

SingaporeMotherhood Forum - Error

The search could not be completed. Please try again later.

Can you take a look? Thanks!

Hi Chinleng, just wanted to say that when I clicked the "Your Content", an error showed:
SingaporeMotherhood Forum - Error
The search could not be completed. Please try again later.

Can you take a look? Thanks!
Hi Jinnous,

We are looking into this issue at the moment. Thank you.

Hi chin leng, is there any way where I can upload file in a conversation ? Can't seem to do it.
Hi Jungle,

Yes, you can upload file in a conversation by clicking on the "upload a file" button located below the text input box where you reply to a message:

upload_2014-3-10_13-55-31.png

Hi chin leng
Sorry for not clarifying my questions. I meant upload a file in a conversation using Mobile android.

Back