Blockbuster English or The learning lab?

Jennifer Tan

Hey fellow mummies! I am thinking about enrolling my ds to english tuition. any idea if Blockbuster English or The learning lab is better? Staying around Whampoa so considering these two centres at Novena.

Hi Jennifer and fellow mummies,
I am also looking for reviews on Learning Lab, as they just started a Junior college, offering pre-school enrichment classes on Maths and English. I m exploring English enrichment classes for my K1 boy to enroll next year. Thinking of preparing him for P1. Just like u, Learning Lab happened to have a center nearby. I went to other forum, the kiasuxxx.com, but they have shut down the thread for this service provider liao...not sure what had happened.

Hopefully, any kind mummy can share with us their view on the centers.

Hello,
I m exploring English enrichment classes for my K1 boy to enroll next year. Thinking of preparing him for P1. Just like u, Learning Lab happened to have a center nearby.

Hi,

My child had been with learning lab English since P3 till P5. To be honest, don't waste your money and time. The amount of time and money spent doesn't tally and not worth. I regret sending my child there. At first I thought the problems lied with my child but after spoken to so many parents and I realised it was not. Most of the parents withdrawn their children by P5 as we see results worsening.

Hi,

My child had been with learning lab English since P3 till P5. To be honest, don't waste your money and time. The amount of time and money spent doesn't tally and not worth. I regret sending my child there. At first I thought the problems lied with my child but after spoken to so many parents and I realised it was not. Most of the parents withdrawn their children by P5 as we see results worsening.

Hi, did you just withdraw your child from Learning Lab this year? Do you still keep their materials? If yes, I would like to ask if you are willing to selling their Composition materials to me? Pls advise. Thanks.

Hi,

Hi Kpopmum

I understand your frustration. Many parents do comment on how they see their children's results drop in P5. But as an ex-school teacher and tutor now, I try to highlight to my students and their parents that there's a jump in expectations and work difficulty from P4 - P5 (This also applies for P6 to Sec1, from sec 2 to sec 3). Marking is also stricter at P5 compared to P4. So, a more accurate perception of your child's progress, is to look at your child's performance relative to the other students in the class (or level if you like). Having said this, the raw score on the student's test sheets should also improve by the 2nd half of the year, once he or she is used to the shift in standards, work and marking.

An effective enrichment or tuition programme depends on many factors: experience and skill of the teacher, the teacher's dedication and professionalism (constantly working to find and apply effective teaching methods); quality of curriculum taught and given; teacher-student chemistry and compatibility in teaching and learning styles. Some students fare better in a group while others will benefit more from 1-to-1 tuition.

Here's wishing you all the best in finding a suitable tutor or programme for your child!

Hi
Does anyone hve kids in learning lab maths ?
Is it gd or any particular center that is better in terms of maths tuition?
Thx!

Back