(1999) calling all 1999 babies

CCA is not compulsory until Pri 4, right? However kids are encouraged to take up as early as Pri 3.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi mommies

Looking for Encyclopedia for my kids. Appreciate your recommendations
happy.gif

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/353638/1657114.html

hi all,
my son is in P3. He is weak in his compo, a lot of spelling mistakes and sentence structure problems. Does anyone know of a center that can help? thanks

Hi P3Mum

We placed our P3 son in The Learning Lab for English earlier this year and we've seen significant improvements in his compo and vocab. You can consider this centre. Its at United Square.

Hi Lexin,
thanks.I heard that Learning Lab screen the student before accepting them. Do they do progress assessment? What happen if they think the child did not meet their standard?

Hi P3Mum
There is a test before they are enrolled. I was given the impression that its objective is to assess the child so that they can better place the child in a right class. However having said that, my son did not do the test and they gave us a class time slot after a wait of 2 months. I am not sure why though.

They have tests every term. But no progress reports given to parents on how child is faring. I gauge its effectiveness from my son's school work grades. We are happy with son's improvement in English and most important of all is he enjoys the class very much despite having to do a fair bit of homework almost every week.

Lexin and all

Can I join in?

Lexin,do you happen to stay around that area?I did think of sending my gal there but the distance really hold me back...

Do you mum intend to start tuition for your kids in some subject for p4?

Currently, am teaching my gal all subjects, m thinking whether I should farm out some subjects,like chinese, even though I can manage...

Hi Lexin,
I understand that you know of a tutor who can push the kids and helps them to excel. Do you mind to tell me more about this tutor and the contact? I have outsourced the english since P1, not very good in english myself. As for chinese, I did so mid of this year (his result is terrible).

Hi Lexin,
sorry, my previous query is to address to Joy747.
Hi Joy747,
hope you can help. I always have problem trying to coach my son. Have been changing tuition center for him every year. Still searching for one that can help him.

<font size="+1"><font color="aa00aa">Hi mummies,

<font color="0000ff">Am looking for P3 Maths/Eng/Sci:
1. Textbooks
2. Workbooks (i dun mind if it is completed/done)
3. test papers/exam papers (photocopies will do)
4. English spelling lists (type out email to me or photocopy/fax to me also can)

If you have to giveaway, pls PM me. condition does not matter, as long as all pages as intact and can still be read/used. </font>

Need them ASAP, esp for eng &amp; maths. sci not urgent.

Reason for needing these: fren jus moved back to SG from london. her gal is taking entry exam to a local pri sch &amp; apparently wot she learnt in london is totalli different from SG, so she needs to noe e SG syllabus ASAP. her entry exam is on end oct, so gotta help her fast. thanks!!!!

willing to exchange with items/small tokens.
thanks!!

NOTE: Do not need assessment books as another kind mummy has donated those, unless your assessments are totally brand new, i can consider buying them if the price is reasonable (budget is $1-3/bk)

REF: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/451986/1774228.html?1223713123</font></font>

<font size="+1">btw, if u need recommendation for good tutor, can PM me. i got a very good home tutor to recommend.</font>

Sorry to interrupt .

Mummies , my gal going P1 next year . So would like to ask any recommendation for English course that is good .

Any mummies send their kids to British Council ? Is this good ?

Hi Joy747

I do not live around United Square. My boy is ferried there and sometimes we take the bus. Its only once/week, so still can manage the distance.

We'll maintain his tuition in P4.

<font size="+1"><font color="aa00aa">Hi mummies,

My friend is looking to compile test and exam papers from any school/level.

If you have, do PM me. All you need to do is photocopy the test/exam papers and mail it to her.
She'll send you a SAE and give you a token in return.

For mummies who contribute, she will also give a copy of the compiled sets to you via mail if you want
(you will need to pay for postage).

Do let me know if you have any! It does not matter what school or level, as long as it is a test/exam paper!
<font color="0000ff">
Please PM with the following details:
School:
Level(s):
Subject(s):
Test/Exam Paper that you have: (eg. CA1, SA1, CA2, SA2)
Your mailing address: (so she can send SAE)

</font>

THANKS!!</font></font>

Does any one know of a good coach for table-tennis or badminton for kids? My dd would like to learn

Thanks, sas. Wonder, is she fierce? or child friendly? Where does she teach? Would appreciate how your child likes the coach?

Hi Easy, Lin Mu - male coach. He and his partner teaches at Clementi, Tampines, Khatib and woodlands area. My son has been training under him for a few years and knew alot of friends.

Make appointment with Lin Mu and bring your dd to see see look look at other children during training then decide later. No obligation as Lin Mu is easy going type.

Thanks Sas. Will try to get dd's friends to join in, hopefully more interesting. Are there usu more boys who learn badminton?

I saw the message above about exam papers.

Why don't you all go to www.idiscipulus.com? There are exam papers/test papers available for download...for free. It's also a great online learning tool. Esp with all these H1N1 fears...don't need face-to-face contact. Save a lot of $$$ too, it's much cheaper than centre tuition.

Basically, it was started up by an ex-VJC teacher and all of its tutors are teachers from top schools. Some of these teachers have even trained students for Physics, Maths Olympiad, etc. Subjects offered include Maths, Physics, CHemistry, Econs, English, GP.

To ask academic questions, what you do is you have to buy credits on the website, and then you can start posting questions to help your child. Credits will be deducted per question, but it's so much cheaper than conventional tuition.

Hope this helps!

School work is kind of demanding on our kids nowadays. Project work seems to be an in-thing. some even need to do survey. Face this with my kids in sec and JC.

Seeking for your help... to complete one 5-min survey. Need to collect 100 responses?!#@? Tough!!!

Pls click here if you can help>>>
How prepared are we for emergencies?
FOR PARENTS WITH SCHOOL GOING CHILDREN.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif
online survey
Emergency .. your views is important.doc (26.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Hi mums, just wanna share a photo contest for kids 5-12.

Can submit photo in either categories

1) Confident child
2) Thumbs Up
3) Dressed in red, black and white

Winners will recieve a free fingerprint personality test 20 page report for the entire family(supposedly came up by Harvard - and it's supposed to be dead accurate. The test is sold for $880 in schools).

Anyway details are here:

http://sg.******************/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=81

Hi,
I just joined this forum.
I am looking for a very patient and good home tutor for Chinese (P2 level). Any recommendations ?
Also, my family will be travelling for a 3-week holiday come year end....sorry, this is rather embarrassing...does anyone know where I can buy disposable bra in Singapore ?? The stores like Watson and Guardian sell only disposable underwear only...
Thanks and regards,

Hi,
I am a mother of two boys borned in 1999 and 2003 and also author of Parent Times at http://parentimes.com. You are welcome to visit my blog and share parenting insights
happy.gif
Feel free to also add me (Parent Times) as friend in facebook.

I am a contestant of the "I'm A Mom Blogger Contest" by Dumex Mamil Gold. Do support me and vote for me at http://www.natural-defence.com
happy.gif
(I am Denesa). Each voter is allowed to cast a vote every three hourly. Top Voter gets to win prize too
happy.gif
)

Mummies,

Do u have any reccomendation for Sec Maths tutor in the East area?
Dd just finished P6. Her current maths tutor is good but only teaches up to primary levels.

Thanks

Mrs Ee

any good tutor to recommend?
looking for english/maths tutor for son in P1(2012). pls pm me, thanks

Back