Confinement Lady recommendation?

I totally agree with YJ post above in regards to her CL experiences from her confinement agency.

I too didnt have good experience with 1st 2 CL and was eventually given a good one by another reputable agency, (claim to have the biggest market share in singapore CL market)

I believe i'd conveyed across to the sales consultant on my needs/wants and asked 2b given a good CL with experience & knowledge for my 1st pregnancy. The first was the worst... I dont think CL are rude or what but I can say they are rather insensitive to mummy's feelings.

I was trying so hard to BF my BB and due to being 1st time mum tired after delivery, struggling to establish milk flow.... however all the while still staying very positive and determined UNTIL.... this clever CL commented non stop that my milk supply is low... bb hungry that's why crying.... this is the first time she see a bb cry so much... and she couldnt understand why my bb regurgitate so much too!!!!!

Her comments worries me so much till i'm constantly in close contact with my bb PD getting reassurance that my bb is fine, which the PD said it's normal.... i told this CL that but she still made the same remarks, totally forgetten abt what my PD said...

I was actually in fine mood till I met this CL and stress me up big time.... and she didnt like it when my mum in law bought food over & briefly instructed her what to cook for me..... she could at times spent 2 whole hrs in the kitchen preparing meals when I had a maid to help out!!??? i already told her to ask my maid to prepare food 1st and I guess she refused wanting to cook everything by herself.... or maybe avoid taking care of bb.... imagine her time spent preparing lunch and dinner.... i thought why pay to bear with all this during my precious confinement period? CL are supposed to relieve our burden right...

The last straw came when she used the rolled up tissue paper to clean my small bb nose and could have been too rough with her action causing my bb to scream.... my hubby blew up big time and asked her to leave immediately...

The 2nd one came and started complaining hand injured before and couldnt work well....???? than why accept this job in first place?? she too told me my milk supply not enough and couldnt understand why my bb cry so much.... she claimed this is the first time she hear a bb cry so much..... well.... she must be thinking she is lucky enough to always get jobs that are relaxing and have bb sleeping thru all the time, no need her to carry.... we started to accept reality that this is the quality of CL services...

The 3rd one actually set the benchmark and we realised what we had been missing .... she was good!!! or maybe there are better one out there but she was excellent compared 2 the 1st two....i did not think i'd treated her any differently but she was the kind of CL that put mummies mind at ease....

very proactive, took initiative, really knew her work well and taught me alot, respected me having problem with BF and taught me to supplement a little with FM after BF, in case bb didnt get enough... she put it in a very normal way which i think most ppl could accept... unlike the 1st two CL comments which made me feel lousy & insulted....

i must say her cooking is fantastic and she's fast in her cooking preparation at most staying an hour in kitchen... i allowed them to ask my maid to prepare food first before CL actually cooked them.... I think i'm being reasonable here....

she had no complains waking up feeding my bb... very diligent and pleasant CL....

well...I'm surprised she's not in one of the testimonial shown on the agency website and instead i was super surprise when i saw a testimonial by a customer engaging my "2nd" CL services ..... the one I rejected... ???

therefore not all nanny from an agency are good.... we just have to try our best to highlight our needs and hoping that agency wtill sent a good one over.... just like employing a maid.... cant guarantee good... or maybe i should put it that everyone expectation are different... it might suit me but not to another....

wishing all mummies here enjoy their confinement period to the fullest and take care!!!

above are just some personal sharings of my CL experiences...

Hi,

Can share which agency and the names of the CL as l am thinking of engaging the services from agency.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Would like to check if any mummies here needed to apply for a working permit (?) or some sort of pass for their confinement lady?

I just called up one, and she said that as she would be away for 2 months for her previous job, if she were to take up mine after dat, i would need to apply for the pass or permit which costs $100+. Is this true?

First-time engaging a CL, so really not sure how things work. Greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Hi,

I would like to recommend my CL. She reali help me alot thru-out my confinement and dote on my son alot. She is a real gd cook and oways surprise me with the dishes. She is very willing to share her baby care knowledge and give very good advice as well.

For e first few days bk from hospital, im suffering from block ducts, she actually help me to massage everyday. She even boil herbal water for me to 'steam' my body in order to remove some water retention.

If interested, may contact her at 84203863/ 016-3732275 Ah Qing.

Hi mummies,

Anyone engaged Aunty Mary before?

SG HP : 82619739

Msia HP : 0167421551

She says she fully booked till end this year but recommended me her jie mei Yu Lan.

Asking for $400 deposit

And does not give me Yu Lan's number saying can contact through her.

Aunty Mary claims she is in her late forties,

Just checking if she is reliable before I transfer the deposit to her.

Please help!!!

If not any good CL to recommend?

Hi YJ,

Is Ying Jie having a contact number of 84072183 (SIN), 60178737078 (Mal) ?

I spoke to a Ying Jie recently and wanna confirm if she is the person you mentioned. I have not met her before.

Thanks

Hi jasline,you don't accept PM, I have actually engaged aunty Ann's service this July 19th but last minute she told me that she couldn't make it cos having rashes and fever. So she recommend me another CL to do confinement for me... She will be coming over on today. When r u due?

For Good Confinement Lady.. U can call Auntie Choo @ hp:98476976

She a non-stay CL can cook delcious CL Food with different method on 28days, Honest & great experience & Flexible lady.....u call her meet her & find out yourself...

@ hp:98476976

Hi, JK. So Far so good... She's quite a good cook, will wake up to help me when I'm breast feeding in the night. But have to see cos only 1 and a half day only.

Hi I am due in mid dec, will need a gd confinement lady who is willing to travel to japan to help me out.

any recommendation ?

Will like to share my experience with 2 CLs that I have hired. I was early by 2.5 weeks (gynae wanted to induce) and my original CL can't come as she needed to go on holiday with her family. She tried to find a CL for me but could not get anyone. In the end, the day before I was induced, I was frantically looking for a CL to cover for a week before she was available.

I got a contact and got Auntie Fong as my CL. She happened to be available before her next assignment which was due a week after. She is very good and took very good care of me and baby in her 1 week stint here. She cooks very well and in her one week here she taught me a lot of handy tips in showering, feeding and soothing babies.

When my original CL came, Jasmine (Singaporean), it was a total nightmare and she was so unhygienic and yet kept bragging about how capable she is. She is demanding (maybe becoz she is Singaporean) and kept insisting that baby is not hungry and refuse to let me feed when he cries non-stop for an hour In the end, i sacked her after a week and coped with 3 weeks w/o CL.

I miss Auntie Fong a lot and asked her to come back and teach me again how to shower my baby after her assignment which ended last week. She is very jovial and bubbly and has a lot of passion in her job. She is responsible and very willing to teach mothers, maids and grandparents on wat to eat and what not to eat and what to cook etc.

She is with me now can be contacted at 83864182 or 016 7430588 (u can quote Liping for reference). I know she has an assignment in HK till next year March and she will be available after that. I do not gain anything for advertising her. Just that she has been receiving jobs from other CLs that takes commission from her and will like to help her get some jobs and get the full rate that she deserves.

Just in case, the CL Jasmine (Singaporean) which is very atas and unhygienic, her number is 91279879. Please avoid her at all cost. She charges above market rate as well.

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 3:20 pm:       

I would like to recommend my confinement lady as well.. Before this, I always find posts that recommends their CL dubious as in why would someone post and highly recommend their CL for nothing.. Now I know..

Im very grateful to my CL. So grateful that there is nothing I can do but to recommend more "business" for her.. She really takes good care of me and my baby.. She is strict with baby's routine in order to set a good habit for the baby (eg. like drinking milk at certain timings, not to carry baby immediately when they cry, encourages me to pump more breastmilk for baby, making plenty of different soup/drinks).

She is also very nice and ensure I am good and well.. She prepares breakfast, lunch, tea break, dinner and supper for me because she says those who are specially on breast feeding have to eat more so as to have more milk. Even if it means I need a milo nearing her bed time, she will be smiling and making it for me.. In fact, she is always happy that Im eating more coz I don't have much appetite during this period..

For those who are into breast feeding, she is very supportive of it. She will ensure I drink enough fluid to have enough milk and she don't let me do anything but always encourages me to rest and rest..

Of course, there are plenty of good things about her and Im very grateful to it..

Her name is Lily Goh or Yan Jie and anyone interested can contact her at 8242 6108 / 016-746 1157.

It's really a matter of luck who you get as a CL. Just like employing a maid.

Unfortunately, CL is needed during a period of time that is stressful with the new baby coming.

Just to share my experience.

I had no CL for my 1st pregnancy and mum helped to cook and MIL did the housework. It's pretty tiring for the parents if there's no maid around. Can't do that for my second child, so my sister in law recommended me a CL from malaysia who is currently doing my confinement.

She has 5yrs of experience. She does the cooking for me, hubby and my oldest boy, clean my entire kitchen/fridge on the 1st day and even made space in my fridge to store my bottles of breast milk. plus she checks in regularly on me and BB at night, ços I requested to sleep with BB due to breast feeding.

She even offered to cook red eggs and pig trotters for my BB 1st mth celebration and I told her no need to.

She's really dedicated and loves carrying my BB. I have recommended her to 2 of my church friends.

For those that are interested, Her name is Mei姐, she's fully booked till june next year.

her HP 81103629 malaysia no : 0173446388

- Hopes she can help mum who need good CL

hi, i'm due end of next june and is looking for a reliable CL. After going through all these threads, I'm in a dilemma if I shld still go ahead with freelance CL or engage an agency.

I've spoken to a few freelance CLs as well as the agencies. Am very skeptical as my MIL helped to engage a freelance CL recommended by another very good CL for my #1. But she turns out to be a nightmare! Hence, for my #2, she dared not to engage any CL though I wanted one.

But now with #3, I really need one as I didn't want to go thru the pain and frustration w/o a CL.

Any kind advice pls?

Hi my confinement is ending this week and we r very satisfied with my CL. My friend and cousin have both engaged her before and feedback of her were excellent. Her clients are mainly repeated customers and it is advisable to book her as soon as u know u are pregnant. She is a superb cook, very easy-going (not stubborn), hygenic and very good at handling baby e.g she'll slowly and patiently talk to baby and comfort her on those many sleepless nights and yet she's still able to freshen up the next day and complete all the chores. Amazing energy indeed! She also cooks for the family and looks after my elder son with the help of my helper. She is also v pro bf-ing and brew soup & cook fish daily to boost my BM supply unlike my previous CL. Her contact as follows: Auntie Baozhen: 8267 7197 / +60 17 721 8523

Hi Mummies,

I understand how difficult it is to get a good help, so I thought I’ll share mine, Aunty Ah Yun.

She had come recommended by my mom’s friend, who claims that she is very experienced, can cooked, does the laundry for the newborn, willing to care for the newborn at night and was very helpful (apparently, she helped trained her new maid in caring for the baby).

I had to say, she came as advertised.

I’m currently two weeks into my confinement and she had really been a great help. This is my second child and I had never know that there are phrases in confinement… Apparently there is and it include the food and Eastern supplements that I should be taking. She cooks all three meals, with variety.

My little girl has the habit of falling asleep while drinking milk, thus it really requires patient to do so. Aunty Ah Yun does it with gusto and will try to wake her up when she fall asleep by burping or changing her diapers (very patient).

I also find Aunty Ah Yun very hygienic, regardless of food preparation or caring for my girl.

Since she is already here with me for two weeks, I will suggest that any mummies who will like to meet her before engaging her to call her up during this period to arrange a meet. Oh, she is very popular and I understand most of her slots are already book. However, her July slot is currently available due to unforeseen circumstances.

Her contact number:8130 8583 (SG Hp) or 016-6098059(MY Hp)

to all mums,

i wanna recommend my confinement lady auntie ah Kee if you are looking for a good reliable and trustworthy confinement lady.

Im still doing confinement now so if you wanna speak to her u may call her singapore number.84395879

I even extended her till mid august to help me.

Im not advertising for her. i jus find her V nice and wishes that she gets more jobs.

auntie Ah kee say as long as work happy, everyone happy can liao.

Pros:

1. Super clean, Baths and change of clothes after every cooking

2. Starts her day early ard 7

3. Very systematic. she bathes baby every morning are 9am and cleans her again in the evening ard 6pm.

4. prepares my water for shower every evening and after i shower she'll always ensure i have warm chicken essence/ birds nest.

5.easily awakes for night feeds and i can leave my baby in her good hands.

6. not lazy. evening if she has time for rest during noon she will only rest awhile then start to find things to do.

7.easy going. doesnt mind cooking for the family. she can eat left overs from us and she doesnt mind

8. always ensure im not hungry and my portion of food is always quite a huge serving. whereas, herself, she eats simple veg w rice or leftovers

9. doesnt mind sleeping in the living room as we have no rooms for her.

10.always makes HOT towel for me before BF and ensure i have my longan drink during BF and very encouraging when i dun have enuf milk

cons:

food has not much variation. however i dun mind as the food she cooks is tasty enuf.

Please email me if u need verification.

[email protected]

Would like to caution all MTBs out there NOT to hire this nightmare CL from M'sia. Sacked her after 2 weeks because really cannot tolerate her behaviour anymore.

Her name is Lan Ee, Sg no: 82854384 Msia no: 6016-9188648. She has a very big mole on her face and is plump with short dyed hair.

She was recommended highly to me and when we interviewed her during my pregnancy, she was friendly,supports breastfeeding and appears kind and capable.

Once arrived at our home within 3 days, here are the things she did

- badly overfeed my baby with FM until my PD told us to reduce her feeds

-unhygienc. I found my red dates oily and also found the dishwashing wire sponge's metal pieces in my food. I also got food posioning and had to see GP because of her unhygenic food.

- always watching tv when baby's sleeping. Initially, I was alright with it provided she did her chores but she didn't

- didn't change baby's nappies on time, resulting in bad nanny rashes. When questioned her about it, replied very rudely and refused to put on new diaper for baby. Then baby pooed all over the bed and even the poo flew on the floor.

- wasted our expensive herbs by using it in unnecessary large qty. Asked us to buy so much herbs until $500 and for her to waste!!!

The list can go on ...I was also put off by her bad attitude towards my parents in laws especially my mother in law. She also tried to create dispute by telling made up stories about my mother in law to me and when speaking to my mother in law. she made up stories about me.We only realised after we sacked her. Luckily, our relationship was not damaged by her tales.

Please don't hire this horrible CL and live to regret it like me. Hope this will help MTBs out there!

Just read this and we hired her too, highly recommended by another confinement nanny saying she's like the "golden trophy" of confinement nannies. She arrived at our place saying she forgot her glasses, had to rush out to buy a pair, went out for half a day. Came back all flustered complaining that can't do all within half a day. Should she not be prepared with all these before arriving into Spore? Then her nails were so long, we told her to have short nails as that's hygienic. And not to wear rings. She was so unhappy. Then my son's face has scratches, we asked her what happened, she said he did it to himself.... Huh? How can he when his hands were wrapped with baby gloves!

When we started telling her every household is different vs the rest, she snapped back and said her past clients were doctors, who are we to tell her what to do??? We fired her in less than 2 weeks. She called back a few weeks later, obviously with no job and accused us for short-changing her... Hullooo .... And of course when we paid her and asked her to pack up, she did not say a thing.... So all the mummies out there, BE WARNED of this Lan Yi person!

Last edited:
For those who are looking for confinement nannies, I would highly recommend mine.

She has great sense of responsibility, takes care of Baby and family well.
She also does fantastic cooking for us so that you would not feel sick of your confinement food.
She is not lazy. Would make sure everything is well prepared for mother and baby before going to bed.
She is Very easy going, good hygiene and she eats simple food (even overnight food we can’t finish, she would not waste them all)
I learnt a lot from her. Most impotently very good hygiene towards Baby to the point that she would always make sure baby is properly washed and cleaned (to the extend of even a little poo) to prevent rashes.

As I have heard alot of stories about confinement nannies whom are not even qualified to take care of Baby, don’t even know how to cook simple food etc, etc..

Not advertising for her but Hoping all Mummies out there who needs a confinement nanny would be well taken care of like me.

Feel free to call her for a chat at +60122521118 (Auntie Xian)

Irene
([email protected])

Back