(Help needed) baby waking up middle of the night

june2012

I need advice and help!

I am a working mum with 4 months old baby girl. Lately, my baby keep waking up at 2am or 3am and refuse to go back to sleep. I tried feeding her, patting her, even put her in yaolan, she just keep crying. She only stop when I hug her or play with her. I also tried ignoring her and let her cry it out but she cried louder and louder until the whole family woke up cos of her.

After playing for 2 hours, she will go back to sleep, which is about 5am. But the problem is she only sleep 1 hour in the afternoon, and I put her to sleep only at 9pm.

I am like zombie at work now. How to settle?

How about trying these to see if can help ...

1. Put a small radio (tune to a very soft volume) beside the bed so as to give some sound and voice (DJ) like there's people around to give her comfort.

2. Turn on a night light (dim soft and NOT bright shining type)

3. When she cry, carry her and give her some warm water to sip first before pat her back to sleep.

I babysit my DD everynight and I personally tried the above and works during her first 6months.

But she got other problems (also wake up in the middle of night like stomach discomfort) after 6months which I am still struggling to manage .... *sigh*

I need advice and help!

I am a working mum with 4 months old baby girl. Lately, my baby keep waking up at 2am or 3am and refuse to go back to sleep. I tried feeding her, patting her, even put her in yaolan, she just keep crying. She only stop when I hug her or play with her. I also tried ignoring her and let her cry it out but she cried louder and louder until the whole family woke up cos of her.

After playing for 2 hours, she will go back to sleep, which is about 5am. But the problem is she only sleep 1 hour in the afternoon, and I put her to sleep only at 9pm.

I am like zombie at work now. How to settle?
Hi, I am facing the same prob at times too. Has your prob been solved? Pls share with me pls, thks!

Back