(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Babywonder: am sending my boy to pats, where his sister is in too. Easier, drop and fetch both at the same time. It's a childcare centre, half-day school- 7am-1pm but I'll drop at 830 and fetch at 1230.

Romper: all cosmetics, liquids, creams or gels, only small 100ml max.

I brought packet juice, biscuits, milk powder and kids' water bottle onboard, so far, never instructed to throw away. Only once my own tube of Victoria secrets moisturizer, big tube one, got confiscated! I carelessly left it in hand-carry luggage. Baby cutlerys ok to bring but scissors cannot.

Hope these help.

Romper: oh ya, Aussie stations they have a beagle or Labrador retriever to go round smelling the passengers' bags, nothing extra, with kids, they will be more lenient. FYI

Babywonder - u r refering to PCF nursery (2 hr/3hr) or PCF childcare ctr?

If PCF childcare (sparkletots) - their cost is $314 after WMS when i check it out early this yr for fernvale brunch..Cheapest among all CC which i have been.

But curriculum wise unsure.

I visited NTUC my 1stskool at amk - $360/mth. The principle is veri patient but thru conversation, they are more on bookbase teaching.Unlike Pte CC, where hands on learning is given(water activity,gardening,play ground) my 1stskool outdoor activity would be roaming about at the void deck or simple games.

But my 1stskool would be good enough if u r looking at introducing kids social skill

Chloe Goh (hapigal): Thks so much for sharing the info here! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

U r right, I feel the same way too for My 1stSkool too..

Any mommies gg to send their child to PCF nursery/CC or private CC to recommend?

Babywonder: cost is $8xx after subsidy for half day. Love the curriculum. At least it's comprehensive enough and children gets a balance of play and study. And the rest of the time i can spend with my kids. Must say that They prepare the kids well for primary school in terms of the maturity, and independence.

Depending on what your emphasis is on, if you want acedemic, you will have to supplement with enrichment classes on-top-of-school curriculum. If you want them to be engaged in other hands-on activity then just send to a middle-to-high end cc and the rest of the time is yours to handle.

Like cc cos I have the flexibility of time in sending and picking up kid. I can send from 7am-1pm but I choose to send at 830 and pick up at 1230.

Kindy is usually 2-3 hour schedule which is not my cup of tea- its like, i cant do much after i drop them. I need the time so I can still run errands and have a little me time to maintain my sanity. So take into account all these factors when you choose a school. As long as the principal is reliable, her teachers are motivated and the environment is satisfactory, I think it's a not bad school already. FYI.

Jo (jogwyn) : Thks alot for ur info, Jo!! I like ur "I need the time so I can still run errands and have a little me time to maintain my sanity." tts basically wat I need to.. Lol...

In fact, jus as wat u hv said,it really breaks down to the teachers n principal..Plus environment is really one of the impt factor.

Thks Jo!!

Babywonder: ya ya ya!!! It's no joke tending to the kids 24/7! By night when they sleep, there's only so little energy left to do things. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] as they grow, their needs increases so me time is more important. I like to have me time in am so I can be zested up for the day! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Happy hunting. Don't over-compare though. Maybe 4-5 schools is good enough. If you find the school you want halfway, just go for it, leave the other 2 schools out, assuming you have 5.

Jo (jogwyn) : Yes u r so right!! its really 24/7 thingy!! And by the time they r asleep,what else is left for us??? haizzz....

Am so tired everytime till I get so frustrated n moody out of the blue sometimes and ended up nt talking or ignoring my hb... -_-||| [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_cry.gif]

Im still on a lookout for d school and hopefully I can find one tt i prefer.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babywonder: tiredness bound to have but remember that our sacrifices won't go down the drain. I'm sure it will last them a lifetime. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Jia you! ;)

Btw, young parents has an upcoming seminar about choosing a Pre-school. They will discuss about the different schools and what they offer. Like Montessori or normal cc, and many other topics. It may be helpful to your school hunting. Check it out. Details and registration can be done through the young parents website. Hope this info is useful.

Jo (jogwyn) :Thks alot for ur help and encouragement! It's nt easy but its the smile the lil one give to us tt makes my sacrifices worthwhile.. Yes,I do believe it'll last them a lifetime! Thks for the info! I'll check it out! 谢谢你!

I am a Nov 2010 mummy who needs some advice here:

My son still has a habit of waking up in the middle of the night for milk! Recently, it got worse, waking up at times as many as 3 times per night!

I tried many methods like carried him, offering water to him, delay the time to give him milk but nothing works. He screams, struggles and kicks vigorously.

I am sleep deprived and frustrated. What should I do?

Muffin: they have regressions. Don't digress from your routine. Keep the consistency, kid will "recall" and go back to routine. Did you make any Changes to him lately? Or even environmentally, any changes?

Hi all mommies,

Any toddlers taking pedisure?

I have 3 tins of 400g to be sold or exchange for Enfagrow.

Please PM me coz I seldom chk this site anymore.

Thanks

Hello Jo!

Thanks so much for your reply. I did try to keep to the same bedtime routine - bathe / story book / milk / sleep. Also no crazy playing with daddy after bathing. No change made to him, including environmental leh.

Abt 2-3 am, he will start to make noise. Usually after milk, he will go back to sleep. But since last month, his nite wakings have become worse. Seems like having nightmares. Last nite, he even got up looking scared and rushed to my bed, wanted me to carry him :eek:

I am quite resigned that I probably have a difficult baby in terms of sleep and feeding! Sigh...

muffin: you are not alone!! my girl is still waking up at least once-twice for her milk...and a few times just to wail or call "mama mama"...these two days even worse suddenly cry and don't want to stop (like throw tantrum those kind)...i am as sleep deprived as you...*shake hand*...

Muffin: hi hi... Oh dear, how about tv? Is kid plough right in front of tv for long hours or frequent times? Shows that we thought are innocent may not be afterall; it may be "violent" in their sense. Advertisements are included. So do monitor. Swim or any walk in park, neighborhood; outdoors basically, all will promote good sleep. Hope you can nip the bud soon.

Hi! I am looking for a swim group during weekdays after 5pm for my 20 months old daughter preferably near to Woodlands. Anyone keen to form a group?

I can't find any toddlers swim group in the north and all instructors asked me to form a group to start.

Hi Mummies,

Helping a friend to post this:

Looking for mums who consider their kids as picky eaters. 30 minutes survey at central area. $40 incentive for attending. 

Age of Mum must be between 21-45.

Age of Kids must be between 1-10.

Please call Pearl at 62721691

Note: You will be subjected to a 5 min questionnaire over the phone to confirm if you qualify the requirements for the survey.

Hi mummies,

Have not checked in here for a Long time. How have your kiddos been?

My girl has been falling sick rather often. Almost antibiotics every 3-4 weeks. Sigh.. Any recommendations for supplements to boost her immunity?

TIA!

Cheers

Hi Ermmm, this thread has been quiet for a long time.. Haaaaa

Hmm is yr girl attending CC thats why falling sick more often. My boy hvnt started on his CC. Will be gg only in Jan 2013. So his health so far so good. *fingers crossed*

Maybe u can boost yr girl immunity with some supplements. I give my boy probiotics with colostrum and also Sambucol. [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Happy 2013 all Nov mummies!! Wonder how many of you went on to have #2 and #3 already...hehehe...[IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ya abit quite nowaday, so hows' all mummies/daddies doing now? or started 2nd or 3 rd one already?
n1 finishing
now need to look for n2 class as my little racal school only do n1 ONLY

Back