Baby less than 6 months old sleeping in "Yao lan".

sharen_ng

Hi ladies, any of your babies less than 6 mths sleeping in "yao lan"? Will it affect their back cos they still cannot sit up. Will it also affect their breathing pattern?

Hi Sharen

my then bb boy slept in yao lan when he was 1 month old... it's ok, won't affect their back...and it wou;d not affect their breathing pattern.

My girl too has been sleeping in baby cot during her first few months at night but in the day time she will sleep in yao lan until now she is coming 8 months old.. she prefer sleepin in yao lan at night too probably is more cooling to sleep in yao lan than the cot.. but soon gonna train her to go back to her baby cot again

Mine initially slept in spring baby cot but later I train him to sleep in normal crib. worried he may not get used to the noraml bed when travelling overseas etc.

I had the same fear of using yao lan initially, brought a bed for my baby. H/ever, after sleeping for a few weeks, i noticed his head is flattened!! cos he only likes to sleep on a particular side, no matter how we turn his head over, he will go back to his fav side again. Thereafter, from friends' advises, we bought a yao lan (or sarong) and it helped corrected his head shape. Now though not perfect, it was better than before. He slept in the yao lan till 14 mths.

hi all..

sorry if this is going off topic.. sorry to original thread starter but i am just curious.

to all mummies whose babies/toddlers sleep in yaolan, do you all have difficulties when bringing them out? are they able to sleep in stroller outside? do they stop sleeping in the yaolan themselves? how to train them to get to sleep without rocking?

thanks!

as we dont have yao lan on wkend, my son need more coaxin to slp.

ya, need training to 'quit' yao lan. as mine was electric, i started off by switchin off whenever he deep aslp. once he get used to it, i started transferin him fr yao lan to bed when he deep aslp. currently i always pat him to slp in my arms (Tirin but no choice) or juz lay him on his side & let him hug his bolster while pattin him to slp. now i can actually take off the yao lan but it's still easier to coax him to slp in yao lan b4 i transfer.& he still slp longer in yao lan when he take his afternoon naps. night time no prob.

Dear all mummies and mum-to-be [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I am from aug mum.

I have some items to let go for your consideration:

-Avent electronic single pump(warranty till May 2011)

-New Avent 125ml bottle x 1

-New Pigeon disposable pad 36x2 boxes

-2 days old Auto Yau Lan

-less then 30mins old Bumbo seat(reserved)

-Mom R us sling

-Net rocker

-New Nanny Bottle 250ml x3

-New Baby Boy cloth Sets

-Madela SM cream sets x 2

Pls PM me if u interested.

Happy Boxing Day and rest well b4 the big day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My 2 mth old slept in a playpen during the 1st month. From 2nd month, have been sleeping in yaolan in the afternoon , and on our bed at night. So far, no problem with his back or breathing.

Actually, i would prefer him not to sleep in yaolan as worried he'll get used to it, but weather nowadays is too hot. I don't want him to get used to sleeping in aircon, and he doesnt sleep too long on the playpen as he'll get sweaty back and will then start crying. For sarong, at least has ventilation holes and he feels cooler. I just rock him to sleep, and once he's asleep, we dun rock anymore.

my bb slept in the yaolan for a few mths only, when she could sit up you must be careful, cos my baby actually tried to climb out of the yaolan.

Hi

Just to share, my 2 kids sleep in yao lan too. My son auto kick off in sleeping in yao lan when he was ard 7 or 8 months old. I have just stopped my daughter sleeping in yao lan. Now she is in 18 motnhs... Initally is difficult but in 2 weeks time, she get used to it liao...

Hi,

My 14mths son is sleeping in the yao lan during the day time. At nite we'll put him on the bed. So far so gd for him. There are those type where you can zipped up. I find it more safe as it'll not b dat easy esp the older toddlers will try to climb out.

Dear all mummies,

Yes, my five month old girl is sleeping in the yao lan and its really a challenge when we are out of the house.

However, during the night, she would prefer to sleep on the bed with me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back