Shaking baby's head to burp!!! Help!!!!!

sharen_ng

Hi Ladies, any of your caregivers have done anything that you think is not correct or not to the well being of your baby? Well, I am in that situation now. My MIL takes care of my baby. It was these few days that I realised that she shook my baby's head to burp my baby!!! Her force is quite great too. I read in the internet that babies are prone to have SHAKEN BABY SYNDROME and it can be very dangerous if babies are shake very violently. I already told her not to shake baby's head but to pat her back after drinking milk. But I will not know what she's doing while I am working. How????? Very troubled!!!!!!!

Oh my! Shaking baby's head is a big no-no!

Tell your MIL that if anything happens to your baby, she will be held responsible. You may need to get your hubby to reinforce this message in her as well.

shake HEAD to burp? the wind is in the tummy leh not to head?? got head to think or not?

dont wait for thing to happen hor... by then you may not able to do anything... CHANGE now...

Ladies, the more I saw the replies, the more worried I am. Already told MIL and she said will not do it. Not sure she will do a not. Maybe need to install survillence camera. Worse come to worse, need to change care giver.

Please read the : shaking you baby is dangerous pamphlet.

It is really dangerous and please advice your mum not to do it. It is very harmful to baby.

There is another method of burping the baby which is to hold the baby's neck (well supported) and rock from inside to outside. But that is gently rock and not shake the baby's head. Esp not violently shake.

My grandma used to lift my boy up with her hands supporting the armpit and index fingers to support the baby's head.My boy always burp very quickly when she does that. But I've never seen her shaking him. No, no, to shaking!

Back