Advice needed: What does East Shore Hospital provide for NB?

anishrei

My hubby and I have chosen ESH as our chosen hospital for the delivery of our bb.

However, I know little about the hospital (apart from reviews that their confinement food is nice.. Heheh!) Anyway, I wanna know, what will they provide for the bb? - I know some hospitals provide baby tub and all. how abt ESH?

hi, Anishrei, i delivered my first bb at Eastshore in Nov 09. They provided a baby bath tub, diapers, wet wipes and baby clothes (one set) for my baby.

Hi Anishrei,

Good Day!

The last birth i gave birth at Eastshore is in 2009. If not wrong, you just need to bring your own clothes and baby clothes, nittons and hat, the rest the hospital will provide. Whether is it under the bill, i am not sure....but i believe nothing is free in this world. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hope the above info are useful for you.

When u go home, u will be given a baby tub, but is pretty small, probably enough for your 1st 3 months baby to bathe. U only need to bring 1 set of clothes, booties and mittens , blanket so that u can wear for your baby and bring baby home. There will be leftover of diapers, baby wipes and maybe 3 bottles of instant milk that u can bring home.

Thank you ladies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I didnt buy bath tub since they are already providing. Will see if I get it as a gift for bb's 40th day celebration if not later can buy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hey ladies i'm new here... i'v chosen ESH whch is nw called Parkway East, stil thinkin whtr to take up a 4 bedded or 2 bedded ward....

Hi Aisha,

I've given birth in ESH the previous pregnancy, chose 4bedded tat time but this time round am gonna choose 2bedded as there is not much price diff

hello JoKris, not much price diff if its a smooth delivery, was told by my clinic asstn "touchwood" if thr's complication pricing will differ frm d package n will amnt to thousands..

Hi Aisha,

you might want to refer to the maternity package offered by the hospital. Additional charges are incurred if its an emergency c section. Even then, i was told its the same as KKH's c sect rates. You can go down to the hospital to check.

I went Parkway East for my detailed scanning last week and was rather impressed by the reno done comparing it to before it was renovated..

Anyway just gave birth can share the experience there?

Hihi,

I delivered my first baby there in Oct 2008 and have chosen Parkway East again for my second coming in Sep 2010.

Previous experience there was good, infact one of my finance consultant told me, with the package they offer it is consider one of the most economical hospital to deliver in.

But if there is complication, esp. for baby and need to refer to KK for further treat scenario, referral letter frm Parkway East is consider from Private and therefore further treatment will not be as highly subsidise as direct referral from govt related clinic or hospital.

Hi ladies,

I'm new here. May I noe is there any extra charges if I'm gonna give birth during mid nite? I heard there may b sm hidden cost for certain hospitals, izzit true? Thks so much... =)

I dun think there is any extra charges for delivering midnite at ESH. Cos for my daughter was delivered 12+am (no extra charges) but I was admited since early morning.

Hi..

I gave birth to #1 in Mar 2009.

Chose a 2-bedded room as i prefer peace and my experience there is ok.

Basically everything they charges... from the baby tub to tissue to cotton buds...bb's diapers used, sanitary pads used..etc.

On the bill they will indicate all the items and cost of items that they charge.

After deduction from medisave, we paid only $300plus for normal delivery with forceps and 2days hospital stay.

My friend who undergo C-sect paid $6K plus. Not sure how much was the amount covered under medisave.

Thks for the info ladies. Thot everything are oreadi included in the packages.... Guess gonna stand by more $$ for the bills liao. LOL!!! =) Anyway thks so much!!

Anyone who have just delivered at Parkway East can share their bills? Contemplating btw 2bedded and 4bedded...

Yes. You can, think they also have organised tour to intro. You need to call the hospital to check. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi all,

I thinking of going back to Parkway East for my 2nd baby.

I still wish to know if the 2nd child to delivery there still have the special upgrade of room or discount as stated before?

For my 1st (in 2008) it was a c-sec (in the morning) and paid 3k plus cash.

From what I read on extra charges will be using of OT after office hrs there is a surcharge, so if u delivery halfway and need emergency c-sec, it will be extra a lot of surcharge depending on what time also.

and yes they charge for everything for c-sec, from the gloves to plasters to baby's usuage of wipes and diapers in hospital. Nothing is free. I bought my own sleeping gown to wear, heard they charge also if u wear their's.

U will need to bring your own baby's clothes for change everyday, if baby is going to stay more days and extra top for change if baby puke some milk out, otherwise the poor baby have to wore that dirty top whole day.

Hi,

I'm delivering at Parkway East too. Do you mean we need to bring two to three sets of baby clothes, sleeping gown etc when we go to the hospital?

hi savvymummy,

the hospital does provide some baby clothes, but no for the full stay i believe, so it will be better to bring about 2-3 sets of clothes and mittens/socks for your newborn. Hospital will provide you with a sleeping gown usually on the first day esp. since you are quite "immobile", but after the next day, they will ask you if you wish to change into your own clothes....i'm sure you would wish to look better in your own clothes rite! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hey mummies,

I delivered in April 2010.

i cant comment abt Emergency C sec bec i didnt go through it but.. as for..

1. baby clothes-- provided through out the stay. When u go home jsut change to ur own clothes..

2. your hospital wear-- i was provided 1 during delivery and one more the next day. Its the surgery suit. Super inconveient to bf. Better to bring ur own. But i wasnt charged extra for it.

Back