Long term breastfeeding

aylie

Hello!

My bb is about 3 months and is still on total breastmilk. I've returned to work and in another 1.5 months will start to travel extensively (5-6 trips in the next 4 months) until the year ends and as much as i want to breastfeed, it may become impossible as these trips are far (2 Europe, 1 US and the rest in Asia), so pumping overseas and bringing milk back is not something i want to consider.

Assuming if i were to stop breastfeeding, is there any chance of restarting breastfeeding when I get back from all my trips? I have heard of medication for mothers who doesn't have enough BM -- is that something I can consider?

Also I know this is a judgement call, but i can't help but feel guilty and selfish about stopping breastfeeding just so i can go back to being the workaholic that I am! It's not possible for me to quit my job but the fact that I enjoy my work makes me feel guilty about thinking about stopping breastfeeding!

hi aylie

unless you continue to follow the pumping interval when travelling, i think is unlikely you can "restart" the bf again. as always heard, this is the only window, after close, it dun re-open again.

Hi

You might want to try Milkmaid Tea

by Earth Mama Angel Baby.

It can help to increase milk flow.

I got it from iherb at very low price.

For ist order you can get a discount of US$5 for using discount code MAV184.

www.iherb.com

Yes, you can always relactate. Even thos mums who just adopt babies do produce breastmilk. There are a lot of information about this online.

You can do it! It only takes patience and determination but it's very possible.

I have been breastfeeding for 3 months. Kinda tiring and i really thought of stopping. Even my job is very flexible timing. I really admired my friend who can breastfeed for 3 years .

I'm feeding for the past 14mths and already addicted to it. It was very tough at first, and I would compare my child's growth with formula fed ones and felt very discouraged as mine wasn't as chubby as them. But things will get better,not sure when I will stop bf my bb, until the very last drop or when she doesn't need it anymore. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back