Confinement lady NIGHTMARE

Well, after looking at what u wrote, somehow i feel that by firing her early, it may hv troubled me and my family, but perhaps its a blessing in disguise, that perhaps God protected our family by getting rid of her before she can do any harm to us. Come to think of it, we stay in a condo, whenever she's out with us, she's looking at where the cameras are and commenting that there's a lot of cameras in the dev. Perhaps she was planning something at the end of her work, but had no time to do it since i fired her and made her leave within an hour.

That pic I posted above is cropped from her passport. Her name is Irene Yong Nyuk Yin as stated in her passport. Erjie calls her Ah Lian.

She had stolen from her customers before, I was told. Did u check carefully that nothing went missing in your house? I'm not surprised that a gambling addict will resort to stealing to repay her debts. Why would she be uncomfy with the many cameras if she was not up to no good? If u find anything stolen, don't hesitate to report her immediately. People like her do not deserve to be shown mercy.

Xiaoqing, just curious...Did u pay her $2400 for the 15 days or pro rate your payment to her? Where did u get her contact from? The negative comments of her already surfaced earlier this year...weren't u aware?

Pro rated, she is a replacement for another CL named Irene, where in some other threads, she was highly reccomended. I placed a deposit in jan, after that, i did not visit the forum for a while, so i wasn't aware. Initially when i saw this thread, i thought it was thr Irene i hired, she lied to me that she don't mind taking csre of dogs, and charged me $2400, i was thinking, for a few hundred more, if she don't mind my golden retriever, i am ok with the price. But she came and backed out, got this Irene or Ah lian to replace her.

U sure put up with a lot of her nonsense. I would have given her the sack already when she refused to pick up the dog poo. Since this was the prior agreement before confirmation of her svc. Can't imagine u having to bend down with ur c-sect wound. She's just bullying u that u can't get a replacement last min and stuck with her. Talk about 爱心for mummy and baby! Should not even have pro rate her payment based on $2400, but lesser, since she did not do what was expected.

Dun know what is worse? Paid her deposit but nvr show up or pay her for shoddy work. But I'm glad I didn't invite a rat to stay with me loh...As the Chinese saying goes "引狼入室"!

Can u read Chinese? If not, never mind. This is meant for her anyway...

像她这种没有良心的老千、骗子,即使老天不收她,也会报应在她的儿女和孙子的身上。我想她现在没有生意,已经是自食其果了!怎么对待其他的母亲与宝宝,就怎么报应在她的子女身上。啊!我忘了......她常需要到处预支借钱来办理她家的"后事"。今天死母亲,明天死父亲。说不定有一天,为了要借钱,她全家还会死光光呢!有她这种母亲与奶奶,还真是三生有"幸",家门之"光"!

Something to add onto my findings. My confinement ended, finally can deep clean the kitchen after that bitch ( the lady the the picture posted by fiona sept 2nd) left. Guess what i found? Top of rice cooker filled with dirt, she only use the rice cooker to cook, don't even bother to clean the rice cooker properly. And that's not all, my chopping board wasn't cleaned also, turned mouldy!!!!!!! Fxxx. Please people, if u practise basic hygiene of a humam, don't hire here. Think my dog is cleaner than her.. Serious...

Oh just to add. By kicking her out after 15days and pay her pro rated, i did not regret! 1. I save $1000+, 2. i hv peace at homel though busy with baby coz no one to help, but at least i feel easy not having a stupid lady machiam my MIL walking around and talk so loud on the phone.

Wah, Xiaoqing...U still paid her the other $1k+ for this kinda shitty work she gave U!!! This kind of people bo sim to do work lah. She just 骗吃骗喝every day and hope to get paid at the end of it.

I'm thinking of how to reach out to mummies and mtbs who doesn't search the Internet. How to warn them against this con woman. Perhaps can send Irene's photo and particulars to Wanbao, Xin Min, etc. I'm sure the tabloids will enjoy juicy news like this. Irene will be so "famous", doubt she can get any business in Singapore! Serves as a warning to other people as well. Name can fake, her face cannot fake. Let more people recognize her! Can also post in Malaysia's Motherhood forum so no one engage her service in Malaysia too!

I'm gonna pop anytime. Will take a break. Subsequently will be on leave till July next year. Plenty of time to "play" with our dear Irene!

Irene Yong Nyuk Yin (Ah Lian) is on yesterday, 18th Sept issue of Wanbao 《联合晚报》. She made it to the headlines!!

She's being referred to as "The Demonic Confinement Lady".

Summary version of the article can be found online at:

http://news.omy.sg/News/Realtime%2BNews/Story/OMYStory201109181511-276536.html

The newspaper article:

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6049863.jpg]

It's a pity that her face had to be mosaic, isn't it??

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6049981.jpg]

Just take a look at the excuses she gave...

(1) Failure to refund deposits

She said: I've got no business and so no money now, how to refund?

(Ya, our fault for her bad business!)

(2) Mother/Father passed away and Robbed

She said: It's the truth!

(Her parents were dead all year round! Robbed but her ic and passport still intact, huh?)

(3) Stole cans of abalones from employer

She said: I didn't do it!!!

(She knows best lah...)

(4) Accepting 6 assignments in the same month

She said: I have 5 to 6 confinement ladies working under me. It's impossible I do all the assignments myself, so I gave away the assignments for a commission of $100 each loh...

(Hello?!! You machiam confinement agency, is it? $100 commission? Are you sure you only took that little? And if we need the services of an agency, we can contact one ourselves. What for we engage you as a freelance?)

(5) Ignore bb's cries at night

She said: I don't sleep with the baby, how I know he or she crying??

(Excuse me, you deaf is it? Why do we hire you for? Sleeping???)

(6) Overslept

She said: I don't know how to set the alarm clock.

(Hahaha...this is classic! You got a mouth, isn't it? ASK!!! Next time when we are late for work, quote her: Don't know how to set alarm clock. Let's see what our boss says!)

(7) Did not sterilize bb's milk bottles:

She said: It's the maid who didn't do her job.

(Now, she pushes the blame onto the maid.)

(8) Did not wear a mask when sick / coughing ito bb's face

She said: Already seen the doctor, so I took out the mask.

(When asked why she took out the mask immediately after seeing the doc, she was speechless. Instant cure, I think. Please recommend me the doc you go to.)

ALL HER EXCUSES ARE JUST SO LAME, ISN'T IT???

Seems like our dear Irene is still adamant about her wrong doings...

Mummies....please, please, please GO MAKE A POLICE REPORT if you have not done so!

And YES, I'm the one who contacted Wanbao, gave them the interview and provided them with Irene's photo and contact no.

Now, how do you contact the press in Malaysia...especially Sabah and/or Sarawak??

Fiona, I understand from my CL whose fren called her from Msia.. that there is a similar newspaper article in the Msia papers today.. but dunno if its the same case..

Hi PinkieMie,

I doubt it's the same case in the Msia papers. U able to find out what's the chinese tabloids in Msia? Just need to find out the name of the papers and how to touch base with them. Thanks! PM me, ya?

Dear All,

I have a bad confinement experience to share too. The confinement lady is called Amy. When we contacted her on the phone, we asked her what was her duties and she said taking care of baby and mother but did not specify further. I didn't have a good feeling but she was recommended by a friend (friend's relative relative) so we went ahead.

When she was helping me with confinement, I told her to use the Avent steriliser and leave it on for 24 hours (mine was a electronic). Her comment: troublesome. other families just sterilise once, and put it into tupperware bottle. Well, if my sterilizer was a 24 hours, wouldn't it be more hygienic? Btw, recommendations by all sterilisers products is that once lid is open, contents may get infected so should re-sterilise.

And she kept asking me to buy tupperware. I absolutely refuse, since I don't need tupperware. This was however, not important to me.

What matters was that baby was well taken care of and since I was perfectly well and could even kneel when I was discharged, I did not need taking care of.

When she 1st came, I was quite impressed with her. She had earlier said that as it was a holiday period, might be difficult for her to come immediately as I had given birth in my 37 week. She however, managed to come down the next day and my husband drove to customs to fetch her. We appreciated that and also because we wanted her to take good care of the baby, we gave her a red packet of $150.

That same night when she arrived, she saw me kneeling and asked (I thought it was out of concern and really touched) if I can do that? It was only later then I realised that if I can move ard, it makes things difficult for her.

Back to taking care of baby:

1. She used too hot water to bathe my child. He turned red upon touching the water and cried loudly. He never did that when we bathe him. In fact, he really enjoys bathing. We even had someone come to teach her but she said under her breath, so troublesome.

2. We did not turn on the air-con for my child's room as she said it was not good for the child though we did tell her she could turn it on if it was too warm. Imagine our surprise when she let our child perspire buckets until the pillow was wet while she turn the fan to blow at herself.

3. She did not know how to feed the baby. My child dislike her from the start and refuse to let her feed and I should have trusted that. So what she did was roughly rub his ears. We never had to do that before she came.

4. She was sleeping when baby cried and woke up only slowly after I had picked up baby. His crying was really loud and I purposely waited for her to wake up and made milk for baby. However, I never saw her walk pass my room and therefore I ended up going to the room. switching on the lights and breastfed baby myself. These actually happened a few times.

5. Changing his diaper. Most of the time, it was done by me. Once, I was quite fed up that I was paying so much for sometime who was practically eating and sleeping off me without doing much work, and way before we asked her to do housework, I let her changed. Baby's backside was still dirty after cleaning up. Another time, out of goodness, I just reminded her that baby sometimes might urinate, so be careful and to cover up with another diaper. She was rather reluctant to change and actually said very loudly rather unhappily for me to hear as I was leaving the room, "oh then baby will urinate on auntie"

After all these, I totally took baby out of her hands, and that was the 1st week.

Taking care of me:

As I mentioned, I was well and moving ard. So she only need to cook and wash for me.

All our clothes are dump into the washing machine so not a big chore right. As for food, turns out she don't know how to cook confinement food. She cooked the same food for me everyday almost every meal but she got lazier and lazier and the ingredients started getting lesser and lesser.

The 1st night, she stir fry pork with black fungus. Even told MIL that she purposely boil black fungus first so it will be tender and sweet. Wow! I was really impressed.

Thereafter, i also had stir fried pork, but without black fungus, not due to lack of black fungus. We had friends who were kind enough to queue in the early morning hours to buy pig livers for her to cook. She threw them to the back of the fridge, same for the fish head. The worse thing was, she just dumped herbs into the food. Basically, to her, confinement is just making sure I had lots of ginger and wine. My baby's jaundice went up so high we were scared we had to hospitalise him and we told her to stop. The moment she heard baby's jaundice fell, she started it again.

Her idea of cooking longan tea was to boil everything in the slow cooker, with lots of herbs also and the slow cooker was never washed.

So what happened was that I was so "Well taken care of" that when I moved 1 step, I sweat buckets. Now that I think about it, I am amazed that my organs were not damaged by her cooking.

I write this because my 2nd confinement, I ordered confinement food and nothing else was different from the 1st and I felt so much better. For the confinement done by her, I was pale and looked rather unhealthy.

Since she was free as I ended up taking care of baby myself, I told her, just help us to mop the floor, put the clothes into the washing machine, iron and hang the clothes. All for $1800 (a few years back). The clothes were all creased after ironing so I ended up ironing while she was having afternoon tea using our money. Btw, she never asked me if I need afternoon tea.

Oh, and she was very liberal with the $ we gave to her to buy ingredients to cook for me. She brought lots of herbs from the herbal shops, and also bought her own special breakfast items like cakes, milo etc. If she had done a gd job, we would have been more than happy to supply her with what she wants to eat.

She made a point of returning us the change but because most of the items had no receipt, we could not find out whether it was correct. All in all, for the 2 weeks she stayed with us, we gave her more than $300 for ingredients for simple dishes everyday and most of the ingredients were already in my fridge before she came.

She became worse as the days goes by and these was all in 2 weeks. She told my husband she wants to watch channel 8 at 9pm while he was watching BBC at 8.30pm. She even specially came to knock on my door while my husband, me and my parents in law were in the room to get my husband to turn on the sound for her (for some reason, the sound was accidentally turned off). She took daily afternoon naps for 3 hours with the air-con switched on. Baby was sleeping with me by then. And she critiscised me for not eating at the dining table.

I was so upset with her I became stressed and had major quarrels with my husband over sacking her because I really wanted her gone from my house. So we paid her 2 weeks plus a additional 1 week. She actually asked why was it not a full month.

Only after she was gone then I realised how lazy she was. She used the same pail of water to mop the house for 2 weeks. I found that out after she left. The bucket of water was left there and it was black like ink. She might have intended taking back a packet of expensive herbs with her We found it hidden in a corner of the kitchen. However, she never had the chance to do it since we watched her packed.

It was like hiring a maid, but a really expensive one. She was in her late 30s then, so likely now she would have been in early 40s.

Btw, the person we spoke to on the phone sounds totally different from her, so it could well be that she had replaced someone else.

Fiona & all other mummies

Well done. We need more of ppl like u all to stand up n warn other ppl.

Thank u

Oh mine.. This Ah Lian is my CL from 1st Jul to 15 Jul.. Just to share my story here..

My friend got Yoke Lan (YL) as the CL and my friend had a pretty good experience with Yoke Lan hence i decided to engage YL initially. All went pretty well and paid a deposit of $300. YL even called us twice to confirm and told us to prepare this and that, we are impression of her "professionalism".

On my first day of delivery, we called YL and she mentioned that she is sick and will see if on the day I discharge to work else might need to get her cousin to take over. 3rd day when we are home, she did turn up but insisted that she is not feeling good and she hardly ever fall sick and think is quite serious, does not want to pass the virus to the baby hence she had arranged for her cousin, Ah Lian, to come take over this assignment for 1 week for her. We got thought is for all good so agreed.

The first 2 days, Ah Lian was still not too bad. But things turns from bad to worst, she cooks norm food, “rich” longan tea, cooks early dinner, talks on the phone, pack everything to complete in the morning and if baby make noise she just shout from the kitchen, what makes her think that when baby cries, her loud voice will sooth the baby? But the ultimate that I find that she does not really know how to coax baby and is a little rough in handling baby. So my hubby tried to contact YL to come to work but she insisted that she is still not feeling well and procrastinate till 1 more week.

1 week later, we called YL again, she still plays the pushing game and told us to use Ah Lian till end else if we want YL to work for us give her 3 more days. We got irritated by this and decided we do not want both so we ask Ah Lian to go and give her pro-rated pay and insist she to leave almost immediately. She act till very poor thing and no place to go so we offer to pay for her to stay overnight at Hotel81 but she declined said she could go for those cheaper hostel at Marsling but not convenient for her to bring along her luggage and be back the next day. Come to think of it, she might have gone to MBS.

Following day, she came to take her luggage and told us that her money is stolen and like to borrow $50 to go back JB but we decided to give her instead. This is my story of “Ah Lian and Yoke Lan”. For us, they did not cheat us of the money. Is only “Hou Bu Dui Ban”.

Anyone knows if Yoke Lan is still with PEM agency? If she is, think that they might be able to continue with their tactics…

wk,

I stand up alone also no point. I'm limited in strength. Other mummies also gotta step out and go lodge police report so that action can be taken against Irene. If not, U are just quietly allowing her to bully you. No point just ranting here in the forum but no action.

ed_jo,

These are all CL with integrity issues and really bad quality of work. They lie, they cheat, they steal, they fraud...etc. Believe the entire group was sacked by their agencies so came out to be free-lance.

I've got a contact number of Ah Lian's "friend". Not sure if she's also a CL. I do not know her name. But please do not engage any CL whose contact no. is:

i think i have spoken to auntie irene earlier this year.. as i need a CL in the very last minute...... (i.e. the next few days)

she was doing confinement for another mummy and she recommended a friend instead. forgot her name though as the friend totally cannot make it!

her friend basically don't want to take care of my baby and just want to cook for me..... faintz!!! some of the things that I totally cannot take it

1) use brush toilet brush to scrub baby's clothes

2) every hour keep saying bb cry is because hungry

3) don't want to look after baby at nite

4) invited the daughter to my house to chat the whole day!

she just stayed for 3d2n and i give up.

my cl who help me last yr is call yu lan? duno izzt refering to the one u al refering to yoke lan? sound like. i had her malaysia nos only

My CL was a lazy one too. She actually finished a day's work in the morning and called her friend or played games on her hp for rest of the day.

She cooked the same dishes everyday. Standard 1 fish and 1 vege every meal with lots of rice. If I ask for 1 more dish, she'd cooked chicken. They were all cooked in the same way. Big fire to heat up pot and poured in hot water for cooking. Told her not to use big fire, she refused.

She doesn't need to buy any food ingredients. My mum and mil did all that. In fact, before i gave birth, i emailed her and asked for the things to get ready before she arrived, she told me to wait till she arrived. On the second day that she arrived, hubby brought her to ntuc to buy grocery for the week. To my horror, they came back with only 1 vege just for 1 meal. She cooked based on her likes despite we told her less salty and oily. So hubby didn't allow her to use soy sauce.

All the clothes are machine wash. She can wash the clothes as many as 3 times a day. So We limit the use of washing machine. She complained to my mum that the clothes cannot clear on time for baby. So I asked her to hand wash bb clothes. She said hand wash clothes cannot dry so soon.

She started hinting to me things she like on the first day of work. When I didn't respond to what she expected, she asked my mum to buy for her.

I think her service is bad as she doesn't even know how to cook confinement dishes. When my mum ask her to cook some standard confinement dishes, she said she had to see how it is done. Ended up, my mum did the cooking.

Don't think I'll want a CL if i have another baby.

Wow! This is Kokomi here... Haven't been into the forum for ages and I m shocked at how she has been conning more mummies after me! Hope no mummies get conned after this

Mummies beware of this confinement lady call 'Guijie'. her tel number are:

+659774595X

+6012647755X

+6017718396X

+6012750091X

This is what happened:

We booked her and paid the deposit of $300 after some recommendations.

AFTER our baby was delivered, she suddenly says she is hospitalised and ask us to take her friend instead.(We called just before that and she was fine.) We called her friend but felt very uncomfortable with her because she can't seem to state examples of what she done before. Hence leaving with no choice, we decided to cancel the service. Guijie promises to return the deposit but never did.

> We tried to call her but she refuses to answer our calls.

> We ask a friend to call and she initially pretended not to be Guijie but after verifying she is a "real customer", she suddenly became Guijie. My friend told her to return our money and she said she said she will return end of last year. She never did.

> We call using different numbers and once she picked up and hear my voice, she hung up the phone.

> Then recently, we chatted with a distant friend that the same story happened to them with this Guijie. But the only difference is that they took the replacement. My guess is she will try to overbook herself and then leave the parents to no choice but to take her replacements and thus earning commissions from this.

Any mummies have this experience or her before. Any advice what to do and get back my money? Small claims is probably out of the question since it's hard to chase down in M'sia. I am thinking of going to MOM, police or CASE.

Hi Goh,

i had same experience as you just a week ago. I paid inital deposit for this CL somewhere 6mths ago and end up 1 week before my edd ,she call and say she sprain her ankle cannot come over.

Name: OOI SIEW LAN

H/P: +60 12 728 6961

Having say so, i asked for refund of deposit and she promised ok.

a few days later,her niece called up as she was in SG asking for my bank details so i provided her and casually ask abt her aunt ....who knows the CL is not sprain her ankle , is having runs (vomitting/diahorrea).

Two diff story is it? so i confront the CL and ended up heated arguement and this so-called recommended"CL" curse at me. for godness sake, by informing me last min (1 wk before my edd) already make me fuming mad and somemore whereas she is in the wrong,dare to curse me.

Once bitten, twice sky. to avoid all these, i hire another CL through agency since my bb is around CNY to be due.

What i suggest is you can report to ICA/MOM, give them the CL details saying entrance to SG working illegally as CL.

thank you for sharing. it's sad there are so many CL nightmare out there.

but we are so glad we took care of baby ourselves. It was tiring but it's fulfilling anyway.

Cai Mei Ying or Aunty Mei Ying

A warning to mothers looking for confinement nannies, its better to go thru word of mouth rather than forum recommendations. I engaged a nanny, Cai Mei Yin or Aunty Mei Ying thru rigorous search on this forum but she turned out to be my worst fears come true. I am not sure if her services are still touted and recommended online, but if u are doing your research based on forum searches as I did, pls use your discretion!

- I did not heed the warning signs. When i met with her to place deposit, she criticized the mother she was taking care of at that time, that she never did 'tai jiao', that's why the baby now sleeps very late resulting in her not being able to sleep early too.

- she also said she has to nap every afternoon.

- I asked her what herbs I could buy in advance, for her to prepare tonics for me, she said oh, the usual. I told her I really have no idea so could she advice? Can she tell me some so i can buy first? I need to be prepared. She named about 2 herbs, then said I can ask any old people around me, like my mother or mother in law.. Don't they know? Else I can ask medical hall.

- I booked her way in advance for 2 months, but on the first day or work, she says she has a double booking and could not turn down the other party. So she could only work less than a month. She said she was sorry but I should have a mother or mother in law who can take over. !! Despite taking my deposit of $200 when we met before I delivered.

- Turns out, this nanny herself needs nannying. She says she can't sleep too late at night, complains that pillow cover is too slippery and she can't sleep well. She also revealed that her shortest stint is 5 days with a family cos they were boring people, they slept too early, around 8pm and did not watch tv. With her clear warning, we left the tv on specially for her, bought Chinese newspaper in case she was bored.. She still complained of boredom. Another of her warnings was that I had to giver her an ang pow on first day of work, else things would not go smoothly.

- in terms of caring for baby, she refused to test the temperature of heated breast milk before feeding baby. She would just hold the bottle with her fingers and deem it ok. She refused to test by having a drop on her wrist. Even when I tell her that different brands of bottles will feel differently, they may be different in thickness, material etc, so just touching the bottle is not an accurate gauge. She was wrong many times, and one time wrong is one time too many! That's one time of too hot milk into my newborn's mouth/throat/stomach!!

- she does NOT wash her hands after wiping baby's poo. Everytime. Despite repeated appeals. She got angry and offended as she says she has been doing this all along.

- she does NOT wash her hands after touching the broom or dustpan. She will proceed to handle baby, touch baby's cot sheets etc.

- at night, she watches tv and I vividly remember her scurrying when baby cries, cos oh, she forgot to wash the bottles again. So baby has to wait, AGAIN. Too bad for the hungry newborn.

- In terms of cooking, every meal was almost the same. She even says, it's not difficult to cook confinement food, its just frying everything with ginger and sesame. Only variation is the type of vegetable we provide, and whether it's rice or noodle version. After a few days, you will realize she is not a genuine confinement nanny. Tonics? Besides the pre-packed all-in-one tonics that we bought from eu yang sang, she was not able to offer more, neither in advice nor in brewing anything else.

- she revealed that she was all along a factory worker and only became confinement nanny cos of the good money and that it's nothing difficult at all.

- Btw, she is young. She is in her late 40s, a Malaysian but Singapore PR, husband works in Singapore and daughter studying in spore. Her contact number is 824301xx and 07-55931xx. Pls use your own discretion rather than rely on raving forum reviews. I paid for it with my health at the most crucial time when I hired and depended on her to 'take care' of me and my baby. She failed on every count.

I'm a mummy who has aengaged auntie lilian for my confinement.

She is really friendly over the phone and initially Auntie lilian seems to be full of energy initially but then as time goes by, she reveals her true self.

Below are my complaints towards her:

Maybe I too chin cai & didn't state my conditions when she came, she took things for granted.

Everyday she will order food from my MIL (because my MIL wants to buy fresh food for me everyday), then she starts to order lots of ingredients whereby it is not easy to find and she expects my MIL to go find it. She has a SOP and if one ingredient is missing, she doesn't know how to cook the dish or cannot think of other substitute ingredient or cook something else. And her demands start to grow till I pissed off and told her to cook with whatever she has, and she can tell me that all these ingredients are not exp & I told her $ not an issue, I don't want my house to left so many ingredients when u leave.

She also insists to have certain pots, bowls, plates, containers and etc. I already have at home and still not up to her standard. She starts telling us to buy or ask my MIL to bring hers over. My MIL purposely bought a new pot and yet she complained the material too thin and actually the existing pot better. If that is the case, she shouldn't ask us to buy in the first place. And she requested for a bigger bowl and my SIL bought 1 and she broke it on the first day when washing it and she even said the bowl my SIL bought too thin.

I already bought lock lock containers to keep my sterilized bottles and she complained it is not big enough, my hubby decides to buy 1 bigger 1 and when she sees it she said the container is good but my hubby should have bought two, I was so pissed off and told her 1 container cost me $50 and can't you use the existing 1?

She also insists to have dethol hand wash as she said it's better for baby but yet she nv use it. And she told us her hands were very sensitive and she needs to wear gloves and can only use baby shower foam.

After washing my baby's backside, she just simply leave the diapers in the toilet and nv clear them. And one occasion, I noticed she pees and nv flush.

She also eat my food without asking for permission, and during the night time, she wakes up and eat biscuits or bread and never clean the table, leaving all the crumbs on the table.

She also very forgetful, two accounts she left my stove on and went to take an afternoon nap and burnt my frying pan.

She likes to give instructions and she herself nv follow, she tells us that a particular container is for putting dirty bottles but she puts the clean ones inside and I questioned her and she said she forgotten and tells me now the container is for putting clean bottles.

She also wash my breast pump till she lost the diagpham and later I found it in the dustbin.

Her stay with us (3 weeks till date), she spoiled my toilet door, choked my toilet sewage pipe twice, she is so rough that she keeps on banging my kitchen drawers and cabinets, my kitchen just renovated last yr and now the drawers and cabinets doors were loose.

As she is sleeping with my gal, she keeps on asking me to on the air con but as I don't want my gal to sleep in air con room, I put two fans in my gal room. One for auntie lilian and other for my gal, but she uses two fans for herself. On one account, she woke me up and said my gal is too hot. My hubby checked and realised that she off my gal's fan, when questioned her, she said because my gal is sensitive to fan and needs air con.

My gal develop nappy rashes and I gave her desitin nappy rash cream (blue) and she applied for only 2 days and said it couldn't work and ask me to buy a better nappy rash cream, so I bought the stronger one (purple). After applying, my gal backside clear in 1 day and she said the cream is good. The next day her rashes came back and she told me my gal is allergic to the rash cream!! I was pissed off and told her didn't it works when we applied that day, she replied me saying I not a doc, don't know what ingredients in the nappy rash cream. So I told my gal to a PD and PD said my girl no allergy and in fact she should apply the cream every time she changes my gal.

As breastmilk is easily digest, my gal poos almost every feed, as she is lazy to clean my gal, she told me to give my gal formula milk to harden her poos.

And every feed, she increases my daughter milk supply, within a week, she increases 30ml to 90ml and I got pissed off and told her to reduce as she is over feeding my gal. Especially in the night, in order got herself to sleep, she feels my gal 120ml in 1 & a half hour!

On a few occasions, my gal cries and she is taking her afternoon nap, she heard my gal cries and she just woke up and told me to breastfeed her and she went back to zzz.

At night also, she simply pass my gal to me for breastfeeding and she went back to zzz till I got pissed off lately and woke her up to burp my gal so I can go back and zzz.

One night whereby my hubby is watching soccer in the living room, my gal cried and she passed my gal to my hubby and went to the kitchen. My husband waited and waited and she Nv come back to the room and my gal just keep on crying. My husband walked to the kitchen and saw her drinking cereal & eating biscuits and asked her why she took so long to warm up the milk. She replied saying I thought u bringing ya girl to let ya wife breastfeed. My husband got angry and said my wife has pumped so much milk so u can feed her in the night, y wake my wife up purposely?!

Two nights - she woke up knocking on our door, passed our girl to us and said she feels uncomfortable. When we asked her, she said her heartbeat racing and she stuffed herself with three packets of cereal as she claimed she want to make herself vomit. To me and my husband, she is giving excuses not to take care of my gal in the night.

Next mon I asked whether she is ok, she said it is the vegetables that gave her problem, she said sin vege have too much fertilizer & she needs to eat organic vege. I was thinking shouldn't u wash the vege thoroughly? I ate the same food as her but I'm ok. And yes, she ate my confinement foods at times.

I agreed that engaging a confinement lady, we really need word of mouth rather than relying on the comments in the forum. If u engaged a wrong CL like me, I ended up stressful, tried and pek chek. One whole month, I didn't rest well at all.

Hi mummies,

I'm a mummy who has engaged auntie lilian for my confinement.

Below are my complaints towards her:

Maybe I too chin cai & didn't state my conditions when she came, she took things for granted.

Everyday she will order food from my MIL (because my MIL wants to buy fresh food for me everyday), then she starts to order lots of ingredients whereby it is not easy to find and she expects my MIL to go find it. She has a SOP and if one ingredient is missing, she doesn't know how to cook the dish or cannot think of other substitute ingredient or cook something else. And her demands start to grow till I pissed off and told her to cook with whatever she has, and she can tell me that all these ingredients are not exp & I told her $ not an issue, I don't want my house to left so many ingredients when u leave.

She also insists to have certain pots, bowls, plates, containers and etc. I already have at home and still not up to her standard. She starts telling us to buy or ask my MIL to bring hers over. My MIL purposely bought a new pot and yet she complained the material too thin and actually the existing pot better. If that is the case, she shouldn't ask us to buy in the first place. And she requested for a bigger bowl and my SIL bought 1 and she broke it on the first day when washing it and she even said the bowl my SIL bought too thin.

I already bought lock lock containers to keep my sterilized bottles and she complained it is not big enough, my hubby decides to buy 1 bigger 1 and when she sees it she said the container is good but my hubby should have bought two, I was so pissed off and told her 1 container cost me $50 and can't you use the existing 1?

She also insists to have dethol hand wash as she said it's better for baby but yet she nv use it. And she told us her hands were very sensitive and she needs to wear gloves and can only use baby shower foam.

After washing my baby's backside, she just simply leave the diapers in the toilet and nv clear them. And one occasion, I noticed she pees and nv flush.

She also eat my food without asking for permission, and during the night time, she wakes up and eat biscuits or bread and never clean the table, leaving all the crumbs on the table.

She also very forgetful, two accounts she left my stove on and went to take an afternoon nap and burnt my frying pan.

She likes to give instructions and she herself nv follow, she tells us that a particular container is for putting dirty bottles but she puts the clean ones inside and I questioned her and she said she forgotten and tells me now the container is for putting clean bottles.

She also wash my breast pump till she lost the diagpham and later I found it in the dustbin.

Her stay with us (3 weeks till date), she spoiled my toilet door, choked my toilet sewage pipe twice, she is so rough that she keeps on banging my kitchen drawers and cabinets, my kitchen just renovated last yr and now the drawers and cabinets doors were loose.

As she is sleeping with my gal, she keeps on asking me to on the air con but as I don't want my gal to sleep in air con room, I put two fans in my gal room. One for auntie lilian and other for my gal, but she uses two fans for herself. On one account, she woke me up and said my gal is too hot. My hubby checked and realised that she off my gal's fan, when questioned her, she said because my gal is sensitive to fan and needs air con.

My gal develop nappy rashes and I gave her desitin nappy rash cream (blue) and she applied for only 2 days and said it couldn't work and ask me to buy a better nappy rash cream, so I bought the stronger one (purple). After applying, my gal backside clear in 1 day and she said the cream is good. The next day her rashes came back and she told me my gal is allergic to the rash cream!! I was pissed off and told her didn't it works when we applied that day, she replied me saying I not a doc, don't know what ingredients in the nappy rash cream. So I told my gal to a PD and PD said my girl no allergy and in fact she should apply the cream every time she changes my gal.

As breastmilk is easily digest, my gal poos almost every feed, as she is lazy to clean my gal, she told me to give my gal formula milk to harden her poos.

And every feed, she increases my daughter milk supply, within a week, she increases 30ml to 90ml and I got pissed off and told her to reduce as she is over feeding my gal. Especially in the night, in order got herself to sleep, she feels my gal 120ml in 1 & a half hour!

On a few occasions, my gal cries and she is taking her afternoon nap, she heard my gal cries and she just woke up and told me to breastfeed her and she went back to zzz.

At night also, she simply pass my gal to me for breastfeeding and she went back to zzz till I got pissed off lately and woke her up to burp my gal so I can go back and zzz.

On one occasion, I told her that I have pumped milk in the fridge so she can feed in the night & I can rest.

My gal cried in the middle of the night & she came out of the room & saw my hubby watching soccer and passed my gal to my hubby. My hubby thought she went to warm up the milk. However she did not come back to the room and my gal keeps on crying, my husband walked to the kitchen & to his dismay, she was eating biscuits & drinking milo. My hubby asked whether the milk has heat up, she said I thought you are going to bring ya gal for breastfeeding! My hubby got angry & told her there is milk in the fridge, y don't u heat up & want to wake my wife up to breastfeed.

To all mummies - be very careful when u engaged confinement lady, it will be best for word of mouth rather than relying on the forum reviews.

I really had a terrible confinement month.

You can try Pem, i really strongly remcommend them, I never use other nanny from outside before but i really think my shi ying aunty is really good. I want all mothers to have a great and easy confinement like me.

Hi, what is the market rate for confinement nanny?

My bb due on end of Dec 2012.

considering to order catering or getting a confinement nanny..

Pls advice.

Back