Can Authorised Distributors stopped parallel Imports - NO!!! from my research

zedd

Hi ladies,

I note that some bulk purchase has been stopped due to warrning by authorised distributors, but from my research, in Singapore, as long as the products are geniune, and if it is done through parallel imports, the authorised distributors cannot stopped others from selling original goods at a lower price.

see attached links on the above for your information.

http://www.globalsources.com/TNTLIST/TRADE/TRADELAW/PARLLELS.HTM

http://www.accountlaw-tax.com.sg/Website_tlc/ws-parallel%20import.htm

This is to help mummies who are geniunely doing parallel imports but had warning given by authorised distributors.

Hi kahlan: Thanks sooo much for sharing. This information is indeed useful and beneficial to many parallel importers. You are indeed a very helpful lady here. Cheers!
happy.gif

Totally agreed. Read on another website

"There are no laws against parallel importing as Singapore is a free economy and the government allows parallel imports to prevent the local agents from profiteering. 

Parallel Importing occurs when there is a price gap or lack of choice in the market. Companies are forced to parallel import when the local distributor is unable to meet up to market expectations on service support and/or are selective in choosing dealers."

Or in cases where the local distributor is overcharging consumers, I feel it is perfectly right for mummies to find cheaper genuine alternatives.

Even buy car also got parallel import, how can local distributor insist that mummies stop offering more affordable pricing to fellow smh members

Strongly Agree!!:mad:

I hope the moderator could understand the legal rights before some how remove other's BP due to this kind of reason. The truth is some of the so call authorized distributors are even imitations.

If some of you get threatened by this kind of distributor, just go launch a police report or even submit the case to Singapore CAD. It's FOC!!:cool:

Even though parallel imports may be legal in Singapore, it is stated in the article that the onus is on the organisers to prove that the items that they are importing are genuine. When the authorised distributors contact us, we'll inform the organiser of that we've been contacted. So it is the BP organiser's decision if they would like to continue their BP. If the organiser chooses to continue with their BP, they would be required to contact the authorised distributor directly.

However, as the images posted by some BP organisers are copyrighted materials without authorised usage, authorised distributors can request for thread removal, base on copyright infringements. If the BP thread is not removed, the authorised distributor will have the right to take legal action against the BP organiser.

Back