(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Hi hong,

Despite being 3rd time mum, I still have to go through the same struggles (breastfeeding, how to get enough rest, getting the older ones used to mei mei etc)... As I told the PD, I'm literally being pulled left, right and centre if all 3 wants me at the same time. Just that I've learnt not to sweat the small things.
happy.gif

Yup, decided to continue my "Jo" legacy (Joshua, Jonas, Jovianne). It means Happy (French origin).

Lok,
that is normal cos the kids have a closer age gap so they are all fighting for ur attention.

Breastfeeding is always abt not getting enough rest but think that it is a close bonding with the bb. Worth it!

allo allo...

anyone got Frisco receipt and can give me? Can get 20% off Barney show with the receipt lah and thought of bringing Arin there.

Hi mummies, may I know for 9 month old babies if contacted hfmd will it be necessary to bring to see doc? I just discovered spots on Charlize's hands n feet but no fever n ulcer (yet). So should I just monitor? And now that Gillian is recovering already will she get it back from meimei?!

OC,
If same strain of virus (which I think most likely). Gillian will not get it again. For Charlize, may be u can take action if u see ulcers in her mouth. Sometime skin irriation can also have blisters.

Unless fever, ulcers then u can anticipate spots.

Janelle and Julian almost the same cases. Janelle's ulcers appear when Julian recovered, we asked the doctor and he said same strain is ok. Their case happen to be before the recently serious HFMD.

So far (touchwood) they are free from it. So I hope same strain and the bacteria still in the body so they wun get the outbreak.

OC,

Likely that Charlize got from Gillian since they are in the same home and Charlize did not have any other exposure. Gillian will not get it again. And judging from Gillian's outbreak you will prob see the same in Charlize but maybe better to watch her more coz she is so young.

We brought meimei to see doc anyway for confirmation. The last round with the kids, it was a very mild strain, hardly any fever or spots just a couple of ulcers at the throat.

Take care!!!

Hi Mummies,

Apologies but am searching for a Babysafe Mattress for baby.. Do pm me if you've any to let go, with the condition, dimensions, pictures etc.

Appreciate it lots and thanks! =)

Dear mummies, I am providing Weekend Chauffuer Service in a luxury 8 seaters MPV. Will be driven by myself. I can send your family to a location comfortably. Car seat and booster seat available for kid and baby. Pls sms me @ 90990650 or email me [email protected] to learn more. Limited slots available in Dec 2010 and Jan 2011.

Hi mummies, have not come to this forum for very long. Wanna update, have delivered my baby boy on 15 Dec 10. Now doing confinement ... he is another tiger adding to the group
happy.gif

Hi, Very long time did not check this thread already.. Actually had a purpose in writing in. Hope to receive some reply.

Yujie has been in his current childcare centre since N1. Next year he will be in K1. Recently, I discovered that there's a new childcare centre (at Yishun Safra) - NutureStar. the activities provided by NutureStar (they use Kinderland curriculum) seems interesting. Their student to teacher ratio for K1 is 1:15. His current childcare centre follows MCYS which is 1:25.

I'm in a dilemma on whether to change his childcare centre or not... I asked him and he said he doesn't wsant to change. My hubby felt that since yujie is used to his current environment already dun need to change. But I felt the curriculum is much better. Moreover, there's more outdoor play in Nuturestar as everyday they will bring the children out for nature walk since it's located near Yishun Park. I felt overall better development for the child. But at the same time, I'm concern on whether he will be able to make friends in the new childcare centre. Currently there are 8 children in the new childcare centre and they are from the previous childcare centre that moved to another location - so the children knows each other well. But i supposed there should be new students joining as well since the centre is new.

Mu hubby say if I think the centre is good then change lor.. But at the same time he feels there's no need to change. So depends on me
sad.gif

What should I do? change or not change?

Lucida,
Actually I was faced with somewhat similar situation sometime back. I wanted to place Charisse in a childcare - My Little Campus in Khatib. However Charisse is very used to LSH OCC (Half day CC). My Little campus is good with academics, price is reasonable but not much outdoor. If stays in LSH OCC full day CC, price will be double. Of coz, LSH OCC overall programme is good.

In the end, Charisse stays put with LSH. Some of my colleagues are quite receptive with the ideas of changing school for their children, for the sake of better academics and enviroment. They say that kids will adapt very fast. Is Yujie the kind who can adapt very quickly?? Like Zita's Venice, she is so good with adapting, so switching school is not an issue for her. I don't think my Charisse is that adaptable.

Hi Lala, I think Yujie is like your girl.. Sometimes I wonder if i should train him to be more adaptive also.. Need to be not so soft hearted. At least for your case LSH programme is good. So it's ok to stay put. The current childcare Yujie is in is normal i suppose.. routine and simple. But we are comfortable with his current teacher. However, that doesn't mean Nuture Star teachers no good. Since they are former Eager Beaver teachers should be good too.

I think i will check with them if they have trial. If have trial at least can try out first..

lucida
bring yujie there n see if he is ok to the class n trs..if he is ok with the place...shld be alright bah...
maybe u can go for half day for a few days...maybe after that he is mre acceptable to that new environment

Hi dsii, The problem is the school is now under reno for one week. Next week then reopen. Come January it will be tricky for me to take leave... The most i can do is one half day. Hmmm...

Hi Lala,
Congrats on your newborn too! My girl also a tiger - March baby..
happy.gif
She's 9 months and can stand and cruise already..
happy.gif
I'm not contemplating whether to sign her in for Shichida or not.

Dsii / Lucida,
Thanks!!
happy.gif

Lucida,
Like what dsii says, even if is 1 half day, just bring Yujie there to see his receptivity of the new school.

Wow, 9 mths liao!! Mine is barely a month. I am still adjusting to be a mother of three. After my Confinement Lady goes off in mid Jan, there will be sleepless nites of milking and diapering ....

Lucida... hahaha..my girl Venice change 3 school within 2yrs. The last round is 3mth ago, I explained to her & she accepted the changes. I dont have much problem transiting her from 1 school to another since she agreed. She always say Everyone is her friend, she make friends every & anywhere.

Bring him to new cc to take alook & decide.

Guess our kid at this age have mind of their own. If the caregiver is good & Yujie is so use to the environment+ he take very long to adapt. Stay put might be better choice unless is very critical for change.

Curriculum how sure you are that the other is better? staff turnover will not be high? caregiver will be as good, food nutrition?

If you feel not enough, maybe can add in enrichment for him.

They are going K1..the transition will take awhile before he adapt.

but ratio 1:25?? why so many?

Hi Lala, congrats on your newborn! Sorry for being so abrupt, but am looking for recommendations for a good confinement lady... Would you like to recommend yours?
happy.gif

Thanks!

Hi mummies,

Anyone with kids 4-7 years old interested to go for a Free music trial class at Serangoon gardens, burgley drive?? It's a new building called Lifestyle Hub if i'm not wrong.

Sending my twins there so thought maybe can meet some SMH mummies there to chit chat while my twins having the FOC trial.

Please pm me for more details like the map and school name.

Timing should be 11plus am.

Thanks

Hey Daddies & Mummies,

I haven't been in this forum for the longest time, but is it possible to get Chin Leng to delete one of the posts we have?

I found out online that we have an excel sheet that has all our personal info, such as contact number, address, email, date of birth and kids names as well.

Dear all,

I won a Loft Bed worth $1,700 from Casakidi from Baby Baby Exhition Grand Lucky Draw (https://www.facebook.com/babybabysingapore) on 4 Dec 2011.

I need to let go this item, because:
1. I am staying with my in laws, and there are space constraints
2. My new born (coming out next Jan) won't be able to use it for short and mid-term.

If you are interested in the loft bed,
1. You may request for different color / design, and may also purchase additional complimentary items such as slide. You may choose either white color or the natural color COTTAGE bed frame with loft kit and stairs. The tents colors are available in pink, purple, blue and tree top.
2. You need to pay $50 for the delivery charge.

The link is as follows: http://online.casakidi.com/private/index.php/onlineShop/catalogue/item/view/c1fe221c747c13bdee956ac0c7fef762/

You may also visit the warehouse showroom at 23, Tampines Street 92 to see all the possible combination for the loft bed.

The salesman told me this is a popular model, which they can sell at least 4 pieces every weekend. I am thinking of letting go at $1400 ($300 Discount). Do contact me at [email protected] if you wish to find out more or negotiate.

Back