P1 Registration

worried_mummie

Hi Mummies,

My daughther was born in Nov 2005. I think I am in trouble to get her to P1 in 2012 as I missed the PV registration & RC registration by 2 months. Any ideas how I can recover and ensure a place in neighbourhood school? Am worried sick. Please help!

Dun worry abt the missed PV or RC registration... My son is also born in July 2005 and i am even full time working mum thus will make a declaration at MOE In June or July before the Pri One registration starts in July. I will be placing my son with my mum for full time care next week onwards as I am moving him to K2 PCF at my mum place instead of in law as now it is too far from west to east of the island.

Hi Rainbow Sky, Which sch u intend to put your child in? If u register under your mum's place, it will be consider as 1-2km from the school...

hi jasmine. Henry park pri school. no choice cos my sister's former pri school, GM pri sch had closed down years ago so i noticed a lot of children in my mum place go to HPPS, so follow the crowd.

yes yes yes will have to make a declaration to MOE that my mum is the main caregiver/grandmother of my kid ard June before the balloting phase in august, was told by the school clerk. Within the 1km radius, actually, not less than 2km. My reason is i am staying put at the rented place nearby and could not use the rented place address due to my friend's request.

Rainbow Sky: Then u may hv problem getting HPPS. If u can use the 1km rented address, still hv ballot chance. If use parents' address which will be deemed as 2km, likely no chance to ballot leh...

But last year P2C was ballot within 1-2km... So maybe got chance as using her mum's address... It was a GEP school, gd luck to u...

CP i think u misunderstood what i m saying..my mum's home address is ghim moh for the past 20 yrs and i used to live at this address till i got married a decade ago. And then i finally returned back to my mum home this year due to my child changing school to ulu pandan. And i now still sleep over at mum place several times per week rather than at my rented room @ Clementi.

If not for the Ghim Moh Pri sch closed down by MOE and converted to the MOE language centre, i would not go for the HPPS. Sigh, i noticed a number of primary school had been closed down, even my former secondary school also closed down too and my brother's secondary school which is GMSS also closed down too.. so tell me where else can i go?

i guess in the next few decades later, MOE will close down many more of primary school and secondary school, due to lowest birth rate.

jasmine, really??? i did not know... wow then do u think i can ballot for my son in the new town primary school?

My mum said HPPs is expensive to enrol. is the new town pri sch within the 1-2km from ghim moh area?

Rainbow Sky: Your NRIC must reflect the Ghim Moh address to qualify for HPPS within 1km. Better double-check with sch on distance as only some blocks in Ghim Moh fall within 1km. I've some friends with kids studying there..not as scary as rumors have it lah.. lots of neighbourhood kids..not expensive lah...

It's definitely better than New Town Pri which I heard it's no gd. I've a friend whose eldest son's studying there become v naughty & ill-disciplined. His father's so scared that he joined the ballot for his younger sis in HPPS - she got in & conduct so much better.

I'll be registering my boy in ACS Barker.. should be no problem as my hubby's an old boy & alumni member there..

It was more exciting when we registered my girl 2yrs ago in SCGS. My hubby had to do so many years of RC work to enrol her in 2B. Thank God that she's the elder child 'coz this yr SCGS changed GRC due to coming election. Those serving in RC aiming for SCGS & ACS Barker get disappointed with the re-zoning..

CP i see.. I got few letters that reflect my mum home add for GM however I will make a statutory declaration to MOE later in coming months.

Well I checked the school distance from HPPS to the square block that is next to the market if u know which block. Fall within 1km.

hmmm so which sch is better? I dun care as long as my son can have a place for his Pri one. I cannot be bothered to go for high branded school. Another choice is Pei Tong Pri sch but definitely out of 1.5km radius. other pri schools are also outside 2km already. impossible for me to find a nearest pri school unless i quit my job.

Rainbow
if your old sch merged to be new town, u can enrol under phase 2a2. No need ballot. Provided u wanna send your kid there lah.

Rainbow, if u still have your report book, u can enrol under P2A2 in Ghim Moh PS. As for Pei Tong PS, i think your child can get in under P2C without ballot due to last year record. Lastly, if u use your mum's add to enrol in HPPS, it will be 1-2km and will be ballotting under P2C. Last year record for HPPS is ballot within 2km (1st Time), dunno this year how as HPPS always ballot within 1km under P2C. Hope it helps.

Jasmine, unfortunately i did not attend the GMPS before but it was my younger sister whom attended the GMPS before, so thought of enrolling in the PTPS or HPPS if I can. Btw, your child in HPPS.

So the Pei Tong PS is fine as a nieghbourhood school? I cannot possibly enrol my kid into my former pri school as it was a special school, u c. And it already moved to Mountbatten road few years ago due to dwindling no of pupils.

Same for both GMPS & Pei Tong PS, also need to use my mum home address as well.

I will register my child in this July under P2B. Y not u try HPPS in P2C and PTPS in P2C Supp?
Do u stay within 1km from Nan Hua? Y dun u try this sch using your current rental hse add at Clementi? If u wan to try PTPS, i think u stay near Nan Hua and Clementi PS, right?

Not sure where is Nan Hua or Clementi PS. Besides I will move out of the rented place in end June once my tenant moves out of my owned place. Nope i actually stay at JE st 32, the nearest one is Jurong PS but the problem is who takes care of my kid. Big headache sigh

Since u are moving back to JE then u enrol your child to HPPS (P2C) under your mum's care within 2km. If cant get in, then go to PTPS (P2C Supp).

If u can change yr NRIC address to yr mom's address, then u can apply for HPPS under 1km. They tend to ballot under 1km every yr so no chance if under 1-2km leh...

Nan Hua is a popular sch.. v strong in Chinese.. I think they study Higher Chinese. Alternatively, try Pei Tong lor... so far all the sch bearing 'Pei' are q good so maybe this is the same... Should be easier to apply for it since it's a neighbourhood sch.. u can check MOE or the sch's website to see past P1 registration statistics.

FYI - my hubby worked v hard in the RC leh... he's still serving as non-core members since we move out

Hi Mummies!

Have you tried using motivation stickers to motivate your kids in both behaviour or studies???
8315546.jpg

8315547.jpg

$5.90 - 540 stickers

Back