!! (Any mummies applying for additional subsidy for infant care

jungle

Hi mummies
Do you have any other earning adults (other than your hubby and you) staying with you & you applying for the above ?
I just sent my baby to infant and thought that we are eligible for the additional subsidy. However the childcare supervisor feedback that we have to include all earning adults to be considered in the household income. This inturn, causes us to fall out of the eligibility as my sil is staying with us.
Pretty unfair as my sil doesn't contribute to our monthly expenditure.

Hi mintymint78,
It's very disappointing to learn of that, right ? Did you include your other adults staying with you when applying ?
If not, I can save another $200/mth.

Hi mummies,
Any idea when the results of whether the subsidy has been approved or not, be out? Still waiting... Almost end of April alr & it's effective in April.

Hopefully mine approved...

Thx for the reply Jungle.

I managed to call ECDA, who deal with this. They said letters abt the results are given to the childcare centers so we should ask them. Apparently the letters have been sent out already in batches and by end of April all letters would have been distributed to the centres.

You are most welcome. Wish you luck. I don't have the chance to enjoy the additional subsidiary due to the above. Really have to write to my mp but don't think the chance is high.

ya i also just know about it. i think it is unfair. we also have to support our parents. So what if we are earning slightly more than the rest? we are also singaporeans, why are we not entitled to this additional subsidy. *sad*

Back