(2012) TTC for #1 2012 Mums!

ttcing- how much do they charge on ur scans?thanks
happy.gif

Maria_Aileen: is ur bleeding light or normal period flow on 25 Mar? U can refer to the recommendations of gynaes here in this forum.

TTCing: U mean faint lines on OPKS? If faint lines they are not positive. Only bold lines as the one u saw which came up e fastest, same bold line for both then is considered positive for OPKs. However, if u r talking about HPT, pregnency kits and strips, YES, so long got lines it means positive le.. =)

I rmb e previous time i always test and always had the faint line and the ttc-ing mates here told me its not postive.. =)

Hope i answer ur questions..

maria_aileen: u can try Dr Esther Ng.. she has two clincis. one in Mt A (i prefer this one), the other is in Katong area. U can get her number from the Mt A hospital website. =)

Vanilla04: thanks... Will try again these few days.....

Btw, any gd and patient gynaes to recommend from KKH? Just returned from KKH, I dun find Dr Matthew Lau patient and detailed enuff. He seems very rush and impatient. Did not answer my queries well too. As the scan showed my follicle at 14mm, I asked if I have O-ed or gg to soon but he said he can't tell. Just said my scans showed that all is normal and told me to 'try again' for the next 6 mths. Like that, less than 5 min charged $80! Scans $120.80 so total $200.80 le! But not satisfied with the 'service'.
sad.gif

Am I too demanding or what?

TTCing: I din get any recommended gyanes from KK la.. Only i read good is Prosf John Tee but he too is e chop chop kind so i definately wun go to him.

I've alreayd made an appt with Dr Benjamin Tham this coming Fri for a seconda opinion lo.. I'll come back and feedback abt him.. =)

He used to be with KK but he shifted to TMC 1 year plus ago...

Anyway, i jus tested positive for O.. Like 20 mins ago.. =D

I'm really excited, the same feeling i got when i first tested positive for O for that cycle when i concevie lele.. =D

tccing_it was a heavy flow starting March 25-27, but on March 28 it was a light flow then today it stopped. Its unsual to me because my period usually takes 6-7 days.

Yip_ how much does Dr Esther Ng charge for first visit? Does she conducts scanning too? thank u ladies for ur replies
happy.gif

vanilla04: How do u gauge your O on which fertile day? I tried using the online O-calculator and CM but like not so accurate for me and always negative
sad.gif
Congrats and wish u success soon
happy.gif

maria_aileen: i think u better visit a gynae for more details regarding the flow....can't advise u much.

bewildered: we BD on wed and thrus night.. Tonight maybe oso will BD.. It seems like we have no pleasure like tat.. MOre to like working.. Me n hubby oso agree to it.. haiz.. Abit sad... But every cycle is very impt to us..

So i assume after tonight, i'll be officially in my 2WW.. =)

Wish me good luck on testing for a BFP and then a sticky and smooth pregnancy all for a healthy baby or babies.. =D

Hi wanna check with you all anyone missed their period but tested neg and few days later tested positive?

I now 14DPO CD34 tested neg quite confuse as AF should report by now if not pregnant.

ttc-ing: I like to test using the OPKs. If tested positive then i'll BD on the very night. Then next morning i'll test again to see if its still positive and if yes, i'll still BD.

Once u tested positive using the OPK, O will likely take place within the next 12-24 hours. As the troops can still in our body for up to 5 days. It will be good to BD before and if can on the day you O however, we will never know exactly when we O. So we can only maximism the chances of striking by BD BD AND BD!! lol.. =D

I found a very good website. You can post ur photo of the OPK and get pple who r also there to vote whether is it a postive OPK or HPT.

Here's the website:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/index.php?p=16

I had posted a OPK under the post #18670. It is definately a positive as i used the Cleaerblue Smiley to double confirm le. I always like to use the Clearblue to double confirm when i see those bold lines.

As for the CM, i heard drinking grapefruit juice help to have more CM. U cna buy those mix with orange juice from NTUC if u find tat grapefruit is not nice. I also drank it for this cycle since last week. I also did this for the cycle tat i concevie lele.

When i was in taiwan during 11 - 17 Mar. We tried on 13th. However, i had some bleeding very very little kind.. Like ending de liao.. But before tat my bleeding already stop for a week.

I actually have this jelly like discaharge before 13th, a few days before 13. So i wonder if tat was the pre CM discharge before AF. And When i had some bleeding on 14th, i was wondering if that was the AF or left over blood however, i google tat even before the 1st AF aft birth arrive, O can take place.

I continue to test even i'm in taiwan and back in sing.

I read that O can oso be observe. I had the Lower Abdominal Discomfort this morning, which might be the egg coming out le.. I dunno how true is it but i jus wanna believe that it is.

About one-fifth of women actually feel ovulatory activity, which can range from mild aching to twinges of sharp pain. This ovulation symptom, called Mittelschmerz, may last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours and is usually noticed in the side of the ovary that is releasing the egg.(i copy form internet)

Actually, i also have OPKs that only had 1 bold line. Which in the previous pregnancy nv happen de. previous Always got a faint line kind but this time round i had completlely no line kind, only 1 bold line.

Seriously, i was feeling very low but still i continue to test twice everyday at 11am-12pm and 8-10pm. Still i had the same suspect tat my OPK r spoiled perhaps. But the fact is we haven O.

In fact, i'm quite lucky that i nv miss this cycle. That night when i test i see and only a faint line. I was about to give up but keep telling myself maybe the LH level still not so high yet, wait another few more minutes den go see. So ard 5 mins later i go back and see, it was 2 bold lines. I always keep te OPK for awhile more sometimes a few hrs to see if it changes. Usually, it wun la.. lol.. The result will stay the same.. But of cuz the result will not be accurate aft a certain time as stated in the OPK.

So i drank lots of water and go pee again, this time, i used clearblue and ALL other OPKs brands that i had to tell. One of the test r not so good, the positive came up rellly slow like 10 mins. When wondfo brand de came up in a less den 2 mins. I was pretty sure it was a positive O but i need to see the Smiley Face. So i waited infront of the Clearblue kit and wait for the Smiley Face to appear lo.. And indeed it did..

I thk there r serveral reasons y ur OPK always came up negative. Maybe the way u do got wrong? Or u haven O, or nv O for tat cycle? Keep telling urself its just tat u haven O, keep testing..

I guess i reall wanted 1 so badly that i keep thinking. Brain in a very powerful thing.. =)

Hello ladies, my first post here, I'm glad to be here, for support and advice. Maybe I can even offer some of my own.

There's so much information out there, and so many posts I need to read.

Here's my details
Me: 41.4, never smoked, never drank, healthy, 50kg
DH: 53, healthy, moderate mobility counts
Us: since 2011, 3 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, never pregnant, devastated and desperate
1st IVF: no mature eggs
2nd IVF: 2 mature eggs, 1 fertilized, did not grow
3rd IVF 13 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, neither fertilized

So now we're pinning all our hopes on egg improvement via DHEA and other vitamins (which I never take except Folic Acid). DH takes vitamins and we believe his SA readings indicate he's mostly ok.

So what kind of experiences do you ladies have, positive and neutral, about DHEA, CoQ10, HGH, TCM, or anything else?

But our doctor and the TCM doctor told use that TCM, both acupuncture and herbal teas, do not really help with egg quality, more with the implantation following ET.

But science can only do so much. Some is luck, chance, divine intervention.

Alexis: Maybe u can try he TCM at marine parade? Ban Choon Chan.. you can google for the address.

I concevie my boy on the very first cycle seeing the tcm..

My problems r irregular menses and obviously i'm not ovulating.. So the doc gave me a packet of medicine to mature the egg and 2 to help my uterus lining thicking so i cna hold my bb if i were to get pregnant tat cycle.

The TCM is very popular and helped many infertility couples get pregnant... But they Q is horrible the medicine even worst.. LOL..

But for the sake of having a bb, all is worth it.. =D

As for those vitamins, i dunno. I only took Blackmores - Concevie Well on the cycle before and the cucle itself when i concevie my boy.. =)

Now i oso have Concevie Well..

Good Luck... =D

(apologies for reposting much of the same post, I noticed some typos and added some things)
To start, here are my details:
Me: 41.5, never smoked, never drank, healthy, 50kg
DH: 53, healthy, moderate mobility counts
Us: since 2011, 3 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs - all in Singapore
I've never been pregnant
1st IVF: no mature eggs
2nd IVF: 2 mature eggs, 1 fertilized, did not grow after ET
3rd IVF 13 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, neither fertilized

After the the 3rd failed IVF 2 weeks ago, I am devastated and desperate.

So now we're pinning all our hopes on egg improvement via DHEA and other vitamins (which I never take except Folic Acid). DH takes vitamins and we believe his SA readings indicate he's mostly ok.

Our IVF doctor and the TCM doctor told use that TCM, both acupuncture and herbal teas, do not really help with egg quality, more with the implantation following ET.

Who are the best fertility doctors in Singapore?

What kind of experiences do you ladies have, positive / negative / neutral about DHEA, CoQ10, HGH, TCM, or anything else?

I'm most interested to hear experience from women 38yo and older as I believe that our age range has challenges that younger women don't have.

Thank you Castiel's Mummy (vanilla04). Do you mind me asking your age?

You mentioned that you conceived the first time after TCM - was that our first baby, and have you done IUI and/or IVF?

vanilla04: thanks for the info. Is the grapefruit juice purple or translucent white in colour? I also read that green tea helps in having more fertile CM. I just tried a couple of days - dun seem to help much.

I also tried the wondfo brand on CD13 which has a faint-to-slightly more than faint double line, which came up in less than 5 min. Not sure if it is considered +ve but BD-ed anyway.

I am also having lower abdominal discomfort/backache for the past few days after CD13 which I think might be/might not be the O-day. However, I also experienced these 'signs' last cycle but -ve leh
sad.gif

I am getting dishearted now. Since Jan this year, I hope to conceive a dragon BB and even prayed in the temples and to Buddha, pasted dragon babies' pictures in my bedroom, but nothing happens
sad.gif
Now, i think the more you want a dragon bb, the more the God dun give u (for my case).

My frds who claimed that they do not have any plans for a dragon bb but strike ''suddenly''. Maybe I shd not let people know of my plans to conceive a dragon bb??

Dishearted and upset.

Alexis: I'm 28 this year. My boy is my 1st pregnancy but unfortunately I lost him exactly 8 weeks ago at 25 weeks due to placenta abruption or Pre-term labor. Till now we still had no clue what happen.

As for the TCM, it is very popular. Very popular for their fertility treatment. I'm those who r not ovulating kind so I went to Gynae and was prescribed clomid for 3 cycles, however, we was very lucky to strike on the very 1st cycle of clomid. I'm very fortunate tat I do not have to go thru IUI not IVF as I do not have that kinda money to go for these treatments. I'm not trying to say tat, who went thru year treatments r unfortunate. Please dun get me wrong.

After I took the clomid I went for te TCM. Jus nice to catch the period before I O. It's worth giving a try.

Ttc-ing: I dunno what color is it leh. Cuz only I drink so I drink from e opening. But it's white packing.

Maybe u can use buy e clearblue de to try when it happen next time?

Thanks again Castiel's Mummy (vanilla04).

Sorry, I'm having a little difficulty understanding what you're trying to say. Seems like your keyboard is broken, many partial words. Maybe it's just me...

I've been doing TCM for fertility reasons since January, and fertility treatment (IUI, IVF, ICSI) since a year ago.

I would say the reasons you and I are not conceiving are probably for different reasons as I'm much older than you. Believe me - I envy your age and wish I started TTC much earlier.

You mentioned TCM at Marine Parade - any idea how that clinic compares with Hua Mei Centre?

Also, how is NUH regarded as a fertility clinic? Is it one of the better ones in Singapore, or are there others which are considered better?

vanilla04: yar, agree tt sometimes bd's mainly for ttc-ing a bb but hor, tt's when both have the same target and works together to create.. Sometimes will get v psyched up during the bd too coz dunno when'll be the lucky strike!
happy.gif
jiayou!

<font color="0077aa">Hihi, selling 'Clearblue digital ovulation kit'-7pcs (expiry date Sep 2012) &amp; 14pcs of 'one step ovulation test strips'(expiry date dec 2012), sprinkle with lots of babydust. All for $15. Keen, pls email me @[email protected] Wishing everyone best of luck!</font>

Is this thread still alive? I had a couple of questions from my last post, if anyone can help with those.

I have an additional question - has anyone had any experience with Dr. Roland Chieng, I think on the East Coast? He was referred to me by another (non-fertility) doctor, but by that time we were already at NUH.

Hi ladies,

If you are considering to purchase OPK/ HPT, Pre-Seed, Conceive Plus, Clearblue Digital OPK/ HPT, basal thermometers and TTC supplements such as red raspberry tea leaves, royal jelly and bee pollen and CoQ10, do check out http://babydustshop.blogspot.com

Jacelyn Tay (ex Mediacorp Actress) shared one of her success tips in conceiving easily is drinking organic raspberry tea that improves the health of her womb. Do try out this tea which is now available at Baby Dust Shop.

Another partner of Baby Dust Shop is pregnant and we have tons of babydust to sprinkle on all our customers!

Babydust to all!

Hi all,
Im a MTB at week 11 (pregnancy was not planned). My husband and I are separated 3 weeks ago.
Since he knew about my pregnancy, he was very stress up. He said that he cant cope with the marriage stress (married for less than a yr) and now with the baby he cant cope. He has even suggested that give the baby a miss &amp; we tried in future.
Right now, this argument has caused a tow between us and it is still dragging. I love my husband very much and willing to do anything. But right now he said Im cornering him with an answer which he cant decide.
We went to 2 counselors but it is not helping the marriage.
I dont know what to do anymore. Should I just go with the separation and have the baby on my own or not have the baby and work it out with my husband (if he is willing to) or ended up losing the both.
Im really very lost right now. Need some advice.
Thank you.

urbenaz,
I'm sorry that u have to go thru all these.

I cant advise much on ur marriage.

I have been ROM for almost 3 years and traditional almost 1 year.

I got preggy in last year Aug very soon aft our traditional. However, i lost my boy when he is in 25 weeks 1 days. It was hard on me and as u can see, this is a Try To Concevie Thread (TTC). All of us here are trying so hard to have a baby and there u all are trying to give up this baby. And to be frank, an abortion? How could u guys think of this when u r already married. having a bb isn';t a very natural thing to be after marriage?

Baby is innocence. Marriage is a problem between u 2, why do u wanna bring an innocence party into your argument. Esp this is your own child.

I believe that the marriage problem is long way before bb is concevie which is 11 weeks ago, right. If you guys really had the problems already den y u guys nv came across taking precaution?

I might be very mean in what i have said, i'm really sorry. But i really dun thk u guys should have taken bb as granted.

This bb might come at the wrong time but who noes it might be the corect time and bb can save utr marriage. Since bb is here shouldn't u guys reconsider about ur seperation?

perhaps u guys just love each other as much as before its just tat the lack of communication which now alot of couples lack of. Communications is a very powerful things. Talk things out and things will work out.

Lastly, i hope tat the outcome will be good and you guys will decide to keep the baby. =)

Take care.

Urbenaz

A baby doesn't come easy &amp; I totally agree with Castiel's Mummy. There must be a reason y god give u a baby at this point of time. It could be to salvage ur marriage. Dun ever give up the baby &amp; come to regret it later.

As u know the gals here are all trying their every best to get pregnant &amp; be a mummy. Not everyone is as lucky as u to conceive so easily but ppl here r all trying their every means.

Baby is innocent. Dun u feel excited &amp; amazing to see or even hear ur baby's hearbeat...hope both of u as parents to be can sit down &amp; talk it out esp since u r the ones who bring this baby into the world.

Siu ping: How r u? Been missing from the thread? this thread is getting colder n colder.. seems like very thread i go all is no pple de.. so sad..

Some back often... =D

Hi urbenaz,

Supposed u r a 1st time mummy, so jus gonna let ya know the wonders of a pregnancy and having a bb..

When in the young stage,you'll worry if u r feeding the bb ok, then tis really amazing when you start feeling the 1st flutters and you'll be smiling to yourself wondering, is this the bb's movements or is it just gas, but somehow deep down, you'll know tt tis bb's lil movements..as time moves by n bb grows bigger and well protected in ur tummy, u'll feel different. Tt u can actually have the courage and given the amazing gift of being able to carry the bb... The bb'd be ur best ally to whom you can talk to and confide in when ya down and the simple feel of touching ur belly, i.e the skin separating ya n ur bb inside is simply fantastic.. N it can give the reassurance tt everythg's gonna b a-ok... Nothing really matters n the 2 of ya, ya n the bb inside u is the most important..

There's the undescrible feel of being able to carry and provide.. We cannot judge u if u r right or wrong but i can share a true encounter wh i've heard with you..

There's a couple undergoing a very big fight to the verge of giving it all up... Same like u, the lady discovered tt she's preggers, the man, shock @ the news is flustered and not sure what to do, 1st thought, to escape, get rid of the baby, dont complicate the already complex relationship matters.. The lady, also headstrong, made the decision to remove the bb which is growing well inside her, maybe to spite the man, we dunno... In the end, they got back together...

E point here is, if they will still be together in the end, why give up that precious life just to stay together? They cld've overcomed whatever problems that they had and still had that bb who could've been 1 or 2 years old already... It is such a waste and a pity...

If the lady had decided to make a clean break and feels that she is not strong to carry the bb through etc, do the bb good and see a counsellor before making any decision.. Or if one can, give the bb a chance at life n give bb up for adoption..

E decision is urs, as TTC-ing mummies, guess we all regard bb as the most precious gifts and trust tt u will feel for ur bb too, no matter how small or young the bb is... Tis a life inside ur tummy... Review ur options carefully... If u need help in terms of bb stuffs, guess most mummies'd gladly help out too...

Best of luck to you in ur marriage and do come to a wise decision and not a reckless one, most important thing is, dont live ur life in regrets.. It may be a tough stage tt ya going thru now, but just consider everything carefully before deciding so that you will not blame yourslef or anyone on hindsight... Take care...

Hi Castiel's Mummy,

I'm been just silently reading but not posting. I read abt you losing your baby. Felt so sad &amp; heartache for you. Glad you are putting yourself together to carry on with the ttc journey. Jia You! The next one will be sticky baby for u.

I'm currently doing well..Now I'm 23 weeks &amp; 5 days pregnant, expecting a gal.....so far been good &amp; hoping for a smooth journey ahead...I'm still seeing the tcm at marine parade once a month &amp; feel an xin when he said my pregnancy &amp; baby is progressing well.

Jia You all the ttc mates here. Never ever give up. Perseverance does it. Baby Dust to all.

hi all,

im sorry i posted on the wrong thread. im very confused right now. i cant remember things as well. im so sorry.
i tot the baby is a wonderful thing that can save my marriage but the daddy doesnt think so. we are separated and im trying to patch things back with him. he just wont give in. he said he fear things wont change. we will still argue.
and now separation is all he has in his mind.
i wan to keep but im not sure if im strong enough. will i go into depression before and after the bb is born.
im really sorry to post it here.
btw, i had 2 abortions prior to my marriage and my husband is 50 (and this is his first marriage), so i tot maybe chances are slim to even get pregnant and all these while there wasnt a hit. then suddenly, we hit the jackpot and i got pregnant.
I was having mixed feelings then and when i realise my husband doesnt see the bb has a blessing to save the marriage. things got worse n worse. till today, its still the same - he insisted that we cant live together anymore.

urbenaz

u came in to the right thread to talk about your problem. Ppl here are trying to Conceive. Not easy for many.. and sometimes i tell myself baby is a gift from god. You want may not be what u get.. for your case, looks like it not a gift at the right time. But..for me.. bb is forever with u..

I dun think bb can separate parents.. the man may not just think its bb problem.. but its more of a excuse to add on to the problems. If there is already a problem.. even if u have a bb anot wont affect it or make it worst.

Everyone will want to save the marriage.. but think through..baby abort.. are u very sure that u can save the marriage if u abort? After abort are u very sure that next time u are able to conceive when u plan to have one? BB is Innocent.

They are right baby is innocent and now u are lucky to have this baby pls don think of abortion. Cos I also aborted twice , miscarriage twice now trying very hard and trying all method to get pregnant.

i have tot it thru before that abortion right now doesnt mean it will save my marriage.

im worried about my mental state now. pre &amp; post natal depression. it will affect the baby &amp; there is no one to help care of it. and i also fear my husband will say he takes its custody since i cant take care.

urbenaz if u are determined to have the child. u will also have the determination to overcome all the pre &amp; post natal depression.

Custody for the 1st kid is normally to the female if u are willing to take care. If from now till birth you are the one giving your baby whatever u can.. i dun see u will lose the baby custody.

Think carefully.

Hi urbenaz, im sorry to read about ur current circumstance but i just hope you will now just concentrate on ur baby right now. I don't think you have to worry about ur husband wanting to fight for custody for ur baby since he doesnt seem to keen in the first place? While trying to salvage your marriage, it really takes 2 hands to clap. I'm not sure what is the problem that triggers the separation between you two but i hope its something resolvable. we tend to be more emotional when pregnant so don't let ur negative emotions overwhelm you too much coz baby will feel it too.

Hope to hear updates from you soon! Take care!!

Hey ladies, i was previously from this thread.. Had recently delivered my baby boy safely on 30 apr.. As promise to ZSNN at tOa payoh shuang lin shi, i'll b returning 100 red eggs on my bb's full mth this saturday 2nd Jun at 10am. If u ladies r interested, u can pop by to grab my baby dust red eggs..

Baby dust to all ! Jia you !

(posting on behalf of my sister who is doing her uni paper)

Hi, I'm doing up a research paper and will like to seek some opinions on assisted reproduction technology (e.g IVF) and your views on adoption of babies.

If you are a mum who is considering ART and/or adoption, please help me by answering these few questions.

Thank you so much!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7NTQBY3

Hi all! I'm new here! Anyone has experience with nannies? I'm thinking of finding 1 near queenstown commonwealth area, any recommendations? Thanks!

Urbenaz

Sorry to post here while u guys have discussion. I need a little help. Do get to me for adoption of baby. As I'm trying to adopt one with reasonable amount which dont exceed 9,000.

Due to not able to give birth anymore(knew the news last month due to 2 times miscarriage in a year), i decided to go for adoption. The news really hurts me lOts coz I'm just 24 and have not even a kid yet. And the news do hurt my mum a lot too . She went a little bit far more than depressed and always thinking that baby is still in me whenever she thinks of it. Consult doctor but was saying medication can't cure only control as she needs to work out herself. So despite I'm very sad and depressed I got to think of not only me but her too.and at this point of time, Husband left me too. So my dad and I came out with a solution, since I can't give birth, why not adopt those who are keen to put for adoption so that my mum can be better and I can have a better motivation of living my life better.  kindly do help out for this.  it will be good for going to give birth de or newborn as they still can't recognise if not its like so cruel for those who alrd know their parents. Kindly give a helping hand. Apps 83006803 thank

not sure is this thread active in pray zhu sheng niang niang.

i am going to tao payoh temple to pray zsnn to return favor tomorrow afternoon, hence will be praying with red eggs.
not sure do u believe, do go pray n get baby luck from the eggs placed there.

Back