First time mum-to-be in their 30s

Ashley & Elaine,

I've searched you via facebook. Check if you do receive my friend request.

Also, let me know yr msn (replying at FB if it's not deemed convenient to reveal here).

oh Ashley, I din know that you know Serene Tee :p perhaps will like to share how you got to know her. we got to know at S'pore brides as our big day was only a mth away in 2008 :p

Hi Loh,

Time flies and you are going to deliver soon.
Been really bzi with bb and he is sort of driving me insane coz he never sleeps. He only wana play and be hug.

Been suffering from infection after delivery coz never rest properly. Same goes to baby as the weather is really terrible and a lot of my family members caught the flu bug.

The only consolation is that I can exercise (if only I have the time) as my stitches have completely healed. I'm trying to lose the weight and have 5 more kg to go. I have lost 12 kg so far within 1 month +.

Keep me posted. Take care

hi Chiam,

great to have you back here with the latest update.

wow, losing 12kg is alot. so tedious for you, huh??!!

must ensure to hv a gd immunity against the bugs, esp bb n yrself...

oh no, was the infection v bad? anyhow, since cured iss gd. indeed for e time being, mummies will not hv much personal time n b v occupied by e new status.

looks like u've gotta train e bb..some babie need more patience & time to be trained. i read some articles asking parents to set routines for e bb & environment, esp for bb to zzz..

daytime with some background sound in norm environment & night time to be quieter & with environment to tell him it's bed-time, using specific terms such as bed-time, day-time something like that daily. night-time to BF as per demand.

patience is reminded for us, parents, towards e infants.

anyhow, we'll wait for one another's update regularly.

oh btw, Loh is busy now n perhaps for e time being, will not b able to update us here as she delivered on last week
happy.gif

wait for her posting..n hopefully soon
happy.gif

meanwhile, u take care too
happy.gif

me has 5wks more to go..n counting down.. constantly reminding bb on this as i want to enjoy e long wkend in Oct (deepavali with e Monday off-in-lieu given by co).

observed that on last wkend till this morning, i've added some retention on e limbs. this morning realised both palms, esp e fingers. looks like e whole of Right-side Limbs hv more water retention...

Hi BB (imac),

i Loh has delivered. That's great!

Thanks for sharing.

I caught a vaginal infection coz of reliance of pad. My gynae has advised me ag. using pad when there is no blood discharge. Then I kena urinary tract infection and have to drink lots of water to make my urine less acidic. Then now, vaginal dryness is my companion as I won't have any menstruation coz of breastfeeding. sigh

I will jia you one. Same to you.

I have updated part of my blog. Now for sharing
http://handlingpregnancy.blogspot.com/

http://post-pregnancylife.blogspot.com/

I'll be updating more frequently. Do become my follower of my blogs to track my progress.

Take care!

err.. u mean to continue to use pad even if ther's no more blood discharge??

oh, didn't e gynae prescribe anti-biotics for urine infection? indeed u need lotsa water as it's part of e necessity for BF..

is it v uncomfy of vaginal dryness?

great n will f/up on yr blog regularly..

cheers
happy.gif

thanks for sharing yr blog, Chiam. so we r almost e same size before preggy
happy.gif

yr labour seemed to be less tedious n 'smooth-sailing'. i start to lost confidence after experiencing Braxton Hicks recently. did they get you to clear yr bowel? so did u start BF shortly after delivering Issac all e way in yr stay in hospital??

I also miss Sashimi!!

it must be suffering to witness bb's crying..is he better now?

can share e Malay Lady's contact? how often do u massage? still doing now?

Hi BB (imac),

i was still using pad as there was slight blood discharge (spotting type). Guess I should have stopped using pads once the blood has almost dried up. Really pay a painful price.

My gynae did prescribe oral medications for urine infection. It was safe to take though I'm BF. I actually sought several confirmation with my gynae before taking the medicine. Now I'm drinking more water coz I'm really scared of urinary infection and also quite dehydrated after BF.

For my vaginal infection, it was insertion of medication into my vaginal as oral medication was out for me since it was harmful to my baby since I was BF.

Do check with your doc about taking medication during BF period. It pays to take precautions.

Vaginal dryness is very uncomfortable but still bearable. Now feeling much better.

However, I'm suffering from aching and painful wrists coz I wash my hands too often! I just come back from a chinese physician's massage. He's really good and experienced. My weeks of aching wrists and numb fingers have partially recovered after his 5 - 10 min massage today. I'm definitely going back to him if any part of my body suffers from aches.

oh, norm we'll continue to use pad till it's completely gone. or at least pantyliner rather than totally none at all, don't we? will take note of this.

how to relieve vaginal dryness? is it a common experience?

experience aching / painful writs so fast? indeed gd to get it cured ASAP rather than wait.

time flies. now it's almost 2 mths after Issac.

oh btw, k share the contact of the Malay Massage Lady?

hi V_Ni,

indeed..most of them r MIA, wondering how they are, Mamapig & e rest.

guess Loh k only find time to update e details after e confinement. she did update me, enjoying e bb Gal
happy.gif

how abt you? getting better? how do u spend yr time?

i just finished e Birthplan n want to check if everyone here does have one, esp those who have delivered, if they did go thru e list with e gynae before delivery.

i reviewed it fm BB center -
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/labourandbirth/planningyourbabysbirth/samplebirthplans/

Hi Ladies!

We had our baby girl last Thurs 17 Sept! She was 3.5 kg and labour was mostly smooth and fuzzy coz of the wonder drug, the last hour was most intense and rewarding of course.

Bb is taking up most of my time, feeding, changing, washing and catching up on my sleep. I do have a confinement lady but I only allow the lady to do the household chores. I didnt know I will be so possessive over the baby that I did allow the CL to touch her at all!! The last week has been a steep learning curve!

Things are slowly getting back in a routine. I also have a lot of help from my family. My parents does the marketing for me and my mom comes over to keep me company and I tend to bb myself. I didnt realise that the mental and emotional support is so very important too!

Chiam
Do you rock your baby to sleep? or your baby self settles? It is very tricky! Also do you sleep with bb? Is this vaginal dryness part of the process? Are you on Facebook?

BB (imac) is next in line then Ashmud?

hi loh,

congras 2 u! ur gal must be very chubby n cute! The last few moment during giving birth is the most memorable of the giving birth process.

I agree bb tt bb takes up majority of my time- almost 95%. LOL. being possessive is quite natural i guess. i wana participate in watever activity tt my mum n mum-in-law do wif bb, otherwise i will feel very left out n guilty 4 for being wif bb.

I depend on my family to help me as well especially in coping with bb cry. It was quite tough to identify the needs just based on crying. But now bb has grown up and can give different cry signals which are more identifiable. I absolutely agree that family support is very crucial, otherwise new mothers would have broken down and gone into post-natal depression.

I'm on Facebook. I'm blogging more extensively to share my experience in managing my newborn. I'm updating regularly now coz time mgmt skills have improved. The only thing that has not improved is my urinary area still feels uncomfortably coz it's quite dry. I won't be having mens. that early as long as i'm BF.

In my 1st month, I have to rock bb to sleep everyday especially nighttime when he's most alert. The baby simply won't settle down and zzz even though he has been fed. It was quite tough. Now, i only rock bb to sleep during daytime. He will zzz quietly every time and only need to be fed every 4 - 5 hours in the wee hours of the night. My family was grumbling the lack of yao lan "spring cot" to rock bb to sleep. LOL. I only have a manual bouncer and a rocker cum high chair to rock bb. It will get better once bb reaches the 2nd month onwards. Jia you!

I dun sleep with bb. He sleeps in his own cot at my mum's place. I'm currently looking for another cot to be positioned at my in-laws place for bb to sleep. He's very contented with sleeping by himself but he has to sense that we are nearby in order to zzz. Are you sleeping with bb? I fidget a lot while sleeping and I'm afraid I will hurt bb so won't let him sleep with me.

This week is Week36 for me! Suddenly feel i'm not ready for his arrival yet!! <god>

For e past 2 days, it's a torture for me. e Right Ribcage is in pain again , esp in e night-time <sob> He can't sommersault so keeps stretching..Tend to also wake up a few times for toilet break n bathing (cos it's just too uncomfy altho i'm not sleeping in a saun!) Insomnia again! Luckily I'm clearing leaves these 2 days. Ytd was so bad that I woke up at 3am n after bathing, I switched on the TV / fan to rest a while before heading to bed. Alas..he kept stretching n caused pain to me that I 'scolded' him a few times. He seemed to understand but continued again
sad.gif
then i shook the tummy slightly asking him to give me a break!! haha.. i must be have sounded v impatient n 'bad' :p

I'm like Chiam, would like to participate in every single moments / happenings while taking care of e BB. That's y i may stress myself indirectly as that may perhaps increase my demand towards my helper(s)
happy.gif

oh, i've yet to get a rocker..

hi Loh,
I be gg for a f/up in the evening n perhaps mention abt e birthplan. Shld b gg back on a weekly basis wef next week. Update u on e progress again.

hi Chiam,
I'm trying to search for you in FB..

Hi BB (imac),

The vaginal dryness does affect the urinary area and it's quite painful when I pee coz it's dry! There's no medication so my gynae advises me to put purelan cream there and not to wear tight undergarment and bottoms. It does help so now getting better.

I went for the chinese physician massage. He's quite old and experienced. He has helped me relieve my blocked ears and numb hands. However, I didn't really heed his advice in not touching water so the result is my wrists are still in pain coz of the wind. I guess I have to bear with painful wrists and aching arms for a long long time coz bb is getting heavier by day.

I will pm you the contact of the massage lady. She's quite good and experienced. However, she is not very punctual. The cost is $450 for a week massage. The best period to get post-natal massage is 3-4 days after your delivery so that your womb can be massaged to contract faster.

Loh,
after me will be Ashmud n Mamapig..both in Nov
happy.gif

Chiam,
You also experience blocked ears? oh yes, gotta suffer a period of time..that's how great a mum can be
happy.gif
as for e massage, so u do it in a daily basis? how many times do we need to go for e massage? a month or 2, or in terms of no of days?

Hi BB,

Let me have your email address so that I can send you the massage lady's contact no.

I have just updated my blog. So please free feel to visit http://post-pregnancylife.blogspot.com/.

Have you managed to locate me at FB?

I have been catching up with my readings on taking care of my babies and mothers. Will share soon which books are good and must have.

You will definitely love the experience of spending every single moments with your BB.
happy.gif

I have been taking pics of my son every now and then and he has grown so much from his birth. Cannot imagine the baby in our womb can grow so much when he's out of our body. Now my son can smile, talk and play with me so it's kinda fun as compared to when he was a newborn who only cried most of the term.

hi gals.... i not mia.... still reading the posts here... silent reader :p

i m in week 33 now..... 2 more months.....time flies! So BB is next, then Ashmud then me huh??? Cannot wait!!!

congrats to those who have bombed
happy.gif

Hi Vi,

I have pm you the contact no. of the chinese physician and the massage lady. If you are looking for full body, will recommend the massage lady as I enjoy her massage during my confinement.

For nappy rash, I found the perfect cream! I was so excited and been using them since then. i have blogged about it. Initially I did try to air my son's butt but it did get very messy coz of all the peeing. Then I use the correct lotion and powder and it's working well with his sensitive skin and nose. At least, one load off me. I did blog about the brand, so do visit my blog.

We are using cloth diapers but find that the washing load is super heavy. Now we stick to diapers and it works well so far. However, do buy good ones, otherwise nappy rash will occur. Rashes can be super terrible and annoying.

Hi BB (imac),

Blocked ears and aching wrists are the result of sleepless nights due to night feeding. The chinese physician has healed my blocked ears but my wrists still hurt coz of constant carrying the carry and also he's getting rather heavy for me to support his weight.

Massage frequency during confinement can probably be once a month. After the first 3 days of delivery, you can actually arrange for massage to contract your womb. It works faster but this is not applicable to C-sec mums. The objective of the subsequent massages aim to get rid of the wind and relieve stress due to late nights and tiresome baby crying. I desperately need one full body massage myself.

hi Chiam,
I couldn't really 'find' you using searching using yr name extracted fm yr blog.

Perhaps you send me e link instead :p my personal mailbox is [email protected] n it's e same one in FB. K send the contact number to me via email. Thanks
happy.gif

Just came back fm e f/up. Next wk onwards b on a weekly basis. wow..bb grows so much suddenly whereas my appetite hasn't grown. I just hope that he continues to grow healthily n do not 'over-draw' fm me :p Let me have gd sleeps else, i've to get hospitalisation leave to stay at home to catch up precious sleep that will soon be 'gone with the wind' temporarily :p

Yr updates in blogs sure benefit us..thanks alot
happy.gif

hey Mamapig,

why so low profile??? dun need to be a silent reader lah.. u k voice out :p

how r u feeling?

personally i feel that e most fortunate moment is during 2nd Tri. now, esp e 9th mth onwards, i underwent different stages. imagine that i shared with HB of trying again for a gal in e near future.

now after experiencing almost e whole term (fortunately 1st tri was ok), it's kinda ... erm..then he commented a few of my colleagues / frens having #2 w/in 1-2yrs after delivering e 1st bb :p

it was me who initiated to try for # 2 w/in a short time frame (after 1yr)..haha..now a bit held-up by e current situation..

Hello everyone,

Guess anxiety is really building as your BIG day is coming soon. I'm also excited yet anxious as I'm into 32 weeks soon.

Chiam, thanks for sharing your experience. The vaginal infection and dryness really sound bad. Hope you have recovered well. I also thot of using cloth diaper in the day and disposal at night to encourage longer sleeping hours. Well, prob it might also change depending on how cooperative bb will be. and also the heavy washing load....

I just went to test for gestational diabetes and results shown tt I'm marginally high. Nid to monitor my diet until I delivered. So now cannot accede to my cravings as and when I want!

hi BB,

heeee.. i am also planning to try for a 2nd one if i am able to
happy.gif
i also want a gal if possible
happy.gif
well... but most importantly, let's see how i survive this delivery first! hahahah!!!

Hi folks,

Sorry I've been MIA. Now into my 32nd week.. belly is really bulging, every few steps I take, I need the loo, baby's engaged since 2 weeks ago, dunno if he'll turn again! I do hope junior will pop out like 2 weeks earlier (edd 25th Nov), can't wait to rid of this weight and clumsiness! And of cos, can't wait to see his face
happy.gif

Chiam,
Sorry to hear that you've gone thru those nasty experiences, but glad that you're sharing it with us so that we may learn from it!

ILoh is a happy camper, enjoying her time with her princess. Also heard from her that BB has been admitted to hospital, not sure what;s the latest status!

Tmrw's my appmt with gynae and it's the detailed scan again.. so excited to see how much weight junior has gained!

Chin up, ladies... the journey's just begun for Chiam and ILoh, it's our turn soon
happy.gif

Chiam A

I hope bb will sleep better in the 2nd month. At the moment, she some times sleep v easily after feeds or some times she expects to be rocked and sang to which can easily robbed 2 hours of our precious sleep and very trying! Really depending on her mood!

We dont sleep with bb, we put her in a separate room on her own and watches her through a baby monitor. I am thinking of getting some sort of rocker to rock her, it can be very laborious rocking her to sleep in the wee hours!!!! Anything to recommend?

I am also breastfeeding. It was one thing I was very concerned about initially but glad it is gg very smoothly. It can get really messy some times coz if bb dont wake up in time or if i dont express some out, my breast will be leaking like a broken faucet! Initally, bb even hv some problem feeding from the right breast because she couldnt contain the flow!!!

Did you have an episiotomy?

I hope you are feeling better from your infection.

Hi Ladies

BB also gave birth yday but she didnt give much details in her sms. She only mentioned she has some issues w BF. Sure hope she is doing well!

V_ni and Chiam
I guess most of the 10 kg went to the bb and the placenta etc etc. I have lost most of it now! 1.8 kg to go to my original weight!!! The lack of sleep is a great weight loss programme! I still eat a lot and feel constantly hungry because you need additional 500 - 700 calories to BF. Chiam do you eat a lot? bb isnt exactly that chubby i thought, but she is longer than average bbs haha ... like her parents i suppose!

V_ni
Enjoy your last 3 months! go do all the things you want to do ow you really wnt get the chance for a while. I am dying to rebond my hair but i really dunno when I can get to go?!

Elaine
you are same timing as Ashmud. I wonder which of you will be first?

Chiam
What does the massage lady do? I havent done any massage yet! I really should organise it! Do you really find it helpful?

Ladies
Again, please find me on FB (ingridloh) or msn [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi Ladies again

yea posting quite a few, bb is hvg a nap now. just feel i need to get back to some civilization...

I am sort of in a dilemma right now.

I have gotten a CL to help out. She came on the 21st but I have not been very happy with her performance and it has not even been 2 weeks!! I am thinking of sending her back early. Here are some of the things I dont agree with her, please tell me what you think?

She has not been very hygienic with her food preparation, for me that would be the most crucial factor because I am BF.

1. She would often prepare raw food exposed in the sink right next to a bowl of washing detergent she uses for dishes. We had to tell her a couple of times before she would get rid of the bowl and dispense washing liquid to clean only when necessary.

2. She always thaw raw food at room temp! Doesnt she realise bacteria will start to breed?! My mum, hubby and I hv told her a few times to thaw in the fridge but those words fell on deaf ears!!! what was worst was she betrayed me! on one occasion, i told her again to thaw food from the freezer in the fridge compartment and nt at room temp. I followed by transferring the raw food personally into the fridge. She said OK. A few mins later, she took out these raw food and hid them in a pot and continue to thaw at room temp!!! When I found out she wasnt even apologetic!!

3. She also thaw raw with cooked food! Sigh

4. On a few occasions, we have also found plastic bits from wrappers and food trays in soup and dishes.

5. Once, she even have a long strand of hair in the veg!

6. I would expect her to be an experience cook, but on occasions the meat was still pink! Definitely not recommend for BF and especially not with her hygiene level!

7. She also broke an expensive glass!

8. She is also v fond of doing laundry and will keep them for a good few hrs b4 putting them up! i asked her why dont she put them up, she says the cooking will make the clothes smell again so if tt is the case why dont you wash them later? I would hate to find black spots or damp foul smell from cleaned laundry!

9. Today she draped a wet towel over the bb pram? I dnt understand why she dnt use a hangar in the laundry area???

10. She likes to soak vegetable for a good few hours before cooking too! That completely drained away any vitamins or nutrients. She also cooked veg to death, the broccoli are often yellow.

11. She also likes to leave tap water running!

Geez I am getting tired typing her faults!!

Anyway, we feel this is a very comfortable assignment for her and fail to understand how she can under perform. She watches TV by 9 pm and wakes up at 7 am daily. This we dont even mind. Since I already told her right from the start, I only wanted her to do household chores while my hubby and I will tend to bb. She says she has no problem with the arrangement. I changed my mind about her handling the baby after monitoring her handle the bb. She is often sweaty and smells a little sour. Once she carried bb and she pushes bb face right into her breast and tshirt which I know cant be that clean from the way she smells. I got her to bath the baby once, and she was very rough handling! Sigh ... I feel I have met the CL from hell!

Hi BB(imac),

Haven't visited my facebook yet. Once I have added you, I will drop you a note *wink* Hope you are enjoying your pregnancy so far as taking care of the baby after delivery is not joke. It's really hard work for first time mothers.

I just returned from the baby doctor visit yesterday and my son went through a minor surgery to get rid of his pus-filled sore at his bum. Was really upset as bb was crying so much in pain. I'm quite pissed with the baby doctor who treated my son's sore. He just brushed off the whole affair even after my son's sore did not go away after 2 weeks of treatment. I had to switch doctor yesterday and was recommended to a specialist coz my son's infection has no improvement. The doctor's attitude does matter greatly. So do choose your baby doctor wisely with recommendation.

Hi ILoh,

Sounds like you've lotsa grievances with the CL!!!

Poor thing, no contract right? Can you discuss with her on early release without further compensation?

Vni,
Search for my profile in fb n msn using [email protected]

Hi everyone,

sorry haven't logged in for a while. I will try to add you ladies in my facebook in a while.

Iloh, I'm a day later than Ashmud. Mine EDD is 26 Nov.

V_ni, hope you will clear the glucose test. I was made to go thru a day with other mummies under strict care of a nurse and dietician. They taught us how to test our sugar level, what to eat, what to do and of course the fear factors if we do not monitor our sugar level.

Have been trying to control what I eat since then but the worse is really having to prick the fingers to test every 2 hours. I better control cos now I only need to do so once a week.

V_ni, try to control what u eat now and walk more. It is supposed to help. Change to wholemeal and low fat food. All the best!

hi EVERYONE,

finally got a short time to access e world!!!

i delivered a slightly pre-term BB due to bleeding suddenly after e usual gynae f/up n in labour for 18hrs! Witnessing lotsa little fellow into e world n yet mine was still inside me, duno waiting for oct 1st or what..phew..

Yes, i told Loh that BF wasn't that smooth in a way was what e lActactioner said - challenging nipples for BB as they r big for him!! Indeed n what to do..inherited bah..so now expressing milk for him. so not an issue at all except of e tiring schedules..i'm trying to f/up BB's schedules as he's pre-term, he couldn't take lotsa milk now. Now abt 50-60ml (just 2nd week) n my milk is ~ this. Some coll said that i'm overly anxious of no increased pumped milk. anyway, mixing with Formula Milk.

My CL is gd - k cook &amp; taking care of BB well. So she k rest every afternoon. Just that on last week, she then shared with us that she is usually working for Day Shift (9-6pm) only. Just that my agent paid her more to take up 24/7's FT Confinement Assignment.

Then you know what..on last Wed, she suddenly told my HB that she wants to take day shift only if we agree. HB did not commit on when to start so but did emphasis that we (esp me) to start learning e ropes, esp on cooking nutritional food, prob at Wk 3 or 4 &amp; that we would like to extend confinement to 40days so as to build up my body constitutes.

Then on last Thur evening, she told me that she would go back home n gave me her mobile in case BB was cranky n need her to come back. I was taken aback that she thot that we gave her immediate consensus. I know her request as HB told e day before. Just that I already dun really like her behaviour so I merely kept quiet n let her go off. i k take care of BB as he'll sleep soundly after well-feedings. Just tt this mth's suppose to be my resting time n proriorty shld be Enough Rest. She used e reason that we wld need to take over anyway. But not now, isn't it?

I did not want to create a scene for e sake that she k perform. Then ytd, she told me that she needed to go to e MP for her request to apply for Citizenship &amp; etc (anyway, her family background's messy n affecting her attitude performance here). In e am, she told HB that she'll try to come back. Before she left, she told me that unless we need her, else she'll only come back this morning (tue). I din want to argue with her as BB will be under her care still.

HB's unable to slp whenever it's feeding time. So imagine 1 BB needs 2 adults as sometimes it clashes with my expressing of milk time. So if she dares to make e 3rd request, I'll call e agency to get a replacement immediately. She's taking us for granted. Reckon she thinks that we r kind-souls n is taking advantages of us now.

Imagine that yr CL requests for nights off. Unless u r engaging a Daytime nanny else, who will encounter such a request. She thot that by refunding us e nights off k solve e issue. It's not e $$ that's of critical concern. It's me. I can't have a gd night sleep. Importantly is HB who needs to work e following day. My BB is easy to take care. Not alot of housework for her to do n MIL has been coming over to replenish e marketing stuff. Isn't that gd enough?

Now I dont want to engage her to do another mth for me as before she made her first request, we thot of engaging her service (day time) at $1.4K so as to learn from her. Now even at extending to 40th day confinement, I'm hesitating. Just that HB said that I shld make use of this time to build up my body as mom who delivered k take confinement food up to 40days (thereafter, it's useless even if taking confinement food as e body will be heaty by then).

what do u think of my CL?

Hi Loh,

I sympathise with u on yr CL. Wouldn't be able to take it too.

Since she doesn't take care of d BB, contact e agent n get a replacement. Altho yr confinement is ending soon, dun let e agent take e advantage too. Hv to gamble in case u may really be able to get a gd one..

Mine also use water like nobody's biz. I can't be bothered by many things so hv to close both eyes wrt this.

Hi Chiam,

Yr BB's still not recovered yet? Poor thing.

Hi Ashmud / Elaine / V_ni,

U gals do take care too..really must enjoy e movements of e BB inside you!!!!!!!!!!!

e moment e BB is placed on yr tummy, e feeling is REAlly wonderful! Also e more u see BB, e more u'll adore
happy.gif

Just that I dun experience menstrual cramp before, so during contraction, my tolerance was quite short. I asked for epidural (anyway TMC din offer laughing gas and checked wiht me if i need epidural instead) I needed a 2nd jab as 1 lasted for 6hrs.

Ladies, I'll create a blog later, prob k only do so next mth as this mth, I also hv a problem.

I got 'Hong Mo' - in HOkkien. CL said that due to my poor body constitute n my persistence in bathing daily causes it. So now I've not choice but to use Rice Wine to wipe e body n put lotsa powder. Also powder dry my hair (just find that i'm really filthy
sad.gif
)

I'm already counting down to end of confinement :p

Hope that next yr we k bring all our bb out for a short gathering ..

Cheers n take care
happy.gif

<i'll>

Mamapig &amp; Chiam,

I dun hv any link on FB &amp; msn of yr a/c. Want to link up with me? u k get hold of me at [email protected] (for both fb &amp; msn).

V_ni,

added u ytd, waiting for yr approval. also refer to my request above.

Then in e future, we may share via msn easily
happy.gif

Hi there,

It's not ez after e lil fellow is born.

1st mth's definitely needs to get used to e disturbances, esp BF or expressing of milk.

For me, 2nd mth may not be ez n needs to hv time mgmt as will be alone taking care of e bb, cook nutritional food (for breast milk), sleep n find time to get in touch w e world!

May miss much interactive time with u Mums here
happy.gif
Nevertheless, gd luck n take care.. Will still check e updates here as often as I k.

cheers &amp; enjoy Motherhood..a tedious no-pay-check job &amp; yet a wonderful feeling
happy.gif

v_ni,

tks. his weight was considered acceptable when born.

crossing my fingers hard that thengs will be smooth for e rest of e confinement period since it'l be ending soon. really do not wish to turn our faces as she k works..only e attitude isnt that rite.

better monitor e sugar intake for all MTbs. bear w it n time will pass by real soon..

yes. enjoy e lil fellow..

hey there, e thread has stopped. wat happens?

MTBs, any update on how u r doing now?

for us mommies (azure, ingrid, chiam &amp; myself) r so tied up w e schedules / lifestyles w babies. k only update once a while or via msn / fb..

certain days for me to wake up 3x to express milk is so tedious..imagine u wake n yr spouse is zzzz..envious n jealous..keke

lets do not lose touch n hope to hear fm u soon
happy.gif

take care n cheers..

Hi Loh,

I'm back! Been really bzi trying to get used to baby's routine. I have switched hy baby caretaker from my mum to my mum-in-law coz shel couldn't cope with a non-sleeping bb. My son simply won't zzz... he can be awake from 7am to 7pm without nap.

The only way to make him zzz is a yao lan. It works wonders! Loh, you may wana consider having one at home. The rockers dun really work. The yao lan is simply fantastic! My son enjoys the rocking and swinging.

But I dun let him sleep in yao lan at nite. He has his own cot and can be independent in sleeping.uc

If you are buying rocker, consider those automated ones, i think Fisher brand has such rocker. I bought manual ones like the netted rocker and it can be very tedious rocking the baby. But the material is a netted version so it can be cooling for bb to zz.

Your bb wakes up a lot during the wee hours? You may wana BF him as the activity tends to make bb drowsy. LOL, if i wana bb to zz fast, i will BF him and hum/sing lullaby to him too. Works quite fast.

I'm not sure if I did have episiotomy. But my stitches did heal fast. I went for my checkup last month and my gynae gives me the green signal that my stitches have healed completely.

Any chance we are meeting with our babies?
Will update my blog soon. cheers

Hi BB,

Congras on the arrival of your bb. I just msn you!

I already loose track of the updates in this thread. Have you completed your confinement? How is it like for you? How's baby?

I just make friends with some mothers in motherhood.com w ho happens to be my neighbours and their bb is of almost the same month as my bb. It's quite fun actually to meet up with them to share woes and joys of first time parenting.
happy.gif

Take care. look forward to your blog

hi Chiam,

TQ..yes rec'd yr msn invitation just now.

confinement now (really being confined :p ) if based on mth old will be 29th oct. b taking tonics to 40th day (9th nov).

extending e CL for another week. after 6th nov b taking care of bb on my own.

tedious life as bb preterm so sucking power isnt that gd. occaisonally tried latching on. altho improves a little, hope he k directly feed on to reduce expressing of milk timing. pumping every 3hrly. certain time of e days k meet his feeding time as he is now taking every 2 hrly.

now kinda get used to e routine esp of disrupted sleep n will wake automatically to express.

i'm supposed to b Oct MTBs but now belong to Sept. kinda hard to join that mth's MTBs. din get to know other MTBs in motherhood here except this thread (u, loh,ashmud, elaine &amp; ashley).

coincidentally HB's fren whose bb is also in sept lives in e same block as me.

so far i've all of u n my colleagues in touch. been getting support, esp encouragement on BF, as was harbouring to give up (will still be a moo moo mom when time's up to pump).

hope to c yr blog soon. as for mine, i wonder when i k do so. only drafting it in a notebook
happy.gif

cheers n look forward to hear fm all of u n meet up in e near future..

hey how's everyone ?!?!?

sorry i MIA for like forever oopps....
its been a tough 1 yr as our babies now on their way to be toddlers....

how's everyone coping with the new teething, walking or even RUNNING ahha!!! or the next thing on our mind, gosh their education !! its like worrying me such a big deal

do u bring your kids to those gyms or playgroups??

Back