Baby rejecting Formula Milk

huiqi16

Does any mummies experience their babies rejecting Formula milk??

My son is 4mths plus old and I have been breast feeding him since birth. Lately I have been trying to feed him formula milk so that in time to come, he will accept Formula milk when I stopped breastfeeding him.

But whenever i try giving him formula milk, he will not want to drink. He will cry n cry and spit out all the milk. I will then no choice to breast feed him, and he will obediently drink.

Now, MIL blames me for introducing formula milk to bb only now.

Any mummies have the same experience??

Could someone share how to solve this problem?? I do not want to force my bb to take formula milk when he doesnt want but MIL insisted that I have to force him if not he will not to take formula milk in time to come when I stopped breast feed.

My bb is also 4mth plus... now coming to 5mths. She is also rejecting her milk..... It could be due to teething..... Don't worry so much

hi sylvia00,

then what did u do?? u just leave it and feed bb with breast milk or u keep trying to feed bb with formula milk?

i just started to feed her with friso wheat cereal, so far she's willing to eat... and then the following meal after 4hrs she's willing to take her milk

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

Qiqi.... How's ur bb? now my gal is back to her normal feeding. i tried to dilute her milk. and she drank every 3 to 4 hrs. u can try that.

Hi sylvia00,

Thanks for asking. My son has started to take formula milk again but only like u, ifi dilute the FM. How old is your gal??

My son is 4mths 3 weeks and yet he is still drinking every 2 hours since birth.

Hey I had that prob with 1st son, tried to get him used by 5 months plus then he reject I gan jiong.. you can test different sample packs of formula personally, Nestle NAN(NAN pro? can't remember!) is by far the least foul smelling one..more watery(means no need to add water to dilute hence allow baby to take in more nutrients). You know how bm has no smell, but fm has a very strong zinc-y/iron-y taste due to the freaking higher amounts of iron they try to overcompensate for BM. I switched from S26, to enfamil, friso, nestle NAN is the best he transitioned really smooth with that and I gradually intro him to mamil after he's been on NAN but observed he has diarrhoea/constipation quite frequently with mamil ended up with NAN again now he's 20 months switched to all in one milk liao. So it may be you haven't found one he preferred yet! Take it slow ladies, it's hard for a young baby.. For me after my son's been weaned, i kind of missed the intimacy leh... sob sob.. hahaha!

I Jus started to wean my 8 months old baby. I have tried slimic follow on and he jus refuse to open his mouth. so i change it to enfapro A+ also the same... then no choice i EBM to feed him again. also when is the best time to feed him?

Hi, i'm also facing the same problem, baby has been on breastmilk the last 4 and ahalf months and now wan to switch him to formula, he rejects. tried enfalac, nan also cant. he keeps pushing and rejecting FM. any suggestion? i have tried to dilute the milk? for eg put 3 spoons for 5 ounce... but still dun work

i had this problem when i wean off bm when my girl is 6th mth..

so what i did is to mix bm with fm.. now we r still doing that.. 3rd day.. so far she is willing to drink.. if FM, she refused to drink and vomite all out!

so as days pass, add more fm and less bm..

hope it helps!!

good luck mummies!

yup, my boy just hit 4 mths n he is now choosy. funny thing is we used to supplement with enfalac in his first 2 mths n he was fine then. but now only wanna take bm. for me i try to feed fm when baby's really sleepy.. it works for now at least
happy.gif

and here I was thinking i'm the only one!
sad.gif
My bb rejecting too, and I need to go back to full time work in two weeks!! STRESS!!! I'm trying mixing the BM with FM and she takes it. Right now we are at 40% FM, 60% BM. VERY SLOW TRANSITION!
sad.gif
My little lady is a very fussy one! Any mummies tried this trick? How did it work?

hi kiran, take heart. my daughter's 6months now and wont take FM either. im also going to try the partial BM+FM and see if that does the trick. actually i tasted friso and it's quite similar to BM taste, dont know why my girl dont like. haha! as a result of no FM she takes slightly below average milk, at 6 months she's taking about 150ml per feed every 3 hours. my mum also giving her cereal feeds 2x a day.

i'll try this weekend. the vomitting thing..my friend scared me saying she's allergic to cow's milk. i dont think so lah...very few humans in this world allergic to cow's milk leh..cant be i so "lucky" right? haha!

good luck and let me know how it goes for you okay? i may miss this thread so you can PM me if you want...

Hi ladies... Talking about bf, i would like to share with you a very funny experience.. My child was bf by another person. I was trying to cut my bf for my child cos i need to go to work very soon.. But it was coincident that 1 of my close relative was oso bf beside me.. So when my son saw, he was very excited. And my other relative says, let her try, let her try. And she ask as its ok. So i said ok. But i somehow develope a very strange feeding that my child is not so close to me.. How would you all feel if you meet such circumstances?

Hi

We are moving to singapore with our 9 month baby and found out that Novolac baby formula is not available. Can anyone tell me if NAN 3 is easily available?

also is baby sebamed products - shampoo, soap etc available in local stores?

Back