Antenatal Class:Which one is better?

leo26

Can everyone who has attended these classes share their experiences?I am deciding between Mt A or TMC.

HiHi,

Ya agree with Mummy to PrincessA, Mrs Wong Boh Boi from TMC is good.. and I was so regret i didnt find out first before I actually attended mine at KK hospital.I met and talked to her personally at one of the baby talk (organized by Abbots) she will give alots of great tips and experiences and not deadly from books where we also can read ourselves.

hi ladies,thanks for reply...are all the classes at TMC conducted by her or do i special request for her classes?

I think she conducts most of the classes, unless she is out busy with some talks. Please check with the staff.

leo26 : Attended her class 2 yrs ago. Need to request to be in her class. Some of the nurses carried out classes as well.

Her class is popular. So book early.

Don't know if there's any changes recently. Mine was 2 years back.

Hi Tulips02,

Personally attended KKH classes last year.
Not really good as they are more reading straight from the handbook and not many tips given, quite bored too...I had personally approach Mrs Wong and listened to one of her talk, alot of insight good tips. In fact I was quite regret to attend KKH classes
sad.gif

hi i also attended Mrs Wong BB class 3 yrs ago at TMC..... very good. Make sure u tell them u want her class while booking cos not all classes conducted by her..

Hi,

My wife and I attended the class at Mt. A. We find it a waste of time. Didn't really learn much.

I will suggest you attend those classes organize by private organization. They are more detailed and let you know the do's and don't in the hospital.

I still remember when we were in the class, the lady was talking the various options on pain management, rather than encouraging the ladies to go for drug free delivery.

i have just booked the classes with Mrs Wong @ TMC, i took the weekend classes, its 5 lessons (At AMK Hub) + 1 dr's talk (at SCGS), i paid abt $230 cos non member (im not delivering at TMC).when i was there to reg, i saw Mrs Wong teaching a couple how to feed the baby, she really seems experienced though abit stern,haha....

Hmm... was thinking of having this antenatal programme... saw the topics covered for TMC and KKH.... i find that the one at TMC is more comprehensive.. anyone just sign up for this?

WOuld like to know more regarding this... :)

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

hi i personally find it is good to attend classes as it involves participation with the father. however, if you don't have time, reading up through books and magazines is helpful too.

i agree with geberra, i've attended 1st lesson yest with hub, he's actually quite participative and puts what he learns in lesson to use, like massaging me, etc ...so if u hve time and dun mind spending, its gd to go for such lessons with hub ...reading is fine too but unless both reads together or hub finds time to read too (my hub too busy with work), so may not involve both parties.

For reading, my hubby actually doesn't like to read. so what i will do is i will just ask him to read specific pages that i have flagged out after i read the whole book.

Hi leo/geb, I have the same problem ..my hubby is busy with work and he does'nt like to read..so i was also considering the antenatal classes on wkend so that we can do something together ..

leo, can i know where did u sign up your classes?

hi sheela, i signed up at TMC, think u can do it over the phone too but they may need you to go down to make payment..
happy.gif

hi Leo

how did u sign up? i can't find it at tmc's webpage..btw, i'm seeing a private gynae (tmc clinic at amk), prob k deliver at tmc. if so, will e charge be lower??

hi bb, i also signed up with TMC. if you want to choose lesson time, esp with Mrs Wong, then pls go down to register earlier cos it's filled up quickly. that's what the counter staff advised. you need not be delivering at TMC to attend their lessons. have fun!

hi the lessons are conducted by TMC but they are held outside TMC premises. The "tutorial" lessons are held at AMK Little Skool House and the final "lecture" by the doctor is held at a school hall.

once u signed up,they will inform you on the timing and the venue of each lesson.

Hey guys, i've managed to successfully register for the TMC class at AMK Hub (though it was like quite impossible at the begin'g , the nurses keep taking down details and transfering here and there and saying wud call back to confirm the list) , my last try was on a Friday just before the new weekend class begins and my lucky star Mrs. Wong answered the call. She straighaway told to to attend the class (like tomorrow)since i was due in Oct and will be too late.I had to simply bring the check written to TMC ..yup that simple. It's been 2 classes and the class is quite good and very informative. I like the way she involves all the hubby's in all that matters - massage/labor etc etc. You will not regret bringing them there, they won't feel left out ..the class is simply fulll.

have not been to NUH antenatal class, so can't comment.

personally, i went around end of 2nd trimester.but have to book earlier. too early, can't remember some of the stuff by the time baby is born. too late, you are probably too big and heavy and tired by then. you can also check with the person-in-charge, usually they are able to advise when roughly is a good time to go for the class.
have fun!

Hi mummies!

May I know if anyone can share their experience on what will we be expecting during the doctor's talk for the TMC antenatal class? I'm supposed to attend it this evening but I'm not feeling well and thinking of skipping it.

ha..ha ..ur not the only skip'g it i guess..i went for all the antenatal class but then cud not attend the Dr's talk cause it's inconvenient to go on a weekday evening ..i heard diff dr's cover diff topics..really wonder whether it's useful to the parents...i think you can reschedule ur miss'd class if ur think'g about goin...

Hi,

the weekday doctor's talk touched on baby's care and postnatal problems such as postnatal depression etc.

it is very very useful to me, especially when i am a firsttime mummy.

Mrs Wong Boh Boi at TMC's class is very good. She is very lively and engaging and very funny. Even my hubby, who was initially reluctant to attend these 'mummy-classes' enjoyed himself and learnt alot.

Actually attending these classes more for my hubby cos I can read up on my on, but I wanted him to learn hand-on skills on how to bath and feed baby, clarifying myths and what to expect when mummy is breastfeeding. It was an enjoyable course and at least we now have the common understanding on how to handle the baby. He even advised my MIL at times when she is not sure/ does things the old-fashioned way.

Has anyone tried Ms Lilian Pong's Child Birth Education Course at TMC? She conducts classes at BLK1, Thomson Road on Fridays & Sundays. How is she different from Ms. Wong. Ang Mo Kio is too far from where I stay!

Back