Antenatal Package at Raffles Hospital

DUMBGER, I think $1100 is very very reasoanble. I need to confirm Dr Tony Tan's package in my next visit but from what I gathered from the nurses outside, it's not as reasonable.
sad.gif

YA, that's true cos Dr Tony Tan is a senior consultant i think with specialization.

He did my amnio and detail scan...he's really good..actually i wanted him as my gynae but it's not convenient for me to go to Raffles for appointments.

sheela
so did u sign up at raffles? how many wks r u at now?

girlizz
haha, when i told my hubby the package was $1100, he say so expensive!! cos 3 yrs ago when i delivered my boy, my antenatal package was only $550...i told my hubby u think prices can remain constant every year meh?? hahahaha.

Hi dumbger,
I'm 28wks now, No i did'nt though i wanted too...as i've written on the thread above..

I was actually seeing another gynae at Parkway but was not comfortable with him since he treated my pregnancy as high risk just bcos i was 35..(yalor..old oredi)...he was charging bout 2K+ from 20 wks..ex right..

Then i changed to Dr.Watt at about 18wks..she did'nt want me to sign on the package immediately since i was about to go for my amnio/detail scan just to be sure all is ok.
By the time i did that i was more than 20wks.

She later told me that the package was not necessary since i was also on my own vitamins ..

Really crossing my fingers it's not goin to cost me that much without a package ..sighhh..
I'm thinking about not requesting scan picture(may save me $50 bucks).. basically i have a lot of collection of these pictures since 8th wk, the last one was the scan pic of the babies hand & feet
happy.gif
, not really excited to have more..

I just came back and was quoted package of $1000 excl normal delivery fees. All other standards (scans, vits and folics) included tho. I'm already in my 16 weeks. I think that's a bit on the high side.
sad.gif

Hi,
Cheap lehh..Dr. Tony Tan is an experienced Sen Consultant ..liked him..he did my detail scan and Amnio but he's stationed at raffles. there's a lot of good review about him too..U dun hv to see another gynae for certain scans etc...he's qualified to do all.
For me, a little inconvenient to travel there that's why settled for Sengkang.

By the way think it's worth it to take the package ...i recently hv to pay extra visits due to my diabetes check that was high ..if i were to calculate amount paid w/out package about $700 oredi, still have 2 months to go ..with weekly and biweekly check ..think will hit more than 1K excluding delivery.

girlizz

i had done CVS by Tony Tan b4 but he is not my gynea. tat time my gynea is Joanna Thong. do u have any idea how much is he charging for c-sec or natural birth. cos i find him quite good so for my 2nd one. i wld like to get him. if he too exp then may need to reconsider.

thanks

Sheela, yes.. I like him a lot. Very detailed and patient doctor. Which is why it is difficult to make a decision. Most likely I will sign up as I don't want to change.
sad.gif

Yvonne, I heard from the nurse it's around $1500 - $2000 for normal delivery. I'm not too sure about C-sec tho. Maybe you can call his nurse to enquire? My next check up is a month later else I can find out.

Hi,
based on the brochure i took from Raffles 4 mth back , these were the prices quoted for C - sec:

3days stay
1 bed - $2518-$3100
2 bed - $2080-$2900
4 bed - $1788-$2700

2days stay:
1 bed - $2218-$3000
2 bed - $1880-$2700
4 bed - $1638-$2500

On top of these ,Newborn nursery =
2 days: $360-$390
3 days: $430-$460

Hi ,
I think it's GA cos' at the bottom of the brochure it's mention that the follow'g are Exclusions:
-Epidural services
-All dr's service(Obs/Paediatrician/Anasthetic)
-Extra charge for twin del/ failed normal del
-Antibiotics/Pessary for induction of lab/abdominal binder
-Phototheraphy,Hearing test for newborn
-Treatment for complications/room&nursery stay extensions
- Laboratary, X-ray & OT surcharges(after off hour & horoscope delivery)
-Extra meals, Laundry Services, Overseas phone call
- Lodging for husband or others in patients room

oic, then it should only be for the bed charges.
epi and GA charges is excluded. GA is more ex than epi btw.

Ha..ha..thanks..hopefully can make it ..

I have allergy to many medication ..scared the epi has side effects ..

Also ,encouraged by the $$ savings and on top of it my baby also not that big
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

Any one tried the gynae at Causeway point?Any reviews? Does anyone have the bill size of a 4 bedded rm in RH?

Normal delivery (2N)
If you take the Raffles package , 4 bedded = $1088 (discounted based on normal price of $1880)
Assisted +200

C-section -
2N stay 1638
3N stay 1788

Note that the package amount above is basic without the addition plus+plus as mentioned on the thread.

Also , it may be lesser based on Medisave deduction.

Hi all,

I'm new here and am shopping around for a good female gynae. I recently found out 2 days ago that i'm about 5 weeks pregnant and that i need to book my first appointment soon.

Since i work at bugis area, would be convenient for me to go to Raffles Hosp for my checkups.

Besides Dr Watt, any other good female Gynae and how do i go about booking appointments with them?

Thanks!

hi mumsie
i work at bugis area too.
happy.gif
my gynae is dr watt, so can't commend on the other gynaes at RH.
for booking of appointment, u can either book online, or call them up at 63111230/22.

hmmmm... since you prefer female gynae, then me cant comment... as me took up dr tony tan one...

Hi mumsie, i went with Dr Cordelia Han at RH for my 2nd baby. Superbly comfortable with her. She jokes around & yet very concern about my wellbeing especially when I just had to remove a cyst when I was around 20 weeks pregnant.

Fyi, I was with Dr WK Tan at TMC for my first but prefer this younger lady for a change. & never did I regret my decision.

I agree that the package is pretty expensive but when I compared to TMC, its similar in amount so why not??? BTW, I took a 1-bedded.

Hi all,

I also went to Dr Cordelia Han for both my pregnancies. Very professional and caring. I was a bit depressed after my first delivery and she will try to talk to me and also call me to found out how I am doing.

Hi,

Anyone has the latest price package from RH?
Notice that the ones posted were from 2009.
Nowadays everything increased alot. So wonder how much is their latest prices now.
Trying to compare with TMC.

Thank you.

Back