A mummy din walk much but had short labour

beaupeau

Hi Mummies
I was on bed rest since week30 now I am quite worry that when gg to deliver time cervix will nt dilute or dilute very very slowly. Any mummies who also had bed rest and din reali walk much also manage to have very short and smooth delivery.As my #1 had a very short labour.Hope to have the same kind of labour.However due to contraction have to be on complete bed rest since week 30 .But till nw week 38 le baby still doesnt wan to come out gynae say might be overdue.If so than must go for induce.So stress up nw.

Wow! Now your baby refuse to come out.

You can try taking primrose oil. It helps to relax the cervix and helps with labour. If possible try to put the pill straight into your vagina. I got this information from House of Babies, channel 70.

I'm sacred I will have the same problem also. I'm still on bedrest currently cos of early contractions.

Joanne
I remember I saw u there how many weeks are u nw? Remember I was admitted to hospital due to contraction for 10days gynae was so worry till nw I made it to full term but seem like she dun wan come out le haha the onli thing I very scare is wait in reali labour le wont dulite cos reali walk very very little .Thats y hoping for any mummies who have also been like bed rest or walk very little manage to have short labour share story.

I'm at the premature babies forum also. I'm 29 weeks, will be 30 weeks on tues. I just entered hospital last sun for contractions. My doctor is quite positive that I can make it to 37 weeks. I hope so too. I'm also afraid of the same thing as you. Plus my baby is pretty big. I'm thinking of going for water birth.

Joanne
Dun wori so much I actually gt contraction since week 16 like that but gynae din reali check till I was week30 he was quite shock when he did a V scan to find that my cervix actually open up when contraction so was quite wori but than see I manage to tong till nw 38 week baby dun wan come out le sian wait till my neck long long le haha hope she will come out these few days

Hi lovelytulips,

How many weeks are you?

I got myself a nice counch to lay on in the living room and a adjustable laptop table. I got got lots of books. My hubby subscribe to Starhub cable and miotv for me. Plus I'm doing cross stitch and knitting. I'm also doing blogging. All these can be done without me moving much. Plus my Father in law just hired a maid for me ! My lovely sister also been coming over to accompany me. And my 2 dogs.

Hi Joanna,

i'm in my 26 weeks.

wow... u sure have lots to do and be occupied. hoping to be cleared of mc and back to work next week but wonder what's the chances.

lovelytulips
Pls remember total bed rest u reali must not get up.For me I just lie on my bed slp lor most of the time onli get up to toliet and bath and eat other than that all lie down.U can make it de dun wori too much time will flies see I am in almost 39week le this fri I started my bed rest on week 30 now baby too comfortablee dun wan to come out le.My cervix also open all the way up when I was having contraction at week 30 which make gyae very wori.U just try to relax dun think so much.Take care. Can add me at msn if u need someone to tok to [email protected]

lovelytulips
I have to be occuiped. The first few days are a tortune ! Almost got bored to tears. I'm normally a very active person. Can't sit still for long.

It's better for you to rest all the way from now on actually. Baby is more important than anything else. I didn't want to take hospitalisation leave at first. But the thought of my baby being preterm scare the hell out of me. So i made the decision to go on bedrest.

If you like mahjong, u can try www.viwawa.com. There is live online mahjong. If you got facebook account, you can add me. I'm online most of the time. I don't have msn. [email protected]

hi caca, Joanna Tan,

thanks for the encouragement. i'm also those active person. work during weekdays, out almost every weekend. so the 1st few days i was so bored and i'm not a tv person.

yes, i did think abt preterm etc and it really scares me too.

now when sitting, i try to slouch such that i dont sit up straight.

caca, kudos to u.....

lovelytulips
No pro but remember once u reach 36 week consider quite safe le start walikng.See now my baby doesnt want to come out le think too much bed rest.I nw coming 39week le baby might be too big to deliver gynae say if reali nvr come out than gt to induce le so stress.

Joanne
Haha ya lor thats y I very scare.Yesterday I see gynae le than he say my cervix din open din dilute so must induce le if by next week

I read that drinking raspberry tea leaf will help to induce labour and also speed up the labour process. Can google and read up on that.

thanks ladies
i have delivered my little girl induce on the 16march by drip natural birth w/o epi. thanks

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

Hi Hui Li

U have disable personal message from sending to you. Can you advice where ur mum is staying? I am looking for a nanny to look after my baby after I go back to work and I am staying at Bedok area.

Hi Mummies,

I'm currently 32wk but i'm suffering from leg pain on my tigh since last 2 month. I'm hvg difficulties in walking for these 2 mths. Will it affect my labour coz i cant walk much & no exercise. This is my 1st child.

Pls advise..
Serene

Hi all mummies,
red raspberry leaf tea should be taken after 35th week or should start around 37week and it induces labour. Also if you use during labour it will reduce ur pain.

boil the tea and sip in bottle. For labour you can make it as a ice cube and put in ziplock bag before starting to hospital.

ANother one which helps to induce labour naturally is foot reflexology. Advised after 37-40 weeks (I dont rem exact week but not early)

I think longer or shorter labour has got to do with structure of the pelvis and not how much we walk during pregnancy?? I walk so much during pregnancy but due to my pelvic structure... I took so long to dilate...and only gave birth more than 17 hrs later.

Same goes to some of my other friends?

Back