Programmes for 6 months' old to 2 years' old

anqi1975

I am looking at going for programmes such as Shichida, i-genius, essentially training the right brain programmes. Not sure if any mummy have brought your babies to such programmes before.

Hey, you can try growing up gifted. I heard it is good and i am considering to enroll my son too. I brought him to baby's jumper's gym in bukit batok sometime back but find it is not as good.

If you are interested in GUG, better register early cos they have waive the registeration fee currently for the Suntec Outlet. Don't know if it end already. You may check with them.

Hi Jie Qun,

I started my lil one with GD Methods when she was 7mths old,she is turning 1 now!
I signed up the course as it's for lifetime and i personally felt,teaching your child to read,always starts at home.It's a great activities for you and your child at home.
GD are more for right brain and teaching your child to read.They have flash cards,books,audio and video dvds.
I only spent less than 3mins every sessions with her everyday at home.You will be amazed with your child if you follow the methods closely and it's not much of hassle,just flashing cards and story books..
I must say that now at the age of 1..she loves books and it's amazing to know how much she has absorbed throughout the last few months.
I am thinking to sign her up at GUG when she turns 1.5mths just to exposed her to other children and being at "school".
You can call GD up and find out more.It's areally simple mehtods..

GUG's program is not the same as Shichida. Shichida is more focused on challenging the brain, whereas GUG's focus is on music, art & craft and phonics.

I do agree with princess diamond that teaching your child to read starts at home. My girl does not attend GD, but she did attend quite a few enrichment classes (Kindermusik, GUG, Right brainz ctr, Act3). Now she is with Little Neuro Tree and ZooPhonics. I have been reading to her since she was 12mths old (started out late), but amazingly she loves books (English and Chinese). She is now 21mths+. I am glad to say that she is able to recognise most of the letters (A to Z) and Numbers 1 to 10.

Hi Princess Diamond,

I am thinking of starting my 8 mths son on GD programme by just buying the VOL 1 & 2 Flash Cards from 1 of e mummy in the forum. May I know whether will i be success without attending the class provided by GD school itself? can I just buy the book:how to teach your baby to read" and follow closely on how to flash to him? So far how effectively your gar has beneficial from this programme? can share? iam very reluctant too as this GD set is not cheap
sad.gif

Hi Mummy to Princessa,

Woaw, you are really good in enriching ur bb with all the programmes. How I wish I can do the same. Are you SHM? i guess I just dont have all the time to bring him to all this classes so I can only do something that at home, like GD programme. One thing for sure is I will enrol him into phonic class sooner or later, may I know is Zoophonics good? how much are you paying if you dont mind to share
happy.gif
Thanks alot...

Hi vivian,
I am a FTWM. But i work from home most of the time.

The enrichment classes that i had enrolled her are weekend classes, not weekdays.

Zoophonics's program is ok. Similar to GUG. My girl has been exposed to the sound of A to Z when she was with GUG, so will see how will they progress when she turns 30mths old. Zoophonics' fee is cheaper than GUG. I paid $200 for March lessons ($20 for registration, $120 deposit which is refundable, 3 hourly lessons on Saturdays).

Hi Mummy to PrincessA,

Thank you so much
happy.gif

I went into zoophonic website and said the programme is for 1.5yrs old bb so I checked the
GUG, can start from 8 mths, yeah!! My bb boy is 8 mths now. I just emailed the enquiries to them, I wonder can we have trial lesson 1st before we enrol the bb in but the location is far and only with 2 outlets so happy to see Tampines has one Zoophonics, next time I can enrol him there..

Dear mummies,

What is the website for GUG?

What is GD stand for?

Mummies to Princess A,
Does Little Neuro Tree touch on phonics during the lesson? Is she enjoying for both classes?
Zoophonics 3 hrs wow..that's quite long, will she be able to focus throughout?

GUG = Growing Up Gifted
GD = Glenn Doman

LNT (Little Neuro Tree) does not cover phonics. And yes, she enjoys her lessons at LNT and Zoophonics.

keke....not 3hrs lah...the lesson is only 1hr. I put 3hrs becos i paid for 3 lessons for this month. The educator is taking a break this Saturday, so no charge.

Hello!

Junior is going for his very first LNT lesson this sunday... see how it goes.

By the way, how old can we enrol our child for Shichida?

asking for opinions - if there is only one enrichment class that you will enrol for your child (around 18 mth old), which will you choose and why?

I am thinking better not sign up too many for my child but there are so many choices out there that I dont know what is best for my son....

cutiebb99, I also know there are a lot of choices (didn't I mention that in my earlier thread!). At 18 mth old, kids are interested in anything and everything. Are they not?

hi samantha,
i just sign up my girl (20 mth +) at gracekids. Before that i checked out kindermusik (tanglin mall branch) and GUG (forum branch). We love gracekids at first sight because the place is huge and the teachers are very engaging! They have this class call Rythm In Me and there are 2 teachers for the class, one singing and dancing and the other playing the instruments. Visited zoophonics but i don't really like it because there's only 1 teacher and the classroom is so small! Although we heard good feedback from GUG but we also doesn't really like the environment there. Too classroom and academic feel. That's what we felt lah. Though they have a so called outdoor play but still not as good as gracekids.

But at gracekids, you literally feel at ease. Both parents can accompany the child. Well, it does get messy when you have 15 kids and 30 parents. The one we signed up (Busy Buds 18mths -2.5 years old) only have 5 kids and max 10parents because the other parents prefer the other timing, 11.15am every saturday. Mine is 9.15am every saturday. According to the teacher, by right there should be 3 teachers but one of them is on leave. The classroom is inviting and nice. And they have a rest and relax cafetaria which serves snacks and beverages for waiting parents (have to pay), ie you want to take a rest and let your hubby attend to your child
happy.gif

The downside abt gracekids is that it's at Great World City. So, if you're staying at east, it's really a bit far. And the other thing is you once you sign up for the class, you can’t change class anymore because I think the fee is different. Other than that, it's really good. Do check out the place.

oh yeah, gracekids has a big gym area (much better than gymboree) and i was really impressed with their logistics!

www.gracekids.com

Hi Aria jo, thanks for the feedback. Looks like you are really happy with Gracekids!
happy.gif

Junior had his first lesson at LNT last Sunday. Boy, I am really impressed! He sat thru that one hour rooted to his chair and was totally engaged for the whole hour!

His class had 5 kids ranging from 13 mth to 17mth. There was a 16mth old girl who cried from the start to the end. Needless to say, the mummy was so upset with her. The teacher actually had to ask them to go out of the class becos the little cherub was too loud (crying) and all the tots are losing attention.

She was one of the kids on full lesson. It's a wasted first lesson...

samantha,
lucky you! my girl also cannot really focus on all the activities but luckily she didn't cry when she first attended the class. she just hung on to my hubby like koala and observed around.. but a while later, she was a bold enough to roam around the class.

i think babies below 18 mths really very difficult to focus and follow what the teacher instruction.. pointless for the mummy to be upset with her baby lah cos it's an expected behaviour..hehe..your son is an exception
happy.gif

I have to always guide my girl back to the group and i saw the other mummies doing the same thing..haha..the kids just love wondering around, touching this and that.. they're so curious!

yes, we're happy with gracekids.. the logistics, the place, the toys, the friendly teachers (mostly filipinos) everything is good..oh the outdoor is quite fun too.. they played bubbles and trampoline. my girl love it! this saturday is sand play.

Hmm… after hearing what you say, I gotta check Gracekids out! But I wonder if 2 enrichment classes are too much for a young child around 17mth? I don want to be those KS parents leh, I just want to provide the right and enough exposure for my son and he is to enjoy himself, learn something in those classes.

But honestly, I am really proud of him for being so attentive in his first lesson. Even the teacher said he’s very well behaved. You know what, he’s so attentive in class that I think the attention drained all his energy. After the class, we went straight home so that he could have a nap. He slept for a straight 2.5hr (usually he only nap about 1 hr or shorter). Hahah so tired.

Ya, I am also thinking that it may not be worth the $ to sign up for enrichment classes if the baby is too young. Sure, they can learn, no doubt about that. And they would benefit from the lessons. But it’s difficult to get them to sit for 1 hour… sometimes they become tired and restless, sometimes they are just plain stubborn and refuse to cooperate, also the new and strange environment etc… I think maybe the best is parents learn the stuff these enrichment schools do and parents themselves conduct the lessons at home. As and when the baby is ready, they would do it.

samantha,
i think it's tough on the parents actually, not the baby to have..haha..you can always sign up for the trial classes before committing to it or just go and check it out. may be join the next batch when your boy LNT classes complete
happy.gif

hello all..

i need help...
my gal is 14mth now.. and i have hard time teaching her flash cards.. as she dont seems to pay attendtion?
i even bought baby can read dvd for her.. and she starts to yawn la... make noise after a while..
she loves to watch barney!!!
i wanna to send her to some programme so that she learn somthing...
and recommendation for my gal?

Baby Jumper Gym, you can try..=)
May I ask at what speed do you flash your card to bb? =)
BJG caters fr 4 months to 6 yrs. =)
Im a trainer at Baby Jumper Gym..=) heeks..u can do a trial to see what we do..=) If baby like to be active then the gym part will excite her..=) good for psycho motor skills too.. =)

We have 3 outlets.. Thomson, Bukit batok and Kembangan..=)

U can PM me if you're interested..=)

Know what parents, As much as Im promoting where I work as baby trainer..=) I believe the parents DO MAKE A difference..in their learning process..

There really ARE MANY OPPORTUNITies for your bbs to learn.. like when i bring them out for walks etc.. talk to them, sing to them... and let them interact w the environtment.. let them view flowers or moving cars etc and tell them what they are etc...so much learning can be done and not only in the trainer centres...

Esp when they're 3 months to 1 yr...expose them...=) movements, music...etc whenever u can..=)

Brining them to the baby centres will definately help cuz have structure and it's structured time for dads and moms to bond w bbs too..cuz you're there..

At my centre, parents are allowed in so can bond..=) and play and learn from us and DIY at home too as u pick up skills from us..=)

Just a take home for every mommy and daddy here..=) Im a trainer and believe learning takes place every single minute..=) you're there.. U can do it..=)

If you're interested in our centre..=) PM me..u can just come for trial, no need to sign up.. come and see, like then sign, dun like.. no obligations..=)

Baby Jumper Gym, Thomson. =)

Back